Techskills Cleveland, Ohio campusScam on tuition and classroom instrustion agreement

D

Beware of this school if they even still have the campus open in Independence ( was in existence as of 4-2011). I entered the MCSA program at the Independence (Cleveland, OH) campus and successfully completed my A+, Network+ and Microsoft MCP 270 (XP) certifications but was booted out after 13 months for supposed slow progress which I appealed since I was 1/2 way through my 290 course ( 2nd to last course needed). This blew me away as I was initially told a student could get up to 18 months to complete all courses by the admissions advisor- who is no longer there (a complete lie- get any extension promised at the inception of your tuition agreement in writing not verbally). The appeal was denied for no valid reason. This campus has very high turnover. All staff and instructors with the exception of the receptionist/admin. assistant left in a 9 month period from the time I enrolled AND for lie #2 there is no valid externship program through this campus- in fact two career advisors resigned or were terminated during my 12 months there- no career advisor on site for the last 4 months I was a student. Run and keep running. I was promised the world and was left with crappy instructors who did not qualify explanations of any questions I had during labs with the exception of one good, competent instructor this group of clowns did nothing to help me. If you can do labs independently with no instructor intervention then go for it but if you get tied up with technical questions related to the I.T. labs then forget it. You will not receive adequate help-especially during the 290 server course. I have heard other TechSkills campuses are o.k. (told this by a TechSkills employee-so consider the validity or lack thereof). But the Cleveland one is the epitome of a bad joke and they lost the Pearson Vue accreditation as a test center for CompTIA and Microsoft exams so I had to take my 270 vendor at another location. I am now left to complete my 290-291 courses independently but still have not been able to negotiate the balance of the student loan to TechSkills down to reflect responsibility only for the 4.5 out of 6 courses I was able to complete. TechSkills will promise the world and deliver the bare minimum- and I write that using the term loosely. Good luck!