Tours4funavoid tours4fun!

Tours4Fun
www.tours4fun.com

After booking a bus tour with TOURS4FUN well in advance, my wife and I flew to Salt Lake City and registered at the motel designated by Seagull/C&J Express - the tour provider. When we boarded the bus the next morning imagine our surprise to learn that we were given the last two seats on a Chinese group tour for our four-day Yellowstone, Grand Teton Tour Package The tour consisted of a Chinese tour guide, a Chinese driver and a large ethnic group that spoke only in Chinese. Throughout the trip the guide regaled the group with stories (apparently funny) and landmark highlights for literally hours on end over the PA system. Occasionally , between stories, a few words would be spoken in English but the guide's heavy accent made it difficult to understand what he was imparting to us. Most of the time, well over 95%, we sat there completely perplexed. The rapport with fellow travelers that usually develops on such a trip was impossible, due to the inability to communicate. The stares of some of the group suggested that they were questioning, as were we, why we were even on the bus.

In response to our complaint, TOURS4FUN stated that the Customer Agreement that we acquiesced to states that their tours are escorted by professional English or bi- or multi-lingual tour guides or drivers, and they have received some complimentary letters from many English-speaking customers. This response was totally inadequate. Agreeing to the possibility of a bi-lingual tour guide had nothing to do with the fact that we were unknowingly booked on an exclusive Chinese tour (even the bus windshield card designated the trip in Chinese), that was unprepared to offer any semblance of accommodation to English-speaking passengers. The experience was unpleasant and the vacation we looked forward to ruined. There are many well qualified tour providers our there and we recommend that TOURS4FUN be avoided.

• Na
    Navneet Govindam Jun 18, 2019

The most cheating online tour website. I booked for a tour for adelaide sightseeing but no one turns up to picke me and my family at hotel. When i try to contact Tour4fun they simply regret and says to refund the amount and the amount is also not full. it is around 60%. Never trust these site.

• Gl
    Gladys H Cortes Mar 01, 2019

I booked a tour for a group on Tours4fun and had the same negative experience I have been reading about. Why hasn't this company taken issue with these complaints and done something about providing better service and more knowledgeable employees? Selling a product is not just providing a reasonable price it is also about customer satisfaction.

• Di
    Dishonorable Jul 09, 2018

Tours4fun takes advantage of tourists that do not speak or read English. It is a shame because these tourists trust these "tour guides" that speak "their" language. They blatantly rip them off of their hard eared money and take advantage the trust that they have for them. They should all hang their heads in shame, especially the tour guides. They are knowingly robbing and taking advantage of hard working people who bestow all of their trust in them. I don't know how they sleep at night. I wonder if their parents would be proud of them.

• Ga
    Gail Graves May 04, 2018

Worst company ever. Would not recommend. Tried to change reservation and or cancel & they gave me the runaround until it was past the date of cancellation and now no refune available. Completely unorganized & no customer service! DO NOT USE!

• Cr
    Craig Bowen Sep 27, 2017

Two couples booked the Tours4Fun 7-Day Canadian Rocky & Victoria Summer Tour Package. Never again will we use Tours4Fun. Unknown to us, the tour was out-sourced to a Chinese tour company. The tour guide was Chinese. The tour narration was in Mandarin and very very broken English (we could understand very little). The tour was advertised as bilingual...it was not. All meal stops were at Chinese restaurants with very limited or no dining options available. The Vancouver area hotels were actually in Richmond, BC (little China). At our last hotel, there was no place to have dinner, except at a Chinese grocery store. The hi-light of our 4th day in the Rockies was a stop at a ginseng factory. The tour bus was old with rattling windows. The tour guide would not let us use the restroom in the bus...rest stops were about 2 hours apart. The mini-tour of Vancouver was a joke...consisted of a drive through Stanley Park with a 15 min. stop at the totem poles. The tour guides over-charged on gratuities (not optional).
    Tours4Fun's failure to fully disclose all aspects of the tour on their website constitutes 'false advertising'. Do not use them; you will not know what you are buying. Very bad experience.

marciae May 29, 2017

AGREE WITH ALL ABOVE NEGATIVE COMMENTS, PARTICULARLY THE OUTRIGHT LIE THAT IT IS BI-LINGUAL. GUIDE WAS UNINTELLIGABLE, ORGANISATION CHAOTIC. THANKFULLY THEY COULD NOT RUIN THE BEAUTY OF YELLOWSTONE WILD LIFE AND SCENERY JUST PRESENT THE COMPANY AS PURELY CHINESE AND STOP RUINING OUR HOLIDAYS, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT USING THEM..

• Ri
    Ricky09 Oct 11, 2016

Be careful with Tours4fun company! They never care about the customer and carefully read their policy before you book or you will lose your money.(see their policy below). Since you've booked, that's it. There're tons and tons of tour companies out there, don't ever book Tours4Fun.
    http://www.tours4fun.com/cance llation-and-refund-policy.html

Cancellation Made Within Refund Policy
    7 Days Prior to Departure Date Non-refundable
    8-14 Days Prior to Departure Date 50% of payment is refunded
    15-29 Days Prior to Departure Date 75% of payment is refunded
    30 or More Days Prior to Departure Date 90% of payment is refunded

Michael Bradescu Aug 22, 2016

Never use them again, They are misleading the customers, they do not refund money, their mistakes are thrown upon the customers.
    It is totally unacceptable to click yourself, then asked about a GUEST and finally children number. In fact, the person making the reservation is a GUEST( Can you believe this?!?), And children are treated as adults.

Minister Dixon Jul 02, 2016

Using Tours4Fun was the worst experience I've ever had and I will never use them again. I'm African American and there were only 4 of us on the tour. Four were Hispanic and the rest all Chinese. When I complained, the company had the nerve to say I probably booked the Chinese tour by mistake. HECK NO I DIDN'T! The company threw me and my fiance on this tour to probably save money on getting out another bus. We were in the back of the bus surrounded by Mandarin speaking Chinese people who mostly had colds and sneezed and coughed the entire trip. The woman in back of me never covered her mouth when she coughed and I kept turning around staring at her hoping she got the message, but she never did. The coughing continued the entire tour. I asked the tour guide "Dragon" (who smoked like a chimney) at a rest stop if he could politely to tell her to cover her mouth and he replied that, "I'm not a baby sitter!" I knew this but I didn't hear this woman speak any English so I couldn't communicate with her.

Most of the places we stopped for lunch for Asian-themed. The first hotel had an old tub that looked like it has seen its last days. I called the front desk and they said it was clean it's just "old." Bomber! The second hotel was pretty nice but the bathroom could have been more updated. The furniture was old and outdated, but clean. The mandatory $8 dollars a day for the guide was total crap. What? Don't these guys get paid by the company? Can you imagine how much these guides made in mandatory tips per bus? Do the math. For a three day tour 24 x 8 = 192 mandatory tip. Some of the sites weren't worth the money we paid. My first and LAST tour with these guys!

• Bo
    Borislav Kalasic Jun 20, 2016

7-Day New York City, Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls & Boston In-Depth Tour (NOT RECOMMENDED)
    To whom it may concern,
    My wife and I went on the ‘7-Day New York City, Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls & Boston In-Depth Tour’, as we had previous good experience with the agency. However, this tour was a disaster.
    First of all, when we arrived at the airport, we had to wait for four and a half hours before we were transported to our hotel, where we arrived at 7:30 PM, as we got stuck in the rush hour. Due to this, we missed the exclusive New York Night Tour, which we were looking forward to see.
    The bus which we travelled with in the next several days, was very old, uncomfortable and the roof was leaking when it rained – a complete ruin if you ask me. On our Philadelphia visit, we spent too much time in a little Amish village and had no chance to see the city properly. Also, the Amish tour reminded me of a safari hunt, as our guide was laughing and pointing fingers at the people there. It was extremely rude and unpleasant. The same goes for our Boston tour, which was only by bus, not much different than seeing the city in a picture.
    We also had a very bad experience with the driver (I think his name was Chang or Chan), who slammed the door in front of us when it started pouring down with rain (he did this to another family from India), so we got completely wet. The other driver that took over the bus on our way back left us far from our bus station, making us carry our heavy suitcases (and we’re both over 50).
    Our guide Cindy was quite unhelpful and impolite as well. When we asked for instructions, or advice, she wouldn’t give any and she changed the program to what suited her the best. For instance, there was a lobster dinner in Boston planned, but she switched that to a lunch the day after, which turned out to be more of a breakfast (11 AM). When we complained about the timing, she told us that maybe in our country lunch is later, but in the US it was early, which is a complete lie (i.e. they serve the breakfast menu at the US McDonalds until 11 AM). Once, she also left us waiting at the meeting point even though we arrived three minutes before the agreed time, so we had to phone her (expensive roaming), so she’d return to collect us.
    Finally, the tip was obligatory, which I found absurd. In every normal country, the tip is optional if one is satisfied by the service provided. There were 51 passengers, for 7 days and with $8 per day per passenger, which equaled to $2856 in total. As this is all paid in cash and no receipt is provided, I think this raises a question for the US authorities and tax collectors, which I also might refer to.
    All in all, I would NOT recommend this tour to anybody. If I had to rate this tour, my mark would be 0 (zero), because of everything I mentioned above. There are a lot of additional remarks I didn’t mention here, but the list could just go on. I will probably not use the services of this agency anymore.
    Unsatisfied customer

• Pa
    paulandre Jun 05, 2016

never shown up

I booked the tour to Niagara falls, Toronto and Ontario from New York,
    and the bus had never shown up at the white castle location in Journal Square at 8:00 in May 26Th, 2016. My reservation # S-38443.
    Very suspicious with that cheap price, lesson learned.

They refunded the money, though.

• Es
    esmina Oct 28, 2015

This is the worst tour I have ever seen. I feel like I am was at China not at USA. Guide guy talks mostly Chinesee and you have to give 7 $ per day per person to this guy even you dont get him. Yes it looks cheap but it does not include anything just hotel and transportation.

