Tampa Electric / Teco Energy Logo

Tampa Electric / Teco Energy

Having problems with Tampa Electric / Teco Energy?

Tampa Electric / Teco Energy Customer Service Contacts

+1 813 223 0800 (Hillsborough County)
+1 863 299 0800 (Polk County)
702 N. Franklin Street
Tampa, Florida
Postal Address
P.O. Box 111, Tampa, FL 33601-0111

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tampa Electric / Teco Energy Customer Service. Initial Tampa Electric / Teco Energy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tampa Electric / Teco Energy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tampa Electric / Teco Energy. Discuss the issues you have had with Tampa Electric / Teco Energy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Tampa Electric / Teco EnergyElectrical services account [protected]

I have been out of work for many months like millions of other citizens. I everything in my power to make high payments to the account. This month there a past due amount of 706.88 of which 347.00 is past due and the current balance is not due until later in the month of December. Teco threatening to turn off the service even paying the past due.

Aug 11, 2020

Tampa Electric / Teco Energy — Overcharges and late fees

So this company has got to be the biggest crooks I've ever came across. I've been constantly fixing and...

Tampa Electric / Teco EnergyLate fee on electricity

We are in a pandemic due to Covi19 Teco is doing payment arrangements and not disconnecting the electricity but is not helping the customers because they are charging late fee this doesn't make any sense and is getting worse with people that lost their job.

We the people deserve better is not our fault that this pandemic is a mess we just need someone to take action on this and help us with the Late fee . The pandemic is bad why you people make difficult for us

Tampa Electric / Teco Energygas bill

Since July 2019 m7y bill has gone up every 3 moths. It went up since last month! $ 34.00 in 5 months. RIPOFF! So called budget billig is a scam. To get off off budget billing you have to off a balnce the hold!

Terrible customer service. No one knows anything. Just read the script.

They just keep rasising my bill. No one knows why. t he meter was checked,
      made me make an apt to ave the guy the check again. It took 3 calls to do that! The good of checked everything when he was here, Not waste my and their time.

I live alone, have the same usage, and bill keeps going up very few months!

Someone need to investigaate this scammers.

I pay my bill every month. I am ripped off and treated like crap!

I wish there was another gas company I could take myy business too.

Tampa Electric / Teco Energyelectricity power

This company is the WORST! I wish I had another choice in company! My grandmother is VERY SICK! She has heart disease, congestive heart failure, is legally blind in one eye, has diabetes, neuropathy, and is 72 years old! She recently moved to Tampa (last week of April) and as a result has been very busy establishing new doctors and getting used to living in a new state. Things have been especially busy this past month; as a result, she forgot to put through her last payment. The next bill isn't due until the end of this month, but they turned her electric off WITHOUT warning!!! The state website clearly states, "The company must attempt to contact you by phone OR in person before they disconnect services." There were NO warnings, and the jerks waited until RIGHT BEFORE CLOSING to turn it off!!! So we couldn't get into contact with anyone for help until the next day!!! This whole thing is absolutely disgusting and immoral! They should be ashamed of themselves!!! But based on the multitude of negative reviews, they don't care. Of course not, because there is NO competition! They also did this to a friend; she went out of town for 2 weeks because her father was having major surgery (high risk of death) and she wanted to be there for him and her mother. Of course, she forgot to pay bill when it was due. Again, she was only gone for 2 weeks! She came home to an awful smell; everything in her fridge was spoiled because power was cut off. Again, NO warning was given. Their excuse (same given to grandmother) was that they put "PAST DUE" on the paper bill. That is NOT a phone call NOR is it IN PERSON! And it doesn't take into consideration when people have major life events and/or family emergencies! This company is disgusting and shameful, and they don't even care if everyone knows it!

Teco Tampa Electric And Peoples Gaselectric bill

Tampa electric company charges multiple charges on your electric bill. There's is basic service charge just to have the electic in your home for $16.00
          There is an additional use tax of approximately $16-$17. Plus $9 franchise fee charge. My actual usage came up to $32. Yet I'm paying almost $80.00 for 320. Sq ft Studio condo, with a wall unit AC. No central air.
          This is targeting the lower income people. When I resided in a more affluent area I did not have this many fees and taxes on my electric bill.
          Their reconnection fee is also rediculous. They disconnected my electricity on the same day I called to inform them that I had made an online payment but I didn't get confirmation number, so I wasn't sure if payment was accepted. I spoke to rep, who assured me that I had no disconnect order. On the very evening my electricity became disconnected. I paid my bill in full then my payment was credited to their gas company instead of the electric then turned around and billed me again for the same Month. When you call they have reps trained to reinforce and offer zero solution is their solution.

Teco Electric — Deposits

They want me to $240 up front for my new account that's way too much for a single mother like me now I don't...

Tampa Electric / Teco EnergyHigh Electric Bill and Unethical Behaviour

7/14/2016 This is the WORST ELECTRIC company. I made my payments online and the/ website said payment processed. Few days later my light was cut off. I have a small apartment and pay so much each month. I ask for a breakdown of my bill and they said it's summer and your bill is going to be high. This is a monopoly in Tampa and I should be able to pick my electric supplier. When they are at fault (long wait time on the phone, outdated website, or mailing your bill late) they charge you.

Teco Peoples Gas — Gas Shut Off

On June 29, 2016, Teco had order to come to my house and shut off the main valve in order to proceed with a...

Tampa Electric — Electricity Service Billing Practices

In this day and age you would expect to be able to simply log on to a TECO internet site and pay your bill...

Tampa Electric Company (Teco)Service Deposit

10/29/2015 Prior to moving to Florida I contacted TECO and was informed of a $460 security deposit based on two months of service. I paid the amount over the phone and incurred an additional $4.95 convenience fee. Upon move in, the previous occupant could not finalize his service/bill due to the payment I made not showing up in their system. I contacted TECO (30 min hold time) and was able to fix the issue when the customer service representative saw the payment. Two weeks later we received a "Final Notice" stating we were going to have our power shut off because we have failed to make the security deposit payment. Again I contacted TECO (50 min hold time) provided them with the receipt number for our original deposit payment and hopefully ended this issue. I asked the representative about customer compensation in the form of a credit based on the phone calls and hold times I had to endure for something they should have been taking care of. She informed me that TECO does not offer any such thing. That is a first for me... no way to compensate customers?! Seems like TECO holds all of the cards and everyone is at their mercy. If I would not have called my power may have been turned off and warnings of a $55 or $165 fee applied to my account. Unfortunately there are no other options and TECO has the monopoly.

• Li
                  liberty1776 Oct 30, 2015

Oh my God, grow up...

Teco — trying to charge another deposit cause my husband passed

Hello, I am on ssi and before my late husband died (before he was able to move in) the electric was in hi...

Teco Gasgas bill

we have TECO gas in st Petersburg going on five years, we have a gas range and gas water heater. we are renters that use the same amount of gas on average for showers and cooking, washing dishes but I have noticed our bill states are gas use has gone up double the amount that's been stated on the last 4 years gas bills, our average bill was $25 to $28 dollars a month now its been averaging $40 to $43 a month. when contacting customer service they state the increase is due to fees and taxes but according to the bill a increase of fees which equals $2.37 wouldn't double our bill, so they were no help. we occupy the garage apartment and one of the Tennant's in the home in front of us has TECO gas but I've never seen a meter reader in our backyard checking his meter I've only seen them checking ours which is outside of our fence close to an alley. also on our bill it says residential 2 but on back of bill where they list type of residence or business accounts it only lists residential so what does the 2 mean? again cs was no help.

Teco Electric — Refund deposit mailed to wrong address

I closed my Teco account due to moving out of Hillsborough county. My refund for deposit wad issued 3/3/2014...

TecoCustomer service

I called in to TECO this morning to ask for an extension on my account. I stayed on hold for 50 mins before I got to a rep. That is inexcusable, imo. I work in a call center environment and if we have a customer holding for more than 2 mins we appologize to the customer. TECO nets over 300 million a year, hire some more people! This rep denies my request of a 2 week extension on a $155 bill, because there was a interruption in services within the last year. 1st the interruption was 10 months ago and was interrupted for all of 2 hours! I ask to speak to a supervisor and was left on hold for another 21 minutes... again inexcusable! This supervisor again says I don't qualify for an extension. After telling her what I felt about this conversation she offers me a 1 week extension. What good is a 1 week extension if I get paid bi-weekly?? TECO'S CUSTOMER IS PISS POOR!! They have a monopoly and don't give a crap about their customers. My total bill (not past due) is only $155 freakin dollars and they cant give me a 2 week extension after being on hold for an hour and 15 mins??

• Pa
                      Pankaj Ojha Jul 24, 2014

I moved 8 days back to the home and got robbed by TECO. They sent me a Bill of 885kwh for 8 days. I am shocked.How is possible.I was not even at home for lot of these days. I hardly used 50kwh in these days and they are charging for 900 gross injustice.Can anybody guide what to do or there is no way out ?

• Tl
                      tlover Aug 26, 2009

why do you think that you can have people butcher trees around someones property.they should not be able to useing your name but you pay them to cut big holes in trees in people yards

Johali Jul 24, 2009

Division of Housing and Community Development

Division Home (FloridaCommunityDevelopment.org)

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program

TecoBilling

Please complain with the Public Service Commision! I am positing this on every teco site I know so that someone will finally do something. We should flood them with our complaints as there really is no other option. TECO is practicing bad business techniques and can get away with it because we have no other options. So please go to http://www.psc.state.fl.us/utilities/ and file a complaint.

• Re
                        Reviewer63464 Nov 20, 2015

hi my name is bryana oliver and I have an open account with teco its stating on my credit that I have an unpaid amount of 175 that is open from 2011 which I been paid its making my credit score look bad and no one still hasn't removed it form my credit.

Teco Gas — reconnection fee is ridiculously high

Teco gas has decided to cut me off when i have always paid 2 months at a time, this month right before...

Teco — Power shut off

I just moved from France to USA, and therefore my SSN is new and don't have a credit history. Because of...

Teco EnergyNO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE IN THIS DEPT.

My fiance and I moved into a rental home just in the past couple of weeks, we took the lease over from friends due to them moving out and making the house available. We assumed that the electricity was either still on in their name or transferred to the landlord since in was currently on. On July 9th, 2012 a police officer and a representative from TECO show up at my door and state to my fiance that the electricity at this location was on illegally and they would be cutting it off. Although the electrical box was locked up with a standard TECO tag that was obviously place on the box by TECO. Well since we had already emailed TECO about starting service in our name, I went to a local ACE check cashing facility and paid the deposit as required in the return email that we received with the account number for our new account. After paying the deposit I contacted customer service to report to them the receipt number as required. The gentleman that answered the phone took all the information and proceeded to place me on hold, after holding for just over 32 minutes he comes back on the line and gives me a number to contact another division, concerning electricity theft and loss prevention, which I called three times and left three messages and my fiance did the same no one ever picked up the phone or returned a call. I am a father of four the oldest 7 and the youngest 8 months, I explained on the message that I had just purchased over 300.00 dollars in groceries that were in the refridgerator and would go bad if we did not correct the situation. I also went one step further and contacted the lady that just vacated the home and made sure that she also had no account problems with TECO. She informed me that TECO had just started new service at her home on Florida that same day and her account was in good standing. I contacted the owner of the home and he also has an account in good standing, and last but not least I contacted TECO to insure that my fiance had no prior negative history with TECO and she does not. She was just refunded her deposit from TECO that was issued from our previous location. So without having spoken to anyone at TECO in the loss protection department I contacted my attorney Mr. Norman Canella and he got me a phone number to JORGE CERMENO a vice president in that division in Tampa and I left him a message at 7pm. Hopefully I should have contact with someone tomorrow but wanted to inform you that although I understand the importance of controlling theft, it should be just as important to take care of customers that have paid TECO on time and have had no previous problems or the at least have the company contact them in a timely fashion. I will be forwarding the receipts from my grocery store dated and time stamped as well as my receipt for the hotel that I will have to pay this evening and will be expecting TECO to reimburse me those expenses. Thank you for your time and looking forward to speaking with a representative SOON... J. Guzman

TecoDeposit / high bills

TECO turns off the power a few weeks ago, our mobile home heated up to 90 degress and I have asthma, really great when they received more than half of the bill, they wanted the other half that week and I did not have it, had to borrow from everysingle person imaginable, completely broke, disabled husband who is working and I work very little hours. Now they want a hugh deposit and another bill...$600.00! that is half of our income!! Someone please help us TECO is robbing us and so many people blind where are our leaders and hearts to people who have been destroyed by this economy thru no fault of their own? I never had problems paying my bill until this year. I want an attorney or someone to email me: [protected]@aol.com about a class action lawsuit against TECO and leaving people in extremely hot conditions, and all of our food went bad that was worth all of my miniscul foood stamps of $85.00!
                        M. Pritt- I am ready to sue!! I even wrote the Governor hoping to stir attention and filed a formal complaint with the PUC.

• Pa
                            Pankaj Ojha Jul 24, 2014

Somebody please Sue TECO, this is gross injustice in country like USA. They are bringing bad name to the Beautiful country and beautiful system. They are robbing customers.