Having problems with Boston Proper?

Boston Proper reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 29, 2009. The latest review Return - promised a refund-never received was posted on Feb 9, 2021. The latest complaint Rip off, do not shop there was resolved on Mar 08, 2010. Boston Proper has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 12 reviews. Boston Proper has resolved 2 complaints.

Boston Proper Customer Service Contacts

Sat24h
Sun24h

Boston Proper Complaints & Reviews

Boston ProperReturn - promised a refund-never received

I purchased a top on 12/19/2019, received the top and within days I was diagnosed with cancer. I completely forget about the top due to many months of chemotherapy and only concentrating on my health. I was going through my closet and noticed I had not returned the top so I decided to send it back even though it was past their return policy. The tags were on the top and I could not wear it because it did not fit me now. They sent the top back to me because of their return policy . I realize that it was way past the return policy but the top is in excellent condition. I called customer service and they told me to keep the top and that they would issue a refund, I still have not received the refund. I am emailing and calling customer service and still have not received the refund.

Boston Properunprofessional and unreliable service, poor product quality

I am shopping quite a lot, and made the unfortunate experience to try out Boston Proper. I've ordered a bathing suit for my vacation with supposedly 2 day shipping...just in time for departure. Once I received the order confirmation, it appeared that the 2 day shipping would now take 7days instead. The very second I reached out to customer service and canceled the order. I left for vacation, and once I got back, the package was sent anyways. I called customer service right away, who acknowledged that they got notified by me to cancel the orders, but however and they send the package anyways while I was gone...supposedly even twice. Now here is the joke...they refused to take the original packed item back, since it was past the return period. The customer service was extremely rude (I talked to someone called Kim/Supervisor, who also refused to provide her employee ID). Have never experienced such a unprofessional company, and would not recommend to order there.

Boston Proper — delayed order... no communication

Hello. I have been with Boston Proper for a number of years. I have recommended this online catalog to many...

Boston Properall clothing

I have purchased your products for well over a decade and the quality has dropped so significantly that the last order I placed everything was returned. Past recent orders the tops look worn and cheap after a couple wearings, sweater balls up, etc. I used to exclusively buy your products and Cache, which went out of business, and I'm going to have to find another clothing line that has the quality you now lack. So sorry to see your product deteriorate.

Boston Propercheap clothes

Despite all of the good reviews, this company is really bad. Their clothes are poorly made and they use very cheap materials, so I don't understand why some clothes are so overpriced.
        I wasn't happy with the items I received. Like I said they were made of a cheap material, looked cheap as well and were uncomfortable for wearing, even though it was my size. It seems that these clothes were sewed in China, that's how bad it was...

Boston ProperI'm very disappointed with this website

I have ordered some clothing from www.bostonproper.com and everything I received was at least two sizes smaller. I contacted customer service and asked for a replacement, but they said that my size was not in stock. Then I asked for a refund and they agreed but refused to pay for the return shipping. They said that I have to return everything at my own expense. Shipping was way too expensive, so there was no point in doing that.
          I'm very disappointed with this website, will not order from them again.

www.bostonproper.com — Seller doesn't return money back

I ordered bikini from the company www.bostonproper.com. The order arrived on time, but the bra didn’t...

Boston ProperTerrible customer service

This was my first ordered from this company and I paid for next day shipping. I did not receive my item next day. I called customer service and they said there was an issue with my card. There was no issue with my card. They said that they called my home to tell me about the issue--I NEVER received a single call. I don't think I should have been charged next day shipping since I did not receive my item next day. The woman in customer service said they called twice--that was a lie. I reminded her that in customer service the customer is always right and that I wanted the shipping cost taken off my order, and in response--she HUNG UP one me!!! What? You would think that with this terrible economy they would want to keep a customer rather than insult one. Too bad for them. I am a good customer and when I find a company I like--I am loyal. They have lost me forever with there appalling customer service.

Boston ProperUnreliable and has terrible customer service

In February 2011 I ordered three items from Boston Proper. I paid for Fed Ex ground shipping. It is May 27, 2011, and I still have not received my order. When I track it, it says that it is in Memphis, TN?. I have called Boston Proper twice and asked to be fully refunded my purchase price to the credit card I used|. Both times, the Boston Proper customer service representative said she would have to investigate and that someone would contact me within ten days;. I have never been contacted by a customer service representative for a follow up;. I cannot seem to get a customer representative who can actually do anything to remedy the problem and none to date will credit me back for the goods I never received, . I caution all who read this regarding ordering from Boston Proper?. I order goods off of the internet frequently and I have never posted a negative comment about a company, but I am moved to in this instance". Buyer beware!!!

Boston ProperDissatisfied service

If I may blog a complaint about Boston Proper to you gals... I hope you won't mind my soapbox for a moment. I received both of those coupon codes in the mail and tried to use them both on separate orders and the company wouldn't let me use more than one. The back of the postcard indicated that I was allowed to use the code only once but they sent me two postcards with two separate codes. I re-tried purchasing with the codes three times over the last week only to find my order cancelled again and again and again. So, using more of my time, tonight I called and they told me that I was only allowed one code per address. My purchases would have totaled over $300 but I guess the one code valued at a $20 discount meant more to them so... for as cute as their clothes are... I have to say, I am done shopping at Boston Proper. Good customer service would have admitted that although they should have only sent me one code, they would honor both. But they didn't. And so, I am done.

Boston ProperRip off, do not shop there

My daugther purchased a sweater for me from Boston Proper for my birthday. I returned it for credit because the size was too big. I followed instruction using the returned lable that was provided and mailed it from post office and paid for returned shipping. It has been nearly 4 weeks and they claimed they did not have the item and that it was my problem that the package did not get there. Their customer service is the worst that I've ever dealt with. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! They basically steal from their customer to make profit.

Boston ProperDo not order from them

I recently received a new fall catalog from Boston Proper & was disgusted to note clothing items trimmed in

natural fox fur. In this day & age of many synthetic fabrics which mimic the properties of natural furs, I find it appalling that this retailer, which supposedly directs its marketing to educated, successful modern women, would stock clothing produced at the cost of beautiful wild animals' lives. Slaughtering foxes to use their furs to frivolously adorn clothing is offensive beyond words. Needless to say, I will not be ordering from Boston Proper in the future, and neither will any of my friends.