• Sp
    Speechie Oct 09, 2015

I wish I could leave zero stars. We had the tour guide from Hell named Marco. Although we had our print out of the trip contract with us, Marco demanded that the three of us each give him in cash an extra $8. That added up to $24. When asked for what he said said it was in the contract in the fine print and we had to pay it. He held an open business sized envelope literally under our noses until finally our guest, who was visiting and has cancer, put her own U.S. money in the envelope because she was becoming upset. We didn't find this $8 in the contract and still don't. We asked Marco if was a tip or gratuity. He denied it was and, when I wouldn't quit pestering him, he finally said it was a "service fee." We asked if it was for him. He said "no." We asked what the difference was between a tip and a service fee but he ignored us. Later, on the ferry, he showed me on his cell phone where it supposedly said this. Much to his surprise I took his phone, enlarged his screen, and it did not say this at all! He had some page up that wasn't available to us when we agreed to the tour that "suggested" a tip of $8 each for him. It only said "suggested" and why hadn't we seen this before? I'll tell you why. After talking to about a half dozen people after this trip, we finally found out that you have to keep clicking on not obvious or marked spots on their website to get to this hidden part about a suggested tip. Believe me, we are computer savvy and this was purposely not exposed to us for a reason. We even called the company back and played liked new customers and asked what our complete and total costs of the exact trip would be. This $8 was not part of the fee and the fee was the exact amount shown on the website as we could see it. I finally talked to someone named Kendy who told us that we should not have had to pay it, that it was in fact a tip for Marco but that it was only a suggestion, and he apologized. He had no explanation as to why Marco demanded it from us and lied to us about what it was for but said he would conduct an investigation and get back to us. I told him that Marco should be fired. Two weeks later, after hearing nothing back from him, I called to see if I could find out what was going on. I got a hold of Kendy who claimed he tried to call us three times. This is a lie. Then Kendy put me through to someone who spelled his name Vincent but didn't pronounce it like that. This Vincent guy had to be told the whole story again but he finally did issue us a refund of $24. I had him do this while I stayed on the phone and he sent me an email confirming the refund of $24 Canadian dollars. I also told this Vincent person, just as I had told Kendy, that Marco called us "old people" and got very rude to several of the tour members, that he demanded this "service fee" before the trip was even close to over, and that the bus had broken down and we were almost stranded but he was going to get his tip regardless. Still they have not fired this creep who literally embezzled money from us. Well, we are done with them. Don't do business with them. You'll be sorry if you do.

• Je
    Jelly1234 Jul 26, 2015

PAY MORE FOR SERVICE ELSEWHERE
    $30 USD to change the pick up location to another hotel that was listed on the tour (minor update). Customer service was average as they could not justify this cost. I won't be booking or recommending them again. In cases like this I would rather pay more for service.

Also note that we have found hidden costs that won't be covered in the tour...i.e. they take you to all these places but you have to pay to get in.

I've never had any problems with other tour company's I have booked with.

• El
    Eli R Jul 23, 2015

We just got back from a 2day Niagra Falls trip. I don't have a problem with a Bi-lingual tour/guide, but certainly do with the fact that most of what was being said was in mandarin or whatever language that was. Guide did not keep passengers aware of detours and his decisions which caused a 2+ hour delay on the return trip...we got lost at one point. On the trip there, the bus had a flat tire which made the tour longer than expected only to rush through sites. Most time was spent waiting for people to get back on the bus on time...they don't seem to have a good concept of time. We ended up missing to see the illumination of the falls at night because of the delays and were adamant that if we went to see it and we were late, they would leave without us. We decided not to go, but ended up waiting almost 1/2 hour for someone else (yes, you got it, a Chinese passenger). No specifics are provided about approx. entrance fees or hotel accommodations. Reservation was made after a request to cancel it within minutes from booking it. We were told we needed to speak with a supervisor but one was never available by phone or email so we were forced to keep it, otherwise we would've been forced to pay 50% of the booking fee. When the request to cancel the trip was made, we had not even received an acknowledgement of the booking. They went ahead and booked everything and only then responded that we could not cancel it because it had already been confirmed. Terrible and uncaring customer service. The itinerary was good, but unfortunately we did not enjoy it as expected due to the delays. There was barely any info shared about the sites, at least not with the English speaking customers. 😡

• Me
    MelissaMe Jul 16, 2014

I feel as though Valerie may write bad reviews professionally, she has pages of complaints. My experience with Tours4Fun was great. I researched online for Disney and Universal Studios tickets and came across the Tours4fun site. I registered online and also called in and spoke to Teara in their Customer Service Department. Teara was very nice and helpful! I purchased the tickets which the Universal Studios tickets were emailed to me and the Disney tickets were mailed to my home for a small fee. I was very happy with the service and will take a tour in the near future.

• Ki
    Kim Never Again Oct 23, 2013

I will not ever book another tour with Tours4fun. About half way through the tour we found out that our tour had been sold to Paradise Tours.
    We had booked a 7-day tour of the Eastern US and Canada. The tour required us to have three different tour guides. The first two, Coco and Gary tried to include us in all of the details and we actually got used to them speaking in Chinese and then translating. However, the third tour guide...JUDE was horrible... he fought with the bus driver and tried to get him to go the wrong way down the street to find a parking place. then he got mad at the driver because he wouldn't go the back route to his attractions. It was horrible. The bus was a commuter bus and not a touring bus. The windows were tinted with advertising on the outside so you could not look out the window... I thought I was on a tour - not going to work!!! We got so sick of Chinese food! I was so happy to find anything but Chinese food. I took a trip to Washington D.C. and thought I had arrived in China. Absolutely ridiculous. The tour guide JUDE argued with a passenger that she had to eat wherever he said she had too and that was that... We finally started eating at the hotels when we got there. At least the hotels were clean and had food that we were used to eating. I asked Jude how long he had been doing tours and he said 20 years. Well, I really think he should buy an English Rosetta Stone program and learn to speak English. He was in America!!! His English was so bad that I started making up my own dialogue so I could try to enjoy the rest of the tour. He would go on and on about an attraction and then sort of say "here Empire State Building ok. Be back 3 15. Some of the passengers didn't understand him and they thought he said 3 50 so they were late to the bus. Jude ranted and raved in Chinese and made fun of them when they finally got to the bus. All the Chinese laughed, but none of the English speaking people knew what he said. I spent a lot of money to be totally disappointed with the whole experience.

