Thrifty Rent A Car Logo

Thrifty Rent A Car

Having problems with Thrifty Rent A Car?

Thrifty Rent A Car reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 17, 2006. The latest review Worst Experience with Any Company, Ever. Unethical and Unconscionable Business Practices was posted on Jun 11, 2021. The latest complaint unreturned charges! was resolved on Oct 27, 2014. Thrifty Rent A Car has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 213 reviews. Thrifty Rent A Car has resolved 56 complaints.

Thrifty Rent A Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 847 4389 (Reservation Assistance)
+1 800 334 1705 (Customer Assistance)
2W2, P.O. Box 33167
Tulsa, Oklahoma
United States - 74153-1167

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Thrifty Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Thrifty Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Thrifty Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Thrifty Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Thrifty Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Thrifty Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews

Thrifty — scam/#

My wife and I had a terrible experience at the Denver Airport Thrifty. We had booked a car through orbitz and...

Thrifty Car Rentalundeclared upgrade charge

My business colleague and I were kept waiting to pick up our reserved car at the Omaha Thrifty Car Rental desk in Eppley Airfield terminal on January 26, 2009. The desk person apologized for our long wait and said he would put us in a better car as compensation for our inconvenience. Upon returning the car two days later, I discovered that he had charged us a $38/ day upgrade fee on our daily rate of $44. He had never told us anything about an upgrade fee. I spoke to the supervisor of the Thrifty operation by telephone, but he was totally unsympathetic, felt no obligation to remove the charges or to investigate the behavior of his desk personnel. I will never rent from Thrifty again and I urge anyone who reads this tale of woe to do the same.

johncmattes May 02, 2012

This scam is going on at Dollar and Thrifty .You tell them you don't want insurance but they sign you up and don't tell you that you have just signed a pad that acknowledges you want the pricey insurance. See our story at

Consumers need to fight back.Send us your story, we will fight this
      email us at [email protected]

• Th
      thriftysucks! Dec 04, 2009

Do not use the Thrifty/Dollar Rental at Omaha's Eppley Airport. The owner "Molly" is running a total scam business. I have rented cars for over 11 years for work and personal and this is the only RENTAL FROM HELL story I have ever had! The van had over 60, 000 miles with horrible tires, transmission skipped off and on when in cruise mode, loose steering wheel, one headlight on bright the other dim, air bag cover on dash shook/vibrated the whole trip, inside seats and floor were stained, and there was a disgusting smell that they had tried to disguise with air fresheners - yuck. Then the con artist owner "Molly" played a little game of "well let see what I can do discount wise and I'll get back to" and then went and charged our credit card 3 times the rental fee! She is a very shady lady and doesn't give a crap about the rental customers. She is lucky that piece of crap didn't break down on us. There were no other rentals available that day, and when I rented this online, the picture of the van was a nice new van and said something similar would be what we were renting --- WRONG. This thing looked like it was straight off the junk used car lot. I was stressed and embarrassed the whole trip and then to top it off MOLLY the owner tried to fraudulently steal $1500 from our debit visa card. SHE HIDES BEHIND HER WORKERS AND WILL NOT FACE HER CUSTOMERS. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS. EPPLEY AIRPORT NEEDS TO KICK THEM OUT OF THEIR GARAGE AND ALLOW ANOTHER RENTAL TO BE IN THERE.

noonesathome Mar 13, 2009

I've had the same thing happen to me! They sent me a letter stating that I ran a 75 cent toll in Orlando, Florida. The letter was sent two and a half months after the fact and they charged a $25 administration fee. We paid all our tolls. I plan on calling to complain and hope that they waive the charge. It seems like they are doing this in hopes of getting that $25 if no one complains. Of course, you have no proof that you paid the toll since you just throw in your quarters and wait for the green light and leave without a receipt. But they have no proof either!

• Di
      Disappointed Customer Feb 18, 2009

After having two incidents with Thrifty I am compelled to try and help someone else avoid what I experienced.

1. When I returned my car, the attendant swarmed to my windshield as if it was a shattered mess and pointed out a "crack". When I looked at it, it was literally so small that I didn't think anything of it until I was notified by mail that I was to pay nearly $250! The whole thing seemed like a fraud to me from the start. I imdediately went online and discovered that this is apparently how they operate. I managed to get the representative to remove the charge, but was left with the impression that they simply do this to capitalize on the number of people who do not contest the charge! To me this is fraud, pure and simple.

