Resolved TNTterrible service!

'TNT'You have been sent a link to view a [redacted] posted on TNT Shipping Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram, Mint Condition - $520 Wolverhampton.
Hello. I was stupid enough to fall for the same deal. Only it was a tv. A Panasonic 50' Plasma TV for $500... A woman by the name of Michelle Scott soft soaped me. But it at the same address and thr so called TNT agents name is Jonathan Williams. 214 Bowery St., Wolverhampton.S22 ITF ,UK. I am not in good health and I have to say this has really set me back. I have tried numerous times to contact TNT. to no avail. I did however send a certified check instead of Western Union the way they wanted, and I sent it registered mail. I hope that might be some help. The sad part is I felt it was wrong from the start. I hope someone can help us. I am on a VERY limited income. Thanks to anyone who reads this.

• Su
    Susan Eckelman Jan 27, 2008

I found a similar scam:

You emailed me about my iBook from craigslist. I've replied to your email but I don't know if you have received my email. My outlook express is acting crazy, I am so sorry about this. Anyway, here I go again. Below is the email I sent you. My email address is [email protected]

Hello

I still have the laptop. The laptop is a US model, and it comes with warranty.
    I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
    Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:

www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverhampton.depot/third_party_service.html

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (shipping is on me).

Jack Morton Jan 30, 2008

Thats unbelievable, I was looking for a laptop and found one on Craigslist (Houston) and its the SAME exact scam. I am playing them along right now seeing what information I can get on them.

I sure would like to put my hands on this scammer.....

• Iv
    Ivan Jimenez Feb 07, 2008

i have the exact same scammer to!!!! LOOK AT THIS!

You emailed me about my Philips Plasma TV from craigslist. I've replied to your email but I don't know if you have received my email. My outlook express is acting crazy, I am so sorry about this. Anyway, here I go again. Below is the email I sent you. My email address is [email protected]

Hello

I still have the TV. The TV was made to be used in USA and it comes with 18 months of warranty.
    I have attached some pics with the TV to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.

i cant believe i was going to fall for this

thank you so much for opening my eyes

Mike R Apr 03, 2008

Boy you guys almost got this word for word, I was not taken and thanks to your comments will not be. I just recieved this e-mail. Frankly he must have sent me the wrong site as I checked it out and it did handle shipping but not money. Can't say I would send money to anywhere first, I was taken in in 1999 for $500 by a scammer in nyc while I was deployed to the Persian Gulf. Now I can't trust the UK or NY city.

I still have the Apple iBook G4 1.42GHz and my last price is $370.
    My name is Bryan Starrett and from some reasons I'v had to move in London, United Kingdom with my job.
    At this new company where I work now they have gived me a new iBook and now I have to sell this one because I don't need it anymore
    All original accessories, software and manuals...nothing missing. Only 2 months .It really is in brand new condition. Not a mark on it.

We can close a deal asap.

Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
    I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the iBook in less than 2-3 days, if you move fast as
    well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the
    iBook .I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the iBook only after you will receive it and through this way you will see it and test it

Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can
    complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained:

Like I said, I will pay for a 2-3 days delivery so you will receive the iBook right away.

• J
    J. Apr 07, 2008

Mike R I received the exact email as you did. I was looking into buying an Apple iBook G4 on craigslist check link here:

and I got an email back the next day that said this:

Best regards

It's the exact same email you received. Possible buyers beware.

• Ca
    Cameron Cordova Apr 08, 2008

i'm right there with you all. i have been talking to this guy about this apple ibook. it all seemed good to me but too good to be true. apperently i was right. i have not gone through with this deal but after googling this "Bryan Starett" i found all this and realized it was a huge scam. i found the same deal on the colorado springs craig's list.

Best regards

EVERYONE LOOK OUT FOR ADS LIKE THIS!!!

Jason Apr 08, 2008

lol Funny thing is these guys use different names with different locations each month. I hope this becomes a federal case because this seem to be a on going thing for some time now. I've heard stories from different cases and wanted to find out what all the noise was about. So I went searching for this add and before you know it there it was in January, late Feb, and again in early April. Seems like these guys have come across plenty of money to be brave enough to continue this on. Over the weekend I got the same email talking about the same TNT service from a little college town in Wolverhampton, UK. The first sign people should observe that this is not real the whole idea of how TNT works is that the seller sends it to TNT then it is ship to the nearest TNT location that the buyer lives. You go in inspect and if all is good you pay the TNT rep just like you would in the UPS Store, they accept credit cards, debit, and checks with your ID. So sending a money order to the seller was a gift wrap present. The second mistake was the tracking number on TNT website they show an example of what the tracking number looks like and these guys numbers don't even come close. This is just some virgin hackers making a another weak website there playground. TNT needs to secure there site better and buyers need to do there research before any online purchase.

• To
    Tony Smith May 09, 2008

I came close to falling for this scam also. The details of my story are that the item was a Philips 42" plasma tv, complete with photos including one of the box showing the model and serial number, for $400. The "seller" was named Susan Blendell and the "TNT agent" was Matthew havens. Other than that, EVERYTHING about my case is virtually IDENTICAL to what others have said, including the wording of the emails. For example:

"I still have the TV. The TV was set up for the US and it comes with 18 months of warranty.

www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverhampton.depot/third_party_service.html

Let me know what you think."

Sound familiar? Even the address of where to send the money is identical (214 Bowery Street Wolverhampton S22 1TF United Kingdom). Fortunately, before sending any money, I found sites like this one confirming the scam I suspected. But, like many others, I visited the TNT website, and googled TNT and everything SEEMED legit. The clincher, pretty much, was when I got two emails just a couple of hours a part. The first was from "Susan" saying she had dropped the tv off at TNT and their technical department would inspect the item. This seemed suspicious. And this was just a couple of hours after we agreed to the terms. The second email was from TNT saying they had inspected the item and had found it to be in excellent condition (not even any cosmetic issues). That quick?? They received it and inspected it ALREADY??? Something is wrong here. That is when I went digging deeper.

Hopefully no one else falls for this scam as I nearly did.

• Ki
    Kim Estes May 22, 2008

Same thing just happened to me Brandon Toledo used TNT for $330 her name was Jenny and I thought I was buying a Playstation for my son's birthday and now I have no money for his gift!!

• Ro
    Ron Everdij Jun 08, 2008

Same scam here, camera offered on craigslist Miami. Smelled fishy from the beginning. Hope they catch the scammers

Hello
    I still have the camera.
    I have it for 3 weeks and still have 11 months of transferable warranty. In the box are all the papers and accesories that you need, Canon XL-2 with 20x Fluorite Lens, Canon 3x wide angle lens with lens cap and bag, Porta Brace Carrying Case, 3 batteries, 2 chargers with cigarette adaptor, Original manual, Canon Wireless controller, Porta brace white balance card.
    My name is Meg Logan and I am now in Swansea, United Kingdom.
    I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
    Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
    I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy.

The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in hadling the payment and delivery of the camera. With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the camera after you will receive it and see that it is just like I said it is.
    Like I said, I will pay for a 3 days delivery so you will receive the camera right away. Here is my telephone number: +44 0121 288 6497 ask for Meg.

John Doe Jun 12, 2008

### these people. they can suck my dick.. Kathy.. I Hope you ###ing catch something gross between your legs ###...

This is what i got...

I still have the iMac .
    > I bought the iMac 3 months ago and it still has 9 months of
    > transferable warranty remaining.
    > My name is Kathy Collins and I am now in London, United Kingdom.
    > I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right
    > away.
    > Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us
    > to make sure we receive what we are after.I have found a way for us to
    > complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy.
    > The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is
    > similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in
    > hadling the payment and delivery of the iMac .
    > With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the iMac
    > after you will receive it and see that it is just like I said it is.
    > Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the
    > iMac right away.
    > Let me know what you think.
    > Best Regards,
    > Kathy

Andrea Jun 15, 2008

I had the same experience so many others have described above... this was for an apartment in NYC though. if it weren't for me finding this site i would have been out $2000, so thanks a lot! yeah, these people suck and i'm just pissed i was so strung along for so long. i guess if a deal seems too good to be true it more than likely is... here is the orignal message...

Andrea,
    No problem... tomorrow morning i will send you the keys ...I will email you as soon as i get back home.. You will have to deposit to TNT Service the first month of rent(US $1, 850.00), so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract. I've already talked about what I need for to sign the contract and I have everything ready.
    Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain to you step by step how this will work.
    1 - I will go to the TNT Office here in the UK and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
    2- TNT will check the envelope to see if everything it's OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
    3 - TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they've checked it. TNT will give you further instructions about first month deposit!
    4 - After you receive the package, you will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not. If all is in order, you will instruct TNT to give me the money for the first month. Further rents will be sent directly to my bank account. If you don `t like the apt they will give you a full refund and you will give them back the keys and the contract.
    I will pay the TNT Service for the shipping.
    So... hope everything is clear .. :)
    Please get back to me soon
    Good luck,
    Angela :)

i hope this helps someone out there!

• He
    hello Jun 18, 2008

I fell in the same trap (Ibook 14"wth 1Gig Ram), now I am trying to catch them so if you could find there IP adresses and post them here (I already have several)

Thanks for oyur help.

Samuel Jun 18, 2008

I too got hit by them too:
    TNT

Description of goods: 1 x Apple iBook G4 Computer
    Sender of package ( Seller ): Susan Moller

Country: USA
    Premier packet
    Delivery Type: TNT Express 2nd Day Delivery - After the Payment is received and verified by TNT
    Amount to be paid by the Buyer: USD $300.00
    Payment Instructions - Receiver of the Payment - Ryan Clements

The payment must be made through Western Union Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is in charge with this transaction - Ryan Clements using the Money in Minutes Service from Western Union.

Important Note: The Payment must be made at one of Western Union's Agent Locations, in person by the Buyer. The payment must not be made using Western Union's Send Money Online Service due to the high Credit Card fraud risk. We will not confirm any payments made online.

You must go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is responsible with this transaction - Ryan Clements.

In order to complete the Money Transfer using the Money in Minutes Service you will need the Payment Details of our TNT Agent:

Please make your Money Transfer payable to:

First Name: Ryan
    Last Name: Clements
    Address: 214 Bowery Street
    City: Wolverhampton
    Zip(City Code): S22 1TF
    Country: United Kingdom
    In order to confirm your Payment we require a scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt. Please send us the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt at: TNT On-Line Payment Service Once we will receive the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt we must validate the Western Union Money Transfer and then collect it. This process may take up to 12 hours depending on the time we will receive the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt.

Important Note! Please read: we cannot collect the Western Union Money Transfer without a scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt. Please send us a scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt after you complete the Payment.
    Please read our TNT Payment Privacy Policy to learn our payment release and payment refund conditions.

1.The Payment will be sent to the Seller by TNT only after you receive the package, check the merchandise and if you are completely satisfied with it. Only then you will instruct us to release the Payment to the Seller.
    2.TNT acts as a third party holding at the same time the merchandise and the Payment.
    3. After the merchandise is received by the Buyer, the Buyer will have up to 21 days depending on the nature of the merchandise to review the merchandise.
    For transaction No. 920094832 the inspection time is 5 ( five ) business days.
    a) If the Buyer decides to keep the merchandise the Buyer will instruct TNT to release the funds to the Seller.
    b) If for any reason the Buyer does not want to keep the merchandise, the Buyer will ask TNT for a refund.
    The refund procedure is very simple, the Buyer will receive the money from TNT through Bank to Bank Wire Transfer, or by Check or by Western Union Money Transfer.
    The refund method is at the Buyer's choice.

TNT Logo

Nicole Card - TNT Customer Department

General Manager: Ryan Kay
    Email: TNT On-Line Customer Service

Intellectual and other property rights to the information contained in this site are held by TNT Holding B.V. with all rights reserved © 2008

• Le
    Leslie Jul 07, 2008

Same thing happened to me, and I'd been sketched out by it the whole time. I just kept thinking "I must be MISUNDERSTANDING him, because this doesn't make logical sense!" and finally I just googled the service and found this page! My incident was with a DC area apartment listing... I sent back an email saying that I knew it was a scam and email blocked him :)

notgonna getit Jul 09, 2008

This is the exact email I just got right now before I searched this "TNT delivery company" and found this site luckily. They're selling this computer for $500, I knew it was too good to be true:

Hello

I still have the computer.

Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 – A decent Board. SLI Capable. Overclock friendly. A good board for this rig. (Includes the SLI Bridge in case you want to go SLI in the future.)

Graphics Card
    NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB (Manufacturer: Leadtek) – One of the Best cards on the market right now! Any decent gamer would know enough about this card. I shouldn’t have to list the specs here.

Ram
    4x Samsung 1GB DDR2 800 PC2 6400 Dual Channel (Total 4GB)– It’s not the greatest type of RAM out there, but it’s more than sufficient.

Processor
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+ Black Edition (3.2Ghz) Dual Core

Hard Drives
    2x Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM (500GB Total) In RAID 0 Striped configuration. – For the uninitiated, it means that both hard drives act as one. This way, load times are theoretically cut in half.

Cooling System
    Swiftech Liquid Cooling System: Liquid Radiator with 1x 120mm fan and radbox, Plastic Tubing, 12v pump – I have it rigged to hook up to the processor only right now. More components can be added for DIMM, GPU, or Southbridge etc… NOTE – I will drain the liquid from this system before shipping. Though the rig can run regular distilled water alone, you will –definitely- need to purchase the antifungal / anticorrosive additive (couple of bucks) before using it regularly. I’d also recommend tightening the fittings – just for safety.

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium. x64 (Genuine Retail version – Clean Install) - I will include an install disk and the product key. NOTE – this is a 64 bit system. I will leave everything intact on the hard drive. You may reformat if you wish. The product key is good for a 64 bit edition only (Clean install).

Case
    Some cheap-### no-name case – It’s black, and everything fits, though it’s a bit snug. – I used to have an old HP computer that had some memory card readers and USB ports. I made it fit into this case’s expansion slot, so the plastic border piece for the component was sheared to fit.

Monitor #1
    HP Monitor – HP w2207 – Damn good monitor. 1680x1050 22” widescreen flat LCD; 1000:1 contrast ratio. A quick Google search will give more details, but the Monitor is very highly rated. NOTE – The monitor’s casing has a few small scratches on it, but the viewing portion is completely as-new.

Monitor #2
    Westinghouse – 1680x1050 22” Widescreen LCD; 700:1 Contrast ratio. I use this as my internet, media player, or add-on monitor. The picture quality is good, but sitting side-by-side with the HP monitor, difference is noticeable. It has a lower contrast ratio, so the colors aren’t as vibrant as the other monitor.

Keyboard & Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 (Bluetooth) – Google it. It’s an amazing keyboard with too many features to list here – but I do want to mention that it has a built-in mousepad in the corner! Only problem is, It doesn’t have a built-in numberpad. Comes with Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (& Charger) The screw that holds the keyboard’s battery cover on is messed up. Everything works 100%, and you can’t even tell unless you’re changing the batteries.

Sound System
    Logitech 5.1 X-540 – 70 Watts Surround sound system. – It’s a box of rocks that won’t blow a woman’s clothes off, but it’s enough to shake a small room. No docking ports for an iPod or anything, though.

External HDD
    300 GB 7200 RPM Samsung HDD in a BoomTech case. – It does the job
    My name is Sarah Barker and I am now in Manchester, United Kingdom.
    I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
    I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy.
    The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in hadling the payment and delivery of the computer.
    With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the computer after you will receive it and see that it is just like I said it is.

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the computer right away.

Best Regards,

• St
    Steve Stack Jul 09, 2008

I also saw listing on craigslist. iMac for $500 [email protected] was the email. I did not buy in but using as lesson for my daughter.

Moral of story "If it seems too good to be true, it most likelys is!"

Below copy of email... like everybody said...same wording.

Bellow are payment and delivery details:
    A. First you send me your shipping information ( name and address).
    1. After i receive the shipping info, i'll go to a TNT Location and leave the product into your name and with your address as the intended receiver.
    2. TNT will check the product, also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with it.
    B. You will receive a notification from TNT as a confirmation that the product is in their custody .
    1. After that, you will have to make a money transfer via Western Union on an TNT agent name and send the payment information to TNT.
    2. TNT will verify the Money Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the product to your door step.
    3. After you will receive the product and you will be completely satisfied
    with it, you will instruct TNT to release the payment to me, so i can collect the money.
    The shipping taxes are allready included in the prices, so u will have not to pay any extra charges!

• He
    hester reik Jul 25, 2008

I fell for it also. iBook G4 $300.00
    But 48 hours too late, I fear. Had to go to Western Union. What revolting people these are. Just be glad you aren't like them.

• Vr
    VR Jul 30, 2008

I got ripped off the same way. Here are some of the e-mails. Hope no one else gets taken.

Hello

I still have the laptop. The laptop was set up for the US.

Another in the series:

The listing is gone.
    I am selling this laptop:

1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 processor; 512K level 2 cache
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 with 32MB of video memory
    Built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet and
    56K modem
    Built-in Airport Extreme wireless networking (802.11g) and
    Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
    Firewire 400 port
    Two high speed USB 2.0 ports
    VGA video output; S-Video and composite video output
    Lithium-ion battery for up to 6 hours of running time
    iSight camera included
    comes with everything it came with it + iSight
    Bought new in April 2007

for $310.
    Did you read TNT's procedure on their website? It is explained there how their service works. Let me know after you read their procedure so I can be certain that we are on the same page:

After I was hooked:
    Hi

I went to TNT today. The guys from TNT told me that they will send the laptop to their technical department for inspection and then they will notify you. They will also notify you with the instructions you need to complete your end of the deal. Please complete your end as soon as you can and keep me posted.

Best

After I sent payment:
    TNT Customer Department
    to me

show details Jul 11

Please quote this Number
    if you have an enquiry.

Important TNT Payment Instructions/Shipment Details
    Please read the Instructions carefully.
    Click here to track your package: Tracking
    Dear TNT Customer,

We have your package in our custody.

Description of goods: 1 x Apple iBook G4 Computer
    Sender of package ( Seller ): Susan Wuliger

Premier packet
    Amount to be paid by the Buyer: USD $310.00
    Payment Instructions - Receiver of the Payment - Carol Rabson

The payment must be made through Western Union Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is in charge with this transaction - Carol Rabson using the Money in Minutes Service from Western Union.

You must go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is responsible with this transaction - Carol Rabson.

Please make your Money Transfer payable to:

First Name: Carol
    Last Name: Rabson
    Address: 214 Bowery Street
    City: Wolverhampton
    Zip(City Code): S22 1TF
    Country: United Kingdom
    In order to confirm your Payment we require a scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt. Please send us the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt at: email [email protected] Once we will receive the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt we must validate the Western Union Money Transfer and then collect it. This process may take up to 12 hours depending on the time we will receive the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt.

For transaction No. 957023975 the inspection time is 5 ( five ) business days.
    The refund method is at the Buyer's choice.

Nicole Card - TNT Customer Department

to me

show details Jul 11

Date Friday, July 11, 2008

TNT Express Package Confirmation and Payment Request Form

TNTTNT reduces risks associated with Internet transactions by acting as a licensed, trusted, neutral third party for online transactions. The Seller leaves the merchandise into TNT custody. The merchandise will remain in TNT custody until the Buyer provides the Payment Information to TNT. The Payment must be made through a Money Order Service. After the funds are received by TNT, the merchandise will be sent to the Buyer. Once the Buyer receives the merchandise, the Payment will be released to the Seller only if the Buyer is satisfied with the merchandise. If the Buyer will not be satisfied with the merchandise, TNT will send the merchandise back to the Seller and the Buyer will be refunded by TNT.

Sender of the Package

Zip(City Code)
    S31 3GT
    Country

United Kingdom

TNTThis package was processed on a TNT OnLine compatible shipping system. For TNT support please contact us:

email [email protected]

Description of goods

Quantity: 1

Apple iBook G4 Computer

Additional Details:

Specifications:

Processor and memory

1.42GHz PowerPC G4 processor with Velocity Engine and 512K on-chip level 2 cache
    133MHz or 142MHz system bus
    1024 MB of PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SDRAM with support for up to 1.5GB

Storage

120GB Ultra ATA hard disk drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW); writes DVD±R discs at up to 8x speed, writes DVD±RW discs at up to 4x speed, reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed
    Support for external FireWire and USB storage devices

Display

14.1-inch (diagonal) TFT XGA active-matrix display
    Support for millions of colors at 1024 x 768 pixel resolution
    Support for resolution scaling to 800 x 600 pixel and 640 x 480 pixel resolution with millions of colors

Graphics support

ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 graphics processor with 32MB of dedicated video memory and AGP 4X support

Communications

Audio

16-bit stereo headphone jack
    Built-in stereo speakers
    Built-in omnidirectional microphone
    Support for external USB audio devices such as microphones and speakers

Video

VGA video output for video mirroring on an external display or projector (24-bit color) with included Apple VGA Display Adapter.
    S-video and composite video output to TV or projector

Battery

61-watt-hour lithium-ion battery in good working condition (tested)
    Integrated charge indicator LEDs on battery

Keyboard and trackpad

Built-in full-size keyboard with 77 (U.S.) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) and embedded numeric keypad
    Solid-state trackpad; supports tap, double-tap, drag and scrolling capabilities

Electrical and environmental

Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
    Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
    Frequency: 50 to 60 Hz

Size and weight

Height: 1.35 inches (3.42 cm)
    Width: 12.7 inches (32.3 cm)
    Depth: 10.2 inches (25.9 cm)
    Weight: 5.9 pounds (2.7 kg)

Supplied Software

Adobe Creative Suite 2
    Macromedia Studio 8
    Dreamweaver, Freehand, Flash, Fireworks
    Norton Antivirus 6.0
    Service and Warranty Information: Warranty Available until April 01, 2008 (as written on the Warranty Papers)

Supplied Accessories:

iBook's Original packaging
    Laptop bag
    External USB mouse
    AC plug and US extension cable
    AC cord
    Manuals
    Legal papers
    Warranty papers
    iSight and original packaging
    Slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW); writes DVD±R discs at up to 8x speed, writes DVD±RW discs at up to 4x speed, reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed

Verification Results:

The laptop - Apple iBook G4 Computer has been verified by our Technical Team.
    The specifications found by our Technical Team are the same with the specifications of the laptop from the Legal and Warranty Papers which were deposited in our custody at the same time with the Laptop by the Seller.
    Working problems found: none (a series of tests has been performed to all the laptop's hardware);
    Cosmetic problems found: none (we have inspected the laptop for everything from minor scratches to signs of intensive use).

TNTThrough this email we have the pleasure to inform you that the merchandise has been left in our custody. The shipping fee has been paid by the Seller. Please follow the Payment Instructions from our "TNT Transaction Details - Payment Instructions" Notification you will receive shortly from us.

email [email protected]

City/State
    Zip(City Code)
    Country

United Kingdom

TNTWe have found that providing email and Internet support allows us to give quick, reliable, and consistent answers to questions and concerns. Using email also allows us to document what was communicated in previous emails to you and to avoid duplication of responses. Phone support simply does not serve our members needs as well as email does.

Contact us with any questions 24/7: email [email protected]

TNT Logo

IMPORTANT! The package has been verified by TNT. The package is now in the TNT carrier custody. We will be able to deliver the package after the Payment is verified and collected. Please allow us up to 24 hours to verify the Payment Information.

• Da
    damn scammers Aug 01, 2008

I am so thankful that everyone posted these comments on this website. I hope that one extra post may help somebody else like reading these posts helped me. I was apartment hunting in Minneapolis and came across a deal that seemed too good to be true. After receiving a couple of e-mails in semi-broken english, describing what a steal it was and how his/her job had moved to the UK and that is why this apartment had become available, blah blah. Anyhow, sound familiar anyone?
    FIRST EMAIL:
    Thank you for your interest. I have available the apartment . Because I moved with my
    job in United Kingdom, London, i need money to pay the rent here which is
    very expensive and that is the reason i want to rent the apt at this low
    price and to find a good person for it. I can rent you the apt for
    maximum 5 years this is the perioud i have contract here but i can rent it for
    a low period too. I`m the owner of the apt and it's exactly like in
    the PICS. The rent for 1 month is $1100 including all utilities
    (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, fireplace,
    dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move
    in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is
    that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find
    a compromise.
    Thank you for your interest and wait news from you.