• Le
    leanne mulligan Jun 20, 2013

I like other people have been jupped by TOURS4FUN !!! It was NOT FUN !!! I had booked this tour thinking i would meet all sorts of Nationalities but INSTEAD it was a bus full of Asian people, the tour guide Phillip spoke some ruff english. I was so cranky ... First we had to meet at a office in NYC Chinatown ( waited nearly Two Hours to be picked up by a coach, of course not being asian no one spoke to me including asian operators. Then we boarded the bus and headed out of town to the hotel, during the whole tour the hotels were miles out of town so i wasted money that i had paid for tours in advance to sightsee. when it come to dinner the tour stopped at discussing cheap Buffets. I was so upset after the FIRST DAY !!! I rang my children in AUSTRALIA and told them i was coming home because it was so UNCOMFORTABLE ... I contacted TOURS4FUN to cancel but OF COURSE NO REFUNDS WOULD BE GIVEN so i just hung in there. Why should i have wasted anymore of my MONEY. Its a Joke they should just advertise to the Asian Population. NEVER AGAIN !!!

• Op
    Opal725 Apr 04, 2013

Although I have not booked a tour with this company, after reading the reviews.. I definitely will not!!!

I am going to check the Better Business Bureau as well...something should be done with this tour company... I was skeptical to book simply because I would be leaving from NYC.. and know it is basically run in Chinese...I do not want to hear the language all through the trip, for I would feel uncomfortable not knowing what was being said...and to be up frot, a tour in English I would prefer, even though they tell you, you can request English.. most of the riders are Chinese...with that said.. so glad I read the reviews... I've saved myself $ & aggravation.

• Ar
    Arki Dec 16, 2012

I and my husband along with 9 more folks booked tours4fun tour package for disneyland, Las vegas and Grand canyon. We have just returned and shock still stays of this HORRIBLE TRIP. Our trip started from LA, we were made to stay in a filthy hotel room(room 253) in Howard jhonson, fullerton. Absolutely crapy hotel. We later changed the room which was just abt okay or u can say more of compromise made by us. Our first impression was so DISAPPOINTING. A complete day was wasted in fullerton doing nothing.Next day trip to disneyland started early in the morning and tourguide had a very heavy chineese accent. It was an effort to understand what he is saying at all. Disneyland was awesome as the place is totally fun and enjoyable, if i exclude tour guide, tour bus, tour fellows all of same ethnic group, disney was fun .
    Next day our voyage to LAs vegas started at 7 in the morning, saying that our journey would only last 3 hours which was a lie. First 3 hours were wasted picking people from couple of more stops around fullerton. So even after 3 hrs of bus drive we were practically still at the starting point, some miles here and there. Absolute NONSENSE. They dont value time at all. IF you want to waste most of the day sitting in a very average bus, then SEAGULL/C&G/TOURS4FUN is for you. I would prefer be at destination as soon as i can and enjoy my rest of day. So a total day of a 6 days trip was wasted travelling from LA to LV. What a shame!!! By the time we reached we were so tired after a ten hour bus drive that we hardly had any energy to go clubbing in LV. We booked LV night tour with same tour guy which was about okay.Atleast we saw some of vegas ;).After a ten hour bus ride when u finally made to VEGAS you are asked to wake up by 5 in the morning to go to Grand Canyon(hereafter called GC).Sucks Man, most of the time i was naggin why i hell did i book this trip.Another hidden story about GC is that tour guide would allure u on ur journey to chose WEST RIM of GC which is closer from LV than SOuth Rim( A better part of GC ). Now the catch is west rim costs you about $70 p/p(If u wanna see sky walk $ 30 p/p) where as south rim part is part of the booked tour. So he actually was successful of cashing some $300 more for 2 of us apart from our paid trip. So GC was FREE as per tour however this tour guide made us to pay $300 for what could have been free. No you gonna say why couldnt we go to south part of GC which is better anyday and booked as part of trip. Reason behind change of mind is that tourguide told us journey to south rim is about 5 hrs and 30 mins (one way) and he will only stop for abt 45 mins at south rim since its far away. So what the heck, who would want to sit in "little better than filthy" bus for 11 hours and see GC only for 45 mins. My ADVISE IS TO CHECK WITH TOURS4FUN ABOUT THIS BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TRIP. THIS MATTERS AS YOU GONNA PAY EXTRA FOR A FREE THING, FORGET THAT YOU GO TO GC AND NOT SEE SOUTH RIM MEANS YOU HAVENT SEEN BEST OF GC YET.THINK ABT THAT.
    So we come back from GC trip so deadly tired. Dint do much at LV on this day too. So LV TRIP WAS SO WASTED. Time and money wasted. Next day on our return to LA for last day "universal studios" trip, he took us to see a crapy cactus garden and choclate factory. What the heck, we were all adults and why would we want to see a cactus garden on ur holiday.Tour guy left us there for 1hr and 30 mins. What a waste of tim in LV. I was totally disgusted by then.Later he tells us abt this awesome buffet (LEE BUFFET)where we get all kinds of food for $11. Another lie. This place sucked as food looked okay but we dint know what meat we are eating. It was a chineese place and served chineese only.Most of my frns were vegans who had nothing to eat besides paying for it. I and my husband being meat eaters could not even eat that food as it was so oily, meat was raw. Who on the earth can eat all that on a full day bus journey. Poor decision made by us again or do i say tour guide's amazing money minting technique. We were almost hungry and dint eat anything on that day as well. I can write here about so many other experiences on this trip which were disappointing.
    So my advise is AVOID TOUR4FUN for any of their "seems so attractive" travel packages because its totally WASTE OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND HOLIDAY YOU ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO.SO 2 OF US SPENT ABOUT $3000 for this trip(including air tickets) and dint enjoy a thing provided by this package. So a group of 11 of us spent about $18000 including food and dint enjoy a thing.
    Las vegas, GC, disneyland, universal studios, are these places are so much fun and enjoyable only if you spend some quality time there. So plan your trip on your own rather than going for TOURS4FUN/SEAGULL HOLIDAYS.Am sure you would have best of holidays ever.

