Sunwing Travel Group Logo

Sunwing Travel Group

Having problems with Sunwing Travel Group?

1877 877 1755 (Sunwing Airlines)
1800 830 1111 (Sunwing Vacations)
1855 706 3987 (NexusTours, Canada & USA)
1800 070 0033 (NexusTours, Mexico)
+1 416 679 9505 (SellOffVacations)
+52 998 251 6559 (NexusTours)
+1 404 321 7742 (Vacation Express)
+1 416 536 7422 (LUXE Destination Weddings)
27 Fasken Drive
Toronto, Ontario
Canada - ONM9W1A2
BlueDiamond Hotels and Resorts
One Financial Place, Lower Lollymore Rock, Suite 100, St Michael, Barbados BB 11000

SellOffVacations
27 Fasken Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 1K6

Vacation Express
3500 Piedmont Road, Suite 600, Atlanta, GA 30305

LUXE Destination Weddings
171 East Liberty Street, Suite 140, Toronto, ON M6K 3P6

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sunwing Travel Group.

Complaints & Reviews

Sunwing Vacationscommunication lack

Due to the snowstorm in Toronto on Friday, February 8, 2013, understandably flights were cancelled, delayed, causing backup at the airport. We were checked out of our hotel in St. Maarten at 9 a.m. on Sunday, February 10 for a 12:40 flight. Sunwing would have known our flight would be delayed due to the backup situation in toronto but they didn't inform us until we cleared through customs. Our flight didn't leave until 8:40 p.m. on Sunday. Everyone understood about the delay, but we were very disappointed with the lack of communication as we could have stayed longer at the hotel, not in a room obviously, but could have enjoyed the day on the beach before returning for flight. It wasn't so bad for younger folks, but there were a lot of elderly people on the flight.

Sunwing And Sell Off Vacationscustomer service

I bought a package through Sell off Vacations and Sun-wing. (By the way they are owned by the same group). I booked what Sun-wing advertised as a 5 star resort in Cuba. The resort was a 2.5 star at best. I had so many bed bug bits (Have pictures). When I got to my room there was human SH** on the bathroom wall. The toilet did not work, the furniture was broken. I left most of my clothes there as the last thing I needed was to bring bed bugs into my house. The hotel canceled my dinner reservation for Christmas Eve. I ate a bag of chips for supper on Christmas Eve. That’s what Sun-wing and Sell of Vacations class as a 5 star resort. They offered my $50.00 voucher…really??? Make up your own mind if you want to spend your money with this company, I know they will never get a dime of mine again. I have used this company in the past and have had great success but when I needed customer service there is none. I would be ashamed to treat a customer as they have treated me. I have put in a complaint to the BBB and see what they will do. Bad! Bad ! Bad! Shame on Sun-wing and Sell Off Vacations for treating a customer this way!!! Shamefull

Sunwingpick up for airport return

I just arrived back from Varadaro Cuba with Sunwing. I stayed at the Iberostar Azul in Varadaro and the Sunwing representative told everyone for the return trip on January 04, 2013 to be in the lobby of the hotel at around 7:30am for pick up to take you to the airport. My flight was scheduled to leave at 11:50am for Montreal. At 9:00 am still no bus pick up. The Sunwing pick up bus for the passengers going to Montreal from this hotel DID NOT ARRIVE!. At 9:00am around 10 of us had no opinion but to take several taxis to the airport in order to catch our flight. At a cost of 50 pesos per person. I have been to Cuba many times and this is my first time with Sunwing and after this experience my last. We tried to contact all the numbers the representative gave us to inform them of the situation, but even the emergency number NO ONE WAS ANSWERING!

Sunwing Airlinesnightmare vacation

I booked an all inclusive with sunwing from december 23, 2012 to december 30, 2012 it was a nightmare!!! At hotel oasis valedero, we were promised sports at the beach and there was nothing, also we were suposed to have a snack bar, and a la carte resterant, snacks in the afternoon, satalite tv which was not true no tv reception at all, no phone in the rooms, no wake up service no hot water for 3 daysfor showers no water at all in the bathroom sink, the food was discusting, I spent $80.00 in taxi's to town and back because there was supposed to be a navette from the hotel to town which there wasn't I always had my hand in my wallet, the beach was discusting glass garbage ect all over the beach, I ate in resterants in valedero every dayi spent over $250.00 that week because the food at the resort was #, I paid for an all inclusive vacation from quebec city to valedero cuba don't promise things and not deliver I expect a refund if not I will go and see my lawyer this is lies upon lies

majesticfun Mar 26, 2013

Good luck with your complaint. I too had an awful experience in Varadero; has taken 8 weeks to get a response from Sunwing, which basically disregarded all the issues I outlined about the Resort. Their investigation involved them sending my complaint to the Resort in Cuba. The Resort replied in extremely broken English (most of the letter makes no sense), didn't address most of the issues and was full of one lie after another. This is Sunwings method of investigation...relying on the Resort being complained about to reply with an honest assessment of their services. Sunwing told us we should have addressed all the issues with their Rep while we were at the Resort so that they could have addressed them at the time (not sure how they could have fixed falling down ceilings, dirty conditions etc while we were there). Sunwing also said they receive positive comments re the Resort. So, basically, my opinions and experiences mean squat! They offered up $50 voucher for next booking which has conditions of use before one year's time and I must book no earlier than 45 days before the trip. In other words, they know I won't even being using it and they are at no loss. The travel industry needs better regulations and proof should be given that Canadian reps are going to these destinations and checking out the Resorts in person. Regulators should also have a set of standards and they also should be going to Resorts to see if they comply with what the Suppliers are advertising. Other industries are heavily regulated and lose licenses if not adhering, why not suppliers like Sunwing? The consumers are being duped. And unfortunately, most people just don't take the time to complain...many because they feel their complaint will go nowhere...very sad.