SECOND EMAIL:
    Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. Like I have inform you before, the price
    you shall pay for one month of rent will be $1100 US, with no extra
    taxes to pay. The money I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, I
    hope will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account.
    The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and
    the contract to check it, and see if you like it.
    Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to
    make sure we receive what we are after. I have found a way for us to
    complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive
    the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as
    well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar
    to FedEx, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of
    the Keys.
    I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the
    apt only after you will receive the keys it and through this way you
    will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I
    receive my payment.
    Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can
    complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the
    company where the procedure is explained:
    Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take
    care of this matter by the end of the next week
    Best Regards

sick ###s is all I can say. These people can rot in hell.

• Da
    damn scammers Aug 01, 2008

an addition to the aforementioned email, the person's email address was listed as [email protected] Hope this helps someone

• Pe
    Peter Sep 03, 2008

Here's another one, from the Denver Craig's List:

POST:

"http://denver.craigslist.org/pho/823914136.html

This ad is for one used Nikon Nikon D200. I bought it new 3 months
    ago. It is like new and still under warranty.I will supply you with my
    receipt and a copy of the service plan.

Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 17-35mm f/2.8D IF
    Nikon AF-SVR Zoom-Nikkor ED70-200mm f/2.8 G IF
    3-Nikon Li-ion camera batteries EN-EL3e and charger
    Nikon Flash Speedlight SB-800
    ADIDT M1 Remote Cord shutter release
    Lenses come with their cases
    Operations manual for each lens, camera, and flash
    Each lens has its own front and rear caps.

Details
    Display: LCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
    Flash Features
    Flash Type: Pop-up flash
    Red Eye Reduction: Yes

You can contact me for more info."

REPLY FROM SCAMMER:

"Hello,

I still have the Nikon D200 10.2 MPixel D SLR, Package w 2 Pro Lenses and the price is $900.
    My name is Alan Wray and I am sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England, London. I was promoted to Sales Administrator and I have to take a 6 months trainning program here in UK, before I'll be back home, in States.The camera is in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here is the warranty.I have attached some pics with the camera to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the camera.I've only taken about 1200 photos with it.All original accessories, software and manuals...nothing missing. Only 3 months .
    It really is in brand new condition. Not a mark on it.We can close a deal asap. Have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the camera in 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a international company called TNT which is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the camera.

I will explain to you step by step how this will work.
    1) First you will have to send me your full name and address. I will need them for the shipping.
    2) I go to the TNT store and leave the products onto your name as the intended receiver.
    3) TNT will check the products to see if everything is OK with them and also the legal papers that will come along with the products.
    4) TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the products you ordered in which you will be told that they have them and that they checked them.
    5) At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a money deposit on the TNT payment agent name for the amount we agreed.
    6) After you make the deposit you will have to send the info about the money transfer to TNT (MTCN, sender's name and address)
    7) TNT will verify the payment information and if everything is in order they will deliver the products to you .
    8) After you receive the products, check them and see that all is in order you will instruct TNT to send me the money.
    If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the products, you will return the product to TNT with no expense.
    I will pay TNT for the shipping and you will pay Western Union for the Money Transfer fee.
    Please click on this link for more info:

Hope to hear from you soon.

Alan Wray"

THIS IS A SCAM - AVOID IT! This is a scam, because he's selling a $1, 600 Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 lens, $1, 500 Nikon 70-200 lens, and a $900 (used price) Nikon D200 body for $900 for the whole package. Not even a pro, trying to liquidate gear would be this stupid. These items, even if beaten up pretty badly can easily sell for twice what this guy is asking. WATCH OUT!

• Ke
    Kevin Oct 07, 2008

Yeah these people are crazy, the posted a brand new macbook pro on craigslist in dayton, oh for 475, then said they moved to Wolverhampton
    Heres what she sent,

I still have the laptop.

Mary Jan 27, 2009

I was doing some research before I bought this Apple Laptop.
    This is very similar to the scam listed in other complaints!!!
    I think this is the same person.
    This is a copy of the email:

*******************************************************************************
    From: [email protected]
    Subject: the macbook pro from craigslist $475
    Date: January 27, 2009 8:04:23 AM PST
    To: [email protected]

I still have the laptop.

Susan

************************************************************************************

Because of what I found on your site, I will not be doing business with this entity!!!

• Kk
    KkSODABOMB Apr 11, 2009

These people are ###ed up. I almost fell for this ### luckily I thought to check it out first and I'm not going to complete the transaction. I really wanna do something to find these people though. This is the email I got about a macbook air.

Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply but I'm currently in England, London. Because of the financial crisis, I lost my job in United States ( i was an IT Operations Manager ) and I had to move at my syster in United Kingdom ( here I found a good job ) .
    The laptop is still available, in perfect condition, and I will sell it only in US because here the warranty and the AppleCare are US registered.
    I can't use the laptop here in UK because it works on 110 V. I didn't know about this problem when I moved here and another reason why I am selling the laptop because I really need money urgently to pay my rent for next 3 months
    I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail so you can see the condition of the laptop. I bought the laptop 8 months ago and it still has 4 months of Apple transferable warranty remaining ( you can extand the warranty for one year on your name ).

www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverhampton.depot/third_party_service.html

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (on my expense).

Best Wishes,
    Brenda Granger

Hello

I am so sorry, I sent you a wrong link. Here is the right link:

Please read their procedure and get back to me. If you agree to their terms please send me your name and address and I will start the delivery procedure.

Best Wishes
    Brenda

I should have known when she first sent me the wrong link, but I've noticed the first link no longer exist but it's the same one that has been used in the other scams. Watch out for this crap.

• Se
    serg May 18, 2009

if it wasnt for my fiance i would be ### out of luck too. i too almost fell for this ###. this was my description of the add. HiI still have the TV. The TV is in perfect shape (take a look at the attached pics) and it comes with 18 months of transferable warranty. I am now in United Kingdom. I have been relocated here with my work several months ago. The TV is a US version and I think I can sell it for a better price in the US.Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that. Please go here to see the procedure:TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the TV before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (shipping is on me).Let me know what you think.Thanks, Susan

this seemed to good to be true. thank god for this site. she still tried to convince me but good thing i looked this up

BE CAREFUL GUYS!!!

• Su
    Susan May 18, 2009

Hi Ah

OK, super.
    I will sell you the TV for $300 with everything in the pictures included, I will use 2 day delivery and allow you 5 days to inspect it. Shipping is on me. Your total price will be the $300 for the TV + a fee ($30) for sending the money to TNT. So, do we have a deal? At this point I need your name and address to start the deal.

Hi

I went to TNT today. The guys from TNT told me that they will send the TV to their technical department for inspection and then they will notify you. They will also notify you with the instructions you need to complete your end of the deal. Please complete your end as soon as you can and keep me posted.

Susan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Pl
    plibre Feb 08, 2010

I just got lured in too. I haven't made any payment yet but I knew something was fishy when the TNT website was not a part of TNT.com. I was sent a link at first that was on the domain tnt.com but it was a non-working link. The complaint should not be directed at TNT because this website http://www.globalship-tnt.com/details.html is not actually affiliated with TNT shipping services. Globalship is the scam site not TNT.

Lesson: If it looks like ### and smells like ###...Its ###.

Be careful, there are some vultures out there

• Zs
    ZSleek May 06, 2010

Thanks for all the warnings -- I came soooo close to falling for this scam myself!

Here is what I received:

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 15" MacBook Pro from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
    I am selling the 15" MacBook Pro, with 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2 Gb memory, 220 Gb HD for $300 USD. I have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the laptop.
    The laptop is still available and I hope you are still interested.This Macbook Pro was ordered brand new directly from Apple on Feb, 2008.
    About the laptop I can say it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $300 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new.
    The laptop is here with me.
    I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
    I have used the laptop mostly for internet browsing and presentations, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
    The laptop has the Leopard and Vista OS, the iLife 09 and the MS Office with the original recovery disks included.
    One more thing, the laptop is an US version and it works on the US power and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the laptop if you're really interested in buying it.

Arianna

www.bluechipremovals.co.uk

Fuuuuuuuck these people!

• Jc
    JCR_1 Jun 01, 2010

I am getting the same offer and deal but where is the scam? If I have to be satisified with the merchandise before signing for it what is the risk? I need some feed back because I am tempted to take advantage of this until I read all of these posts. This offer was too from the same song and dance but this person gave me their place of business. It is similar to other deals as the MAC BOOK PRO is between 1500-2100 (the one she described) and is selling it for 500. I thought that was weird unless it can't be used in UK because of their voltage system. I know there is converters but I didn't think a scammer would give me their place of business where they worked. I was googling a way to have it shipped and I came across a service and I cannot remember the site now but I want to say it is the Global shipping service. I would still like to know how I can expose if this is a scam or not. I am not interested in losing 500.00 but if she has to put upfront money because it says a trust from her has to be established incase I don't accept the shipment then she has to pay for the shipping costs. Here is the site from TNT. (http://tnt.com.onlineparcel-express.info/about.tnt/index/details.html) Please give feed back. I still don't see the scam but maybe it is because I am too excited about this deal. It too was from Craigslist.

• Ka
    Kameleon Jun 04, 2010

Here's a new twist on the same scam. I have a shared accommodation listed on Craig's list. The prospective tenant indicates their willingness to rent the space, but they are moving from Paris and their luggage, car and furniture will be delivered by TNT prior to their arrival. They forward a money order for the deposit and first month rent, along with an additional amount ($2700) while asking me to forward that extra amount to TNT's accountant listed below prior to their arrival.

People have to know that money orders take time to clear. Don't send money on behalf of the other party in the transaction. It's a bummer that such scammers take advantage of good people but this is a world wide net and untrustworthy people are everywhere.

I am keeping the documentation and once I receive their check or Money Order I will send the emails and paperwork to the authorities. The use of Western Union makes it difficult to catch these guys though what goes around comes around as the saying says. I hope it comes around soon for these guys. it wastes so many people's time. Here are the emails in question:

RESPONSE TO MY AD

Hi
    Thanks so much for replying my email, I really do appreciate it, . I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have a lot of things to do right now, But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and you, as my uncle is presently sick and i have to go see him, but really want to hold a place down...
    More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type, I like honest, responsible, trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy, messy, uncaring people and I love pets so much, am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight. i like tourism and, i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do, I was born in france as there was where i had my university education and stays
    with my uncle there!!
    I lived all my life way in Paris before coming down to SD, , I grew up with my uncle since 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the medical way since i was born, I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months, we have involved in projects that includes orphans, orphanages, heart related diseases in children between the ages of 4-10yrs .Ambition and Work:
    I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that I'll be doing good over there as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live over there..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making inquiries about that now... Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am, because i will also do the dishing if you like, I work when i am to and relax when i am to, I also like sharing my thoughts also...paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends...Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being, so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place, as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with, and little
    of my furniture, please let me know if there will be room for them..With all that I've said above, I have told you more about me and more picture of mine will be attach in the next email, Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit. Feel free to ask me any question and as I've said, i am looking to move in by the availability of the place, but want to secured it now
    Thanks..

1RST REPLY:

Hello,
    How are you? Thanks for getting back to me i really appreciate it...
    I would have love to call you, but my phone is not good, and am leaving as soon as possible to see my sick uncle, i can only communicate through e-mail... But i will when i get there.but before going i will like to secure the place down... Am happy meeting some one like you, i will never ever want to loose the room, even without seeing the place, i can smell the kind of person whom you are and i like you, i will want you to know that am very okay with the rent fee, if none is included again..
    I believe that the person am going to live with matter most, i don't want to live with anyhow person, or the person i don't like, i can see that you'll be a nice person.. I will be coming with my dressers, computer table, kitchen utensils and a queen seize bed, 2 big luggages, and my car. They will all be shipped...
    My niece just called me, i was told that my uncle's condition is becoming critical, i think have once mentioned that i want to go and see him, but i just want to make sure i secure place before going, because i don't want to make any traveling plans without securing a place... With the way we've communicated, am okay with the place, and i will like to secure the place down, by sending you a Money Order, let me know the total amount am going to send.. And also i will need this information so that i can mail the payment..
    Your full name :
    Your full address:(Either your house address or work address.. No P O Box, i want to use a courier service)
    Your contact phone number :
    I think you are okay with the payment method, kindly get back to me..
    Hope to read from you..
    Thanks

Second Contact

Hello,

Thanks for the information provided, My financier will send the deposit check by next week.. I will be needing your assistance concerning the shipment of my belongings, i want to know if you will be around to help me recieve the shipment when they come to deliver them in the house. I will let you know the date and time schedule for the delivery.. And also the check that is being sent is meant to cover all my expenses, so out which you will deduct the rent deposit and help me to pay the shipping firm, I shall also be arriving the 10th of June, The shipment will arrive before i arrive.. I will like to know if you have any questions ...I will email you the tracking number of the check as soon as it has been sent

Attached is a pic of me

Can't wait to meet you in person

Regards

3rd CONTACT:

Hello,

Am sorry for not emailing you in time, am sorry for informing you lately. Here's the tracking number of the check package : 1Z02AT040496531183 UPS is the courier, You will surely receive the check by tomorrow firday (06/03/2010). As soon as you receive the check, i want you to deduct your deposit and help me to send a sum of $2, 700 to shipping company who will be bringing my car and other belongings, they insist to collect some deposit before i can be able to schedule a delivery date and time for the shipments... I want you to get the funds sent to them via wire money transfer, you can send it via moneygram or western union transfer, I would really appreciate it if you can help me send the funds before the end of tomorrow as soon as you receive the check package.

Here's the information of their senior accountant which you will be sending the money to:

Name: Joseph Cox
    Address: 3130 Amber Lane
    City: Braselton
    state: Georgia
    Country: USA
    Zipcode: 30605

Milo3343 Jun 09, 2010

Thank you for prevent me.

That could happen to me, I received the same mail, for a a laptop computer, for US $ 260.00 she send me this mail :

Hi Gustavo,

I won't return home so soon. I'll have to send it to you from here.
    I found a way to sell you the laptop that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the laptop before I receive my payment.
    Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

• Pe
    Petsabo Jun 12, 2010

Same Craigslist scam still active today.
    Susan seems to be moving up. She is now a chef at a the Pub The Barnt Green Inn. After the second email I knew something wasn't right.
    The seller sounded too eager to sell, the price was too good, and the Macbook Pro was listed in my city but now the seller was in England. Alarms go off. I thought I would play along with this until I got more details. Here is what I have to this point. Use TNT?? Who are they? Give my money to them prior to shipping? No way? Follow this rule Buy Local only this way the these scammers won't find much on craigslist.
    Thank You for reporting this on the complaintsboard.com. It saved me a few hundred dollars.
    IF TNT wants to remain a Legitimate Company it better crack down on these scams or at least provide a report on how to verify a legitimate transaction with their company.

Here is my interaction with the scammer. Notice I specifically suggested the type of transaction I wanted. I also asked why the listing was in my city if they were in England. These were not answered.

I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the laptop within 3-4 days.
    I was looking for a safe way to complete this sale and I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the laptop in less than 3 days.
    The solution is provided by the worldwide shipping company TNT.
    They have a service which will provide us with a safe way to handle the payment and delivery of the laptop.
    With this procedure you will have the chance to test the laptop before I receive my payment, and the TNT procedure will ensure my safety as well in receiving the payment. And since TNT will also take care of the delivery this will go very smooth and fast.
    The procedure is explained on the TNT website. I saved the exact link so please click on the link below to the TNT website where the procedure is explained.

0121 445 4949http://www.barntgreeninn.co.uk

To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: 15" Unibody MacBook Pro, the pics
    Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:47:46 -0400

Susan,
    I responded to your MacBook Pro listing because it said it was in Rochester, NY.
    Not sure how this came to be listed in Rochester, NY???
    I am not certain about paying for this when you are in England.
    I am concerned there is no guarantee or recourse to assure that I will get the macbook pro you are offering.
    The only option I can think of is a type of COD or a PayPal Transaction.

Louis

On Jun 11, 2010, at 2:01 PM, Susan Thompson wrote:

Hello

I am glad to see you are still interested. The laptop is with me in the UK and if we decide to go ahead with the deal we will need to find a safe delivery and payment method.
    I am looking to complete the deal within a week, so please let me know if you have the funds available at this time or if you will have the money within the week.

0121 445 4949

Hi, this is Susan and I am getting back to you regarding the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro from Craigslist.

I am now in Manchester, United Kingdom.
    I am selling the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro, with 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 Gb memory, 500 Gb HD for $500 USD.
    I hope you are still interested in buying it.
    This Macbook Pro was ordered brand new directly from Apple on July 8, 2009.
    About the laptop I can say it is 11 Months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $500 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The laptop still has Applecare warranty until July 8, 2010. The Applecare warranty is fully transferable to the new owner. You can also purchase 2 more years of Applecare warranty.
    I tried to be a thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
    The laptop has the Snow Leopard 10.6.2 OS, the iLife 09 and the MS Office 2008 with the original recovery disks included.

I will send an email shortly with the complete specs and some photos so you can see the condition.

• De
    deeptech Jun 15, 2010

Another craigslist scam post using Unibody Macbook Pro from "Susan" from Birmingham, United Kingdom.
    2.2 ghz macbook pro - $500 (Upper East Side) New york, CC.

Mike Gault Jun 18, 2010

Susan was living in Camby Indiana this week ...

Posted this on Indy craigslist

The laptop is in great condtion, no dents or scratches, very fast and working great.
    The specs are 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM DDR3 memory, 320GB Hard Drive, 5400rpm, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Graphics Card w/ 512MB, 1440x900 Max Resolution, built in iSight, Aiport Extreme (802.11 a/b/g/n), 2 USB ports, 1 MINI Display Port and 1 Firewire. No scratches and dents. Cash only deal, $500.
    • Location: Camby, near Indianapolis
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1779471854

This is her email to me!

I am now in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
    I hope you are still interested in buying it.
    This Macbook Pro was ordered brand new directly from Apple on July 8th, 2009.
    About the laptop I can say it is 11 Months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $500 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The laptop still has Applecare warranty until July 8th, 2010. The Applecare warranty is fully transferable to the new owner. You can also purchase 2 more years of Applecare warranty.

• As
    -AS- Jun 22, 2010

Thank internet community for posting about this scam that sounded too good to be true.

I am now in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
    I hope you are still interested in buying it.
    This Macbook Pro was ordered brand new directly from Apple on July 8th, 2009.

Hello

I am selling it because I've recently upgraded to a 17 inch version.
    Cheers

I got really suspicious when she mentioned money 3 times within 20 words and pushed the time frame of the transaction.

Different bull, Same S#!+...

NotReallyKyle Jun 24, 2010

Did some research regarding these scammers and have totally been [censor]ing with the person and wasting their time knowing they're a scammer after 3 minutes of googling. 2 seconds after googling their address I ended up here.

