Having problems with AutoBarn.com?

AutoBarn.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 28, 2009. The latest review purchased a car was posted on Oct 24, 2018. The latest complaint Bad service was resolved on Jan 28, 2009. AutoBarn.com has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 2 reviews. AutoBarn.com has resolved 1 complaints.

AutoBarn.com Customer Service Contacts

1888 484 9560 (Customer Service)
+1 516 484 9500 (International)
+1 516 593 3232 (Lynbrook Store)
+1 516 741 5200 (Mineola Store)
450 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 207
SatClosed
SunClosed
Lynbrook
321 Sunrise Highway, NY 11563

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AutoBarn.com Customer Service. Initial AutoBarn.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AutoBarn.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AutoBarn.com. Discuss the issues you have had with AutoBarn.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AutoBarn.com Complaints & Reviews

AutoBarn.compurchased a car

I went to Autobarn Chicago Mazda and they totally defrauded me and when I tried to call to resolve the issue they said they would call back and never did. Then they avoided my calls and hung up on me. The car I have is not able to pass the required emissions testing along with many other issues but this is the main issue. I cant even license the car without this. It is a worthless pile is metal right now.
They also deleted codes which are now starting to pop on.

Auto BarnBad service

This was my second order from Autobarn, the first being a battery in August of this year. Since that transaction worked well, and I needed an item that my normal supplier Rock Auto did not carry, I thought I would try this merchant again for part of the order since they offered free shipping due to the amount of money I was spending. My order consisted of maintenance items like belts, hoses, PCV, tune up items, etc. for a Dodge- nothing special order or exotic from Autobarn. The one special order item I bought came from Rock Auto, who promptly contacted me via email for additional information.

I split the order between Rock Auto and Autobarn and am sorry I did so. Both orders went in on the same date (9-21), and Rock Auto as usual emailed order confirmation and tracking information, which included what was in each box with the tracking number for each. I had all but the special order part delivered in a few days (by 9-25, four days) via ground shipping.

After about a week and a half of no info, on 10-2 I did a status inquiry with Autobarn via email and this netted an automated reply followed by a reply on 10-3 asking what "item" I had ordered (I had included my order number in the original email inquiry, so this was a truly stupid question). I replied by copying the invoice Autobarn had sent me. A few days later (10-6), I finally received notice my order had shipped, although it did not say what. There was a disclaimer that if I had ordered multiple items they may not arrive at the same time.

As another indicator of how slow the Autobarn shipment process is, I placed another order for a foreign car with Rock Auto on 10-2 and had these parts in hand by 10-5, again with ground shipping.

Also, the online catalog for Autobarn is far more difficult to navigate than the one for Rock Auto.

In summary, I guess if you only need to order one thing and don't need to know when it is going to arrive; this is a good place to shop. Otherwise, go someplace great like Rock Auto. I know this sounds more like a positive review of Rock Auto, but I was in a position to review both at the same time, so this is what I did. The few dollars saved at Autobarn were not worth the inferior service.