Sunwing Vacations — deception, threats, evasion

I chose to stay at Breezes Jibacoa based on the assurance of a Sunwing agent who claimed the resort i...

Sunwingpoor flight and service

Worst airline ever.
          We paid for the extra leg room seats on a 6 hour flight. The parents and child ahead of us treated the flight like a disneyland jungle gym. The attendants did nothing about it. Nothing. They were generally unfriendly. Upon arrival Sunwing lost the entire flights luggage. Yes, that's right, the entire flights luggage. We waited for hours in the middle of the night to get our luggage, while sunwing offered no apology and looked for someone else to blame. On the way home the check in staff was rude and unhelpful. We complained upon arrival home. Sunwing was responded with LONG time frames between responses and they were unhelpful at ever turn. The only compensation they offered was $100 voucher with so many use restrictions that the voucher is essentially useless unless you book a full fair package with them again. That is not a remedy to a service problem. Horrible airline. Horrible staff. Horrible supervisors and management. Do not waste your time and money with them - no matter how good the deal seems. You will waste your money.

Sunwing Airlines And Itravelripped off

I just got back from the Grand Oasis Cancun resort and I was not impressed with what I paid for and for what I received . My booking number is [protected] . Paid for the Grand Oasis Cancun Hotel was put in the Oasis cancun hotel ( big price difference between the 2. Biggest dump I have ever stayed in . Was suppose to get part ocean view, . Minibar, Ipod docking station . alarm clock and so on . Did not get any of it . Got beach towels 3 days later . Paid 1400.00 while people next to me paid for the oasis cancun of 800.00 . I was in their building . There are 3 categorys on the resort Oasis Palm, oasis cancun and Grand Oasis Cancun . I paid for the Grand Oasis Cancun . When booking I could of picked the cheapest package but I chose to pick the better amenities package and didn’t get it . This is false advertisement and I would like to be reimbursed of the difference . I have booked with Itravel many times and I know what to pick for in a package . Barcelo’s and Riu I guess are the hotel chains to stay at . as you don’t get scammed .I could go on and on about things which accured at this Resort . but it is pretty lengthy I can be reached after 4:00 calgary time . Also I knew people that booked exactly what I did and they got what I was suppose to get
            Sunwing and Itravel should be disgusted in themselves for ripping people off

Sunwing Vacationsbad service, misrepresentations

We booked our dream honeymoon vacation with Sunwing expecting the time of our life but instead had a nightmare of a trip. Most unexpected was the response or lack there for assistance and resolution from Sunwing while in Jamaica and upon return to Canada.

We arrived in Jamaica to find our luggage was missing. After filing the required papers regarding the missing luggage, we made our way to the shuttle transfer area. We were told that we were not on the list for transfers to the resort (included in our package). The Sunwing rep at the airport wasn't expecting us so she had to figure out an alternative way to get us to the resort which took almost 5 hours and transfers instead of the 90 minutes we were expecting on one bus. Upon arrival at the resort, we were informed that the honeymoon package (our travel agent called to confirm) was no longer available and also that the resort was at low capacity so only one restaurant would be open. We were also informed that we could not eat in the restaurant because we did not have the appropriate attire since our luggage was missing.

We went to our room and were horrified to find the bathroom in disrepair and had hair all over it. The bed was worn out and the ocean view that we upgraded to from our room was blocked by a cruise ship. Not what you would expect from a 4-4.5 star resort ratings according to Sunwing. The Hotel informed us that they are barely a 3 star.

We requested to be moved to a different resort, it was new and was offered at lower rate which we did not ask to be compensated for, it was the one that we originally wanted to stay at but were convinced by the agent not to go to.

Each day was spent on the phone with Sunwing and with the Sunwing rep at the resort in search of our luggage and attempting to get us moved. 4 days into the trip our luggage was still missing and we were woken early and informed that Sunwing would be moving us. We arrived at the shuttle to find we were not on the list and the Sunwing rep was not available, also the resort had not been informed of our early departure. Finally management of the hotel was able to resolve the check out issue and got us onto the shuttle.

We arrived in Montego Bay where we were dropped off and told to find our own way to the new resort. Upon arrival at the new resort we were still required to meet with the rep daily and did not received our luggaged until the evening of the 6th day (of the 7 day vacation)!

We did not plan on having to spend our own money and time to locate underwear and socks and some t-shirts and considering that we are both very tall as I stand at 6', my husband is 6'6" so finding clothing on a resort island was not easy or inexpensive or quickly managed! We asked Sunwing to extend our trip a few days so that we could enjoy ourselves and relax after a week of frustration but they refused. Upon return to Canada, our luggage arrived torn open!