2. Two months after the rental we recieved a notice from Thrifty that we had ran a toll which was .75. They assessed a $25 admin charge on top of it. We never missed a toll and upon calling the representative he simply removed the admin fee without anything more than a question from me regarding the toll. I was, of course, happy they removed the fee, but again was left wondering how many people they actually get through this scam. Once again, this is "fraud" and leaves me so disappointed that a company chooses to operate like this.

Everything about this company feels like a scam to me and I would highly suggest you choose some other company. In addition, no matter who you choose to rent a car from, make sure you look over every detail of the condition of the vehicle before you accept it.

Thrifty Car Rental — illegal charges for loss of use

Warning to all that have the misfortune to have an accident in a rental car owned by Thrifty. In Albuquerque...

Thrifty Car Rentalextra $200.00 charge

Letter i sent to Thrifty regarding my complaint:

I am terribly disappointed with Thrifty car rentals business practices. I am considering taking further action legal action if this issue is not addressed immediately. Your manager at the Surrey, B.C. Canada location was unwilling to reverse a $200.00 deposit that I never signed for. The deposit should have been returned after the vehicle was returned undamaged. At first when I rented the car I was told by the girl at the counter that the deposit was refundable (this was fine with me), and it would be put back on my credit card upon return on the vehicle. A normal business practice from my understanding. Now, I am being told by the manager Paul that this $200.00 was added on top of my 16 day car rental which should have only come to $398.00. I have been charged $398+$200 for 16 days. Totaling $598.00. This works out to $37.37 per day. I did not agree upon this rate. I am sure that you would agree that this is not a good rate either. Also, I have not signed for an extra $200.00 charge on my credit card. I only signed for a refundable deposit of $200.00 which is clearly stated on my receipt. Your manager has been extremely rude and unhelpful in this situation. Also, the receptionist told me a different price and she said the $200.00 was an extra fee. An extra fee for what??? Paul the manager also could not precisely explain to me what the charge was, and was stuttering.
    During the time of my car rental I called Thrifty and talked to them because I found a cheaper rate at National and I was told that Thrifty was going to give me the best rate possible! I thought great they will match my rate at National. However, $37.37 per day is what Thrifty has charged me where National was giving me $18.00 a day. I called and asked the girl at the Thrifty location if I should return the Thrifty car and rent the National car. She put me on hold; then came back on the phone assuring me that Thrifty was going to give me the BEST rate. She told me to hold on to the thrifty vehicle as they will take care of adjusting the price. Upon this agreement on the phone I kept the car. I have been charged the amount of $598.00 dollars; this works out to $37.38 a day. I am sure you to would agree that is not a good rate.
    I rent cars on a monthly basis, and I know the details of renting cars and business practices. I am saddened to know that Thrifty has no consistency or credibility in there business practices and no customer service skills and they like to undermine customers.

Thrifty Car Rentalfraud and cheating

If you are a first time car renter do not go to Thrifty in Omaha, Nebraska. The counter people are paid commissions to add on things that you don't need. They tell you that you have to have insurance, insurance for collision, for uninsured drivers, for you trip, etc. They try to get you to get a GPS when you already have one, They ask you what kind of car you want and don't tell you it's an upgrade charge. It's difficult enough to learn they correct questions to ask but when you have a liar behind the counter, even if you think you know the correct questions you get ripped. Don't rent from them, use Avis or Hertz or anyone else because they are honest, reputable companies. And if you complain to Thrifty Car Rental, they tell you that it's your fault and so what.

• Hu
          Huang G Nov 04, 2011

I have the same experience in Sarasota Airport Florida Thrifty. We already reserved on-line declining the insurance coverage but uthe counter person added another "optional coverages" without telling me and they asked me to look at the screen shot and sign. I did not see anything on the screen shot except the blank space for signature.
          After the fact I complained to the company and all they say is that they WILL NOT do anything because I signed. They are so assertive because they had that planned and this is a way to make money. STOP USING Thrifty!!!

• Sd
          S.D. Goldner Jan 14, 2011

Do not use Thrifty Car Rental at the San Jose airport in Costa Rica! We had a terrible experience with them over New Year’s week. I hope to save travelers like us from repeating this experience.

We were flying in late from Chicago. Thrifty was aware of our situation. I emailed Thrifty to reconfirm the pickup with flight # and time. They said they would be there to pick us up when the flight arrived. When we arrived in Costa Rica the Thrifty employee was not at the airport. No one answered at the phone # we were given. When waiting outside of the airport for an hour local people were harassing us constantly. I was not sure what to do, but I remembered that the Holiday Inn was near the thrifty office. We were just luck that they had rooms available. We had to stay overnight, since everything was closed at that late hour.

In the morning my husband went to the Thrifty office to find out what happened. Our flight arrived at 11:50pm, 6 minutes late. We got out of customs just after 12:00am. Supposedly, the Thrifty employee left at 12:00am. We were so angry. We asked Thrifty to pay for our hotel stay, which seemed completely fair. They refused. Not only were we stuck in San Jose for the night with a $250 hotel bill, but then Thrifty tells us we have to pay for car insurance of $150. We needed proof of additional car coverage with us, that was their policy.

We have since contacted Thrifty Corporate and they said they cannot help us with reimbursement for the hotel stay. Please think twice about renting with Thrifty. No one wants a wonderful trip to be ruined by a poorly run company like Thrifty!

• Ne
          Nenka Nov 04, 2010

OUR experiance with Thrifty Car Rental
          Very Bad Experiance in KonaHI. We had HHonosr Reward Certificate but they didn'r "recognise" the code, so we had to rent car on the spot. They say on ther website that upgrade is $3.00 we were charged $26.00.Our certificate was accepted after numerous calls, but the whole experiance was very unplesant. I spoke this morning with "custumer service" and you should heard him. It was all our mistake we shoul not signed contract ? but there was no other way to get car, we were told it would be corrected later.
          So, never, again we'll rent from them, and I hope you will noth either!

Terry L. Maddox Mar 02, 2009

I can verify that Thrifty employees lie from personal experience.

• Er
          Eric Pei Aug 31, 2007

On 8/12/07 I arrived at Manzanillo airport in Mexico, the Thrifty agent told me that the Orbitz rate of $71.98, under which I have reserved the car through Orbitz was wrong, it should have been $201. Left with no real choice at that airport, I agreed to the increase and signed the rental contract.

I picked up a Dodge Stratus with 54,000 Km, it had a loud, clearly audible rumbling noise emanating from the front ends, and it felt excessively spongy and lethargic when it bounced over the many speed bumps on the road in Manzanillo; a strong indication that the shocks and struts were in very poor condition. Also the back seats were broken and sunk in when sat on. Nevertheless, given that it was Mexico, I assumed that it was nothing out of the ordinary to have a rental car in poor condition and high mileage. Besides, the 45 minutes drive between the airport and my hotel made me decided to just stick with it.

During the 7 days, from time to time, the car's lower right front panel would come unattached, I would just push it back in, to its mounting clips on upper panel, until it came off and just hanging loose again.

At the end of my trip on 8/20/07, I drove it back to the airport, the AC stopped working, and a black rubber/plastic, about a foot square flap came off the hanging lower front panel, flapping in the wind and against the right front tire. Anyway, I was able to make it back to the airport and returned the car.

After checking the car upon my report of the problems, the Thrifty manager told me that the oil pump was leaking oil because, she determined, that I must have run over something. She also mentioned dirty muddy water (which was from the rain in the previous several days and the muddy sections of some roads) -- and I will be responsible for the repair cost. I told her that since I was not offered to inspect the oil pump prior to renting, there was no way for me to know what was the condition of the oil pump, for all I know, the car could very well had an oil leak long before I picked up the car, therefore I would not pay for it. She had since charged $1,425.23 on my credit card which I have filed a dispute with my credit card company.

So there you have it -- Thrifty at Manzanillo airport used deceptive, low rates at Orbitz to lure renters, then charged the higher, normal rate once they showed up. Provided a beat-up junk that had numerous pre-existing mechanical problems through years of traveling the bumpy roads of Manzanillo. And, if something goes wrong as hoped and expected, then charge the renter for the repair costs. Sounds like a classical third world fraud to cheat the tourists.

Dollar / Thrifty Car Hireservice, care and reckless billing

This weekend I received through the mail a notification that my credit card was going to be charged approximately Pounds Sterling 380, for "repairs" to a car that was purportedly damaged during its rental period. The letter was addressed to "Mrs. Xcccc", how nice, I was not aware that I underwent a sex change along with all the other indignities showered upon me by Thrifty.

I was astonished, I could not have been more surprised. I have absolutely no idea what it is about, there was no sender information, return address or contact mentioned, it was sent to my wife and not me (and she did not rent or travel) just some information about an Insurance group I have never heard of.

