TDS TelecommunicationsLate charges - payment processing

G Aug 24, 2020

Complaint against TDS Telecom,
On two or more occasions now I have been charged a $10 late charges that I don't believe were late.
The latest instance, is for the June/July 2020 service period due 7/27/20.
Because of upcoming vacation, I mailed payment for 2 services ($20 late charges) no later than 7/17/2020, 10 days before due date.
My checks were presented and/or cleared by bank on 8/3/2020.

I don't believe the USPS is at fault. For other checks written and mailed on and around 7/17, the longest time to clear the bank was 4 days!

I believe it is their bill/mail processor. But TDS doesn't care, because guess what, they get to charge late fees.

Previous this year I was charged late fees when the payment was mailed approximately 8 - 10 days before the due date.

In that case I was credited with one of the late fees thought both were in the same envelope.
I just had the experience of waiting 33 minutes without getting a customer service representative. This is after another attempt when I gave up after 25 minutes.

The TDS internet service is expensive and slow, but I see many people have complained about this.

Thanks