Having problems with Charter College?

Charter College reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 11, 2010. The latest review Unethical behavor was posted on Aug 12, 2020. The latest complaint non - accreditation was resolved on Jul 08, 2014. Charter College has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 20 reviews. Charter College has resolved 10 complaints.

Charter College Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 200 9942 (Customer Service)
+1 775 849 9900 (Head Office)
+1 907 277 1000 (Anchorage, AK)
+1 907 352 1000 (Wasilla, AK)
+1 661 252 1864 (Canyon Country, CA)
+1 661 341 3500 (Lancaster, CA)
+1 805 973 1240 (Oxnard, CA)
+1 406 294 0156 (Billings, MT)
+1 406 303 3259 (Missoula, MT)
+1 505 793 8087 (Farmington, NM)
+1 509 415 3576 (East Wenatchee, WA)
+1 253 252 4200 (Fife, WA)
+1 360 292 7179 (Lacey, WA)
+1 509 546 3900 (Pasco, WA)
+1 360 448 2000 (Vancouver, WA)
+1 509 412 1694 (Yakima, WA)
750 Sandhill Rd, Suite 100

2706 W. Nob Hill Blvd, Suite 106, Yakima, WA 98902

Charter College Complaints & Reviews

Aug 12, 2020

Charter College — Unethical behavor

I was a student at the Oxnard location and still cannot believe how unethical and unprofessional this school...

Charter Collegea person who is being racists

Hello this person has been giving me nothing but headaches and troubles. Being rude accusing me of false action just because I'm a different color. And because this person is A lighter skin tone than I am thinks that they can tell me whatever they please. And top off it's some one who is to help me get enrolled. They do you not know how to be professional.

Charter Collegecharter college lied about credits being transferable

I attended Charter College in Oxnard in 2018, I was sceptical about signing up from the beginning. I decided to go in to the campus after receiving about 2 dozen phone calls in a week or so. I talked to the intake person, and voiced my concerns. I asked questions about transferrimg of credits to a community college I was told the units would transfer. I explained how I wanted to transfer to a University eventually to get a B.S. in HVAC Controls. Today I was told that Charter College is not accredited for community colleges. I was told specifically unots would transfer. I asked this question many times during intake and was lied too. This whole school experience was horrible. The gentleman that did my intake promised me he would be there every step of the way, shodtly after I started I call to speak him and he no longer works there. Employess in every department did not seem to stay employed long with Charter College. Every department had delays in responding and when I heard back I usually got a mesaage stating who I was messaging was nolo ger employed with Charter. I lost a good job, put a strain on my relationship. This school really does not have concerns for there students. All they are concerned about is therw money and making aure students GPA and attendance are high enough to qualify for the students Financial Aid. I dont know what can be done I really want people to use caution when attending Charter College.

• Brandi A Apr 30, 2019

Hi Craig,
        As we stated on Facebook, we cannot guarantee the transfer of credit to any institution – community college or otherwise – as this decision lies entirely with the accepting school. However, we are always happy to help our graduates and former students with the necessary documentation to request such transfers. We have had individuals successfully transfer credit to other schools.
        Our primary concern is and always will be the success of our students and graduates and we once again invite you to connect with the Oxnard Campus President so that we may further discuss your experiences and the concerns you have outlined within your posts. You may connect with the President at 805.973.1240.
        We look forward to speaking with you.
        Brandi A.,
        Charter College

Charter College — lack of proper education, failure to assist in helping students attaining the job in the chosen career.

I attended Charter College for almost three years. I was told that upon graduation I would be CCNA qualified...

Charter Collegecharter college complaints

I went to charter college and graduated in 2009. I took legal assistanting certification and I graduated with 3.0. They made promises they never kept. They never assisted nor placed me in a legal feild. They never helped me get any placement. They didn't even call me to ask if I need placement after I graduated. Now i'm just stuck with this huge student loan I can't even afford to pay. I don't know what to do now.

• Brandi A Feb 07, 2017

Hi Wendycampos62,
          It sounds as though you’re very frustrated and we’d like to help as best we can. All of our graduates have the opportunity to take advantage of our Career Services resources if they so choose and we’d like to offer those resources to you now. Could you please reach out to your campus directly so that we can chat about your concerns and how we can help?
          Thanks,
          -Brandi, Charter College

Charter College — broken promises

I was told for the Medical Assisting program, at the new campus in Yakima WA, that students would have four...

Charter College — dental assisting program/staff/corporate

I started the DA program in January of 2015 at Charter College Oxnard Campus. Everything was going smooth up...

Charter Collegestaff fails at following up

In attempting to get my Associates degree in Allied Health, I've run into several issues involving communication with the staff. In trying to absolve my enrollment due to unforeseen medical issues, I'm being given the "run around" process. I've made multiple phone calls, every time being told that the people I need to speak with are unavailable. One person I finally was able to reach said it would be taken care of the following week. Decide to follow up on this mid week just to find out that nothing had been processed. I'm still technically enrolled. In trying to clear up the mess made they continued to repeatedly ask if I needed help getting started or if I didn't understand how it worked. I had to explain multiple times that I needed to be dropped from their roster. Now I'm waiting for an email to sign electronically to finish this. I'll be going in in person later if I don't receive the email.
        The way the Bellingham location is operating is very sketchy and shady. They'll do anything to sign you up, but if you need help beyond that, it seems you're more than likely to end up SOL. Once you're enrolled, they don't seem to care what happens to you, unless you're the perfect student in every way humanly possible.
        If I seek further education later, my money will definitely NOT be wasted on this college again.

• Brandi A Jul 02, 2015

Hi E Fowler,
            We apologize for any communication errors that you’ve experienced. Our goal is to create an environment where our students feel supported and are able to gain a valuable education; if we have missed reaching our goal in any way we encourage you to contact your Campus President directly. Thanks and we wish you the best of luck with your medical concerns.
            Brandi, Charter College

Charter College — non - accreditation

I enrolled in Charter College's Medical Assistant program, and luckily for me i discovered what a waste...

Charter College — staff

I am at Charter College for the second time now getting my AAS. HUGE MISTAKE!!! For one they have made so...

Charter College — will not give me my diploma when I passed all classes and ncct state exam

I passed all classes and state exam for medical assistant they will not give me my diploma to send to NCCT...

Charter Collegebait and switch

Like many of you, my niece was taken advantage of by Charter College. She was led to believe that she could earn her bachelor degree in accounting. They lied. She was left with a an associate degree in accounting that is worthless and is not transferable to any other college. These kind of colleges are good for vocational training and that's it. They are not good for academic degrees and their credits are not transferable to any other college. They are FOR PROFIT and that is it. She is now in debt for over $20, 000 with a worthless degree and is having to start over at a community college. She could have gone to a community college for a fraction of the cost or for free with Pell Grants. Because of her student loans she is having problems getting grants to continue her education. When looking for a college, ask if they are REGIONALLY ACCREDITED or NATIONALLY ACCREDITED. You only want Regionally Accredited schools, Nationally Accredited schools are worthless.
          Here is a partial list of places to file complaints. If enough of you file complaints, then you may get the attention of the authorities. This is your only hope of getting anything done. Be specific and professional when filing your complaint. Tell them how this has affected your life and that you are now in debt but be professional. File a written complaint with Charter at the same time.
          For Washington Residents Only
          Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools

• Br
              Brandi A. Mar 25, 2013

Hello,
              We are disappointed to hear that your niece is dissatisfied with her Charter College experience and we are deeply concerned with your accusations that she was lied to by any of our representatives. We encourage her to contact her campus so that we may learn more about this situation.
              Additionally, the transferability of credits is at the complete discretion of the institution students wish to transfer to. We have had graduates successfully continue their education at other institutions.
              - Brandi, Charter College

Charter College — instructor

This school has hired an accountant that has no idea what he is doing. The school believes that because he...

Charter College — rip off!

Charter College is such a big scam. Promises in every direction and nothing is followed through! Im my...

Charter College — ripping people off

Credits don't transfer when we were told they did. They promised job placement when there is none. They...

Charter College — bait and switch

Charter College advertises MICB class but teaches very (and I do mean very) little coding or billing. I spent...

Charter Collegein general

I have been attending this school for 2 years part-time. I have never had problems with this school until the last 6 months. The teachers and staff change constantly. Some of them are severly incompetent. I have filed complaints, and received no feedback or seen any change. The corporate office makes no effort to notify their students of policy changes in a timely manner. The most recent, and infuriating example of this thoughtlessness has to do with my financial aide. I filed a loan stipend request out last Tuesday. I was told as long as the request is submitted by 3:00 Tuesday afternoons, that it would be processed and available by that Friday. That Friday came, and there was no money. I called my school's financial aide coordinator, and proceeded to inform me that the policy had changed, and that requests had to be turned in before noon. I was furious, but she assured me that it would be available to me the following week. I called today to make sure it was processed, and she me it was, but that the corporate office had just emailed her today to inform her that money would not be available until Monday. Are you kidding me?! Some students, like myself, have fallen on hard times, and need that money to help pay bills!

• Do
                Doug B Apr 22, 2011

There was a policy change in how stipends are handled which came down right in the midst of deadlines and caused some challenges for a number of campuses. We apologize for the misunderstanding and our understanding is that you’ve been brought up to date.

Please don’t forget – stipend money, is simply money you’re borrowing and adding to your loans in excess of the current tuition that’s due. You can always turn that back to the Government and save yourself some money after you graduate.

-Doug B.

Charter College — harrasment, policies, racism and policies

I've been going to this school for 8months now i'm almost done i've never said anything to someone at that...

Charter Collegestaff, policies

I've been oging to this school for four months now. The staff is dumb and very unprofessional. I really regret going here, it seems as though they only care or concern when its about your money or donating when theyres some type of "holiday" or event to give them money. Other than that there are not caring. It quite obvious i have also been told from a few other of my friends that they feel favotism from some of the teachers and directors. This school needs to closed down or reinforced some new "SENSIBLE" RULES that apply for ALL this school is a trade school NOT AN UNIVERSITY. This school is a piece of ### excuse me my language..But im really really really dissapointed!!!

• Ye
                  Yessi.t Apr 27, 2019

Yes it’s all True they set you up to fail. And if the don’t like you they won’t even knowledge that you’re there.

anonymousjoe Jul 26, 2012

Hmmm... seems pretty accurate

CharterStudent Feb 14, 2012

Brandi A. As a student at Charter College in Oxnard, Ca for almost a year now I can completely understand the anger, frustration, and disillusionment Daju seems to be experiencing. The workload is what it is. Accelerated learning warrants massive amounts of homework to complete but review of those assignments is necessary as well and most of the instructors don't grade them and don't return them. Study Guides are given to us for us to complete so come day of Finals, we just turn in our completed study guide as our final. This happens a lot! Fake extra credit assignments are posted on our Engrade to boost grade percentages. Assignments we never did. Students come to class late, leave early, absent more than 20% and still pass with A's. Independent study is a joke. Tutor's and mentors can't be found to assist in completing work so we struggle on our own. I actually only spend 1 hour a week with an instructor for independent study and didn't learn anything new. All we did was review assignments I had done for a similar class a few mods before. I no longer have illusions about the teachers here. I use all the resources available to me at this school to learn on my own because that is basically what this school is. Learning materials to use until I graduate. Instructors take off for half hour breaks, dismiss classes at 12 or 12:30, watch movies in class, or hand out packets to complete and turn in. I am only learning what I am learning because I make the effort to learn on my own. Blatant policy violations that could pull their accreditation but that would only hurt not just me finishing but my fellow students as well. Pass students so the school gets their Title IV funding. If they learn or not is not their concern. Teacher evaluations no longer are handed out due to poor marks given by students. But it is what it is.

• Da
                  DaveBlivens Jan 27, 2011

You need to spend more time in the books, my young friend.

Your failure to grasp even the most basic usage of the English language completely discredits anything you have to say.

Thanks anyway...

• 02
                  0224LYKS911 Jan 20, 2011

(LANCASTER LOCATION)This school is not very knowledgable, professional nor honest!
                  I've been attending this school for almost four months now, and I'm highly disapointed i choose this path let alone the SCHOOL The teachers are very immature to me. They are in packs both wit co workers and their students as well. during school hours. When ever you want to talk to anyone that arent able to talk.Seems like there scared dont want to come around because they have probaly heard it before.But my thing is CHANGE this school is exspensive..way more then some other schools i have came across that i could have goon to. There rules are a little confusing and somewhat unfair and truly imposible. I BELIEVE THIS SCHOOL OR LOCATION SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN THAT DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU SUCCEDING ONLY THE MONEY THEY ARE RECIEVING.

Charter College — financial aide

I was told by the school, that I owed them no more money and everything was taken care of by my student loan...