Telkom SA — accounts department

Telkom have charged me for a line rental when the telephone was not working,
whilst disputing the accounts record and calling many times I have received a non-existant service and the communication between their technical fault and accounts department has been abismal!

They have now transferred the matter onto a debt collector as they are unable to answer my questions regarding the account.

Such a pity that we have only one Telecommunications provider in SA. We need competition!

• Na
    Navarra2.5 Oct 23, 2018

CUSTOMER CARE :TELKOM 23/10/2018

TELKOM ACC. No. [protected]. Mr C J de Klerk, 17 Barbet. Crescent, Aston Bay.

Good day,
    On 7 June 2018, your office was contacted via telephone and informed that I no longer wanted Soft cap ( 20 GB) and that I was going to get uncapped from MWEB but that I was going to keep the telephone line and according to MWEB the ADSL line must be placed in a holding cell. I was informed that the soft cap was cancelled and I would be responsible for the payment of the softcap up to 7 June 2018 but up to date I am still being billed for this service.

Furthermore these deductions are still ongoing :
    Closer callcatcher :                                R    8, 64
    Telkom Evening W/Ender Plan :            R   6, 27
    Softcap (20GB)  :                                   R 86, 84
    Why are these amounts still being deducted after cancelling this on 7 June 2018. This is the reason why I prefer to send emails because I then have proof. Telkom is as far as I am concerned a deceitful company, or is it just plain incompetency. Firstly why is there not an email address available for our queries.
    Telkom does not adhere to our requests, I will be placing this on Social media. I personally feel that I should contact Carte Blanche so that they can investigate Telkom because if I read all these complaints online, it clearly shows that Telkom is a huge problem. I am sure they will have a field day.
    I request that I be refunded from 7 June 2018 until up to date, I will also be handing this over to my legal adviser.
    Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Regards

Christie de Klerk

• Jl
    JL Hanekom Oct 22, 2018

Good day Telkom.

You have no cancellation options on your web.
    My account was closed at your Telkom office in Alberton in August: Reference no: [protected].

Account No: [protected]

I am still receiving monthly bills after removing my handset. NO MORE CALLS ARE MADE OR RECEIVED ON MY LANDLINE NUMBER.
    I am awaiting finalization of this account from you and a return of my deposit paid in 1995

• Le
    Leemora Jun 11, 2018

I really sick i just got my mobile telekom account now they have billed me more, you try to get hold of then its impossible i wish i could just cancel this nonsense contract.

• Sl
    slingsby Jun 05, 2018

in September 2017 i cancelled ADSL and took mobile lte which is working
    After 7 months they finally cancelled the ADSL and my land line and email on the form handed to me it is stated not to disconnect land line
    and email
    I have made approx. 60 telephone calls to Telkom to all the departments nobody seems to what is going on i had been told it is in hand now after nearly 8 months still no land line emails, came back
    I have been charged for the use of ADSL for 7 months still no feed back
    The last two case numbers Monday 7th May [protected] Friday 11th may [protected] there are many many more
    Persons that i have spoken to have no idea what they should do and i have had phone put down on me or told to phone another dept who tell me back again

I have been without security for the above period which i have paid for my I.D number [protected] tele no in question [protected]

Chantel Fredericks May 17, 2018

Good day

Please help as I'm now at my wits end and don't seem to get any where with Telkom.

On 23/03/2018 I applied online for Unlimited Wifi package of R599.00 p/m. 29/03/2018 I received a sms advising me of my password, email address etc. This I found strange as the router still needed to be installed.

I called Telkom 10213 and was advised my application was still pending.
    12/04/2018 I received my bill and was charged R418.80 for the Wifi. How is it possible to be charged for a product I don't have. Each time I made enquiries I was told my application was still pending.
    27/04/2018 I went into the Promenade Mitchells Plain Telkom store enquiring my bill and charge of R418.80. The consultant advised he could see my application was pending and proceeded to give me a router and told me to install it and call 10213 for connection. I thought the procedure was easy enough đŸ˜…and called the number only to be told they do not have technicians available on a public holiday.
    27/04/2018 called 10210 to reverse the charge for R418.80 as I have no router and there was no connection
    28/04/2018 Called and was informed the technician would call me back Monday for an appointment.
    Monday 30/04/2018. No call, now I have a router which still have to be installed and no connection. Later that same morning I tried to cancel everything and was on hold for almost 1hour. I as told to cancel online which I proceeded to do 02/05/2018. Reference number TIN3274281 : [protected]
    02/05/2018 - complained on Hello Peter and only received a response on 14/05/2018 - Your Reference: AI3065751
    04/05/2018 - Followed up and spoke to Rowena and once again had to go through the process to cancel
    15/05/2018 received my latest invoice. My account is R2291.64. April charge have not yet been reversed. I was also charged for the router yet they advertised FREE router and installation. The sales agent should have informed me that I will be charged.
    With all my calls and reference numbers they not cancelling this product and neither reversing any charges and now I'm sitting with an account of over R2000. By the way I'm still waiting for a technician to call for installation and connection. So they continuing charging me for a a service I don't have.

Ann Bok Apr 26, 2018

Seems to me that Telkom has BIG problems. I am trying to pay an account on line but to no avail. Not one bank account no. can I find on the net and when I go to ABSA to pay they are listed but the bank account no. for Telkom is incorrect!!!

PRIVATE companies what are you waiting for. Telkom has far to big a finger in the telecommunications pie. to care what their service is like.

• Ca
    cathy123456789 Feb 13, 2018

After waiting 1.5months for a refund I am now told that I cant have any money refunded as it will be used for my next billing. I am currently sitting in debt and arrears to my home-loan thanks to Telkom.. Any lawyers able to assist me? "their so called all calls recorded" should be able to prove that an agent assured me I would not be debited.

Sandra Clouston Jan 31, 2018

On the 18th of December 2017 I reported that our internet was not working and the faults department confirmed that the line was not synchronising and logged the faults have been in contact with the faults department every day to find out when a technician will be coming out the escalated the fault and said that a technician would be coming out to sort it out no one came so I contacted faults again and the said the technician was on leave and re escalated the fault. Someone contacted me on the 27th on the land line and asked if the land line was working I said yes but the fault is not the land line but the Internet / wifi and that is still not working. And they said a technician would be there the same day no one came, on the 30th Jan 17 I contacted Faults they said a technician cleared the fault no one came and fixed it so they now say the re logging it in the mean time I have to pay for the internet I have not had from the 13th Dec 2017. If I don’t pay they will suspend my line and a credit will only be passed once the fault is fixed, I asked how much longer must I wait they said they don’t have a turnaround time. I have Urgent medical bills to sort out and I can’t do this please advise when someone can fix the fault as my husband and I are pensioners with heart problems. We have not had contact with my children overseas over Christmas and New year and this has happened 3 years in a row. The call centre made me change wires around a few time on the 30/01/17 and said we must go to a Telkom office, he can’t help us. I am very disappointed with the way I have been treated. Please send some to fix my internet. Please contact me on [protected] - [protected]

• Ca
    Carol-Lindsay Mar 07, 2017

TRYING TO GET THE R700 RFUND FOR MY 90 YEAR OLD AUNT IN A FRAIL CARE HOME. HOW COMPLICATED CAN THIS BE FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!? I'VE BEEN BATTLING WITH TELKOM TO REFUND HER DEPOSIT FOR TWO MONTHS NOW SINCE HER LINE WAS CANCELLED. FURTHERMORE, SHE HAD NO WORKING LINE FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER 2016 AND NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT IN SPITE OF REPORTING IT. YET THEY INSISTED I MUST PAY FOR THE LINE RENTAL BEFORE THEY WOULD REFUND HER DEPOSIT. I'VE PHONED, VISITED THE TELKOM OFFICE, EMAILED DOZENS OF TIMES AND NO ONE SEEMS TO BE INTERESTED IN HELPING ME. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO THESE ILLEGALLY WITHHELD DEPOSITS WHICH TELKOM DON'T PAY BACK? CONSUMER PROTECTION AVENUE? IS THERE AN OMBUDSMAN, OOPS NO... I FORGOT, HE'LL BE PLAYING GOLD WITH THE CEO OF TELKOM NO DOUBT AND 'UNAVAILABLE'.
    I FEEL SO SICK ABOUT THIS. i HAVE THIS OLD LADY WHO IS DISABLED, LIVING ON A TINY PENSION AND UNABLE TO MEET HER MONTHLY LIVING EXPENSES WITHOUT MY HELP (I AM ALSO A PENSIONER) AND THAT R700 IS A LOT OF MONEY TO HER. I SUPPOSE IT WILL GO INTO THE TELKOM CHRISTMAS PARTY FUND. PERHAPS I SHOULD HAND TELKOM OVER TO THE CREDIT BUREAU AND GET THEM BLACKLISTED AS 'NON PAYERS' !! BY THE WAY, THOSE IN JOBURG - THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO TELKOM. NEOTEL. WE USE THEM AND FIND THEM GOOD.

• Ap
    apretorius Feb 01, 2017

Absolutely pathetic service, there are not other words to describe.

An application for a MacBook was approved in December, I still do not even has as much as an update. People should not fall for this bait advertising. It seems like Telkom advertises things that they do not have an will never have in order to hook you.

The services are aweful and there is NO way WHATSOEVER to contact someone there direct!

I will not recommend them to anyone I know, ever!

• Le
    LEE2345 Oct 21, 2016

I regret the day I ever made a decision to have a contract with Telkom. First of all, my name has been screwed because they don't do a debit order every month like they're supposed to, and then go ahead and hand my name over to credit beraux! What's more, the following month, make a double deduction on my account. This has happened on more than three accounts. I called them and told them that I do not want this to happen again. My efforts were in vain. Do not even get me started on the call centre. You end up spending an hour on line being transferred from one department to the other, an even when you get to te right department, you do not get any help. Worst service ever!!

• Pb
    PB Mngadi Oct 14, 2016

pathetic service from your employees who are working for billing department. I will name and shamed them. these two employees are liars and incompetence. im talking about Fikile Shabalala and Siphiwe Chautsane. on the 27/09/2016 I logged in a case([protected]) for incorrect dept order which took place on the 24/09/2016. on the 1st I received a message from Telkom saying my case has been closed because Siphiwe Chautsane could not find me, it a surprise because I DID NOT RECEIVE any call from Telkom . it so amazing for such a big business to employ people who are so incompetence and liars. I then logged in another case ([protected]) on the 7/10/2016. to my surprised to find the same response saying Fikile Shabala cannot reach me therefore the case has been closed. this lies is their strategy not to pay back their customers. I am very disappointed with Telkom employees conduct on this matter. I will be happy to get back my money and disciplinary process should be followed on these two incompetence culprits.

Chris Scholtz Sep 03, 2016

I Informed Telkom of my intent for cancellation of my landline and adsl line in May 2016 by signed letter.

To Date they are still debiting my account after numerous calls and emails which are just ignored.

• Ga
    GarethAldes Jul 21, 2016

I phoned the call centre to complain about the house phone line being down again- 3rd time this year. Spoke to Thulile at the Durban call centre- unbelievable- rude, arrogant and bombastic- when I asked if the call was being recorded so we could escalate the matter- she ended the call.
    Customer service- forget it - everywhere it's the same, incompetent ###s who expect good salaries for performing poorly and they think they good- that's the worst part.

Joe456 Jul 21, 2016

It would be interesting to see what is Telkom's response to your complaint.The question that needs to be asked is if the recording is only for their benefit or if the customer has access to the recording as well. I believe that you should have access to this recording and that you should also receive a reference number. Unfortunately as long as Telkom is a state run concern there will never be service delivery. These people all want to work for the government (gravy train), or state run companies, but they dont want to work. They want the job but not the work or responsability that comes with the job. They are ethical infants and don't deserve a job . Nobody or no company owes you a job, the only thing that you are owed is your salary at the end of the month for the work you have done. There is too much of this attitude where people today think they are owed jobs, it is not a right but a priveledge. There is no entitlement, look after the job you have and treat your clients properly, if you did not have clients you would not have a job in the first place.
    Having given my views above, let it also be said that there are some very good employees working for Telkom who do care, but they are mostly the older people who have been there for a considerable time. Unfortunately they are also in the minority. Tekom, it is time you addressed these complaints and got rid of the dead wood and those who dont want to provide a standard of excellence for their clients.

• Mi
    Mincirr Jul 14, 2016

I place a order for a fixed line and asdl connection. I was told on the call it would take 2weeks. It took 1month after I called to get an appointment. I get confirmation from Rodney Truman who confirmed instalation on the 1804 between 3-6.I got a call on the 1704 to confirm I could expect the techie on the 1804 and he would call.He didnt call.I called&abigail confirmed he would still come.Then Thomas advised he wouldnt make it and got the technie to confirm a time in a conference call for Sunday 8:30. You have already cost me an hours billable time. I literally hit the roof this morning when Pearl phones to ask me about Sunday saying they dont work on Sunday. Please explain to me why you make arrangements, create expectation and dont maintain them. Further explain why I was told to make arrangement and later you dont pitch and I lose billable income time. Lastly why call a techie who confirms he will attend to me on Sunday if he isnt going to pitch??? What the hell is going on and why do I get the impression to coordinate my your visit to do your booked and arrange job, is going to be similiar to finding hen with gold teeth??? I want rock solid confirmation of what is happening

• Je
    Jean-Paul Du Plessis Jul 14, 2016

I have reported my adsl for the last week, that the modems internet and adsl light do not come on, did have tecknician at home but no luck cant find problem but still no internet . I have replaced 3modems at telkom and still the same. I went and bought my own modem and it works, did test the modems that are from telkom at frends house and there it works but not at my house, so what must i do.REF NO 153CTK170911, 670CTK140911, 557CTK140911

• Sr
    sribasloupo Jul 14, 2016

We have not had a phone that is operational for over 2 months now, Telkom are not able to fix this problem, we have contacted and reported this over and over to their call centre, they have sent people out who obviously do not know what they doing as they can not seem to resolve this issue. in the meantime we are being charged for line rental etc.. what do we need to do to get our line operational and working??? This is rediculous and unprofessional!

• Qi
    Qirzike Jul 14, 2016

We ordered a new line from Telkom. We bought a telephone instrument from Clicks, yet when Telkom's first bill arrived it included a charge of R129 for a telephone instrument! When I queried it the woman answering the phone said I must prove we did NOT get the phone from Telkom. HOW DO YOU PROVE A NEGATIVE? Unfortunately we did not keep the receipt of the Clicks phone, so all I could send her was a photo of the phone together with the instruction manual which made it obvious that it was NOT a Telkom phone. TO DATE NO RESPONSE.

I have since been paying the monthly Telkom bill MINUS R129.

When we wanted to order voicemail the other day Telkom insisted that we first pay the R129! So I paid it to get the voicemail.

MY SOLUTION: Telkom will as usual ignore this complaint. The phone is in my cc's name (nobody signed surety) that is not doing so well. When the cc goes bang one day and I see it's happening, we'll conveniently call all our family and friends in New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kon, Japan, the UK and the USA and say 'Oops' there's no money to pay you Telkom, sorry...

• Hu
    Hujaka Jul 14, 2016

For some reason, Telkom is wholly unable to upgrade an ADSL account from a 1GB to a 3GB account without charging you for both options for 2 months in a row. According to the store in Tygervalley, I was supposed to call Telkom on the 1st day of the month to cancel my 1GB account and then open a 3GB account. When I tried doing this, I was instead holding the line for 50 minutes on the 1st of March. I again tried today (2 March) and am now told that I was supposed to cancel my 1GB subscription BEFORE the beginning of the month. What I don't get is that the subscription that I need to cancel, is my 1GB March 2010 subscription, WHICH I ALREADY PAID FOR, and according to Telkom, I WILL NOW BE LIABLE FOR THE 1GB APRIL 2010 SUBSCRIPTION ALSO, one WHICH I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN BILLED FOR YET. And in the mean time, they'll start invoicing me for the 3GB subscription also, so come April 2010, I'll be paying for 2 subscriptions. If this isn't daylight robbery, I don't know what is. I don't want to pay for 2 subscriptions when I will only be using one. And I don't want to wait another month do be able to upgrade because the information provided by 2 Telkom agents differ so vastly! FIND A SOLUTION!

• Op
    Opper Jul 14, 2016

I made an application for my mum to get a landline telephone, 5 wks ago. On application we were advised to purchase a phone, was also assured that the line will be connected within 2 wks. did followup after 3 wks no response. followed up after 4 wks then again after 5wks. Only after the 5th wk were we told that we have to pay a R700 depositsecurity fee because we do not appear on any credit burea. 2 hear this after 5 wks naturally this frustrated me. why could i not be advised of this after wk 1 or 2. I would have paid it then. i wanted to return the phone which i purchased, only to find out that i cannot because 7 days has elapsed. Telkom got me to buy a phone under the impression that the line will be connected within 2 weeks. I did not want to accept this and requested to speak to the manager (whom i have already emailed and left messages for with no success or response). I was kept waiting for another 15minutes with no appearance by Ms Moosa the manager at telkom direct canal walk cape town. Tired of waiting i finally walked out the store. Is this the service one should except should i accept that the Phone can not be returned for a refund...

• Ra
    Rabsomar Jul 14, 2016

I received very poor service from Telkom and my internet service which should have been working already has been delayed. After visiting telkom stores several times, it seems no one can resolve the issue and I still do not have my adsl password. The technician who installed my new line was rude and gave me a used modem which did not work. As a new customer telkom has treated me unfairly and at this rate it seems I will be paying for a service that I did not use.

• So
    Sonia van der Merwe Jul 14, 2016

On the 1st of July 2010 I requested Telkom in writing and personally to cancell the order and transfer of 3 lines which I ordered in apparoximately March 2010. By July no lines were available to me and I had to rent lines from the Office Park where my new offices were situated. Various follow up calls revealed that Telkom were busy woth the staiums for teh Wordl Cup and I must be patient. Telkom charged me for installation and rent on these 'lines' that were never installed at my premises. There are no call charges lodged against these lines because they were not physically connected to my switchboard by Telkom . The whole saga cost me dearly as I am in the Financial Services Industry and I had to organise other lines to utilise. I spent days without having means to correspond with my clients .I received a dispute reference number - [protected] and were promised by Telkom that the matter would be dealt with . Telkom did proceed to cancell the lines but still hold me liable for the Intallation cost and Rental for R3092.60 plus interest of R 800.00 . They now gave me an ultimatum to pay up or my service on my one line that I have on this account will be suspended. I do not see how I can be held responsible for a service that NEVER MATERIALISED !! Had the lines been at my disposal I could have continued with my business as normal. Please assist .

• Ga
    Gabriel Lephadi Jul 14, 2016

I opened my contract with Telkom Mobile on 15 February 2014.

I received my first statement and I was over charged by R595. This was in March.

I spoke to one of the consultants in May, who goes by C. Mavuka.

He refunded my money and gave me two choices. He said I can either be credited the money or be credited. I told him I want the refund and to pill me as usual.

Then when I got my invoices I was credited against my instructions.

I left the country and when I came back I come back to messages telling me that I need to pay R595 or my account will be suspended. This was the beginning of July.

I tried to resolve this but with no luck. I was debited R938 last week Tuesday and that was the last straw for me.

Then on Wednesday (23 July) at about 21:30 my account was suspended after the debit had gone through.

I asked someone to reinstate my account immediately and they did BUT as a result I lost my 3G network. I have been running on EDGE since Wednesday night and I want my 3G restored.

• Re
    Reviewer30258 Jul 14, 2016

My phone line went out of service on the 1 St September 2015. I reported it to 10210 and received a logging ref 232CRZ020915 and that telkom will endeavour to resolve as soon as possible. On Saturday 19 September I received a sms that line was retested and to be in order although it was still faulty. I reported it again the same day with ref nr 155CRZ 190915 and was told that they will escalate the problem as soon as possible. I am still waiting and it is the 29 September now, and no word from telkom. I must state that my home security alarm is depended on my telephone line and it is not possible to arm my security system. Please help!!!. I am an ex telkom employer but since I went on pension in 2005 I can not believe it is the same company anymore.

• Tu
    Tukach Jul 14, 2016

We are staying in a upperclass complex with 240 flats and a office park being developed and telkom does not want to lay the line that is neccesary to give us a fixed line service. The distance for line to be laid aint even 2km but there is no way one can speak to anyone at Telkom who could assist you on getting this sorted out. You hit a barrier as soon as they see that the complex does not have phonelines and it seems like there is no way for any personal followup hereof.

No lines and no way to get them. If only one could speak to someone who could maybe put in a bit of judgement he would see that this is not so impossible to solve.

• Pr
    Prombeler Jul 13, 2016

My ADSL at home stopped working and for over two weeks I have tried to resolve the problem with Telkom. They have identified that there is a problem with ADSL line and have promised countless times to send a technician to fix the problem. They have billed me for the entire month and that is not issue, I am just very used to getting something in return when I pay for it. I also work from home and now I have to spend late nights at the office. They are dead useless.

• Hu
    Hussine Jul 13, 2016

The purpose of having a phone, is that it is available whenever it is required, especially in emergency situations. However, with Telkom service, or should I say lack of service, it is as if I don’t have a telephone line. More often than not, the telephone does not work, and thus defeats the purpose of having a phone.Upon complaining to Telkom, three times in the last month, we hear about Telkom’s excuses for not attending to the problem. From the [protected] to [protected], I have had a telephone line that did not work:and this is totally unacceptable! At no stage did any technician come to my premises to test the line, yet I am continuously told they cannot find the problem. My concern is that Telkom claim, that they do not have enough technicians to attend to the problem promptly, yet both my neighbour and I have seen Telkom-repair vehicles parading on our street, up to two to three times a day for an entire week. Where is the justification in their complaint? My complaint is legitimate, because I am a female, living alone and totally dependant on the said landline.My point in complaining about this problem, is to ensure that I have a phone that works for longer than a few days.

• Al
    Albert Powrie May 13, 2016

Hi, I hope you are well.
    My Wife was contacted by your call centre with a Friday the thirteenth special (call centre number [protected]).
    At the time I was not around and she explained to the operator that we needed to consult with one-another, he then agreed to call back within the hour.
    The offer was for a free router with 20 gigs of data for R199.00 per month.
    We never received the call back, we tried to contact the call centre which took our telephone number with the assurance that we would be called back, and that call has also not been returned.
    I tried several other numbers like 081180, they told me to contact 10213 where music simply and frustratingly just continues to play music.
    I would like to know if I can still get the Friday the thirteenth special as our call was never returned and we did everything possible to contact Telcom, but to no avail.
    Kind regards
    Albert Powrie

• Fr
    Frikkie Cilliers Mar 07, 2016

I've logged a fault on the 3rd of February 2016. After a few week on the 22nb of February 2016 the fault was just closed without any resolution or any means of communicating to me at all. On the 26th of February I logged a new fault 632CRK260216 and still waiting for this to be resolved. Every time I phone Telkom they just say its at the testing centre and no technician is assigned. This is getting really frustrating now as Telkom is not helping me in any way to get my service up again.

• St
    STEPHEN Makhaphela Feb 29, 2016

Good Afternoon, i bought R50 telkom recharge vouchers amounting to R9600.00 at Telkom Westgate outlet in April 2015 and i only received them in May 2015. upon collection of the vouchers, i noticed that they were all expiring on the 31 October. i then refused to take them and asked for exchange for the later expiring date around 2016. The shop assistant contacted the owner Mr Bharat Kharshan, who gave me an assurance that they can still be used beyond that period and i can contact the for exchange should i experience any problems after collection. Unfortunately after the 31 October i released that all the vouchers amounting to R 7900.00 had expired and i return back them to the shop. since then i have been sent from pillar to post and to date i am still waiting for the voucher. all i get from the shop is just promises and the owner does not to talk to me any more. this is been four months and still not answers.

Please help.
    Khayalethu Stephen Makhaphela
    [protected]

• Na
    Nadine Van Dalen Feb 26, 2016

I called a month ago and ask for telkom to come and assist us with a line. They said they will call us for an appointment. After a month they never called back, then I called them again and they said i got an appointment on 22nd februarie 2016. They sms us with all the information to confirm the appoinment and i replied" yes". I needed to get leave for that day because its a full day appointment. But they never showed...and never heard anything from them till today.

• Yu
    Yunes Infanti Feb 17, 2016

I am also sick and tired of Telkom and its pathetic and lazy employees, I requested a complaint to be logged because I am not getting internet while being in a LTE zone with 77% signal strength.
    My connection constantly "dies"whilst still connected, I get an OOB message and I still have 6 gig of data available.
    Telkom operators don't respond to you when you chat with the online and they haven't called me back for 5 days now. I'm extremely frustrated that I cannot even get a reference number from Telkom on my complaint. I will take this matter further by laying a formal complaint to ICASA and NCCSA. Telkom cannot charge me and not provide service and their rude incompetent employees should stop passing the buck.

• Ne
    NelsonTman Feb 08, 2016

Recently i applied for a new contract with telkom and three days later i get call from a consultant from telkom and made me aware that i still owe telkom R1305 which i dont even know about and now i tried to call to but i cant even get through to get help. I've always heard people saying telkom service s*******cks but now i see why people are so gutvol with telkom. How do i owe telkom if i never had a contract with telkom? [protected]

Saloshnie Pather Feb 05, 2016

I Mr S A Mariah His voice contact expired last October, in September we went into the branch at Trade Route mall to cancel the contract.Up to know this contact is still not cancelled, and also being charged for add on data bundles which we never requested. The last few months Telkom has billed us double.He has called the call centre which says case is being logged and must wait 21 days, then 30 days, its being more than that, this call centre has no idea what they are doing. After speaking nto someone at head office the line gets suspended.On 1st Feb went into Trade Route store again and was told the cancellation was in process, yesterday I called and was told to wait 72 hours for the line is opened before the line is cancel. We requested that the debited order also to be cancelled. While in the meantime telkom is just having fun debited my bank account. How much longer is this going to go on.The way I feel i do not want to keep the data line I have with telkom. They service is disappointing and very unprofessional.
    He urgently need this account to be sorted out and some compensation from Telkom call centre, or he is going to take this higher.
    [protected]

• Br
    Breco Jan 26, 2016

Good day, my mobile contract with Telkom expired last year in October 2015. I gave 1 month calendar notice to close the line, which was in September last year. I physically went to the Bayside Mall Table view in September to request for cancellation. I then noticed after October, the debit order still went off my account, in fact the new instalment was higher and at no point in time did Telkom call me to ask if I would like to upgrade. I then went for a 2nd time to Telkom which was late November last year, to request for cancellation again. Still it was not done. I then went in a 3rd time to Bayside Mall, on the 12th of December 2015. The consultant noted my complaints and asked for urgent cancellation. When I called Telkom as a follow up call, I was told the consultant sent through the request for cancellation on the 24th of December and from there onwards, it will take another 21 days before the line are cancelled. I noted then to follow up on the 25th of January this year, ...21 days passed. When I called Telkom yesterday, they acknowledged the case number logged, but then said to me that it was logged through the incorrect queue ??
    My point is, I have been paying for a new contract, which in the first place, I was not consulted about whether I would like to upgrade..and secondly paying for something I tried to cancel 3 times. To date no one has called me ...its simple, I can cancel the debit order, but then Telkom will black list me and this would affect my credit reputation. the line that needs to be closed is [protected]. Case number is [protected]. To call me on [protected] to confirm cancellation.