• Sh
    ShankarG Nov 29, 2012

For a start, I was not aware that the tour partner was a Chinese travel agency, which specialises in Chinese tourists. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with Chinese tourists, but when the tour is predominantly conducted in Chinese, I certainly don't think I am getting value for my money.

My wife and I joined the tour on 6th November at Gaithersburg and we were given our seat numbers when the tour guide (Richard) arrived at 7am. We were directed to our bus (No. 1201) and to my horror, the bus was nothing like what we had expected - it was not luxurious by any means and the bus was freezing cold - we were in seat numbers 40/41. Initially I thought once the bus gets going, the heating will get turned on, but after an hour, there was no sign of heating, so I asked Richard if he could turn it on - but nothing was done. Despite repeated requests, nothing was done about the heating. I finally asked the driver to turn up the heating and he didn't seem to understand a word of English (how can someone working in the US not understand English). The driver then had the audacity to make fun of me and my wife that despite being wrapped up in fleece jackets, we were still feeling cold!

Richard as a guide was totally useless to say the least. Most of his explanations were in Chinese and he was regularly switching between English and Chinese - he would start the sentence in English and suddenly switch to Chinese and at the very end come back to English again - his english was very poor too!

Despite repeated requests, the bus was not kept clean by our fellow travelers and each day, I would pick up left over tissues or empty chocolate wrappers, drink bottles and throw them in the bin without complaining. Our seats were changed daily, so whoever sat at the seat previously didn't bother cleaning up. Imagine our horror when Richard comes to me on my last day and tells me to keep my seat area clean! I took a picture of a dirty seat right across mine and showed it to him and said - what are you doing about this - Richard just walked away!

The only saving grace about this tour was our last couple of days - when we had a change of bus, driver and tour guide - and what a transformation it is too. The bus was clean, comfortable, heating was working properly, bus driver was very polite and helpful, the tour guide (Charlene) was fantastic! She genuinely cared for her passengers and always referred to all of us as the "Charlene Family", which was appreciated by everybody. She took the time to explain each and every place in detail and also explained what aspects interested her - both in English and Chinese. She was equally firm when she needed to be and that was also appreciated by all of us.

The bus driver was equally polite and well dressed, he also helped everyone with their luggage every day, which cannot be said for the driver of Bus 1201.

Had it not been for Charlene and the Gamnam Style bus driver, our tour would have been a total misery!

I will score Charlene and her team as EXCELLENT in all aspects.

Richard and his team are a BIG ZERO!

Please note that Tours 4 Fun are just another agent and they use a local travel agency who operates this tour. If you are not comfortable with a group, which is almost 95% Chinese, then this is not for you.

Our second group was more mixed (70% Chinese and 30% other nationalities) and it was a lot better.

• Di
    disgusted from Nova Scotia Oct 22, 2012

My son and daughter in law were victims of this terrible company. They booked a tour and were the only couple on the bus that were not
    chinese. The tour was a chinese tour. The tour guide spoke very little english and what he did speak was very poor. That is not what they signed up for. The guide even went as far as to say they could learn chinese, what an idiot. He then said they were being racist, My son is canadian my daughter in law is korean. They live in South Korea, how sad that when they come visit Canada they get treated so poorly. They left the tour immediately and called the company that refuse to reimburse them any of their money. So anyone
    thinking of booking a tour. I would not use this company, They will take your money and your vacation will be ruined. Shame on this company, Disgusting.

• Gl
    Gloria Hufana Oct 18, 2012

My group took the 7day trip to Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, Utah, Las Vegas, LA from 9/28/12 to 10/05/12.
    I have nothing but admiration for our tour director, Zachary. He knew his "stuff". I learned so much about all the states, attractions, significant names. He provided us with dates, historical significance of the places and people that we visited. He was like a walking computer. The driver Henry was equally pleasant to all of us, always smiling and very accommodating to a wheelchair bound tourist.
    We were not happy with one of the accommodations in Gillette, Wyoming. We were assigned to a smoky room at the end of the hall almost triggering my sister-in-law's asthma. The desk said hotel was fully booked therefore can't transfer. The joy of the tour was lessened by the ongoing rudeness of some of the tourists. They are Chinese nationals, I believe. They were non English speaking so we could not communicate with them. They won't fall in line going out the bus. Some would even push without apologizing. This could be avoided if the person or agent arranging these tours for them would spend time to explain the expectations required of them. They have to wait for their turn. Otherwise it was a fun filled trip.

