Tylock-George Eye Care & Laser CenterWorst doctor ever

A

In my opinion Dr Gary Tylock should not be called a doctor of medicine! What he did to me I consider to be criminal! I trusted him to do a very simple procedure, and I've suffered every since! I've been to many other doctors since and they have all told me that what this man did to me cannot be reversed! Too much tissue and nerve damage! He told me he was Board Certified in plastic surgery, since then I checked at "Health Grades" and learned he lied to me about that too! He is not Board Certified in Plastic Surgery! The Tylock Laser Center is a FAKE!!!

• Qu
    quaddad Jul 19, 2010

july 2010 Just had my eyes done with Dr Tylock and I am as happy as I can be. The next morning I could see and played golf that afternoon. The staff was incredible and bent over backwards to help. I didnt want to wear my glasses for 5 more days for my surgery the next week so they did it that afternoon. I was going to get my eyes done 7 yrs ago by the "other doctor" in Dallas but it was such a cattle herding system I backed out and took me this long to get my courage back. Dr Tylock was the best and I would recommend him to everyone.

• Mk
    mkp216 Jul 17, 2010

Dr. Tylock and his staff were nothing but pleasant, knowledgeable, efficient, and compassionate before, during, and after my LASIK eye surgery. The office appointments flowed very smoothly and the staff went our of their way on the day of surgery to keep me calm and informed of what was happening during the procedure. I am only 2 days out of surgery and am already amazed with the results. As for Dr. Tylock himself, he is a well-educated, ethical, and personable physician. I would recommend him to friends and family in a heartbeat. Anyone who says otherwise in regards to his character is either a) flat out lying or b) involved in an internet marketing slander scheme. My guess would be both.

• Mi
    michelle1234 Mar 25, 2010

To "Eyesopen2": The doctor has a right to defend himself. I would if I were wrongly accused. Why are you even reading reviews on this website if you think it can't be trusted? Yeesh. You get a life.

• Ey
    eyesopen2 Oct 22, 2009

I would not trust any doctor that is writing their own reviews as tylock has on many websites and even Google map reviews. I have seen other Complaintsboard complaints and [redacted]s and and and on Tylock and then I see a bunch of sweet puffy posts about how great he is posted under the complaints. Just ask yourself this question. Who Gets Lasik from a doctor and then goes to the Internet complaint sites to write how great their experience was? What a Joke. Dr Tylock is creating the comments and Reviews. Do you think we are all stupid Dr Tylock. Get a life.

• Sc
    Scott Lonski Feb 17, 2009

Rebuttal regarding the above post !

Dr. Tylock is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He has spent over 20 years training other doctors as a clinical professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

This posted report from "Angela" is completely false. Dr. Tylock would never claim to be a Plastic Surgeon, and quite frankly I am not quite sure how plastic surgery ties into LASIK. As with any major surgery it would be suggested that the patient do their homework and make informed decisions.

Dr. Tylock has been chosen a Best Lasik surgeon by his peers for 4 years in an independent poll of other doctors. He is also been selected as the official LASIK surgeon of the Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks and the Texas Rangers.

All of Dr. Tylock's credentials maybe found on his website, www.tylock.com.