To date, Sunwing has offered each of us a $100 certificate towards future travel with Sunwing as compensation.

We have repeatedly requested a full refund or credit for future travel of our choice in the amount we spent which was $3500.00.

We travel extensively and I have a serious illness and knowing my limitations we carefully planned for time spent en-route to the resort from the airport, making sure the resort could accommodate my limited diet, etc. This was all verified with Sunwing prior to booking. The extended time spent in the shuttle and the stress of the many problems we faced caused my illness (Systemic Lupus) to flare and I was in such pain!

All this in addition to Delayed flights, long waits at airport with no food or drink. (We also paid extra for no-line luggage, premium seats, pre-boarding which we did not receive.) The plane was so small we had to squish into the seats with our legs pressed into the seat in-front of us. The in flight entertainment did not work. This was the case to and from Jamaica.

We have tried many times to resolve this, even writing the CEO and President of Sunwing after we received no results with Sunwing customer service.

It has been 3 years and after many attempts and various correspondence back and forth, we are about to give up on resolving this matter.

Sunwing Vacations — lost luggage

Well I will try to make this short and sweet, on the 28th of March, 2012 after 5 years of no holidays we...

All Inclusive Travel To Cubadoubtful pricing

My wife and I have puchased a package for two to Cayo Santa Maria on february 11th with Sunwing Vacations, for a total price of $2900. On march the 15th, I looked up the price and it had dropped to $2084 for the very same package. I've tried with the company and the agency, VOyages Bergeron, to have my packaged bettered to a premiun suite and/or first class seat and/or VIP package to no avail, both the Company and th Agency said they could do nothing. I've looked up at complaints from travelers against Sunwing and could not find anyhting that closely resembled my case. I believe it is an unfair practise to open up a flight prices high, and drop them so abruptly a month and a half before departure.

Sunwingazul sensatori hotel, by karisma, riviera maya

AZUL Sensatori - beware

Buyer beware - take note of the issues below if you decide to book. While the AZUL Sensatori has a nice layout, the food for the most part is good and the front line staff are friendly, we unfortunately had a number of problems at the hotel that people should be aware of. (See other complaints re this hotel on tripadvisor.ca)

Some of these issues should have been well understood by our travel agent (Travel Sensations, in the Royal Bank Plaza, Toronto) and the tour operator (Sunwing). As a result, we feel we over paid based on misleading claims and had the enjoyment of the holiday quite compromised. You should be very skeptical of the source of the customer feedback data in the Sunwing brochure that gives this hotel a 96% rating.

While there, we tried to talk to Sunwing representatives and the hotel staff, but to not avail. As well, no hotel manager would make him/herself available after repeated requests - they were always in meetings. In fact, hotel communication with the guests was poor in general. When checking out, the person asked if everything was alright and I said no. I explained that I had tried three times to speak to a manager. The person at the desk offered condolences, but was not interested in pursuing it and did not provide a Customer Feedback form (we heard about it later when getting on the bus to the airport). If unhappy guests do not get this form, I can see how this would help keep the customer feedback rating at the 96% level.

In an effort to help other first time family visitors to the Cancun area, here are some observations/advice that we hope will help you. We wish we had this when planning our trip. In fact, it would be great if guests to hotels in the area posted their comments – both good and bad – to the respective websites, including tripadvisor.ca.

1. High price – We would not use a travel agent again. Our travel agent, Travel Sensations, recommended the AZUL Sensatori hotel - in fact one of its agents had been there. It seems to me that a travel agency should make an effort to be well-informed before recommending a hotel, especially when the hotel has a history of problems after being open only three years. We booked in late September 2011, as the agent recommended booking by October to avoid disappointment. (Turns out there was no need to rush.) We paid full fare - $2, 152 per adult or $8, 100 for the family (before insurance). We paid $1, 000 in Sept 2011 and the balance of $7, 100 in Jan 2012. We were wrong to do this. In the future, we will book online and much closer to the travel time. The fares are lower and we would be happy with any 4.5 or 5 star hotel available in the area at that time. Appears travel agent input is of limited value and the savings can be in the thousands.

2. Vacation Clubs – AZUL Sensatori has a high volume of international Vacation Club members (this can vary depending on the hotel). Vacation clubs members from around the world can stay at cut rates and are treated as first class guests by the hotel. The rest, like ourselves, are second class guests even though we booked six months earlier and paid full fare two months prior (check-in upgrades means very little). The Vacation Clubs are first cousins to the Time-Share concept – prospective members are recruited using high pressure sales teams that try to get people to pay upwards of $25, 000 up-front for subsequent vacation privileges. Depending on how you negotiate and the options you choose, the cost can be lower or much greater. Our hotel approached us on four different occasions to come to a Vacation Club presentation using various ploys. We are not sure if the travel agents or the tour operators also share in the profits from a sale, as they are the source of prospective members. Vacation Club guests are able to reserve hotel facilities ahead of time, while regular guests cannot. Regular guests only get what is left over, if anything, on that day. This went on all week and was hugely aggravating. This included everything from the restaurants to the good lounges on the beach and at the pools. For example, each day regular guests start lining up at 6am to try and reserve a good pool/beach lounge when the booth opened at 7am. The hotel person usually arrived after 7am and each day told the people waiting in line that most have been reserved already (i.e. 10 to 15 out of 20). Only a few people got what they wanted. I learned that the reservations were made by Vacation Club guest days earlier.

