The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Swinton Car Insurance — fraud and scam
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My parents are pensioners and were due to collect a new car. They rang Swinton and told them they needed to transfer their insurance and wanted a quote for the new car. Swinton, knowing the date they were due to collect the new car, said they'd ring them back. Three days later Swinton hadn't rang them back so I had to quickly get them insurance for their new car over the internet (which was probably a lot cheaper anyway). We didn't hear anything from Swinton until a month later when they wrote demanding a cancellation fee of £50! They now refuse to even tell us on what date they cancelled the insurance - I suspect it would have run out by then anyway and this is just a way of obtaining £50 from us as they lost the business because they couldn't be bothered returning a phone call.
I will be complaining to their head office, then FSA and possibly asking Age Concern to help, the customer service is non-existent, they are very aggressive in demanding money and refuse to answer basic queries. They certainly shouldn't behave in this manner towards pensioners.
More Swinton Car Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Swinton Insurance - bad service
- Swinton Insurance - illegal bank withdrawals
- Swinton Insurance - silent calls
- Swinton Insurance - extra charges for their mistakes
- Swinton Insurance - withholding no claims certificate
- Swinton Car Insurance - they owe me bank charges back and have not yet recieved them.
- Swinton Insurance Eltham Branch - continual problems + poor service
- Swinton Insurance - expensive insurance and bad customer service
- Swinton Car Insurance - overcharging
- Swinton Car Insurance - watch out