Complaints & Reviews

Tree service disregard for other wires

On February 31, 2017 the tree service used by Central Hudson cut a tree along the power line Knowing one of the tree branches was going to cut the telecom line to 12 Valley View Road. The tree service did not alert us before or after, nor did they communicate with the telephone company. When confronted by me, thier response was that it was not their problem. I got the same response from the Central Hudson Customer Service line. Central Hudson demonstrated complete disregard for their customers.

Horrible Customer Service

CH knows that they have no competition in this area and they treat their customers like inconveniences. They had me on hold over a half hour last night just to get a message that they were closing and I could try again later. Today, they had me on hold for over an hour to tell me they'd send a representative sometime today. "Sometime" and I should be happy they were squeezing me. How silly of me not to realize that I should pay their inflated rates and be happy with whatever they supply. If you ever have the chance to do business with CH run away quickly

• Th
    The American Way Mar 26, 2011

I couldn't agree more, there ought to be a law against the inhumane treatment they give to their customers. 15 degrees out and were stuck here with no power, heat, phone, etc. for the weekend, when the bill was paid yesterday, nothing we can do, no phone to call just have to wait till they decide to let us know they recieved our payment. Cell phones don't even work in this area.

• Tr
    Trayb Jul 17, 2016

I totally agree! I made a $350 phone payment on 5/31/2016 and when I got my bill it was taken out 2x which is very alarming! I called their customer service and Cassondra told me it will take 7-10 business days to receive my check! I'm totally annoyed! It takes 24-48 hours to take money out of my account so why must I wait that long to receive my money! They jack up prices all year long! During the summer my gas part of bill is low since I don't really turn on AC but electricity is usually high? They gonna money out of ppl no matter what!

John Simmons Oct 16, 2017

My name is John Simmons today I was driving down Liberty street in Newburgh NY, and I was at the intersection of Liberty and Broad St. I wanted to enter Broad St to park my car in the drive way on Broad St. A utility man was standing on the corner and I asked him if I could enter the street they had blocked off. This man was too busy talking on the phone to properly answer my question. After asking him three times he clearly stated I don't have time for you [censor]. I am a tax paying person, and my tax money goes to the replacement of the gas lines that is being performed. Is this what my tax money is paying for to pay a man to be on his phone while working and call me a [censor]. I do not wish to give my address for fear that this man or the others that work with him could try to damage my home or car. But these photos I am sending speak for its self. I really hope action wil be taken if not I will send these pictures to every news paper I can and show what my taxes area paying for.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices