Toyota Motor Corporationengine oil consumption inspection

S Jul 10, 2019

We have been long time owners of Toyotas, and have our vehicles serviced at Toyota stations. Much to our dismay we were informed at our last service (2019) that our 2007 Camry was experiencing engine oil consumption . What flustered us was that there has been a recall on our vehicle for this very issue since 2015. All the servicing for 4 years prior we have NEVER been informed of this issue/recall, or had this taken care of by your very own Toyota service centers. We recently changed service centers to one located closer to us and that is when we were informed of this recall. We have no doubt been very LOYAL customers for 25+ years and this has shaken our faith in your company. I am hoping that you will rectify this situation so that we can remain customers who will continue to purchase your brand. Honestly, this is going to be a huge decision in our next vehicle purchase which is coming up soon.

• Updated by Susan Harold · Jul 16, 2019

I was informed from Toyota that this issue was not a recall but was issued as an add-on warranty repair procedure (the latest being 10 years or 150, 000 miles), well being 2019 and 164, 000 miles you know where that puts me and my vehicle...rock/hard place. I then called the Toyota service center to see what the repair cost would amount to and they informed me (no joke) ... "the cost would amount to the same and we recommend an engine replacement for approximately $5, 400!!!" On a 2007 vehicle??? Wow, just wow...