Let me take this opportunity to review the sorry story that Thrifty put me through over this rental.

I arrived at the rental office around 12.30 pm on Friday October 24th. I automatically declined Insurance as my credit card company provides this. I was then told that I needed to provide proof of coverage. This is a first for me. From the website where I booked the car (The THIFTY site in the US) there was no mention of that requirement and I showed the sheet that I printed out to the sales rep, and he agreed it was not there, but in the end without it I was forced to pay the useless, unnecessary and costly Thrifty Insurance package. Unfortunately it was too late to go elsewhere for a vehicle.

After my car was readied, we noted the left front side tire had considerable scuff damage to the wheel and it was stated on the damage form. I started my drive to Hertfordshire. The car pulled very slightly to the left immediately, but I just thought it was a slightly low pressure tire which I would check at fuel fill up. After joining the M25 we continued clockwise, and then about 15 -20 miles into the trip the car started rumbling badly and pulling to the left strongly, so I pulled over to the hard shoulder. The front passenger side tire was flat.

I'd had a long trip but started to change the wheel, seeing there was a locknut on the wheel I looked for the key piece. I turned that car inside out looking for it, no key. Called the office they said I had to call emergency service. I asked if someone could instead come out with a new car and let me go on my way, but they refused to help. 2 HOURS LATER !!! the Jaguar emergency service arrived, found a correct key from their stock, and changed the tire to the compact spare. By this time, of course I was into rush hour. So I drove the 20 miles back to the renting office through the rush hour to change the car. Guess what, instead of apologizing and trying to expedite me on my way, they wanted to conduct a forensic on the tire !!! After they reviewed it they concluded it had just gone flat as there was no evidence of puncture or other damage.

The replacement car did not have operating navigation but otherwise was OK.

I then re-started my drive to my intended destination, of course now in the worst Friday evening traffic clockwise on the M25. I finally arrived at my destination at 7.00 pm that evening, having had to take 6 hours for a 45 minute journey. Upon returning the UNDAMAGED rental to the office at 7.00 am the following Wednesday, there was no shuttle to the airport for 30 minutes, I had to wait and pay for a taxi !!!

Not ONE WORD of apology, and guess what, a unsigned notification in the mail that I was going to be charged for damages. WHAT DAMAGES ?? Oh and a "thanks for your custom and we look forward to serving you in the near future".

• Ia
            Iain Gill Apr 27, 2009

I had a bad deal from Thrifty in Orlando, Florida and would not touch them again. They quoted the best price when I surfed the net but at the airport after a long over night flight quoted a much higher price and when I complained said "Welcome to Florida". The car I got had a mechanial fault but was fine for short journeys. It was after a few days replaced with no questions asked but the replacement car had a similar fault. The USA is the only part of the world I've had problems (I was wrongly charged for gas in San Fransisco - by another company -and the charge appeared well after the end of the hire) and I assumed it was the US that had the problem so it is interestring to hear of problems in London. Give Thrifty a bodyswerve.

Thrifty Car Rentalunauthorized billing

I (we) arrived at McCarran Airport about 12.30 am on 11/07/08 and agreed to add a driver to my reserved iternary for the total sum of $234.51 as documented. The attendant swiped my credit card and announced 'this card is not activated, give me another credit card', So I did. It was late and my being AA frequent flier accepted AA's promotion with Thrifty as honest.

The following day I called HSBC bank for inquiry and discovered: Unknown to me INSTEAD of $234.51 That $350.00 was immediately debited/collected by the Thrifty attendant WHO LIED collected the money, stating the card was not activated, documented my card inactive on the computer, then used my second credit card and froze $350.00 on a second card! He collected $115.49 overcharge+ froze $350.00 without explanation/my knowledge/consent. Also, I refused the GPS. insurance/any other offers.

On 11/07.08 I spent about $5.00 on my cell phone (as documented) calling Thrifty for explanation for the difference in prices, or credit without results. My friend and I drove to Thrifty's terminal at McCarran Airport where we rented the car and spoke to Thrifty's supervisor seeking my credit due... Although I showed my bill and requested an explanation for the difference of $350.00 debited instead of $234.51 there is no explanation!!

The supervisor looked in the computer and said' when you return the car with a full tank of gas, you'll get your refund... KNOWING I AM OVERCHARGED! I replied that I had contacted my bank with explanation. Also, stating the fact that I will pay ONLY $234.51 as documented and evidenced by my roommate whom paid an additional $70.00 as included in the total bill. Thus, Thrifty, left me no options and I reported the second credit card as: being lost/stolen with unauthorized $350.00 from the second card. Also, an overcharge of $115.49.

On 11/13/08 I (we) returned the rental to Thrifty at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas with a full tank of gas as promised, with a bill documenting $234.51. Then asked Terry (Customer Service) for an explanation of the overcharge of $115.49 on the first credit card that the attendant said was not activated plus a frozen $350.00 on my second credit card... He looked at my customer copy... then in his computer... stating that' according to the first check in attendant the first credit card was not activated... therefore, the second credit card was frozen.

I explained that THE BANK TOLD ME THAT UNKNOWN TO ME the attendant had ALREADY TAKEN OUT $350.00US Then told me the first card was inactive, charged me additional $115.49 THEN used my second card and froze $350.00 without explanation, authorization... All thrifty will say is 'we'll pay $350.00 frozen +$114.49. My bank first said 'it is between the merchant and you'. Then, we will honor the bill of $234.51. I am filing a complaint with The State Of Nevada's Attorney General, BBB+. Watch out for these guys especially late night travelers!

Thrifty Car Rentalabusive, incompetent employees

A chronological listing of the facts:

Upon arrival at the Thrifty car rental counter (6:45 p.m.), only one employee was visible (Desiree N. May), who was engaged in a cellular telephone conversation and clearly upset by the content of the phone conversation. After waiting patiently for over ten minutes, Ms. May ended the cellular phone call and rudely demanded in a loud voice to see my license and credit card. I provided both, along with a copy of the rental reservation confirmation notice. Ms. May pushed the rental confirmation away, yelling "This reservation was canceled", without even checking the reservation status on the computer. I replied that I had not canceled the reservation and that there must be an error. Ms. May then checked the computer, sighed loudly, rolled her eyes, and abruptly left the rental counter area.

Five minutes later (7:10 p.m.) Ms. May returned and informed me that there would be a delay, since I had canceled the reservation. I repeated that I had not canceled the reservation. Ms. May again abruptly left the counter area.

Five minutes later (7:15 p.m.) Ms. May returned to the rental counter and informed me that they did not have a rental car available and would need to get another one ready, since I had canceled the reservation. I repeated, again, that I had not canceled the reservation. Ms. May abruptly left the counter area.

(7:20 p.m.) Ms. May returned to the counter and informed me that my cancellation of the reservation was causing extra work and delays. I once again repeated that I had not canceled the reservation, and that there must be a mistake in the computer. Ms. May abruptly left the counter area.

(7:25 p.m.) Ms. May returned to the counter and informed me that the problem with the reservation was not a computer problem, that I had canceled the reservation and forgot. Ms. May then abruptly left the rental counter area.

(7:30 p.m.) Ms. May returned to the counter. I asked that my credit card be returned so I could obtain a rental car from another car rental company. At this point, three additional Thrifty employees (previously unseen) arrived at the counter area and began screaming obscenities and racial slurs at me simultaneously.

(7:32 p.m.) I left the Thrifty counter area to avoid any potential confrontation.

(7:34 p.m.) I called the Thrifty national customer service 800 number to verify that no charges were applied to my credit card, to cancel the reservation, and to complain about the poor customer service. Thrifty answered that the reservation was active, but they would cancel it.

(7:40 p.m.) I obtained a rental car from Avis Car Rental, directly across the aisle from Thrifty.

(7:45 p.m.) I observed a Thrifty Car Rental employee positioning one of their rental cars so as to block my car from leaving the parking lot.

(7:50 p.m.) I asked the Thrifty employee to move the blocking vehicle so I could depart. He refused to move the blocking vehicle.

(7:55 p.m.) I called the Kansas City Police Department for assistance in getting my vehicle unblocked

(8:00 p.m.) I returned to the Thrifty counter area to request that they move their vehicle so I could depart, before the police that I had contacted arrived, so we could avoid police involvement. They once again refused to move the blocking vehicle. I returned to the parking lot to await the arrival of the police.

(8:11 p.m.) The Kansas City Police arrive on the scene and served me with a violation notice for "disturbing the peace". As the police arrived, the Thrifty employee who had positioned the blocking vehicle removed the vehicle so my car was no longer blocked. He then told the police that my vehicle had never been blocked, that I had been loud and abusive and "just looking for trouble".

(8:25 p.m.) The Kansas City Police finished writing their report and allowed me to enter my car

(8:30 p.m.) I departed the rental car parking lot, one hour and 45 minutes following my arrival at the Thrifty counter and with a violation notice in hand.

The above facts speak for themselves. Never have I been treated so badly as a customer by the abusive and incompetent staff of Thrifty Car Rental in Kansas City. Needless to say, this once loyal Thrifty customer will never do business with them again. I will go out of my way to avoid Thrifty Car Rental for the rest of my life, and encourage anyone with any self respect to do the same. What happened to me that night, at the hands of Thrifty Car Rental, is inexcusable.

• Dt
                dtaginformant Mar 11, 2011

Yes, I am a current Dollar Employee (who works on the bottom end of the Totem Pole) and The rental agents are bad, they only upgrade you if they want to go to bed with you. Otherwise they will grab you the worst car on the lot, also the managers have fired employees for no reason at all. The managers protect the Rental Agents too, I have seen it done with a customer. Plus the headquarters dont give us any raises and 2010 was our best year in the companys 61 year history, we brought in over 100 million dollars more than the previous highest year.

• Da
                Dave Fix Apr 06, 2009

Im glad you got a ticket...you should get another one for writing a B.S. story.

Terry L. Maddox Mar 02, 2009

Proud to say I have not done business with Thrifty (or their partner, Dollar) for over sixteen months now, and counting. Hell will freeze over before they get any of my business again.

• Ro
                ron brown Oct 09, 2008

One guess allowed!!!

THEY WERE BLACK, RIGHT?

Thrifty Car Rental — cost of insurance

I've rented an automobile from Thrifty Car Rental at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. The vehicle wa...

Thrifty Car Rentalsurprise fees

Stay away from these people. Do not ever get a car with Thrifty!
              This is the worst service I have ever had. I called on Sat. to reserve a car. I explained that I was renting a car because my car was needing repair and that I did not know how long the repair would take. The customer service rep did NOT explain that if I did turned the car in eariler I would have to pay an early return fee. When I got to the airport I found out that if i returned the car early there would be a $15 fee. I then told the clerk I did not think this was fair since the reservations person had not mentioned this. She then stated that she was telling me now and that it was on the contact. This hardly was helpful then since I had already gone to the airport to get the rental car. She became rude and I did not appreciate her attitude. This was a horrible experience. I also think this is fraud because NO ONE told me at the time of the reservation that the early return of the car would require an extra fee. DO NOT RENT FROM THRIFTY - I never will again.

Terry L. Maddox Dec 05, 2008

Dollar/Thrifty hires incompetent staff and abuses its customers. Do business with anyone else you can.

• Ru
                  Ruffen Cotton Sep 14, 2008

A cousin from a different state rented a Thrifty car and entered my telephone number for her "contact person", without my knowledge or permission. The cousin was stopped by the Ga. State police and institutionalized, and the car was impounded. Thrifty called me, and I informed them of the little facts that I knew solely because I had been called by the Ga. State police. Thrifty then entered my telephone number into their automatic dialing system, and called my home every day for the next 2 weeks. When I returned their call and asked to have my number removed from their system, their employee who identified herself as Crea refused.

Thrifty Car Rental — unethical business practices

Thrifty Car Rental - www.thrifty.com I was quoted an excellent rate of $19.66/day for a mid sized vehicle...

Thriftylicense photocopying

To Whom It May Concern:

On March 4, 2007, I rented a car at the San Diego Airport Thrifty location. During the check-in process I noticed that the counter agent placed my license in a little black box. When I asked why, she said that a copy of my license was being made. I was not informed at any time beforehand that a copy of my license would be made and I am not aware of this process with any other rental car agencies. I was not told why or what the copy is used for, the agent deceptively, though politely, just changed topics. I think it would be nice if customers were informed when a copy was made of their license and why it was done. Also, why did it appear that it was not done for everyone that rented at the time. I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Regards,
                Kelvin R. Franklin

• Yo
                    Yougot Scammed Mar 12, 2007

Did you call Thrifty Customer Service? Did you go to their online site to see what terms and conditions were and what ID is required?

Confirm with them if this is policy. If not, report the person who copied your license and also tell Thrifty that you will file a police report with the local police in the jurisdiction of that rental place. Filing a police report gives you some protection in case your ID was stolen and you are asked to cover any fraudulent charges in a court of law.

Thrifty Car Rental — they don't like dutch people!

August 4, 2006 10:30 pm. Had a confirmed reservation with a dutch address and passport at Thrity St Loui...