Having problems with Telkom SA SOC?

Telkom SA SOC reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 16, 2006. The latest review Telkom WiFi was posted on Oct 13, 2021. The latest complaint Excess fee pid claim not followed up on was resolved on Jul 07, 2020. Telkom SA SOC has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2309 reviews. Telkom SA SOC has resolved 35 complaints.

Telkom SA SOC Customer Service Contacts

2nd Floor, Telkom Mobile Building, 92 Oak Avenue, Highveld Park
Centurion

South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Telkom SA SOC Customer Service. Initial Telkom SA SOC complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Telkom SA SOC above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Telkom SA SOC. Discuss the issues you have had with Telkom SA SOC and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Telkom SA SOC Complaints & Reviews, Page 96

Telkompoor service

I logged a fault of my ADSL line on 20/12/2016. ref no: 592CNK201216.
On 28/12/2016 - I was given escalation number 934456 after explaining that this is a business line and it needs to be fixed urgently. To date, my line is still not sorted. I call Telkom almost every day and am told that a technician is still not assigned to this fault. This kind of service is pathetic and unacceptable to say the least. Your call center agents are never helpful and keeps cutting me off when i ask to speak to a supervisor who can give me an answer. It is shocking that we must wait so long and still be expected to pay our line rental in full. This is actually not the first time this has happened. Telkom sucks at their customer service!!!

Telkom SA SOCfault reported on 9 december 2016 for no internet as at 9 january 2017 fault has not been fixed

Fault was logged on 9 December with the following # 1035CRK091216. Technicians came out on 12 December and left without the fault being identified or fixed. Several calls have been made to follow up on the fault and each time a different answer is given. Apparently fault has been escalated but that also means nothing. One answer was I should fix the problem myself by doing some kind of bypass - no idea what this meant. There is no information on Telkom's side of what the issue is and no one seems to care either. I should not have to keep phoning to find out what is happening especially as when I do the response is utter nonsense.

Telkom SA SOC — cancellation

On the 30th August I submitted a cancellation form and received confirmation back to say it had been...

Telkom SA SOCadsl line slow and no service

I reported my line [protected] on 17 sept 2016 ref 35brk100916 since then I have had 3 tech guys come out and still no internet or .5 megs per second speed.
      The following are the ref no I have received as well as escalations.
      11crk300916, 21crk101016, 609crk101016, 609crk121016, 322crk190116, 449crk061216 escalation 92160, 109ark191219
      And finally this year 23crk040117 escalation 939214. I have received no conformation as to when someone will attend to my problem. This is disgusting service. My bill stays the same and my internet at this stage is non existant. Last week cost me r2500 for data to keep my company going as all work related information is in the cloud. Please could someone assist.

Telkom SA SOClte mobile internet

I signed a 24 month contract for uncapped Mobile Internet with Telkom. Speeds advertised as up to 90mb/s.

In the first month, I got speeds of around 8mb/s. Now in month 5, the service has degraded so much, that I currently only receive 0.6mb/s speeds.

There are a large number of the exact same type of complaint online, without any response from Telkom.

The service from Telkom is absolutely shocking. I will never use a Telkom product again.

Telkom SA SOC — cancelled contract case number [protected]

Took a contract on Sony experia Z2 which had a fault on speaker. Took the phone back to the [protected]@reds branch...

Telkom SA SOCpoor service

I took a contract with Telkom in November and advised the agent that was assisting me that I wanted to keep my number which was already on Pre paid with Telkom. To date my prepaid number has been blocked from the 9th Dec 2016. Today I was advised that by the incompetent call centre agents that my Pre paid number is no longer available and it has been absorbed by another network?????Like how does that happen. I'm so frustrated by Telkom the level of incompetence for such a huge corporation is really amazing. I want my old number back if they are unable to do that then I want the contract cancelled because they have been nothing short of a nightmare.

Desired outcome:
          I want the Pre paid number to be ported to contract
          If that can't be done I want my number back and for them to cancel the contract.

