TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu Logo

TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu

Having problems with TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu?

TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 15, 2006. The latest review Schooling was posted on Feb 28, 2017. The latest complaint Student Help and guidance was resolved on Sep 16, 2014. TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 38 reviews. TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu has resolved 18 complaints.

TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 606 6922 (Customer Service)
1100 Holly Springs Rd, Suite 200

Raleigh, NC
5511 Capital Center Dr., Suite № 500, Raleigh, NC 27606

TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu Complaints & Reviews

MyComputerCareer — Schooling

I was quoted something like 23k for the tuition equipment and software. After a month or 2 of classes I...

MyComputerCareer.com — It training / certification

I have gone there several years ago. I have been paying down my $25000 student loan from them which I...

MyComputerCareer.com — Computer Training

MyComputerCareer.com is a certification mill; however, they 'sell' you on providing 7...

MyComputerCareer — Information Technology higher education

BEWARE! I too am a former Instructor of MyComputerCareer.edu. This company is a Certification Mill and not a...

MyComputerCareer.com — For-Profit designed to take your money

I am a current student at the Irving (Dallas), TX campus of MyComputerCareer and I have been enrolled since...

MyComputerCareer.com — Student Help and guidance

I have probably waited too long to do this, but on behalf of my son I feel as though I must. He went to thi...

MyComputerCareer.com — Training is a joke

Why did I use the username, "Abetterlife"? Because that is the key my computercareer.com uses for the...

TechSkillsScam

I signed up with TechSkills for their medical coding associate course of study. I knew I was in trouble after I'd signed up and some of what my mentor was saying didn't seem to make sense with regard to the subject and the market / what I was hearing from those outside of TechSkills and finding online, vs what the mentor was suggesting.

Each time I pressed for back-up to the info, it was suggested to me that maybe I wasn't really ready to study with them and perhaps I should talk to the director. Of course if I'd cxld I wouldn't have recvd a full refund and in the end I stayed. But while the mentor fussed that I did so much independently and seemed to not require the assistance others did, more often than not, when I did have questions, they were dismissed as to be addressed at a later time or not important to passing and getting a job in
the field, or I was asked to get with the mentor when they weren't busy with other students (and by my asking questions the mentor appeared to not know answers to, I seemed to make an enemy, and getting ANYthing done became much more difficult).

I spent a lot of time backing up, verifying and using outside sources in the industry to get the expert input and direction I'd actually chosen to pay TechSkills for rather than just studying on my own.

In the end, what suggestions the mentor did offer, a simple search on the web proved contradictory to what the experts in the respective fields recommended. Also, the first and only industry contact I received from the mentor, didn't seem to have a clue who this mentor was or sound like they'd
ever done anything with the mentor. This even though the mentor had presented the relationship with the contact as strong and long-standing with regular cooperation between them.

I'm pretty good at doing things on my own, but what really pushed me over, in so much as any faith in any weight that having completed a TechSkills program (with an A)might carry in a new career search, was getting emails and voice mails (many of which I've saved) asking me to re-send info misplaced or not recalled anymore, or to call to remind the mentor of something, or to make an appointment in order to set something up...and then when I'd follow up, it was implied that I was the one requesting the
activity or even demanding the attention over the mentor's students.

In addition to defending my actions/follow-ups as at the mentor's request, I always wanted to remind the mentor that I was also one of the mentor's "students" and am in debt thousands for that very poor decision.

Needless to say, on the occasions that calls or requests were initiated by me, the return email would simply overlook the subject matter questions, or I'd be asked to get back to the mentor when they had more time or returned from vacation time they were about to leave for etc (leading into another of
the previously described senario) etc.

I did complete the program, but am choosing to back it up with other courses and will not list TechSkills on my resume or use them in my job search for positions in this field, as the many miscommunications and confused responses of the mentor, while I was there, left me with a complete lack of faith that any verification calls that might be handled by this mentor would be handled well or knowledgably or, that said, professionally.

I would not recommend TechSkills so long as things stay as they are. When you pay or go into debt thousands and commit months of your life to something, you expect to get more than a stack of books and written worksheets and tests (the equiv of which I've found for free on the web through different sources, free lists of nec. books for study, and the web-based lectures equiv in the form of seminars/recorded lectures on their own for the cost of just the lectures etc).

• Te
      TECHSKILLSSUCKS Apr 13, 2012

Tech Skills was the biggest waste of money I have ever been through, like this person said, just a stack of books and crappy assignments that can all be found online, they told me "80% hands on training, rest for tests and work on the comp" It was more like the other way around, and now I am in DEBT trying to pay off this "student loan" for a bunch of ### teachers and it's all fraud. I would love to get my money back because they did not deliver. I do have a job in the field but thats because i found out I could get hired WITHOUT their services and could have done all of this FOR FREE on my own! They did nothing to help me, and by the time I got fed up with them and their crap, I was going to quit, but by that time of course I was still going to be responsible for paying for it. So i decided if I'm stuck paying for it anyway might as well stay, but it was the biggest waste of money and time in my life!!!

Techskills Cleveland, Ohio campus — Scam on tuition and classroom instrustion agreement

Beware of this school if they even still have the campus open in Independence ( was in existence as of...

TechSkillsTook my education for granted and scammed me!

I started at techskills 6-10. They promissed me on the job training on all office equipment: Multiline phone, copier, mail machine, how to do all medical forms in the office, work at your own pace, resume, cover letter help. Well that was a joke!! Your pretty much teaching yourself at their pace they set for you!! There are no Certified Instructors!! They are noneducated people like us with no education!! The one's that get jobs are the one's being paid by techskills to make techskills look good! People wake up and use your voice and put techskills to shame! I am ashamed of this place that calls themselves a school!!

TechSkills — liars

Techskills has over charged me for a class i have taken. They are taking money from the government on classe...

TechSkills of Sacramento — INFURIATED

I started my course 03/09/2009 my graduation date was to be 05/21/2010; I actually graduated on 12/14/2009...

TechSkills / MyComputerCareer.edu — cost-lies about product

I am a former Instructor of MyComputerCareer.com This company is a Certification Mill! I believe that the...

TechSkills ITSA programStudents beware.

I am currently attending TechSkills, Indianapolis campus. Director Treg. Let me tell you about my personal experience. I live paycheck to paycheck. When our paycheck comes in we dish out so much just to live, we end up with about $65 for gas, food etc. for the next 2 weeks. the rent is duplex, low income housing, 540. The one car we have is 85 per week buy here pay here. We pay electricity, phone, and internet. Thats it. Might not seem like much to you, but for a guy with a disabled spine who is in the process of a 3 year court appeal, and is "liability" limited at work to only 10 hours per week, this is all we have. We wouldn't eat if it weren't for the fact that we work at a gas station and can get free food that gets wasted out at night.
      Our solo jeep's differentials blow out mid 60mph, slamming us down to about 40mph in a 10 foot stretch, then eventually to the side of the road. Pay day is 12 days away.
      I am sitting at 22% course completion, with only 11% expiration. being 11% ahead in my school, and utilizing the current Leave of Absence policy, and not having any other way to get to school, I apply for the LOA under extenuating circumstances for 2 weeks, to get the money to start the repairs, get my jeep back, and make it to school. Seems reasonable yes?
      Treg calls the next day to deny my LOA saying it doesn't fall under appropriate guidelines. He tells me I have to make another 5 hours or get terminated. How I got there was no concern of his, or any of my instructors.
      The very next day, the LOA policy is 'redefined" and extenuating circumstances are no longer a part of it. Now it has become medical/emergency with documented proof. posted all over the home page of my student panel, I decide to pitch a ###. I provide documentation, proving I am truly in need, and TechSkills just adds more insult to injury, by offering a paid bus pass raffle to students who attend on a certain day (remember I can't get there to be a part of this raffle.) Furthermore, they have gone into my past activity panel, and changed my LOA request parameters to make damn sure it seems like I did not meet the requirements, and have no case to prove I did.
      All in all, TechSkills is just another company. Sure you might learn a few things here and there and even get certificates to work those fine jobs like tier 1 tech support (in India) but in the end, this company will rape you. Take it from someone who is bleeding $12, 000 from the ###, "Let the buyer beware."

TechSkills — Lack of Professionalism

Certainly did NOT receive the professional interaction appropriate for a school which professes to prepare...

TechSkillsMoney scam

7 years ago I signed up for a (membership) to Techskills(Kansas City) and was unable to follow through because of legal problems. I took the course for approximately 1 hour and was unable to finish. I had people get a hold of them to let them know that I was unable to finish and all they did was take the money and run. Now the lender (Key Bank, whom they don't deal with anymore) is holding me accountable for it 7 years later and have my credit report messed up so I can't buy a house. Now I am up in arms trying to figure out what to do to get this straightened out.

TechSkills — Fraudelant practices

I signed up for a so-called membership over 7 years ago and was unable to follow through with it because of a...

TechSkills — misrepresentation

My husband was scammed by this school. He is a veteran and was told by the "enrollment counselor" (a.k.a...

TechSkillsBad instructors

The girls work there are useless.they don't know anything . What they do all day is eating and chat on msn.!

• Ti
              Tiffanyprtslc Mar 15, 2010

Quit whining. Maybe if you did your homework instead of publicly whining you wouldnt be having a problem.

• Sh
              Sheeyah Jul 03, 2009

Well, I guess you're right. No techie would chat on MSN.

TechSkills.comProvide outdated text book

I've signed up for a CWNA class at the www.techskills.com campus in San Jose, California. The tution was quoted with the textbook provided by the school. When I started the class, an outdated paper text was LOANED to me and the instructor gave me an even older pdf version that he downloaded from the Internet. You can imagine that with a $2500 price tag, they would manage to provide you a current text version. They said if I want to have my own book, I have to buy it.
            AVOID THESE PEOPLE AT ALL COST!!! THEY ARE UNETHICAL AND ONLY CARE ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE!!!