Telkomnon delivery

I Review updated:

We got an ADSl line 3 months ago [protected]) as well as ISDN lines [protected]). This month we have only been able to use the line 10days out of 31 days, breaking 6 times. The month before we only used the ADSL line 13 days out of the 30 days. We made numerous calls to Telkom, everytime they promise to fix the line but after the technicians leave the problem persists. We are a web based company and therefore in crisis because I am currently paying staff that cannot work. The ISDN line cuts calls and goes off for 5 to 10 minutes at a time but afterwards can be used again. I have started a new business and it is killing my business. I feel quite desperate because no one in Telkom seem to listen and pay attention, they give the same promises to escalate the fault but we keep on losing days and the problems keep on coming back. Anybody out there have any idea what we can do to get Telkom to perform? (In the meantime I keep on paying for a service I am not getting)
ian

Sep 21, 2010

My computer does not connect to Wimax.

Sep 27, 2010
    Telkom - I have the deepest regret of ever using you as a service provider
    telkom.co.za

I have the deepest regret of ever using you as a service provider!!! Your incompetence your lack of staff training and even after asking 20 times or more, to change the contact details on the account you have still to no avail, changed it! Now the process of your incompetence and lack of workmanship you have caused my mother the previous owner of the line to be blacklisted..

As i’m also in the fault by being retrenched as explained to your staff, which i’m sure by now all conversations have been forgotten, I have mentioned this to be an urgent matter and that my mother won’t be liable for any payments on this account!

This amount however has been settled but now your incompetent dept collectors has blacklisted my mother because of telkom being absolutely uselessss and cant adjust information given to their staff??! I honestly don’t know how you people can still run a company if this is the type of service you give! No wonder the new kid on the block is doing better because for once someone knows how to listen and to assure that clients get assisted.

I have reported you to the nca and don’t expect a respond from telkom as i’m sure that’s way to much to ask.

• B
      Jan 10, 2011
    Telkom - telkom cant even install a phone line
    Telkom

Laundry list of bad service, Telkom's terrible service never ceases to amaze.

I have an ADSL contract with Telkom, and I moved cities, was told that my account would be charged with R4500 because they could not move the contract directly, but once the new line was installed, the R4500 would be cleared from my account.

1. Handed in application for a line transfer on the 15th January, took them 6 days just to figure out what to do with it, application only processed on the 26th.
    2. Technician came out on the 11th of February, said there was a fault on the line.
    3. Didnt hear anything from Telkom for OVER A WEEK, went to the local branch on the 20th Feb, and was told to come back during the week.
    4. Went there today, the 23rd of Feb, and was told that a technician went to look at the fault yesterday, but could not fix it, and I might have to wait another week before it is resolved.

Its well over a month since I applied, with no foreseeable installation date in sight. I am sitting with no telephone, no ADSL, and a bill for R4500.

Have applied TWICE, phoned the call centre 8 times, been in the shop 5 times but all I hear is 'there's a fault, its too bad, not interested in helping'

• G
      Jan 13, 2011
    Telkom - repairs dragging on for more than a month
    Telkom

I have a DSL line at home that I use for entertainments and work purposes. My line dropped intermittently from the 23rd of Jan 2017. I then Replaced modem and Spoke to my ISP to confirm that it is not on their side. I logged a call to telkom broadband and 2 and a half weeks down the line got a response from a telkom technician. The problem was solved and it was working for about an hour or 2 then started again. I phoned the call centre and told them not to close the call as the issue was still not resolved. I then when on a international business trip and landing there I got a sms saying that my call has been resolved. I came back to SA on the 22nd to find that my line is still giving issues. I relogged a call on the 23rd and since then I get different answers from the cll centre. The best is saturday I was told that A technician has picked up the call and is working on it. Monday I phone again and they tell me that he is busy with the exchange. Today I phone and they tell me that no technician has been assigned asof yet. So where do you draw the line at bad service. They are a bunch of pathetic clowns.

• K
      Jan 17, 2011
    Telkom - promised adsl installation awaiting 60 days
    Telkom

Hi there. Ive asked for and adsl line to be installed on the 11th of January 2017. I was told by a telkom represantative that the maximum waiting period will be 3 weeks. I did email the person that promised me 3 weeks. I got a reply from that person that they will get back to me. They never got back to me to date. Ive sent numerous email to that person and still no reply. So i called the call centre on numerous occasions, always got the same answer. The answers being, the person that told you 3 weeks does not know what they are talking about, and they do not know how to do there jobs. There are no ports available in your area. You need to wait for 30 - 60 days 6 - 12 months. Its always a new excuse every time. Its almost 60 days that ive bein waiting. This is and has got to be the most pathetic service ever. All i want is an adsl line not there sad excuses.Surely no company makes you wait up to a year for service delivery.

• N
      Apr 27, 2011
    Telkom - adsl lines down for 3 weeks
    telkom
    South Africa

I is bad for a big company like Telkom to give a bad aservice as currently the case with myself and my business.
    It has been three weeks since first my phonelines were diown and currently the adsl lines.It seems that the fact that
    they has the monopoly in South Africa these guys does not care as to their service failure.
    Till to date they just come and check in at the premises, it seems it is a way of them just to show the client they are
    working on the problem, but we all know nothing is been done.
    We really need competition in our ciuntry to force these guys to get their act together.
    TELKOM - IF I WOULD HAVE A CHOICE -THEY ARE GONE IN A MINUTE AND I AM SUREA LOT OF PEOPLE FEELS THE SAME.

• K
      May 26, 2011

Hi Noel, I am from a telecommunications company that is Telkom independent and can take away your pain. We provide Voice over Internet with excellent voice quality which will save you an average of 30% on your current Telkom monthly bill. We can also provide faster, reliable internet through ADSL and wireless connection and we can also boost your ADSL speed to 4Mb or more. You can call me on [protected] (Katlego), will be looking forward to hearing from you.
    Guaranteed Quality of service

• P
      Sep 01, 2011
    Telkom - store service
    telkom.co.za

I was just in the Pavilion Telkom Store in Kwa-zulu Natal.
    The staff swore at me when I was quering the xbox promotion,
    The staff also told that the xbox's that were in the store are for the Pavilion staff ONLY.

I am considering ending my service with your company as I don't need this treatment as I am a paying client.

• H
      Sep 02, 2011

Let me see if I have this right, you WOULD need this treatment if you were NOT a paying client?

Sep 05, 2011
    Telkom - modem penalties in an area without facility
    Account [protected]
    South Africa

I opened an account with Telkom for the telephone number [protected]. I then asked for a modem to be able to have adsl lines put through. Beginning of December 2017 we then had to move from Silverlakes 12 Els street/ 30 Oakmont street to Irene Farm Village. We went to the Telkom Offices in Irene Village Mall where we requested for a telephone line for 30 Crown Lane Irene Farm Village in the first month we were there. However we were told that the area does not have Telkom facilities, hence we could not have a phone line for some time. We needed the phone line so badly we kept checking and about a year later we could get a mobile phone line through my husband’s name [protected]. We were also advised that we could not use this line for adsl as it was a mobile line.

In the meantime when we moved I was called by Telkom and they gave us 2 accounts the one was for outstanding phone bills for Silverlakes, which I paid through in batches of R500 or so. We finished paying for this in 2 or 3 months. The other bill they said was for the modem which was due to the fact that we had moved and were not using the modem.

We were surprised as to why we had to pay for the penalties of more than R7000 for the modem which was being requested which we had paid for, for over a year and as it had been our interest to continue using the modem when we moved to Irene, but the area did not have the facility from Telkom as per the agreement.

Currently we have had to pay for this R2017 towards the R7000 whilst seeking help.

• S
      Feb 22, 2012
    Telkom - upgrade
    tekom.co.za

Not a happy customer !!! cant believe Telkom drops their customers just like that -- 1st it takes me two weeks to try and get them to awncer their phones untill i took time off work to upgrade my adsl line to a 4meg line because telkom brags about this fast internet all over the show !! so now six day`s later after calling every day and holding on for an avarage of 30min per call i get told O SORRY this upgrade is not possible W T F ??? Telkom already gave me a user name and password for my new and FAST 4meg line WICH THEY CAN NOT UPGRADE ME TO ! Why waist my time like that PLEASE RESPOND

• J
      Mar 07, 2012

You cannot complain about Telkom's service because there is none. As long as it remains a state run business you will not receive any service delivery because they dont know the meaning of the word. A customer is a nuissance that they can do with out. Recently, my wife and i, went to the Pavillion branch in Westville and the lady behind the counter was doing her nails and her makeup while we waited at the counter. She asked us what we wanted and told us that some one would attend to us. She then got up and went into the shopping centre. This happened at 10h30 in the morning

Mar 09, 2012
    Telkom - disgusting service
    TELKOM INTERNET
    telkom.co.za

This is the formal mail sent to telkom
    Good day,

I have been looking on the telkom website and I do not see any place where I can log a formal complaint.
    Please treat this matter seriously as this is a formal complaint that if not actioned I will have to take it further.

Our telkom internet line has been blocked, locked, or stopped, point is it is not working.
    Our account is up to date, (This we know although the website is also not updated) we have had to call out someone to assist when our internet modem failed due to lightning and were charged for that, I find that incredibly unfair and bad service as that was not our fault in any manner. We let that issue pass.
    Now our internet is again down, our telephone line does not work, the wifi modem switches on but we cannot connect to the internet.
    Telkom said that they will send someone out, again we will be charged for this, and this is right.
    Also we now need to go through the processes and log calls that will take more than 24 hours to be attended to.