Telkom SA SOCno telephone line since 17 nov

Our telephone line is out of order since 17 November 2016.
            Everytime we follow up with Telkom, we are advised that they give feedback. We never get feedback and they will have the same excuse everyday.
            According to them the line was fixed which is not true.
            Now apparently the call has been escalated but we still don't have positive feedback and still the same empty promises

Telkom SA SOCadsl line faulty

Adsl line went, reported the problem on 30 Dec 2016. Followed up on 31 Dec 2016 and advised that the fault has been assigned to a technician.

Followed up on 3 Jan 2017 and the agent said that a technician attended to the problem, but the fault is beyond his scope of work and will be referred to the right technician. The washing escalated and ref# 938170.

On 4 Jan 2017, a different agent gave a similar report as on 3 Jan 2017.

On 5 Jan 2017, another agent advised that the technician that was assigned to the job is on leave and has been since 28 Dec 2016. He tried to get the job assigned to somebody else. I called again in the afternoon, a different agent said that the job was successfully removed from the technician on leave, but not assigned to the next technician.

On 6 Jan 2017, another agent said that the job is not yet allocated an assignor let alone a technician. I called again in the afternoon, a different agent gave me the story of 3 Jan 2017 and beginning to think that these agents are deliberately lying.

I feel like I'm begging for service. Telkom is rendering very poor service. Unbelievably poor service. The worst thing is that they tell me that I must just wait and the technician will eventually get to me someday.

Christian Muller Jan 06, 2017

You lucky. My line been down since 15 dec and still waiting reaolutions. Each time some other BS story they tell.

Telkom SA SOCtelkom poor service

Good day, my contract was taken out on the 29 october 2016. Firstly, it took 3 weeks for my telkom prepaid number to be ported to my contract.
                Since then I have no mobile data and today is the 06 january 2017. I do not have internet, cannot access emails, wats app, bbm, facebook etc. The only thing I can do is make and receive calls and sms's.
                I have been to the pavilion store numerous times. I have contacted customer care many, many times. Unfortunately no one is able to help ask they say they will give a case number and mark it as urgent. Finally asked to speak to the manager at customer care and he passed on the problem to another department and was told the manager there would contact me. Too date no one has contacted me.
                I was so frustated that I decided to cancel the contract. The cancellation form was handed to the manager of the telkom branch and he said someone would call. And no one has contacted me since.
                The question is, is there someone who is able to help? Cos I am out of options now. This is frustating and totally unacceptable.
                No one seems to have the sense of urgency to sort this problem. The question is, how can I pay for a service that I cannot use which is part of the contractual aggreement. I had enough.

Telkom SA SOCi am complaining about a poor customer service I am receiving since I started a contract with telkom and mondo

I started using my contract phone (j 1 with 2sims provided )in 26th October 2016 and I supposed to pay a premium of 158 as per agreed contract

By November I received an sms telling me to make a payment of 574.00 to Telkom to avoid network irritation. It was towards end of November and a week after was 2nd December I received another sms telling me to make a payment of 1458.00!

I called Telkom to find out and they explained that it's the extra calls I made after my minutes were used up and the rest is debit bounce .
                  I'm not aware of that because we never even agree about the dates of debit since they haven't even told me when will they start debit.
                  I told them that upon signing my contract I told the sales lady not once that I don't need any cent beyond my premium and she agreed on that so I were not aware that I should have called Telkom upon my receiving my parkage since we agreed with my sales lady. I lodged a complaint to mondo about that to verify my agreement when signing up a contract.
                  I'm 19 December I received an sms from mondo telling me that they finalized my case and I'm the one who agreed to the lady when she told me to call Telkom should I receive my package. I asked them to send me a record information about it because it is so false that she told me

Now today I just opened my invoice and I noticed the credit of 831 approximately which I don't know about it until I called Telkom customer service to find out that this was a refund upon my case I lodged!

My questions are: why I wasn't contacted about this lately outcome since I was complaining with no results on it .
                  Who has reversed the funds (Telkom or Mondo )and why couldn't they give me a report back about it since the case was closed.
                  I'm so unhappy with such conditions and trully I don't guarantee anything that it can go fine with my contract with Telkom and Mondo because there is completely poor or no communication at all

Telkom SA SOCservice and billing

17 December 2016 my contract ended I still had data and minutes Telkom gave Me additional data and minutes in December I decided that I needed to take up a contract to upgrade my device I took this up thinking that my data and all will move over after all it's one service provider. I took up a contract on the 23rd of December was told nothing about forfeiting my data or minutes but was told that a limit should be set and a prorata amount of data will be given to me and a prorata amount will be debited my Husband got the statement yesterday it's shows the bill for end January will be over R900 which is rediculous. I would've understood if I didn't have a limit set and if it was an open line but it's not I was forced to buy data to test the phone as the first device was faulty I want Telkom to take responsibility for their faults and the compansate us out list data back and spent money for data and to look into this matter thoroughly a lady Andiswa called me and said she will send the matter back to the store for the store to get back to me after I initially registered a complaint with the Southgate store I feel this is Telkoms way of making money from me I can not stand for this unfair treatment I get no answers only demands from Telkom. I don't see my case as unnecessary but very reasonable and want this matter resolved before my debit goes off on the 25th. If any additional information is required please contact me C Jones

Telkom SA SOCtelkom store gateway

I signed up a new contract in november and was promised a 32g memory stick as part of the deal. There was no stock at the time - which I understand and accept.
                      However, I have been back three times and waited in their long queues. On the last occasion, they had stock but the agent was busy and asked his colleague who was idle to process release of the memory stick. She felt it was too much work and refused.
                      I asked to speak to the manager who was out. I asked that he call me. She said they had my number and would call.
                      I went back and gave my number again to another staff member requesting that the manager call me. This time I took down the names of all people I have dealt with:
                      Siyabonga cele, pranitha singh, and kuvesan govender who took down my details and promised that the manager would call me. Needless to say, the manager has not yet called - a week later.
                      This has been going on since early november. Is this how telkom hopes to build a brand?

Telkom SA SOCwrong billing

On the 11th of November 2016 Telkom advertised the Galaxy S7 Edge deals via their online shop for R449 per month.
                        My first attempt to purchase the phone was via their online store where I captured my details however decided to visit a branch instead where I could purchase the phone immediately. My first stop was at Cresta branch on the same day where they referred me to clearwater mall. At clearwater mall I was assisted by Doneigh. I showed the consultant the online shop deal and she assured me that I would pay R449 as per the online shop advertisement. She looked on her computer and could not found the deal hence said that she would log an online request for online shop to contact me back and that in the mean time we should proceed with the purchase. She also advised that I should not complete the amount on the contract. Before I signed she advised that a pro rata fee would be charged and from January R449 would be debited from my statement. When the 1st statement arrived I called the call centre to query my billing amount. The consultant advised that a pro rata fee was charged hence the amount of R1000 plus was charged and that there after R449 would be charged. I left it there. This month I received a statement for R549. I called the call centre again and they referred me to the clearwater mall branch. When I got there all consultants denied that they ever had such a deal. The lady who assisted me just wanted to brush me off and advised that there is nothing she can do to assist.
                        Before I purchased the phone I researched all service providers including telkom. Telkom offered the cheapest deal in the galaxy s7 edge hence I visited the branch. I know the difference between the s7 edge and s7 and once again I can read. When I went to the Cresta branch I even showed the lady the deal via online as she was also not sure what I was talking about. The time I went there was about past 6pm for 7pm. The lady wanted to assist me however the gentlemen spoke to her in veneck then she advised that they were out of stock and therefore referred me to clearwater mall.
                        I am very disappointed with your service and it's though I am lying as to what I saw via your online shop. What frustrates me more is that the lady at clearwater told me that they don't work with telkom online as they are not one shop.
                        At telkom clearwater I was provided with wrong information and feel mislead as I saw the edge deal for R449.

Please trace all the calls I made to the call centre and please advise on your online deals for early November.

Telkom SA SOCadsl and telephone line

Fault reference 296CWK141216 for telephone line [protected] has reference.