3. Seaweed beach – The beach was horrible and we felt mislead. Having a beautiful beach was important to us, and this was a big disappointment. Huge amounts of seaweed were constantly washing up on the beach along the entire shoreline in front of the hotel. Also the first 10 to 20 feet of surf had large amount seaweed floating in it (see photos). It was gross to walk in. The problem is especially bad when the winds off the water are strong. Two tractors went back and forth all day long scooping up the seaweed that never stopped rolling in. I’m not sure what was worse – the seaweed or the stinking diesel-smelling vehicles going back and forth in font of us all day long. Once past the seaweed, it was very difficult walking in the surf because of the sharp rocks in the sand. It was painful to watch someone try and hobble in and out. As a result, few guests ventured in and water activities were very limited (the hotel had kayaks). The stretch of beach in front of the hotel seemed to be particularly bad compared to others in the area (some guests walked to neighboring hotel beaches to swim).

4. Restaurants – The advertising by the hotel and in the Sunwing brochure advised there were six a la carte evening restaurants, with only one, the adult-only le Chique, requiring reservations three days in advance. The claims were misleading. The very worst experience was the frustration in trying to get into the le Chique restaurant. Most every guest came to the hotel excited by the advertising claims about the 12 course meal prepared by a Michelin trained chef. We arrived Friday afternoon and on Saturday we tried to make a reservation (bookings are made between 3pm and 5pm). However, it was already fully booked. Sunday it was closed. On Monday we lined up at 2:30 and were the second in a long line when the doors opened at 3:00. Even though we were second at the desk, we were told that the restaurant was already fully booked for Wednesday and Thursday. As we were departing on Friday, that was it. Almost every regular guest had a similar experience – most all found it impossible to get a reservation there. Why? It turns out that the Vacation Club guests can make reservations in advance over the phone at any time. So of the 20 or so spots available per night, only a few spots, if any, remained for regular guests. This is in a hotel with over 450 rooms. (Friday seemed to be an easier day, as many guests were either leaving or arriving on that day.) Each day the guests in the daily line-up were given all sorts of reasons why they could not get a reservation, some quite creative, ranging from conventions, special events, even reservations made by the chef for special people! It was untruthful and insulting. Almost everyone went home feeling upset and slighted by this experience, having been repeatedly turned away. We actually got in, but I won’t say how.

There were issues with the other restaurants as well. The restaurant, Spoons, was a buffet, with a menu. But the menu included only things that were in the buffet. The other four restaurants had long line-ups in the evening, from 45 minutes to over an hour. To avoid the line-ups we found it best to eat between 5:30 and 6pm. One of the reasons for the line-ups at the restaurants was the prior reservations made by Vacation Club guests. Any attempt by a regular guest to make reservations using a hotel concierge was ignored. As a result, many guests resorted to various techniques to try and avoid the wait time. On Thursday, we left our two teenage daughters at the Zavaz restaurant so we could go to le Chique. There was a long wait but the manager said he would make sure the girls were looked after and try and cut the wait time. They were treated badly and after an hour they left and went to the buffet at Spoons. Another reason for the line-ups was restaurant closures. The Tapaz was closed one night, with no explanation. The Zavaz was closed one night for Caribbean-on-the-beach night. The other two restaurants may close one time during the week as well.

5. Sick – My wife became quite ill on the second day. The combination of a bad drink from the walk-up bar at the Mexican restaurant on Saturday afternoon (the first one at the hotel) and the chili at the beach grill midday Sunday had my wife throwing up most of Sunday evening. As a result, she was not able to eat normally for the rest of the week. Her stomach is still not right and she will likely need to see her doctor next week.

LikeUnlike · .
                  Write a comment...
                  ...Facebook © 2012 · English (US)About · Advertising · Create a Page · Developers · Careers · Privacy · Terms · Help.Loading... Chat SoundsAdvanced Settings...Go Online to ChatGo OfflineChat SoundsAdvanced Settings...Go Online to ChatGo Offline

azul sensatori hotel, by karisma, riviera maya
                  azul sensatori hotel, by karisma, riviera maya

Sunwingpaid seats

On March06, 2012 I booked 2 seats to come back to canada and paid $36.00 dollars.When I asked for seats as close to the front as possible they phoned from the resort and was told the closest there was is row 12EandF.Some of the other s travelling with our group got seats much closer when they arrived at the airport and never had to pay a cent for seats in row 7.I don't think its hardly fair if this is a way of making money off paying customers. Your immediate attention is greatly appreciated. yours truly Elaine Marsh my email is [protected]@mymts.net
                    Winnipeg. mb . phone;[protected]

• He
                        Here Ewe go Nov 28, 2012

I had the same problem! They refused to refund my money. I have been to Cuba 3 times in the past 18 months... I will never use Sunwing again... They just lost themselves a steady customer over $40...

