TCF Bankfunds availability, overdrafts and fees

J

In their promotional material, TCF says "Tell your friends about the confidence you have in us." So, I will.

On Sept. 28 I opened an account at the TCF branch in my local Jewel. I wanted a separate account for my business travel expenses and the location was convenient. Opened the account with a $1500 expense check I'd received from my local employer (drawn on a local bank). On October 7 (9 days after opening account: 7 business days) I do an electronic funds transfer for $1200to pay my Amex bill -- and TCF bounces it and charges me $35!

I got nothing but blank stares at my local branch and nobody had a reasonable explanation other than "sometimes it takes longer for new account deposits to clear". Well, that's not my opinion of how you treat a new customer -- and it's probably a preview of more surprises to come -- so I closed my account.

As they suggested, I will gladly "tell me friends" that they should never do business with TCF Bank!

• Sf
    SFC Brown Dec 15, 2009

I would have to agree that this bank has to be the worst bank i have ever worked with. I'm active duty military and back in September my wife and I lost our second child 11 hours after he was born. The military has a $10, 000 insurance policy on all children under 18 for active duty military. So when all the paper work was completed i received the benefits on 1 Dec 2009, i wrote a check for $3500.00 to be deposited into this account on the 6th, 2 days later the check posted to the account my benefits went to, but at TCF they placed it on hold and still stated t hey have problems varifying the deposit. But the other checks i worte have been posted and paid, this bank needs to be shut down never to open the doors again. I'm surprised the federal or state governments have not done an investigation on them because there are some shady deals going on with this bank.

• Cl
    clark o Zaccardi Oct 14, 2010

this bank specializes in nstealing from there patrons that cant afford to fight them back and the rude and very difficult costomer service is the worst that i have ever dealt with and it seams impossible to get any resolution wow! bank rips off costomer and they can leagaly get away with it! clark zaccardi @ [email protected]