Anyway, I did my absolute best to find out if this scammer has some semblance of a conscience by telling them that the TV I was buying from them would be for a kids' leukemia ward at a hospital.

They still didn't even flinch at scamming me.

Read the entire exchange (so far) below:

-------------------------

Scammer:

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p full HDTV from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
    I am selling the 46" Sony LCD, 1080p, full HDTV, 120 Mhz for $350 USD. I have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the TV.
    The TVis still available and I hope you are still interested.This TV was ordered brand new 4 months ago.
    About the TV I can say it is 4 months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $350 price is everything the TV came with when it was new, including the original manuals and warranty papers. The TV still has warranty for the next 20 months. The warranty is fully transferable to the new owner.
    The TV is here with me in UK.
    I have used the TV mostly for the news and movies, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
    One more thing, the TV is an US version and it works on the US power and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the TV if you're really interested in buying it.

Arianna

Me:

How much will it cost to ship?

I was searching in the Philadelphia area because i wanted one from somewhere close by.

Hi,

I found a way to sell you the TV that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the TV before I receive my payment.

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

Me:

Okay, that's very reassuring and I'm on board.

Why are you selling this tv, by the way?

Here is my address:

(fake, anyway)

Me:

Now that I've given it some thought, I'd actually prefer that it be delivered to my work place, since that's ultimately where I'll be taking the television anyway.

Wayne Memorial Hospital
    ATTN: [My name]
    Special Care Unit
    601 Park Street
    Honesdale, PA 18431

I'm so relieved that you made the suggestion to protect both of us by using a third party. I've been scammed before and just really want to take precautions, y'know?

I work in the special care unit as a resident caretaker and I have to tell you the leukemia-stricken youngsters at Wayne Memorial Hospital are going to absolutely love that they'll have such a fantastic tv to watch their cartoons on. They very rarely are given the opportunity to experience fun. You are truly a saint for offering this TV at such a low price. I don't know how much you paid, but you must be taking a significant loss since this television retails for nearly $1000. I can't believe I found such a good deal.

I only wish you were able to be here to see the smiles on these kids faces when we're able to show them their favorite episodes of Spongebob and their other nickelodeon and disney favorites

Let's get this taken care of ASAP! I can't wait to surprise them all!

------------------------

Hi,

Well, I know I'm selling it cheap, but what can I do? The TV only works in the US and nobody wants it here.
    Anyway, I sent the TV earlier today. The TNT clerk said that they will inspect the TV and then send you an email notification with the instructions on what to do next. Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contacts list (TNT said that this is very important).

-----------------------

Where should I take this next?

• Je
    jetstar Jul 05, 2010

7-5-2010

Thank you all for contributing to this thread. It saved me from getting scammed!!! I got pretty hyped up about getting a MacBook Pro for $400. Something was " too good to be true" so I googled "Susan Thompson" and found this site.

Here is the ad from Craiglist-Albany, NY that I responded to:

Hello,

The laptop is still available and I hope you are still interested for $400. My name is Susan and I am now in Birmingham, United Kingdom.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am selling the 13.3" Aluminium Macbook Pro and the laptop's specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz Processor
    3 MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz Bus Speed
    4 GB DDR3 Memory
    250 GB SATA (5400 RPM) Hard Drive
    13.3" Glossy (1280 x 800) LED Backlit Widescreen Display
    Built-in iSight Camera and internal Omnidirectional microphone
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB Shared Video Memory
    8x Slot-loading SuperDrive (DVDaR DL/DVDaRW/CD-RW)
    AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi Wireless (802.11a/b/g/n)
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    10/100/1000 Gigabit BASE-T Ethernet
    SD Card Slot
    Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, FireWire 800, combined Optical Digital output/headphone out with selectable Analog Audio line in, Mini DisplayPort, RJ-45, MagSafe Power Port
    Unit Dimensions: 12.78" (W) x 0.95" (H) x 8.94" (D)
    Unit Weight: 4.5 Pounds

I tried to be a thorough as I could with the specs so you can have the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
    About the laptop I can say it is 8 Months old and it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent.
    The laptop is still under warranty for the next 4 Months and the good part is that the Applecare warranty is fully transferable to the new owner

The laptop has the Snow Leopard 10.6 OS, the iLife 09 and the MS Office 2008.

Susan

and later after I responded with interest to purchase it

• Al
    Almost Burnt Jul 12, 2010

How can we shut these fraudsters down???!!! Same thing almost got me!! I attached a few photos she/he sent...

SCAMMER:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz Processor
    3 MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz Bus Speed
    4 GB DDR3 Memory
    250 GB SATA (5400 RPM) Hard Drive
    13.3" Glossy (1280 x 800) LED Backlit Widescreen Display
    Built-in iSight Camera and internal Omnidirectional microphone
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB Shared Video Memory
    8x Slot-loading SuperDrive (DVDaR DL/DVDaRW/CD-RW)
    AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi Wireless (802.11a/b/g/n)
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    10/100/1000 Gigabit BASE-T Ethernet
    SD Card Slot
    Unit Dimensions: 12.78" (W) x 0.95" (H) x 8.94" (D)
    Unit Weight: 4.5 Pounds

The laptop has the Snow Leopard 10.6 OS, the iLife 09 and the MS Office 2008.

AFTER I REPLIED:

• Li
    liveinspired Jul 12, 2010

Wow! Thank you so much for this forum. She almost got me too!

This is Susan again from Birmingham, United Kingdom regarding the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro. Did you receive my earlier email?
    I just wanted to make sure you have all the specs for the laptop, the Apple 15.4" Unibody MacBook Pro Laptop for $500.
    The complete specs are below.2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4.0 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM Memory, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Graphics Processors with 512MB of GDDR3 Memory, 500GB SATA 5400 RPM Hard Drive, iSight camera. Also included is the Lithium-Polymer Battery and also the Apple Remote and Case.
    Let me know if you like it.

Me to Susan
    show details 2:04 PM (5 hours ago)
    Thank you for the information and pictures. I would like to purchase the laptop. I noticed that you said you were from Birmingham, United Kingdom. The craigslist listing was for the SF Bay area. Are you in the area or does the laptop need to be shipped?

Thank you very much.

Susan Thompson to me
    show details 5:39 PM (2 hours ago)