Having problems with Alabama Power?

Alabama Power Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 430 5787 (Business Customer Service)
+1 800 888 2726 (Report a Power Outage)
+1 800 245 2244 (Residential Customer Service)
+1 800 990 2726 (Products & Services Assistance)
600 18th Street North
SatClosed
SunClosed
Payment Address
PO Box 242, Birmingham, AL 35292

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Alabama Power Customer Service. Initial Alabama Power complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Alabama Power above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Alabama Power. Discuss the issues you have had with Alabama Power and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Dec 25, 2020

Alabama Power — Double charging for a bill that was paid in full

Lost my job due to covid-19 at the end of March so I made an arrangement for the bill in September to pay the...

Dec 11, 2020

Alabama Power — Alabama Power

My mother passed away unexpectedly on June 9th 2020 after undergoing triple bypass surgery. After her...

Alabama PowerPower

I have called and complained a few times. I have underground power. Alabama Power came in and added a bunch of hardware on our power pole. Since the hardware was added, the power is so revved up, it is vibrating my entire side wall of my house. I have two bedrooms on that wall. Two neighbors use 5G and have a car that you charge. The people at Alabama Power spend two minutes and look at the smart meter. It's the hardware on the pole. It vibrates my house & has turned it into a torture resonance chamber. It feels like a generator under my house.

Alabama PowerFrequent power outages

We have frequent power outages in our neighborhood even when there not bad weather. This is a black neighborhood and we have contacted ala. Power several times about this issue but no improvements have been made to the area. Obviously there needs to be an equip. Update! These are some dates we have had outage 6//13/18, 6/26/19, 7/16/18, 8/22/18, 2/22/192/18/19, 3/7/19, 4/22/19, 5/1/19, 5/21/19, 6/7/19, 6/19/19, 4/19/20, 5/1/2011/7/20, 11/7/20, 12/1/20. No one in the city of montgomery has these many power outages we have spoken to neighbors in other areas. We would like the same power system that vaughn rd. And other areas such as that have.

Oct 31, 2020

Alabama Power — Abdication of responsibility to public safety public is unable to report dangerous conditions

The public is unable to report dangerous conditions despite the fact that Alabama Power claims that you can...

Oct 08, 2020

Alabama Power — Deposit to start service

I recently purchased a new home and having the power turned on in my name, I currently live in an apt that...

Alabama PowerBeing billed for an address i've never used

Hi my name is christeena kizziah I recently (2 days ago) filled out a request for service at an adress I formerly had service on. I was later se rved with an e-mail stating that I owed 472.00 for an adress of idlewood. I myself have not lived there what so ever. I am hospital had a c-section and deli vered a baby girl today. The adress I am applying for is where I am supposed to bring this baby home to. We really need to get this straightened out as soon as possible. Thank you. I can be contacted at [protected] and [protected]@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2020

Alabama Power — Constant power outages!!! Please help!!!

I live in Selma, AL and lately, I am constantly having power outages! Every strong storm that comes through...

Alabama PowerService

Worst power company ever! Do NOT move to AL, the reason you ask? AL power! It takes them 20+ hours to resolve a minor power issue. They are in no rush to turn your power back on! We've had food ruin in the fridge because the power was out for so long. This is not an every once in awhile problem, it's frequently!! Even when there are no storms! Pathetic company, selfish for not thinking of their customers. When the power is out past 4hours AL power should pay our groceries that are ruined!

Service

Alabama PowerCosts remain higher than they should

I have called prior with cost of electric bills in winter. My costs should drop significantly with no central heat or ac used due to use exclusively of natural gas heat. My costs still remain higher than they should including my storage building which has recently doubled in price even with nothing to be using more electricity. Prior calls resulted in them telling me my water heater may have a leak causing it to run more which was not the case. I am finding when the temps drop and others power bills increase they increase mine also. Mine should be lower than ever during the winter months. I need to know what I need to do to seek action.

Feb 08, 2020

Alabama Power — Terrible customer service

At the Anniston, AL locate customer service is terrible. Personally after talking to a Ms.Blackwell and her...

Alabama Powerdryer

My name is erica spivey I called on november 6 about my dryer the 3rd party appliance direct finally came out by the end of november to fix it the dryer worked for 3 weeks and went out again december 16 someone at alabama power dropped the ball because my work order wasn't even put in until that friday the 3rd party finally came out that tuesday upon my demands the tech is stating that my timer keeps going out so i'm still without a dryer and they want be back until january 6th this is totally unacceptable and I have been patient long enough I have talked to 2 supervisors and they haven't helped any either could someone please help me with this on going matter. [protected], [protected]@yahoo.com
            Thanks

Dec 16, 2019

Alabama Power — customer service

Received disconnect notice from APCO on 16DE19 advising I have a payment due by 13DEC19 as my funds have been...

Alabama Powerpower

For some unknown reason I haven't received my monthly bill, as though it was never sent. My neighbor gets one, but not I. And so my bill is huge this month which is understandable. But because of there carelessness I most likely will have late fees to add to the bill. I 've never been late or had a problem in the 10 or more years I've had there power. I'm am 80 years old and I have to have power and I need to be reminded of my payments. So I can only think that this company doesn't gives a damn about its customers.

James Rice

Dec 05, 2019

Alabama Power — disconnect

Light bill due on 11/18/19 disconnected 11/27/19 day before Thanksgiving. Birthday was 11/25/2019. Needle...

Alabama Powerbilling

Statements have been arriving closer and closer to the due date for years; I have kept records and discussed this with "customer service" reps who seem to believe in instantaneous transmission of statements to USPS when the fact is it obviously takes days between printing and actual delivery to the hands of USPS, longer than Alabama Power will admit to, in some cases it has to be three to five days. Alabama Power, of course, blames USPS. Come on, the average mail transit time from BHM to MGM isn't five to seven days days.

• Updated by petersow · Dec 01, 2019

I have lost count how many brief to extended period outages have occurred today. The first was 2am to 3:40am. There were on-and-off outages all day, from seconds to minutes long. Just now we had another outage that lasted 20 minutes or so. To add insult to injury the automated system stated severe weather as the cause but there hasn't been any, just some wind and rain. Now I understand why Alabama Power stopped using the tag line "always on.". My appliances are taking a beating with all the on and off, on and off...

Nov 22, 2019

Alabama Power — customer service is terrible!!!

I spoke to customer service today after I discovered my power was off, I was told that I had a returned...

Nov 13, 2019

Alabama Power — high utility bills

Well i have been having high utility bill that are 500 dollars a month since i have been living in my...

Alabama Powerpower bill

I was suppose to be on budget billing my bill, I'm on a fixed income and my bill was higher than my check. My lights were disconnected i had 5 days to pay the bill. I had no way to pay the 383.00 bill, my check comes once a month. they disconnected my lights and in order to get my lights restored, I have to pay 1862.41. So I have to be in my house without lights. You have to pay twice your monthly bill and double your deposit. I don't understand, if I couldn't pay 383, I most certainly can't pay 1800, on a light bill. Get help? From who everyone I called said they had no funds available. I moved to Alabama after we went through hurricane Michael, I am 73 years old and the little savings I had I used to move out of Bay County Florida. Florida is a lot more willing to work with you than Alabama

Alabama Powerwet floor

I went in to pay my bill [protected]). It has been raining all night. Well as im walking in, I fell because the floors were wet.. Well I fell and twisted my knee. There were no wet floor signs. And there were also no rugs down to help catch the water thats tracked in. The lady that wached me fall and get back up did not even acknowledge that I had fallen.. She then proceeded to get the wet floor signs. Please give me a call to address my concerns.. [protected] Bethany Mitchell