This is ridiculous service and I require some serious and fast action

• F
      May 08, 2012
    Telkom - impossible to reach south african communications giant
    Telkom SA Limited
    telkom.co.za

I have on more than one occasion tried to contact Telkom to inform them that I will not need their service at my residential address in Pretoria anymore as from 1 May 2017, because I am moving to a retirement village. I was not successful in obtaining an email address to register my situation. Their website has a "Trouble Shooter" and an "Escalation Enquiry" page which I used, but there was no response to my communications. When phoning the number on their website for all "Residential Customer" services (10210), there was silence as if the line is dead - and I tried it over a few weeks. I left my home 10 days ago and Telkom will probably keep charging me for renting their "telephone service". Where do I go from here?

• U
      Nov 23, 2012
    Telkom - broke promise and black listed me without me knowing my account behind
    South Africa

I went with my mother to open a Telkom account for her, Turns out her ex husband opened one on her name and he never paid it so she got handed over, How did that happen without my mothers Consent first of all, so I opened an account on my name for my mother.
    The special at that time was first 3 months free, which never ended up being free, and then my mother closed the account because of that but there was a Bill i never received or telephonically told about. Telkom Handed me over without even phoning me or telling me I'm behind and never asked for any payment, first time I heard about it was from some attorneys, I paid it full within two weeks so they can clear my name, but I cant get threw to anyone as they keep saying I must call another number, I have sent emails and all, But still haven't heard of anything.
    If nothing is done to clear my name at ITC soon I will go to Consumer Affairs and even go to small claims court as I have all my slips and the contract they gave me.
    All I asked for from their attorneys was a letter of apology and to say my account up to date and closed.
    How hard can that be???
    I am so livid no one will understand

• G
      Feb 27, 2013
    Telkom - change of telephone lines
    Grace Maistry Trading as Exclusive Dental Care
    South Africa

On the 14 December 2017 I discovered that my telepdhone numbers were transferred to a Mr S.Govender.On investigation I discovered that my ex business partner had signed a letter addressed to Telkom for my business numbers to be transferred to her nephew who subsequently opened a similar business three doors away from me.I complained to Telkom, as these telephone accounts were opened on my name as a Sole Proprietor.I enquired as to how can they accept a letter signed by someone other than me.They refused to understand and turned me stating that they acted correctly, since the letter was on a letterhead.My argument is that anyone can change peoples accounts if they used a letterhead.Telkom Newcastle Branch has acknowledged the error and asked me to return the next day with some documents, only to get there the next day and was given a telephone number to contact a Mr Sunil from Durban.I tried to enquire as to why this change but the lady refused to give any information, neither was I allowed to speak to the Manager of Telkom Newcastle.I called Mr Sunil who refused to listen to my side of the complaint and is out right rude and refuses to listen and he hangs up the phone when I call.
    This has damaged my business and is costing me bitterly.

May 29, 2013
    Telkom - false charges
    TELKOM
    South Africa

Hi - I queried internet services for my home 11/03/2017 & asked the consultant call me the next day to confirm if I could afford this. When the consultant called me the next day I told her I cannot afford this & this was merely a query. I then started to get bill from telkom for this "service/product" I called telkom on numerous occasions & explained this time & again. Telkom has promised to investigate via a dispute & through all of this telkom carried on sending me sms that my account was in arrears. I also asked them to have a listen to the recording at the time of the query & also the fact that I did not collect the modem & no technician came out to have any installations done. I cannot believe the incompetency displayed by the consultants & account department of telkom.

• B
      Aug 12, 2013
    Telkom - bad service
    (Kelly's) Designer Kitchens
    South Africa

We have used a telecommunications company, Pinacle Systems (doing our switcboard) to apply for additional lines with telkom together with our excisting number [protected] Telkom did install the lines after postponing it with a week. After a few days all the lines just gone dead. We reported this matter to Telkom on Monday 5 Aug, with follow up several times and today is Monday the 12th of August with nothing been done about it! We are a manufacturing company ( Designer Kitchens, Design + )and we have moved our sales outlet to this premisses (with the forwarding nr), and face severe damage to our company as a result that people think we have closed our doors!
    Kelly Brown [protected]

Nov 14, 2013

I have tried to cancel a telephone for 6 months [protected] with no joy. I have phoned the accounts department, been in personally to the telkom store in Riversquare shopping mall and have been reassured that it has been cancelled yet I still receive an account every month. I have a REFERENCE number which was given to me--TOC92698022 but still nothing has been done.!!! When you call that number it tells you that it has been disconnected so WHY are the bills still rolling in. If I receive no satisfaction from this e-mail I will certainly go elsewhere to complain