This problem of no phone line or ADSL has been logged 14 December 2016. Has been taken up numerously with the Customer Care Department. They have promised every time that a technician will contact me and it is with their Cable Department. No response to date, only apologies from Customer Care and promises that they will escalate the problem.

No means to contact the technician or cable department to find out what is the estimated target date for this repair, it has been mentioned by Customer Care that it is a batch problem(number of ushers effected). This situation is becoming a major problem for me due to my line of work in the SANDF. Please help.

Your assistance will be appreciated
                          Daniel Sutherland

Telkom SA SOCservice/repairs

I logged a complaint on the 28th of november 2016 after 3 weeks of calling everyday to get them to fix the problem they closed the fault without fixing it. I re-logged the complaint on the 3rd of december 2016 and they closed it. Again I re-logged on the 21st of dec 2016 and still waiting for service repairs.

They refuse to let you talk to a manager and they refuse to fix the fault. I am paying for a service I am not getting. I would like repairs on my line and credit for the service lost. Reference numbers are 17btk031216 and 412ctz211216 and escalation number 114014.

Telkom SA SOCphone line and dsl down

Account number [protected].
                              01/12/2016 - reported a fault 217ctk011216. Spent 17:45 on the phone to log the call
                              05/12/2016 - got an sms saying fault at repair devision.
                              06/12/2016 - call telkom just to find out that the call have been closed. Spent 13:59 on the phone to relog the call
                              06/12/2016 - got sms saying fault was restored.
                              06/12/2016 - reported a new fault 739ctk061216.
                              14/12/2016 - got an sms saying fault at repair devision.
                              20/12/2016 - called telkom te find out the status of the call. Spent 12:56 on the phone to log the call
                              21/12/2016 - got an sms saying fault at repair devision.
                              23/12/2016 - got an sms saying fault at repair devision.
                              03/01/2017 - call telkom just to find out that the call have been closed.
                              03/01/2017 - got sms saying fault was restored.
                              03/01/2017 - reported a new fault 192ctk030117. Spent 12:16 on the phone to log the call

Telkom SA SOC — adsl and phone line down

Our adsl and phone line has been down from 23 dec. Fault ref 402ctk231612. After numerous calls to there call...

Telkom SA SOCadsl line not working

My adsl line [protected] has been giving us problems for 2 months now. I have a 10mb line that started running at 2mb. I reported the fault to telkom in november, which in turn send the dumbest technician they could find to solve the problem. This i####t said its not my line but my router that is faulty. I replaced the router... Wow to my surprise... The problem still exists... I reported the fault again... And again another technician was send out. Very clued up, but could not fix the problem, as there is a noise on the line, and the guy that has to fix it is on december leave. So, we carried on with our 2mb line (Which, if i may add is costing me the same as a 10mb line). On the 27th of december, they send another i#### out to check the problem. This i#### disconnected my adsl line from their junction box. We have been trying for a whole week (7 days) to get these @#%$ i####s to connect my adsl line again... Guess what... No one has done it. Every time a different excuse. We have requested to speak to a manager... But they are to high and mighty to take any calls. So how do we rectify this???

Telkom SA SOCvoucher not accepted

I purchased my prepaid voucher Value R200 at Pick n Pay to renew my subscription for the year on the 31 December 2016.
                                  The prompts on the voucher where followed, the pin was not accepted. Telkom was phoned on the 31 December, spoke to Zandile Dyantyi who was very helpful and tried to load the pin, was not accepted. Zandile sent me the email she had sent to rectify this problem, as yet I have had no reply
                                  (4 January 2017)
                                  Today 4th January 2017 I went to the Customer Center and was told there is nothing they can do as I purchased the voucher from Pick n Pay, the pin was not accepted there as well. I had to buy another R105. This is not acceptable if you want Pick n Pay to sell airtime please let the pin work.
                                  Am I now going to loose my R200 that is a lot of money for me.
                                  I will definitely not be recommending Telkom. Everyone I know will hear about this.
                                  Landline Number: [protected]