• Vc
    vclare Oct 08, 2012

Sounds exactly like the tour my sister took this summer, faced it with humor, however when she asked to stop for an emergency restroom stop (the bus head was broken the whole trip) she was not accommodated, either it was lack of communication with the Asian barely English speaking tour leader or the time to stop it was very embarrassing. Fortunately through sign and antics it did not happen again and the 3 English speaking tourists were able to get him to respond in the future. She took in all in humor now that it was past, knowing there was no way she was going to see 97% of the other people ever again. Ya get what you pay for!

• He
    Henry Yap Oct 07, 2012

i jsut got back from the 8 day Yellowstone, Mout Rushmore & Grand Canyon Tour. The experience was sickening to say the least. The bus driver was a PRC personnel who didn't speak a single word of English. He was rude, uncouth, spat in the bus during the tour, didn't help anyone with the loading and discharge of luggage from the bus and shouted at the passengers when they didn't follow the tour guide's advice. The tour guide was a previous PRC citizen, couldn't string a single sentence of simple English and his attitude sucks!! Don't ever book with Tours 4 Fun. I felt I was like in China on a tour where the basic standards of professionalism and decency are totally absent. Don't they realise that this is a tour of the USA where some basic standards of courtesy should be practiced by the tour staff.

• Lu
    lucia green Dec 21, 2011

I booked a tour from this company. Ended up in a bus full of CHINESE, with a CHINESE tour guide who couldn't speak ENGLISH! It was the worst trip in my life!

• Go
    Good Value for Money Oct 13, 2011

Tours4Fun is not a 5-star premium tour company and as such your expectations should be tempered accordingly. You are getting what you paid for. The Tours4Fun tours are operated by different agents, some good and some not so good. The tour experience also depend who you have in the tour group. Because these tours are affordable (much cheaper than others), you don't have the same consistent quality. It came down to which tour guide/driver you have on the day.
    Our guide for the Canadian Rockys (provided by Super Vacation) were very good and spoke in Chinese and English. The driver knew his way very well and is very helpful with the luggage. Our tour group comes from SEA Asia, China, Hong Kong, Australia and UK. The US East Coast tour (provided by Paradise vacation) experience wasn't as good because there were 4 Paradise vacation other buses on the same tour. So the tour schedule gets a bit tight and it was more crowded on the tour. Also the bulk of the tour group were from China and so it was culturally challenging! The tour guide spoke in Chinese and English and was trying his best to control the group with regards to punctuality. All tours hotels were excellent.
    If you want a affordable tour and can compromise on 5-star treatment, comfort, and class, then I would recommend tours4fun because you can't match their price! Hopefully you get a good tour group and you will certainly enjoy your tour!

• Ha
    Harley Foster Jul 13, 2011

We took the rushmore tour for 7 days from Las Vegas, we saw everything they said we would, but we were the only non asian people on the tour, the hotels were very nice, the meal package was only asian food, we oppted out of the meal package, the places they took us for our meals were out of the way of anyother kind of food, so had to take taxis to get something to eat. breakfast, lunch and dinner if you got breakfast, we spent very little time in the attraction and was rushed to get back to the bus, in Golden Colorado they refused to serve us at the asian resturant because we were white, they said we could eat out side if we wanted to, we refused so me, my wife and 2 80 year old ladies walked 1/4 of a mile to safeway for our meal, the worst experience we have ever had, if you are not asian do not take this tour you will be sorry.

• Mo
    monzi il-maltija Jun 25, 2011

And...by the way...I DID try to put my complaint on Tours4Fun website but...surprise, surprise...they NEVER POSTED IT!

• Mo
    monzi il-maltija Jun 25, 2011

I did the 2-Day Niagara Falls and Thousand Bus Tour from New York City with Tours4Fun - it wasn't good! We had wet seats and the bus was leaking water to the extent that I had to put on my waterproof poncho! The tour guide was barely understandable as she spoke with a heavily chinese accent. This would have been acceptable if I were on a tour in China but not acceptable in a leading country and city! Then to my surprise, the tour guide EXPECTED $6 per person per day as a tip! What a cheek! I would NOT recommend this company! They are AWFUL and the SERVICE IS LOUSY!! NEVER AGAIN!

mararie Jun 20, 2011

I totally agree with this.

I went on the 5-day Canada east coast tour. Being not a native speaker myself, it was quite difficult to understand the tour guide, a Chinese guy who named himself Eddy. In addition, Eddy didn't know much about the places where we were going. As an example, when we went to the city of Quebec, he repeated a couple of times "Everybodies, listen. Quebec cities is the capitals of Quebec provinces" (somehow he converted every word to plural), "In winter times there is a lot of snow." This is not why I join a guided tour! The maximum time for an attraction was 60 minutes, but more often it was 15minutes. I don't consider taking a picture of the Canadian parliament as having visited the parliament! The attractions were mostly boat trips (3 times), views from high towers (4 times) or having dinner in Chinatown (3 times). I knew this when I inscribed for the tour, but I hoped that there was some time for 'intellectual sightseeing' as well. Except for the Corning glass museum (which was not just pretty, but actually also quite interesting), we did not visit any museum. We just visited one church. We did not visit the Boston Trinity church, as was stated in the program, and the missing attraction was not replaced by something else.

We had to wake up very early everyday, which is not a big deal, but is heavy if you're dropped at the hotel at about 9pm. Wake-up calls were as follows: 6am, 4.30am, 5am, and 5am. The strange this was that we usually had to drive a couple of hrs after departure in the morning, so why not select a hotel near the attraction, so that we could wake up a bit earlier? I cannot imagine how this would have been for children or older people, because they need their sleep. In the bus it was difficult to get some sleep, because they played movies with the sound on.