• C
      Mar 25, 2014

telkom SA has a business deal called the business circle ... i think its a way to con people into taking a mobile contract. I was asked to take a mobile contract to qualify for the package. now that i took the mobile contract but theres absolutely no help in getting the package i initially wanted

• T
      Mar 27, 2014
    Telkom - no service provided
    Private
    Centurion

Call reference: 184CTK020314

have logged a faulty line on the 2nd march,

I
    then received an sms indicating telkom has concluded investigation and that a
    line will be replaced, in same sms it was promised that my service will be
    restored on the 18th march,

I
    have escalated this call on numerous times yet NO action has been taken

Up
    to now I still do not have my service and it is now 9 days later than what was
    promised

I DEMAND that my service is to be restored FULLY TODAY

This is absolutely pathetic service and I will be ashamed to work for telkom

I keep on trying to phone telkom on 10210 but the agents are always busy, today
    I had to hold on for almost 40 minutes yet no answer

I will
    refuse to pay any money towards telkom until problem is resolved and I DEMAND a
    refund for the time my service has been inactive

• C
      Sep 23, 2015
    Telkom - passing the buck
    Centurion Mall
    Centurion Mall
    South Africa

I have cancer & one of the small things in my life that keeps me positive & not constantly think about the possibility/inevitability of dying, is playing Online Gaming & therefor I need lots of data.
    I have been an excellent client of Telkom for almost 2 years & have in most cases spent 4 times the Rank value of my original monthly contract with them & decided to upgrade when they launched their 50GB deal.
    Since upgrading, Telkom have put unnecessary stress into my life by suspending my account every month due to their internal miscommunication, lack of admin skills, blame gaming, passing the buck, etc.
    After NUMEROUS calls, store visits, mails etc they still to not grasp the concept of Customer Service & expect me as a client that have done EVERYTHING correctly (payments up to date, etc), to accept that I have suffer while they sort out their internal mess!
    Unfortunately Telkom has a monopoly on wireless access in the Country, so the following must happen: Telkom must re-activate my account IMMEDIATELY & compensate me for my time, stress, etc. OR they must cancel my contract, refund me for my payment already made for this month, make sure not to block my router & pay for the installation, deposit, etc & a year subscription of the new service provider of my choice!
    Telkom is aware of my health status & cancer in not a laughing matter, but they have chosen to make my life a further HELL!

Oct 14, 2015
    Telkom - feedback
    South Africa

4th week still haven't received my refund, still nothing on my application for SmartInternet - Unlimited. Got a call on Thursday, said they will look in to it and they will get back to me. Still haven't heard back from them. Like i said last week and the week before, i'll continue posting this everywhere until i get the my Feedback/Refund/Application from Telkom. So until next week.

Nov 15, 2015
    Telkom - business account
    Kempton Park
    South Africa

I sold my business around 2017 and by end of 2017 received a call that I still owed Telkom money on an outstanding account. I explained that the business is sold and only trading the following year so the lines were cut and could not be possible to owe them that. Telephonically they agreed that the amount of R5000.00 outstanding should then only be R1000.00 when they look at the dates the lines were cut. But I requested them to send me a detailed statement on this R1000.00 to a new email account of mine as I no longer traded on the business email account. Till today I have not received an email and I never received a call from Telkom again, therefore thought Telkom found the issue and realized the billing was completely invalid. Now in 2017 the new owner of my old business for almost over 4 years send me a message regarding this 2017 outstanding account saying Telkom account is now gone to legal. Almost 4 years later. I still use the email on daily basis that I have requested them to send me the outstanding detailed statement, but still nothing received at all.

Nov 23, 2015
    Telkom - broken or disfunctional line or cable
    33 LAUB STREET NEW CENTRE JOHANNESBURG
    JHB
    erlemanns.co.za

Good day, this is a letter of utter desperation!!! telkom line [protected]: client: erlemann's gearbox engineering, 33 laub street, new centre, jhb. Reference no. No: 587crz121115 telkom keeps saying they are sending a technician nothing happens. This is our credit card machine line. Please-please assis us. Thanks ann

Nov 23, 2015
    Telkom - adsl business
    152 Johannes Ramokhoase Street, Pretoria
    Pretoria
    telkom.co.za

My ADSL account for my medical practice has been suspended without reason for the 4th time in 2 months with no obvious reason. Internet goes of without warning and when you phone Telkom, they acknowledge that the account is suspended but they have no reason why. Neither the Accounts department or the Technical Dept can find a reason and they re-activate the account within a few hours only to do the same thing later again. Who can help?!

Mar 22, 2016

I constantly have problems with my landline for my business being out of order. Telkom require that I pay a service fee and yet they provide only intermittent service if at all. During the month of March I have only been able to use the phone for 2 days to date.