Sunwingvacation

My complaint is in regards to our vacation to Santa Clara Cuba jan13=jan 24 at memories parisso, . When we arrived to our hotel we were taken to our room, which we had paid extra for a oceanview and did not get it, so off to the lobby to let them know it was not a oceanview they repeatedly told me it was, finally the girl at the front reception said lets go look at it . she agreed it was not, after several hours and a fight with front reception we recieved our oceanview room. After settlling in to our room low and behold i was placing clothes etc in the closet and the doors fell off, and the toilet did not work, as well our so called stocked fridge had only a cold glass in it, once again down to the lobby, to reception and told them of my problem, no problem go to customer service they will look after it today, so now off to cutomer service to let them know of our problem, will get it fixed, and fill the fridge, we were requesting mainly water to brush our teeth and to drink, nothing was done that day, so next morning once again down to customer service to get these problems resolved no problem we will fix them and fill the fridge, after going to most bars and restaurants and requesting a bottle of water no sorry go to room service they will get it for you. By this time we had enough so i returned to lobby and waiting probably a hour in line i got to the sunwing rep and explained my issues and he said he would make sure it was done . Not after two days no water and no one coming to repair our problems, i returned to the sunwing rep and told him i wanted water and i wanted it today and if i did not get it i would find the manager and do it myself, as well my husband had to fix the closet door and the toilet throughout the 11 days needless to say they never did come and repair our issues, but we did recieve our water late at nite, i usually do not complain as i have never had a reason too, but i think sunwing should take a closer look into the resorts I have been to Cuba over 5 times, knowing the food is not the greatest, we go anyways but when we pay good money for a 4 plus it should be just that I would not consider this a 4plus hotel and the sunwing reps should do a better job here as they are representing your company. I am letting you know how dissappointe we were in this resort, would definitly not return to this resort. I have travelled for over 30 years and have given sunwing a lot of business. We are planning a family vacation end of March for 12 people dont know if it will be through sunwing, hope to hear back and maybe it will be with sunwing if something is looked into about this resort, first time I have complained about a vacation in 30 years

• Ve
                          veradero Dec 17, 2013

On December the 8th we traveled to Veradero Cuba and stayed at Memories, Our room was awful with no hot water and toilet that didn't flush, a broken bathroom door handle, no coffee maker or stocked bar fridge in which was listed in the brochure. I went to customer service and nothing was done. The other thing was we only had one towel change in 7 days, and our beach towels we had for whole trip with not being able to turn them in for clean ones, we got an excuse each time or told to come back later. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone, its not the star rating posted, its more of a 2 star at the most. Food was only ok, and the ala cartes of were suppose to be 3 we could pick and we only got 2. This hotel needs to be improved allot.

• Bi
                          bingooonut Dec 21, 2013

i am still waitng to hear back from sunwing regarding my complaint with my vacation it has only being almost two years since my complaint dont know what takes them so long . I would think that they should maybe replace who they have now dealing with these issues . Re vacation to santa clara cuba january 2012

Sunwingmajor delays

We booked a direct flight to cancun on january 21st/ 2012 with sunwing and were delayed by about 3 hours. On our return trip to winnipeg, we were once again delayed about the same amount of time. It took us two entire days to reach our destinations with a direct flight! Is this normal?? And although the food was ok, the "champagne" was extremely limited. Also, even though we did not have select seats, we were put in the isle by the doors that did not have reclining seats and were not told... We would have chosen the second choice. I would appreciate a response by phone or I may consider not flying with sunwing again.

major delays

Sunwingwg 393 edmonton to cuba

Here's my letter to sunwing, and a full story of events to my re-call for the nightmare of Fog and sunwing.

Social Media @ Sunwing.ca

Ok here's the big issue.

Flight on January 10th from Edmonton to Cuba Cayo Santa maria, told at airport that we would be stopping in Cancun for fuel ( 1 hour and 5 minute delay) so that is fine. We land in Cancun, the guys fuel it up, and we sat and waited for 3 hours, ( The reason was fog at Cayo Santa maria but nothing was announced) So we arrived in Cuba for about 9 amish. Ok, so not a huge deal, I can deal with this.

January 18th rolls around time to go home. So we get on the bus for 2am take our 90 minute bus ride to air port, Vancouver flight was also there getting ready to leave. 6 am rolls around and the fog is thick, no planes can land etc. ( its weather I know). The edmonton flight arrives in around 9:30 -10 am. ( They were stranded at Varadero waiting for fog to land over ) An announcement was made that Edmonton Flight was cancelled due to pilot being over his hours. About 2 hours later maybe an hour or so later we are told a plan.

New flight was moved to 2am for January 19th. And they would arrange a bus to come and get us and take us to a hotel till 10pm. We got no food no water etc, nothing was given to us for free. Every time someone asked when the bus was coming we were told in a 1/2 hour. It took them 4 hours to get buses for us, as we seen the buses pulling in for Vancouver, and Ottawa flights. They finally gave us a bagged lunch right before the bus got there at 4:00ish. pm.

So we had to take our luggage, . and get new visitors cards, etc. and go on the bus. We arrive back to resort at 5:30 ish. time enough to grab a quick shower, supper and a nap. We had to get up and check out by 9:30 to catch the buses at 10pm. So another 90 minute bus ride happens. We get to the airport, We are the only fight, so the process was quick. We could of taken off by 1 am but the pilot waited till 2am. 2 am flight time, does not happen as there is fog ( AGAIN) So at 3am the cuban airport shuts down ( no one tells us this, but one of the store workers this was rumor, and true as Duty free was closed, and other stores) So the pilot announces to load the plane, and we'll attempt to fly. So we load the plane, and he takes a drive around the strip, and parks the airplane, and No he can't fly. But they decide to put on a movie and leave us on the plane. 2 hours pass, and then they announce, that they will have to wait for the sun come out, and we have the option to stay on the plane or go back to the boarding area. So we finally boarded the plane again at 8:30 or 9 am some time. Then we were told we would be going via Toronto cause of fuel issues, and pilot hours, It ended up being a 9 hour day on the plane itself.

I bought Travel Insurance, Not sure why, cause really what does Cayo Santa Maria have to offer as far as flights out? There's no taxi's and where would you go? It does not pay for loss of wages, or time .

Why not bring in another pilot? Why re-book the plane for 2am when obviously the last few weeks there has been lots of fog issues? Easily could of just made the flight for 9 am or even 8 am, and let us get a good rest.

So you do some math. 2 am on Wednesday morning ( Tuesday night) till leaving at 9 am on Thursday morning. That's a ton of hours. 31 hours in total. 4.5 hours on the bus going back to the hotel to the airport, 4 hours at the hotel. 22.5 hours was spent in the airport.

And than on top of this another 9 hours on the plane which should of only taken 6 hours in total.

How much sleep do you get in an airport?

There were many famiies there with toddlers and babies, many old people that have medical issues etc.

You can say you care about our safety all you want, but how come you guys don't have any back up plans? Why not have a back up pilot or access to one, Seriously 4 hours to get buses? And why not ground the plane till you know "fog " won't be an issue.

You know FOG is an issue, The day we arrived there was fog issues, the week before that was fog issues. So why make your flights landing and leaving at the time that fog could be an issue? Maybe its not foggy everyday, but you guys have had fog issues enough in the last few weeks, you know that that its a good possibility that the problem is going to arrive, time and time again.

You guys didn't offer meal vouchers or drink vouchers, till 4pm ( 6 hours after the flight was cancelled) and we got a bagged lunch. The second morning it was better and we did get ham sandwiches and boxed lunches, lots of snacks etc, but I think its because sunwing staff was worried for the safety, as they knew darn well people had totally lost their patience.

• On
                              Once Again Jan 26, 2012

They did the same thing to us a few years ago, 12hr flight back, Went from Vancouver to Cuba, return trip Cuba, circled over Hamilton, landed in New York State waited for... back to Hamilton, then to Vancouver.
                              Paid for “elite” seats, over sold...someone else had them. 8 of us with childern.
                              they ran out of food and water on the plane, were not allowed to use bathrooms, had to land to change staff and fuel up, too cheap to buy fuel in Cuba.
                              Nothing back from Sunwing other than a too bad suck it up, we have your money. We also bought Travel Insurance, not valid for a BC flights found out later (thanks sunwing)
                              No help or support from Sunwing :Customer Service Coordinator Sandra Pase-Gouthro, lots of BS
                              Turned the story around to make them look good, blaned everyone else. Hope the airline stops flying soon!. We will never use again and continue to tell our story about sunwing.
                              Do not fly sunwing. Have fun getting something from them!

• Yu
                              yung lee Jan 09, 2014

Same thing happened to us on Jan 06th 2014. we re suppose to leave santa clara jan 06th 9AM and waiting 55 hours before landing in OTTAWA. I WILL NEVER FLY AGAIN WITH SCAM WING.