The most annoying thing that it was almost impossible to get food. I am a vegetarian, and the only options for the organised dinner were chicken, beef, or fish. They should include a vegetarian option. When I had dinner by myself with a group of Indians in the same restaurant, we could get vegetarian stuff quite easily. The tour guide said I could not join any of the breakfasts/dinners, because I am vegetarian. But when I saw the breakfast on the 1000 islands tour there was a lot of vegetarian stuff, so why then did he say I could not have any? For dinner, we only had 1 our and 10 minutes every day to arrange for our own food, and this was very hasty, because we always had to eat in a restaurant, and it takes time to find one and then order things. Lunch was even worse, because we had to buy this on highway shops, where they only had muffins/chips/etc.

It's funny that I cannot find how to post a review on the tours4fun website itself. I think all the reviews poster there are fake, because they all rate things 'excellent'...

• So
    Sobeenurse Jun 18, 2011

My family just came back from the Hawaii 7-day island tour. We were very disappointed with our experience with this company and will not be using them again. When we arrived in Honolulu we discovered our tour company was actually "China Travel Service, Inc." not Tours4fun. The itinerary we were given when we arrived was mainly written in Chinese. We had to wait for another arriving flight before we could be taken to our hotel. This is not what we wanted to hear after our 8+ hours of travel time.
    Our average daily tour was with non-English speaking tourists. When we were leaving our tour of Pearl Harbor we were told to hurry up and get on the bus because the inspectors were there that inspected the tour buses and the guide did not want our bus to be inspected. We wondered why this was a problem. Our itinerary was also changed without any notification to us. We were suppose to spend the night in Maui and spend the next day on the Big Island. However, we went to the Big Island first spent the night and then only spent the day on Maui. No one communicated this change to us. Our itinerary even had flight numbers for the flights we were suppose to take. Once we were at The Big Island our tour guide informed us she would do her best to translate her tour to English but she would be speaking in Chinese. While on the bus traveling we felt like we were missing many sites because nothing was communicated to us or we were told about a site after we had already passed it. She also indicated that our next day in Maui would be difficult because the person there did not speak much English and we should try to find a Chinese person in our group to help translate. (at this point in the tour we were the only English speaking people in our group) When we arrived at Maui the first thing the guide said to us was "you speak english?" we said yes and he said "You know this is a Chinese tour?" He informed us he would speak only in Chinese while on the bus and would try to translate some things once we reached our destination. At this point we were furious and contacted the customer service department at Tour4fun. We were told all they could do is contact our guide and ask him to speak more English. We indicated this was not the tour we had paid for and all she could offer was they would try and contact the guide. We explained we had booked our tour through Tours4fun not "China Travel Service, Inc.". She would not address this. After the phone call, the guide ask us "Why did you even book this trip?" We told him we booked through Tours4fun not China Travel Service, Inc. He said "Oh, you booked through email." After this he did not speak English to us. He did accommodate us for lunch and dropped us off at a McDonald's when we told him we did not want to eat at a Chinese buffet again. The whole time we were at Maui we had no idea what was going on. The bus dropped us off at the beach and it was not until we were out and away from the bus that we realized we were at the beach! (there is a mall you have to walk through to reach the beach)
    While in Honolulu we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We were encouraged by our guide to split from our group since the center was in English and our group would be going with a translator.
    This tour is not designed to accommodate English speaking tourist even though it is advertised that they do. Do not book your trip through this company if you cannot speak Chinese. The guides were very aggressive at the end of the day making sure they received their tips. However, the tipping guidelines were printed in Chinese on our itinerary. We were told by them we were required to tip $2 per person for any travel to or from the airport and $5 per person for a daily tour. The $5 per person is an insult when no English is spoken!

nogoodtour May 11, 2011

hi
    I was on the $25 new york day tour from goto bus and I was literaly cursed by my family all along the tour. first they take you in a closed mini van across new york, then the tour guide is chinese, who doesnt know english, then they charge you extra for tour guide as well as the driver which is the same guy, then they charge you extra for the city attractions $75 for three things rockerfeller madam tussads and new york taxi. if you visit the gotobus site they would ask you not to buy the new york city pass which costs around $85, but when they charged $70 I was surprised. also you can take the new york pass atleast you can see other attractions when the 8 hr tour is over in about 5.5 hrs

• Ke
    kengulo Jan 23, 2011

They charge an extra $6 per day per person a fee for the driver and tour guide. Aren't they paid by the company already? That's an additional $36 added to the $230 price for 2 people.

They charge extra for the "City Tour" of SF that lasts for about 3.5 hours, which should be included. Pay or they drop you off in the middle of downtown to do what you want and pick you up later in the evening. So Golden Gate and Pier 39 only included in SF tour unless you pay for extra.

They take you to a couple of Chines Buffets, which up charge you since you "came of the bus". One place charged $11/person if you were one of the tourists but only $8 for locals as posted in their flyers. When I asked about it, they made up excuses for the additional charges. Hidden charges? Why need to mark how many tour bus people entered in a log book if the company doesn't get a cut of the up charge. Same thing for the hotel accommodations.

Stops at various places were short and hurried. Yosemite only stops included the Yosemite Lodge with 20 minute sight seeing of Yosemite Fallls. Second stop is the "Tunnel View" of Yosemite Valley. Scenic overlook of valley but that's it for another 20 minutes. After that you're on your way out of Yosemite for a long nauseating ride down the mountain to Fresno.

