The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved TCF Bank — funds availability, overdrafts and fees
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
In their promotional material, TCF says "Tell your friends about the confidence you have in us." So, I will.
On Sept. 28 I opened an account at the TCF branch in my local Jewel. I wanted a separate account for my business travel expenses and the location was convenient. Opened the account with a $1500 expense check I'd received from my local employer (drawn on a local bank). On October 7 (9 days after opening account: 7 business days) I do an electronic funds transfer for $1200to pay my Amex bill -- and TCF bounces it and charges me $35!
I got nothing but blank stares at my local branch and nobody had a reasonable explanation other than "sometimes it takes longer for new account deposits to clear". Well, that's not my opinion of how you treat a new customer -- and it's probably a preview of more surprises to come -- so I closed my account.
As they suggested, I will gladly "tell me friends" that they should never do business with TCF Bank!
More TCF Bank Complaints & Reviews
- TCF Bank - tcf takes advantage of their customers!
- TCF Bank - hold on cash deposit
- TCF Bank - worst customer service ever
- TCF Bank - tcf to pay in class-action
- TCF Bank - fraud and customer service
- TCF Bank - overdraft fee fraud by tcf
- TCF - bad account transaction
- TCF Bank - Deposit availability confussion!
- TCF Bank - fraudulent charges
- TCF Bank - unethical practices