Time Warner Cabletwc refuses to accept my payments

We used the PayExpress Service to make a payment to our Time Warner account. We entered "make the minimum payment" option using our bank account information. However, when the payment was confirmed it said it had debited the entire amount of the balance which was substantially more than the minimum. We called immediately to report the problem, but the customer service people said that they couldn't stop the transaction. They said that we had to go to our bank to have them stop it. We did do that and at great expense of time and effort, the bank blocked the incorrect payment from happening. We paid the minimum payment on the phone after that. Now, I went to pay our bill for the next month ON THE PHONE, because we no longer trust the PayExpress system. Well, the system says it won't accept bank account or credit card payments from us "permanently". We spoke to a supervisor and they said that they do not have the ability to override the system to accept our payment even though they read the account notes and said it was "obvious" that we were instructed to block the payment by Time Warner customer service. So, in conclusion, TWC instructed us to take an action which, when we followed it resulted in them refusing to accept our payment on the phone or by Internet. They will only accept our payment by cash at some office location. We called DirecTV to install satellite cable service and they are coming to our apartment on Tuesday at 9AM. Time Warner Cable has inconvenienced me for the last time. I urge frustrated customers to call DirecTV at 1800-DIRECTV to replace theit TWC service. Maybe when they lose enough customers to this ridiculous policy which treats all customers like second-class citizens (having to go to some office to pay cash is unacceptable when I can pay by other methods).

D. Carter