• Sh
    Shuai Jan 04, 2016

Hi, our modem was down on Dec.21, 2015. We bought a new modem on Dec.22nd and called 10210 to activate it. With the help on phone, it did not work. We called 10210 on Dec.24th, Dec.26th, Dec. 28th too. We tried different laptops, It never worked out. Finally they gave us a fault number on Dec.28th and said that it was the fault date. In the following days, we called 2-3 times a day. Every time we were told that it was in the queue of being tested. On Jan.2nd, we were told that the test was down and it showed that our cable was also down. They will send a technician to our home to fix after making an appointment. Today is Jan.4th, Nobody call me for an appointment. I tried to call 10210 and always music. I tried to ask help from Telkom chat, I was told that it is in a queue again! My Line number is [protected]. Please solve problems seriously. Do not play game! And you should not charge us since Dec.21! I cannot work at home, make internet calls, do anything on line!

malibongwe Oct 12, 2015

I ordered a phone online with Telkom two weeks back and an agent called me NOKUBONGA and my order was approved and money debited in my account but I still haven't received my phone till this day.
    their call center is ridiculous I hold for more than 30 minutes I want to cancel the order and get my money back and i'm not updated on the status of my order. please email me [email protected] or [protected]

• Kh
    Khakhathi Mmbara Oct 04, 2015

On the 11/03/2015 at 15h03 I called Telkom(10210) from [protected] number to upgrade my line speed and downgrade the data. A consultant by the name of Thobeka Luthuli upgared my line (order number 117112114A) and she advised me that my total monthly bill will be R469, 00 excluding the outgoing call that i will make. It was to my surprise when i received my bill month end and it was over R2000. I managed to dispute it with telkom and the following month bill was R198, which was also low because there was a service interuption. As i thought maybe the problem was resolved, It all started again and from that time I've been overbilled everymonth. I called again and spoke to Anemarie Swanepoel (Ref: [protected]) who confirmed that I'm supposed to be billed only R469, 00 and she can see on the system that it is a special package for me and she promised that month end it would be resolved. unfortunately i still got overbilled month end and I called again where a conference call was initiated between Sales and Billing department as well as myself (Date: 15/07/2015, Time: 10:30, Consulatant: Thembi Qabashe). They have promised me that the billing error would be resolved and if it doesn't, then I must request for this conversation recording as a proof that there is an error on my account. On the 15 September at 08:50 i called again from [protected] and spoke to Mr Kelen Naidoo who advised that he is going to inevstigate and came back to me but unfortunately I never heard from him since. Everything month I've been paying R500 and this is becoming a problem becausing it is causing arrears on my account and it will lead ti the suspension of my line. May kindly please go back to the recording and rectify my account. if this is not done, my next step is to take legal action since I've been strugling with this from the first month I have upgraded my line.

• Mo
    moira mahon Sep 16, 2015

I had a contract for a mobile rooter for 2 years I was told that close to the time that the contract was due to expire I would be contacted by Telkom to discuss moving forward with the contract or I would be given the opportunity to change the contract. After 2 years the rooter would be mind. I was shocked to fine that in August Telkom deducted R1, 248 from my bank account without telling me. As the contract had expired I was charge the full amount for 5 gb. I immediately went into the Sea point branch of Telkom to sort the matter our. The staff was less than helpful, placed me on a phone here I sat for over 20mintues on hold waiting for a response to the complaint. Eventually a case number was logged. As I had not been contacted by anyone from telecom. After numerous phone calls etc. I was given a refund. I went to the Kenilworth Telkom store filled out the cancellation forms and took out a new contract (chad Daries -sales assistant). I was contacted a few days later by Glory Mashego. She promised that the matter would be sorted out. I then received an sms invoice stating that another R905 would be deducted from my account on the 15th September as my contact was still active. I gain went to Kenilworth store and spoke to Chad and asked for the matter to be sorted out. Less than helpful staff again. he informed me that Glory was the person responsible for sorting the situation out. I emailed glory on the 8th August along with chad and the ceo. I received and email from Glory on 8th August stating she remembered my case and would get back to me as soon as. Today is the 16th September and I still have not heard from anyone from Telkom. I have again sent the CEO Glory and Chad emails. Please can someone in the complaints department sort this matter out. My cell number is [protected]

To
    Chad Daries (C)

CC
    [email protected]

Aug 26

Good day Chad

Trust that you are well.

A reminder that you should please process the request logged by the customer over the weekend.

Customer details are as follows:

[protected], MOIRA'S UNIQUE SPECIALISED TOURS, Business – MSISDN: [protected]