Sunwing Vacationsunprofessional

I am not one who flies very often. Once a year at most. in 2010 I flew with Air Canada. At this time I was allowed to take 2 bags per person (per paying seat). So since my son was only 3 at the time, and had to pay full price. I was making the best of my trip and buying things to take home. Plus my parents with care package items, I loaded up to the most I was allowed to take. Who wouldn't when their on vacation.
                            So this year, 2011, I fly with Sunwing, I thought great, getting a good deal on flights, when paying full price for a child is outrageous so I thought, yey again I will shop and bring back things I bought while I was on vacation.
                            I had a few people tell me, with Sunwing you can take 2 bags, but with Air Canada you can now only take 1 per person.
                            So through my entire trip I bought things, I shopped, I was in Toronto. I live in a rural community in Newfoundland so I was buying things to take home. The night before my flight home, I had my 4 suitcases laid out with the weight scale, and stayed up til midnight getting my suitcases to the right weight of 20 lbs. per bag and even it all out. Even if it was a pound or 2 over, I would have to pay a couple of bucks.
                            Well I get to the airport the morning of my flight, I meet my common-law sister in-law there so my parents went on home. I get to the check in counter only to come face to face with the person who just got a promotion and was so by the book I was not impressed with the service this woman provided and then told NO you can't have 2 bags each at 20 pounds. You can have 2 bags at 20 pounds together. Who would carry only 20 pounds between 2 bags. People go on vacation to buy things of where they are vacationing, not to worry about how much weight they are taking home.
                            I was totally mislead by their website and the misrepresentation of their information. They ended up charging me $410.00 for the "extra" weight of $10 per pound over the allowed 20 pounds for the 2 bags.
                            So here I am standing there with 80 pounds(ish) in total. which comes to the total of $410.00.
                            I was floored, embarrassed, humiliated, disgusted by learning this information.
                            Why on god's earth would I put myself in this situation. Every card I tried, interact, credit card, kept saying declined. and I know the money was there. I had such a pounding headache, it took me over an hour to check in.
                            I was trapped, my parents were on their way home, no cell phones, my flight was leaving soon, my sister-in-law was standing at the side with her 2 kids and my son.
                            Thank my lucky stars she was able to cover the $410.00 for me.
                            where in the hell would i come up with $410 on the spot.
                            After she paid the amount for me, we were so rushed to get a drink and get to our flight, as they threaten that if you are not at the gate more then 1 hour of the departure time, they can refuse you boarding the plane.
                            And what was worse, was this horrible creature that checked me in was now standing at the gate checking boarding passes. It was like she wanted something started, like she just wanted to throw gas on my fire.
                            But I was so exhausted, heart torn out, ready to curl up into a ball and cry, this female is standing there smiling away.
                            The flight was not pleasant either, but when I finally got home, I emailed sunwing to complain about my experience and hoping they had a sense of decency for their customers.
                            So I received an email response saying 4-6 weeks. So in 6 weeks I received an email from their customer service saying they apologize of course but the weight, and this and that and stuff I do not need to hear about as a customer.
                            Their response more of less told me to go shove myself.
                            No assistance or resolution was provided by sunwing. just told me too bad for you.
                            It is disgusting they can just take money like this. At the check-in desk I felt trapped, I couldn't do anything with my luggage and was not going to throw it out and was not going to leave it in storage at customer service only to be told it is gone or cannot be found.
                            I will never ever fly with sunwing again. Their customer service is horrible. They treat customers like crap and they just take money like robbers and turn their back on you.
                            I wonder what people go through that do not understand English. How many other people to they rip off because of their misleading low budget website. it is unprofessional and disgraceful.
                            I have been trying to contact them with no response.

SaugaHarry Oct 28, 2011

The airline should be complaining about your attitude. What did they do wrong ?? You ought to be careful or they will be suing you for damages and lible
                                They have rules around luggages which everyone else somehow manages to follow, you don't for whatever reason and get annoyed that YOU can't get $410 for NOTHING.
                                Then you complain because their employee is trying to be happy and trying to be friendly.
                                Maybe you should stay home next time.
                                Would you walk into the grocery store and take $410 of groceries?

• 8n
                                8np15 Dec 17, 2012

SaugaHarry - "What did they do wrong... they have rules around luggages which everyone else... manages to follow, you don't for whatever reason"

Have you read the complaint? Helsahi states Sunwing charge $410 DESPITE the fact that she followed their baggage guidelines. I suggest you engage in rational argument rather than spitting baseless denials ("you don't for whatever reason") and threats about "suing you for damages and lible." -- I don't know what language you speak, but it's spelt "libel" in English! If you want to rage about "attitude, " tell us exactly what is wrong/false/unfair about Helsahi's complaint.

By the way -- do you work for Sunwing? Above complaint was posted October 27th, 2011. SaugaHarry joined AND posted 28th of October, 2011, and posted never again. Coincidence? I think not. LET THE READER KNOW -- It is standard Sunwing practice to leave ghost reviews flattering itself and viscous responses to complaints. I saw another Sunwing "review" on another site by a "ToSally."

• Re
                                Reviewer58656 Sep 08, 2015

First and last time with Sunwing..Flight delayed for almost 5 hours, lost practically whole first day.Well, according to Sunwing, it is absolutely acceptable.Never again

Sunwing Airlineslack of customer service after they cash the money

Sunwing airlines lost my lugagge on a trip from Toronto to Rome on August 27th - Sunwing's partner overseas AVIA opened the Sunwing Irregularity Report but when I came back to Toronto, I was told that there is no lost/delayed report filed for me...since August 27th, I do not have any news about my lugagge and chances are that i will find my items on sale on Ebay.
                              Sunwing it is not part of the World lugagge Tracer System hence there is no way for the customer to get updates - the paper is probably sitting on someone's desk collecting dust...No one cares at Sunwing Airlines.

Sunwingthieves!

We recently took a trip to Santa Clara Cuba and flew with Sunwing. We adhered to the weight allowance and had no problem leaving Toronto headed for Cuba. On our return two weeks later, we unloaded all our toiletries making our luggage weight significantly less. We purchased NOTHING in Cuba because there is nothing to buy there. At the Santa Clara airport, we were told our luggage was 15kg over the allowance (that's almost 40lbs!). They charged us over $300 and threatened if we didn't pay up, we would not be going home. I was appalled! I obviously paid the money and advised the flight attendant upon boarding. He provided me with the email address to lodge a formal complaint which I did the second I arrived home. Not only was I auto-told I would have to wait 6-8 weeks for a response, when I finally did receive the response, I was advised that we get charged this fee for providing champagne flights! Even upon further escalation, I'm being told that the scale is what it is and I have to suffer the consequences. They don't care about their customers at all and didn't seem phased that I was threatened at the airport. Zero compensation, zero remorse and zero understanding.
                                In this day and age, shouldn't they be providing better customer service? Shouldn't they have entertained the fact that Cuba could have added additional weight to the scale (considering we can't see the entire scale and what they put on it)? NO! They sided with Cuba and said they've never had a problem with them before. I am reading some of these reviews and see this yet another load of crap.
                                Sunwing is the WORST airline carrier I've ever, EVER been on (and I travel several times throughout the year). On top of that, promises of children's lootbags never came through and upon raising this, was advised this needs to be requested prior to the flight.
                                The absolute NERVE of this airline! Buyer beware! They'll do anything to make more money. They could care less about their customers. Pay up and be done. I will never fly with Sunwing again and rest assured I will be raising this to all media accessible.

• Jt
                                    JT 91 Feb 21, 2012

I am really sorry to hear that this happened to you, but I am also glade that I was not the only one, I was robbed by air transit in Dominican for $100 saying my bag was over, and that if I dont pay I wont fly. It went to the point that they called security on me. The kicker was the dumb ### that charged me the $100 was the same ### that greated me as we walked on to the plane smiles and all like nothing happened. Leason learned pay the extra $$$ and fly Westjet, I have nothing but massive praise for them (no i dont work for them, even the amount i travel I should woudl save alot of money)

• Mr
                                    Mr DF Smitherson Sep 16, 2012

My letter to Sunwing:-

Their reply was buy the elite seats next time.

Dear CEO of Sunwing Airlines,

I am writing this letter while sitting on seat XX of flight # SWG XXX on the XXth. of August
                                    2012 flying from London Gatwick to Toronto Pearson. I have just asked Annie for you contact info which she now has kindly supplied.

While I understand that you are a budget carrier and have to place as many seats in an aircraft as possible to make a reasonable profit. I have always been able to get my table flat by either positioning my legs either by straddling the table, so to speak, or by putting my legs far under the seat in front of me, sometime extending past a bar under there and in to the passenger space in front of me. On this flight neither worked which is odd because the flight over to England was fine. Now either I was in a seat that was unusual and I should not have been put in, despite asking for a bit of leg room. I admit I am a little tall 6’ 2” but quite honestly this is not an unusual height these days or perhaps there are also variations in aircraft types too?

It seems like your ‘elite’ seats are by any other budget airline’s standards ‘normal’ seats. I have flown many. It is making for a very uncomfortable flight. I have never lodged a complaint with an airline in my life and have now been flying for almost 50 years. I have just talked to the passenger in front of me in seat 2A who is average height and an elderly male. He says and I quote:-

“ It is terrible, the worst I have ever seen”

Though no one is speaking to me directly I can see few other passengers are clearly indicating they are not happy with their seating.

While it is not my position to tell you which business model to follow, as a consumer I would recommend you bite the bullet and take a few seats out to give people a few inches more room or change your business model in some other way, if this is not possible. Your elite seat up sell model is not really working as passengers who fly budget airlines often spend hours searching for the best deal and are then reluctant to spend more on what they consider a luxury on a no frills flight. No one wants to be known as an extremely cramped airline. I have photos I have taken on the plane which you may wish to see and I would be happy to send you.

I would be grateful if you could offer me some compensation for my total discomfort on your flight.

I look forward to your reply,

Yours sincerely,

Sunwingbaggage fees

I traveled via Sunwing to Montego Bay, JA for a week's stay at the RIU Negril. I checked 2 pieces of luggage & was a combined 12kg over weight.The Sunwing representative handling my check-in was not only callous in charging me $240, she was also insensitive to the fact that I was celebrating my birthday. There was no where available for me to store any of my things to lighten my load to fit the airline's unreasonable 20kg request for checked luggage, 5kg carry-ons. This was my first & most definitely my LAST time using them; I am very disappointed in the lack of friendly/ accommodating customer service, in addition to the obvious deception in booking "affordable" trips via Sunwing. I cannot recommend Sunwing to anyone, yet alone my loved ones. It's outrageous to charge $20/1kg over (with no cap.) Sunwing is just as bad as Delta: charging $2800 to our Army troops returning from overseas!

• Ge
                                      Gerardo Manga Aug 23, 2011

I agree with you totally. I just got back from Riviera Maya, Mexico and encountered the same thing. I had 2.5 pounds overweight for my check-in luggages. This occurred on my way back to Vancouver. After being informed of the overweight, my wife suggested that she will transfer the said excess to our handcarry luggage since we only had 2 handcarries. The Sunwing groundstaff in the counter immediately said that it is against company policy to open the luggage and transfer some stuff to our handcarry. He even said that if we want to do that, we have to do it somewhere else and get back on the line after which was really a very long queue. I even contested that it will just take a minute to transfer but to no avail. THIS IS WHAT I CALL BIGTIME SCAM. I strongly feel that Sunwing is intentionally doing this and making their passengers their milking cows!

Sunwing — schedule change

Consumer alert - sunwing Never book a vacation with sunwing.in their terms and conditions it states that they...