Overall OK if touching certain points of interests but a bit too hurried to enjoy sights completely and the extra charges are discouraging.

• Dg
    dgmate Nov 25, 2010

When I booked our 10-day (West Coast) tour from Tours4fun I was expecting to have a tour like the pictures shown in their website. It appears to be very colorful, cordial, warm and pleasant.
    Here are my observations. When we arrived in the airport we were picked up by an indifferent driver who just dumped our baggages and ourselves in a van and delivered us to the hotel. In the following 10 days we were picked up by indifferent and sometimes arrogant tour guides. Sometimes when we ask questions we were given wrong information. I do not expect this thing from a tour guide. One time I was asking some important informations, the tour guide turned his back from me before I finished asking. One guide speaks long litany of another language and short English translations. It is so frustrating. But 2 tour guides were nice, namely Roger and Michael.
    The group we were put in the tour is generally not pleasant as they do not speak English. Some are rude and abrasive. But some busmates are nice and polite. The bus scheduling is horrible. One time in Barstow, in the middle of the tour, we were instructed to transfer buses. So we had to unload our heavy baggages and load them in another bus. When we boarded the bus our family were seated separately at the back portion of the bus. One time we were supposed to leave from the hotel at 7am so we were already inside the bus waiting. I looked at my watch and found out it was already 8am still not moving so I went to the rest room to relieve myself due to the long wait and to get ready for the long ride. The tour guide uttered angry foreign words with grrrr sound.
    We were always in a hurry so we could not take good pictures. That is why I do not have pictures like those in their website. We always stop and eat in dirty Chinese buffet restaurants with dirty toilets.
    The hotels are good though.
    As a whole, I would not recommend this tour to my friends or they will curse me. Sorry Tours4fun, you delegated us to Sea Gull Holiday tour agent that is why. Maybe next time you should get a better partner. Or else you will not get repeat clients.

michi017 Aug 21, 2010

Last week we were part of the 4 days rocky mountain tour and we have to say we were pretty disappointed.
    Starting our trip was difficult. The tour guide forgot to pick us up. We waited at the pick-up address on our ticket but the tour bus did not come. We dialled the emergency number on the ticket and a man with a strong Chinese accent answered. His English was poor and he could not understand us. We were told that they weren’t even sure that a bus would come to get us. After waiting for 2.5 hours a woman picked us up to bring us to the bus. The bus had left without us and although our names were on their list, they had us at a different pick up point.
    After boarding the bus, we were asked “You speak Chinese?”. We soon realized that we had were now part of a Chinese tour. This is not what we booked. The only place on your website that it mentions the tour could be bilingual is in the Questions&Answers section. Our tour could not be considered bilingual. The tourguide spoke very little English and although he translated at times, it was often not understandable. Things were not explained properly and sometimes we did not know what happens next or when to be back on the bus.
    Even the other people on the bus were confused why two “white people” were on the bus. It was not a good feeling. The tour guide told us that if we were not on the bus he would not have to speak English. It was clear that we were viewed as outsiders and that made us feel badly.

How is it that we ended up on a Chinese tour with Grand Holiday when we booked a English tour with Tours4Fun? We would never have booked the tour had we known. Also many of our friends planned on going on a tour with you, but we are certainly not recommending to them. 2 other friends of ours who also did the tour 2 weeks before and had the same thing are going to write a complaint letter.

The tour also catered to the Chinese tourists. We stopped at Chinese restaurants at each lunch and dinner. Even for breakfast! If we wanted other food we needed to walk and find another option. There was often only 30 minutes to eat thus this was very difficult. It also took away from our sightseeing time. Everything catered to the Chinese guests. There was Chinese music on the bus. The final day of our tour we stopped at a Chinese factory which was not on our itinerary. Most of our sight-seeing stops were very short, but at the Chinese factory we stayed for over an hour. Others on the tour also complained that there was no enough time at the viewpoints. If you had to use the bathroom, there was not enough time to take pictures.
    It was just terrible.

Now the tour wouldnt reply on our complaint.

I just advice not to book with them, expensive with NO Quality at all!

• Un
    unhappycust2 Jul 11, 2010

TERRIBLE COMPANY! HIGHLY RECOMMEND NEVER USING TOURS4FUN, WE PLANNED A TRIP FOR OVER $1000 AND COME TIME FOR THE TRIP WE NEVER HAD IT BOOKED AND THEY NEVER REFUNDED OUR MONEY... HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRYING SOMEONE ELSE FOR THERE VACATIONS

• Su
    susan35 Jul 05, 2010

Just came back from a trip with this company. It was totally inadequate - I would not mind the bilingual approach but the content was so inadequate. The guide did not know very much and kept treating us like we were five years old. She is apparently new to the country and kept talking about the customs in the US. That would have been fine if we got something about the subject of our trip too. It was hard to develop a group spirit in this tour and I will definitely NOT be repeating this one !

• Gw
    Gwen Dvis Jun 30, 2010

An Australian I travelled with Tours4fun to Yellowstone in June 2010. I had read some negative travel blogs about this company and was having second thoughts. It was a great trip with good value. While half the passengers could speak very little English everyone mixed and the tour leader took lots of time to make sure we all knew each other. I found my travelling companions on the web site attached and thought it worked very well. Thanks Tours4fun, great memories. Gwen Davis (and no I am not involved in the company).

Jason from Shenghai Apr 29, 2010