TracFoneservice

R

I have been trough DFW airport in September and again in November. Prior to September, I had no problems with TracFone service at the airport. Beginning in September, I have not been able to get service even though I have tried to use the phone in four different terminals.

After a trip this week, I tried to report the lack of service by calling one of their tech support numbers. The first problem that I encountered was the representative did not seem to know the location of DFW airport. I was then told that the signals get "lost in the air". After considerable discussion of the problem, I indicated that I simply was reporting a situation that I hoped they would try to resolve.

I was somewhat frustrated by the phone call; thus I decided to contact them via their website. Their response to my initial message was that I needed to provide them with the physical address where the problem occurred. This indicated that they had no idea of where the DFW airport was located. After giving them the address of the airport, their response was that they did not guarantee service at all locations. This was followed by the "boiler plate" reasons for the lack of service. Basically, their response was an insult to a user of their service.

I find it a bit strange that Tracfone cannot provide service at a major airport especially when the problem started in the last few months.

ernest d darrohn Jul 02, 2009

my voice mailbox says when a call comes in that the mailbox is full and wont answer any calls.

ernest d darrohn Jul 02, 2009

my voicemail mail box states that my mail box is full and it cannot recieve any messages, so my cell phone will not recieve any calls.I need to find out how to erase the voicemail messages so I can recieve calls thank you.

My cell phone serial # [protected]

mrsquigles Jul 02, 2009

ernest, who are you talking to?

ernest d darrohn Jul 02, 2009

who do i need to call to talk to on land line.

mrsquigles Jul 02, 2009

This is just a complaints web site. You should gGo to Tracfone's website if you need help from them.

mrsquigles Jul 02, 2009

Here is the website for voicemail support for Tracfone.
    Hope it helps.

• Co
    Colton Aug 06, 2009

My tracfone wont receive calls or texts from my girlfriend its soooo frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix it?

• Th
    the deud Apr 14, 2010

The first level of people contacted at Tracfone are really dense. I was on the phone trying to have my old cell number ported into my new cell phone. I was told before this was done there would be no problems and not to worry.

I was placed on hold for what seemed like 90% of the time I was on the phone with them. Two Tracfone Reps actually just placed me on hold for the fun of it. I reported one of them.

Would you believe I was on the phone for a total of 5 hours? 5 hours!

Now, I find out from the last supervisor I spoke with I would have never had my old number ported successfully into my new phone because I needed a new Sim card to go in the new phone.

All of that time wasted.

And some of those Tracfone Reps can be really antagonistic too. It is almost as though you are not speaking with a human, more like a machine when you call them.

And why is it the Reps will not transfer a customer or place customer on hold without having to ask the customer if it is ok for them to do so? Honestly, it becomes sooooo annoying after being placed on hold for 30 times or more, and the customer is still being asked if it is ok to be placed on hold.

I had one Rep who refused to place me on hold, until I told her it was alright for her to do so. Are these people on auto-pilot or something. Can't they think for themselves. I told this person 'no don't place me on hold. Just sit there and listen to me breath.' she finally placed me on hold. But a few minutes later she asked me the same question. And I responded the same way I did before.

I realize Tracfone employees work for a company and have to maintain a certain way to handle calls but gee wiz. It gets tired after 5 hours of trying to get something done and the person on the other end is really not doing anything.

This last experience with Tracfone has really bothered me. I really believe the next time I am in the market for a cell phone I will go with another company.

• Pu
    pul42 Apr 08, 2011

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. The customer representatives don't know what they are talking about and are very poorly trained. I regret the day I purchased a Tracfone and if I didn't have over 500 minutes I would burn the phone because it is a total waste to own.
    I have waited nearly two weeks to have my phone activated and have been on the phone with their representatives for over three hours and they still couldn't help me! I have replaced the SIM card, entered innumerable new codes and the blasted phone still doesn't work.
    They need to get their act together or dissolve the company. I can't wait until I don't have to do business with them. I hate them!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices