Having problems with Supercuts?

Supercuts reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 26, 2006. The latest review Resolution on a bad haircut was posted on Feb 17, 2021. The latest complaint Salon manager was resolved on Aug 03, 2018. Supercuts has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 177 reviews. Supercuts has resolved 30 complaints.

Supercuts Customer Service Contacts

7201 Metro Boulevard
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Supercuts Complaints & Reviews

Supercutswait, wait. wait

I arrived and noticed a 4-5 year old getting a haircut...one stylist on duty. I waited more than a half an hour while she cut his hair one strand at a time. An adult was sitting in the next station and by his tatoos and the stylist tatoos, they were related...

My complaint is: I am 69 years old and have a full head of hair and they very seldom take no more than 10 minutes to cut my hair. Is this kid going to have an audience with the Queen? Is he the stylist's child? Does anyone care about customer service?

I have been getting my hair cut by Super Cuts since 1990 at different locations and I believe this was my last visit. The stylist should be sent on her way...by the way, others lthat arrived after me left before I did! What a way to ruin a customer base...

• Po
      pobarjenkins Apr 16, 2011

Did you have an appointment? I don't think you can get an appointment at Super Cuts, so I'm guessing not. Also, haircuts there run about $10. If you want excellent service, make an appointment elsewhere and pay up. Why should the kid get a crappy hair cut because you think you're royalty? Should they have just pushed the kid aside so that you, who arrived after the child, could go first? Did YOU have a meeting with the Queen?

Also, what TheLoveFist said.

Supercuts — the customer service at supercuts

i walked into a supercuts hair salon and was refused service a colour for my hair they said they coudlnt do...

Supercutsbad employer

I had worked as a stylist at a few Supercuts for a few years. I have been a cosmetologist since 1991. Supercuts and Great Clips were the worst employers I ever had! My coworkers were very unprofessional. They dressed like prostitutes. They had inappropriate conversations regularly, even in front of other peoples children. They ususally talked about, bar hopping, doing drugs, sex, cheating welfare, the ### they dated, their tattoos, their periods, their std's, and their newly pierced nipples. I avoided them by cleaning the shop when I wasn't doing a haircut. I was the only ladylike, experienced, moral, professional that worked there in those shops. It was a horrible work environment. They required stylists to do fast 13 minute haircuts, 3 per hour, and sell at least 10% in products. They knew I had asthma, so when they smoked, they would leave the back door open so the stink would come in the salon, so I could not breathe. I would cough a hundred times. Never again, will I ever work for another chain salon with unprofessional sluts! I have been doing hair since out of highschool and I am now almost 40 years old. I have seeen it all. At a salon meeting at Supercuts, the manager encouraged the stylist to show some cleavage and flirt with men. I am a good stylist and have great skills, therefore I do not need to be a slut and show my boobs and flirt with customers. I have gone back to college a few times just so I can escape the business of slutty beauty chain salons.

Supercuts — butchered my hair

I dropped my mother off to get her nails done and decided to walk next door to Super cuts for a trim. I have...

Avondale

Supercutsclosed early

i went to the salon at 3 pm the store closes at 5 and the stylist informed me that they were closed due to the fact the wait was 2 hours long. 2 hours before they close? i have worked in many of stores and never have we stopped taking customers 2 hours before closing!

• Po
          pobarjenkins Sep 26, 2010

If you weren't going to get served anyways, why do you care if it was closed anyways?

Supercuts — bad manners... unaccommodating

At one point in time, I felt like a valued customer at this particular salon, but not recently. I became a...

Supercutspoor customer service

I walked into the store after work to get a hair cut from a certin person, I was told that she had two other people in front of me and they were out doing errons. So i asked how long it would be the girl Caroline told me it would be about 25min. so i said I would wait. put me on the list. I stepped out of the store for about 20 min. When i returned she was cutting a guys hair there was another lady sitting there with her little boy who was not on the so called list. Now at this time she had a phone call and someone was trying to get prices on color and cut, she was really rude to the person and slamed the phone down, not very professionel. At this point I was feeling like maybe this was not a good time to get my hair cut. Now she finishes with the man and then informs me she has to cut the kids hair first at this time Ihave all ready waited about 35 min. I asked her what happened to the so called list. She told me the other hair dresser was not finished with her person and she had to do the little boy first. At this point Itold her again that she had put me on the list, she became rude so I decided it would just be better if I leave instead of gettig a really bad hair cut! I have been getting my hair cut byCaroline for the last 5 or 6 times and Ihave taken both of my kids and my mother to her. Bad dession on her part I always tipped her 5.00 . Now she has lost the store 4 costomers she should be called down for her nonprofessionable attiude!I won'be back Thank-You caroline!!!

SupercutsI was absolutely astounded by the service i got at Supercuts

I was absolutely astounded by the service i got at supercuts, it was horrible, all the stylists were just mean ### bullies, rude, loud, talking about sex, talking about inappropriate things with customers, talking about there boobs, telling customers, nope, we cant do this style or that style, they get mad and angry with the customer, if the customer doesnt like there haircut, they will say, its not my problem... if you dont like it go somewhere else. its is probably one of the worst salons i have ever seen, it is by far the worst business i have ever seen conducted.

And complaints are never really taken seriously, the boss never writes any of those girls up, and they are just absolute horrible women in there and always have a rude ego to go with them. do not ever go to grants pass supercuts !!! and the tools are gross as well, and the floor is dirty!

• Bk
              bkbbbb Jan 08, 2012

It is really sad I worked for a privite owner for 16 years and it was not like that until regis took over, after 16 years with the name supercuts I became a number they do not give a ### about the stylist or the customers all they care about is products, They now put stylist on the floor before they even go to HSA!! So remember customers if you go yo the store on 405 N, Federal Hwy. pompano beach Fla. 33062 you will not get a great haircut like you use to, but you will be hounded about buying a product!!! So good luck!!!

• Mo
              monique5 Mar 15, 2011

suerpcuts dotn rent chairs and they send there stylists to rigourous training learning useless pinch partings and c shapes instead of working on customer service > I agree they are rude i am talking as a customer and a stylist i would never tell anyone to step foot in one much less get a hair cut in one ever .

• Th
              Thialynn Feb 07, 2011

Yesterday I went to the Supercuts in Boynton Beach, Wow! I had the nastiest Phillipino hairstylist, with the most over inflated know it all ego, treated me the client as if I was a stupid nothing. I was not even allowed to sit in the chair for a hair cut, she told me to remove my glasses made me stand up, turned my body away from the mirror then took a mans clippers, and started clipping my hair she did not even take the time to listen to what I wanted she told me that she had been a stylist since the 1980s and she knew what she was doing I wanted to cry. Both of my children were listening as she proceeded to call me horrible names to the other clients and stylists, she talked her head off, and was the most nasty, unprofessional bully I had ever encountered, never again.

Supercuts — supercuts

I have read many complaints about Supercuts, well, I have seen people respond to them by "I am a stylist...

Hamilton

Supercutsstaff

I went into Supercuts the other day to get a haircut and your stylist, Danielle cut my hair. While I was paying, she didn't give me a receipt as I was getting my coat on, I noticed her putting in the register that she charged me for a senior cut, but i payed for an adult cut. Just thought you'd like to know about your staff. Also, it's ashame that another one of your sylists, Peggy is late everyday and she's still there. Don't you think it's time to clean up before it's to late?

Supercuts — poor customer service, bad haircut

I went in the supercuts in austin texas in oak hill. I was helped by an ashley, the manager and she was rude...

Supercuts — dissatisfaction

I went to Supercuts for highlights for longer hair (about 4 inches past my shoulders) and for my whole head...

Supercutsscam artists

WorstCuts this is the right name. People don't get fooled by the name it is not good at all I had a horrible experience with them. They are a rip off. I have never had such a horrible cut in my life. They ruined my hair totally. I told the stylist what it was that I wanted. But she was busy talking to her friend and not paying attention to what I had to say. She was very rude too. After she finished I was almost in tears. I had beautiful long hair which she made like a mop on my head. I was very angry and I asked for the manager o owner any one. I wanted to get a discount because she ruined my hair totally. The stylist said the owner wasn't there. I went home in a way that no one could see what was done to my hair. I was very unhappy and did not go out tell my air grew enough so that it did not look funny any more. Do not go to Supercuts.

• Tr
                  Trang diggins Nov 15, 2010

it's was the same to me . i took my friend there to dye her hair and finally her hair turn out really funny color( the color was not get into the root at all ) and the stylish keep saying it's not her fault and she didnt want to fix it . (wth ???) They charged her 70 bucks for that and said sorry . That's it !! 70 bucks to ruin people hair . this is the worst experience that i never ever have before . i'd rather do it at home than go to the professional hair salon to ruin my hair and rip off people money so easy like this .

Supercuts — discrimination, jealousy

I have been an awesome employee for Supercuts for almost 8 years. I have seen so many stylists and manager...

Supercuts — terrible haircut and stylist

So I decided to give it a try and get a trim from Supercuts since my regular hairstylist will be off for a...

Supercuts — highlights sucked

Marilyn from this store was very pushy and gave me a pathetic highlight job. I should have known better to...

Greenlawn

Supercuts — disrespectful business practice

Rude adn disrespectful, and lack of communication skills. 1) This branch, as a whole, continually...

Supercutsruined shirt

A stylist ruined a shirt with hair color which stained the back of shirt. about an 8" stain. Owner won't return calls regarding the replacement of shirt and no one offered to replace it while there. Are there any laws in SC that require them to replace damaged clothing. Manager is a great person for the store but OWNER, Mary, calls the shots and will not return my calls regarding this.
                What are my options?

anonymous44 Jun 03, 2009

i work for a supercuts and when you get color if you where to read your release/ permission slip to get color it says supercuts does not cover damge of clothing during color processes ... you have the option to remove your shirt and change into a color smoke so youe options none... my advice read the fine print when you sign something.

Supercutsworst haircut ever

My hairdresser recently decided that she wanted to leave her salon and instead offer very expensive in-home styling, so I was left to my own resources to find someone to trim my hair. My style is very simple, shoulder-length with long layers around the face. I couldn't imagine even a first time hairdresser messing up something this easy. So, I went to Supercuts to try to save some money.

When I went in, I explained to the stylist that i just want a light trim, to get rid of the damaged ends. I am growing out my hair and do not want to lose the length. She assured me that they are trained on all styles and this would be no problem. Then, she started cutting.

They aren't layers, they are chunks. She pulled my hair up over my head and cut the hair straight across, letting them fall in steps to my neck. And it kept getting shorter. I started seeing three inch pieces falling on my lap. "It's too short!" I said, but she argued that it was just the layering. I lost most of the hair around my round face it was inches above my shoulders in the front, just touching my back in the back. I wanted to cry but was more motivated to leave.

When I got home, I was so upset. My husband didn't really see the problem. "You look like a normal mom, " he said. My 16 year old daughter, however, came in and immediately said, "Mom, you have a mullet!" Great.

My hair is my major pride. I work as a gothic and industrial music critic and I've had a dozen styles and colors, from very short to very long, black, white, blue, red, and purple. If I look like a "normal mom, " they won't even let me through the door. Now, more than a month later, all I can do is wear it in a ponytail and wait for it to grow back. I will never go back to Supercuts. The next time I want a cheap haircut, I'm going to give scissors to my 3 year old nephew.

Supercuts — horrible experience

Unsatisfactory and unprofessional customer service. Horrible expierence with stylist regarding the haircut I...