Thredup.comthey even have an f rating on the bbb

I

I would only go to this site to use your free $10 credit and then run! But whatever you do, do not get scammed into sending them your nice name brand clothes in that handy huge bag they send you for free. That's how they get ya! They sent me a bag and told me to stuff it full and send it back for free and they would pay me top dollar for my clothes. BS! They paid me for someone else's crap! I didn't get a cent from the actual clothes I sent them!! I see them listed on their site but they're not even crediting me for them. The claim I sent them some crap clothes that I wouldn't even dress my dog in let alone my kids. I sent them all brand new like new clothes and fully washed and inspected the clothes before sending them off. There were no holes, stains or rips and they were all brand name clothes. They paid me $9 for someone else's clothes! I got screwed! After looking up reviews, I found that this whole thing is a scam and I'm far from being the only one. Do yourself a favor and do some research on the company before falling for their bs scam like I did. Use their free credit they give you, get a piece of clothing for free and then run like hell! SCAM SCAM SCAM! They even have an F rating on the BBB!

• El
    eltruTenotsenihR Oct 07, 2021

What they sell, I wouldn’t donate-stained and unwearable. ThredUp sent me the wrong item with food on it. Wrong brand, style, etc from the order, and there is no way to contact ThredUp. If I returned the wrong item, I would owe ThredUp money! There is no way to get a refund. If you want to ship it back for free, you are forced to use a store credit instead of a refund.

• Da
    DawnMS Aug 22, 2013

There is false advertising happening here. You may not be SELLING your clothes to thredup…you may just be TRADING them for store credit. Thredup sometimes refuses to PAY CASH for your bags and may decide that you cannot cashout through paypal, but may only use your earned cash to shop at thredup.

• Ki
    KimmyW Mar 26, 2013

ThredUP definitely doesn't have an F on the Better Business Bureau - they actually have an A:

• El
    eltruTenotsenihR Oct 07, 2021

@KimmyW Umm..You must work for them. They sell clothes I wouldn’t donate, stained and unwashed. They ship the wrong item and charge you $2 to restock and $9 to ship back unless you want a credit to buy more trash. I received the wrong item, and would owe ThredUp money if I sent it back. There is not way to contact.

• Xt
    XtremeQpon.com Dec 28, 2012

SCAM SCAM SCAM! I was quoted $41 on my bag from a local resell store...sent it into ThredUp and was paid $10.25. Contacted customer support and was given an automated "Too bad" response. Was told my items had stains, rips and wear when they DID NOT! I checked every item.

• Ki
    Killare Dec 20, 2012

Complete scam... I would be careful about this company. They have a ton of complaints on the BBB website. I found their clothes overpriced and worn looking and if you send them clothes they keep some of the nicest ones and tell you they had stains or rips so they don’t have to pay you for them. Just a tip.