Tetracycline / Maker Pfizerteeth stained by tetracycline

G

Mother's who are pregnant and take Tetracycline there newborn will have dark grey, brown stained teeth for life.
Kids who are given Tetracycline before the age of 9 will have stained teeth for life. Any Dentist you go to will tell you the problem is on the inside of the Enamel therefore bleaching will do nothing to fix the problem.

Pfizer knew of this problem back in the 50s, 60s and early 70s But from research Doctors didn't know. Pfizer should start a FUND to compensate victims to have there stained teeth fixed, They made Millions if not Billions from the sale of Tetracycline. Our Doctors gave this to our Mother's while Pregnant or too us as kids before the age of 9, So it's only right that our teeth get fixed at their cost.

Pfizer has been contacted concerning this matter and suppose to respond back but never have.
Chances are you're reading this because either you or someone you know or love is suffering from this condition, I say suffering because that is exactly what it's called because I have the same problem.
During my School years I was teased and made fun of and bullied because I was different, yes gray stained teeth, My sister was also.

It prevented some Women and Men from becoming Models, It prevented some of us from applying or getting certain jobs because they expected nice smiles. For example do you think that a company who sells dental products wants to hire a sales person who smiles with gray teeth. Or an advertisement company hire someone to be in a commercial and when they smile all people see is Gray teeth. No, No.
Peoples with Stained teeth from Tetracycline will not smile and show there teeth during pictures. Some people who suffer from this even put there hand over there mounth when laughing.

Pfizer isn't suffering...With Billions in the Bank they are far from suffering, But will they do the right thing ??
Please click the link below and sign the petition asking Pfizer to change and start a FUND to fix our teeth. Have everyone you know to sign please. Thank You.

teeth stained by tetracycline

• Ne
    NeverGiveUp21 Oct 28, 2013

Im a 17 year old female who so badly wishes that she could get a nice, beautiful, and normal white smile just like everyone else her age. I cant laugh without covering my mouth or looking down. Its very embarrassing when I catch people get a glimpse of my yellow/brown stained teeth. With today's trendy fashion involving red lipstick, I wish I could participate in it but cant due to the red lipstick making my teeth stand out even more. Its a sad life that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

• Ka
    karma4karen Dec 16, 2015

The very 1st thing I would like to say is...HEY PFIZER, WOULD YOU HIRE SOMEONE TO SIT AT THE FRONT DESK, IN THE LOBBY...OR ANYWHERE FOR THAT MATTER, OF ONE OF YOUR BIG OFFICE BUILDINGS, THAT WAS GIVEN TETRACYCLINE? WOULD YOU HIRE THEM TO REPRESENT YOUR COMPANY??!!! A drug that you push, yet hid, the life altering effects it would have on the recipients!! That's what I thought! I am horrified that Pfizer has not willingly attempted to help those of us who have been scarred for life from a product that they knew damn well would cause such pain. It's not just jobs/careers in modeling or selling dental products that should be mentioned...in fact I find that insulting. It's ANY JOB/CAREER!!! It all starts by being ostracized as children. The name calling, bullying, lack of friends, as no one wants to be friends with someone who's different or "doesn't brush their teeth". I could go on and on about how detrimental the treatment we received as children in the most developmental years of our lives. It was also not only by other children but adults as well. Unless you experienced it personally, you CAN NOT even imagine the way we were treated, looked at and judged. This wasn't something braces or bleaching could fix and as children, well we just couldn't understand why we were treated so badly. Getting into adulthood is a whole new set of problems. Nowhere...I mean NOWHERE will hire someone who looks like they have terrible hygiene habits. It doesn't matter one iota how great the rest of your appearance may be, once you smile, everything else goes right out the window. The other big judgement is that your a drug user. You have bad hygiene habits or use drugs, period! You could be the best in whatever line of work you've chosen to do, but still can't get a job because nobody...NOBODY wants you to represent their company with teeth that look like ours. I could rant and rage about the horrors this infliction has caused, but will still not be heard by the company that caused it. I just recently found out Pfizer knew about this life altering side effect and plan to do everything I can possibly do to get them to pay for what they've done! I can't believe they've gotten away with it for this long! That something hasn't taken place yet to have them take responsibility. I'm just sick to my stomach over this. I'll say it 1 more time...HEY PFIZER...WOULD YOU HIRE SOMEONE TO REPRESENT YOUR COMPANY WITH TETRACYCLINE TEETH!

• Fe
    fernlilli May 15, 2016

I was prescribed Tetracycline as a young child in the 1970's. My teeth turned grey and yellowed. Through the years my
    teeth have decayed from the inside out. Literally a tooth looks healthy, but then breaks off from decay and my dentist can't save it. I have payed for crowns they are a waste of money. I always brushed as a child. Twice daily. I wasn't a soda drinker my Mom wouldn't allow it. Sweets were only for holidays.
    Is there anyway to get compensation for getting the extensive dental work needed to save my remaining teeth or get implants?

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices