Having problems with StubHub?

1866 788 2482 (USA & Canada)
1800 770 534 (Australia)
1800 436 0113 (Mexico)
+1 415 222 8400 (International)
+44 800 783 0260 (United Kingdom)
199 Fremont Street, Suite 300, Floor 4
San Francisco, California

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] tickets

After purchasing 2 tickets on 4/13/11 from Stubhub(order # [protected]) for 45 dollars for a NHL playoff game, I received a calling from a rep asking me to call him back. I called back and was told my tickets weren't confirmed for cause the seller took them off. Then she explains how I'm not covered under "fan protection" cause they were never confirmed and the money was never charge when in reality my card had a hold for 99 dollars(the tickets total) so therefore i couldn't use the 99 dollars anyway. She then goes on to say she can give me "courtesy" seats. Only thing is i have to pay the different of 40 more dollars. After asking how they are "courtesy", she says they are courtesy because they "looked for them when we didn't have to". They were actually worse seats then i actually PURCHASED! I asked her all you do is look on your website and see whats there and she confirmed that's right. After agreeing to the "courtesy" seats, she then says "actually, those seats are now gone". they were gone cause someone else bought them. Then she says that was the only option and I would have to take the refund or see if she can find some other tickets(which are selling for 50 dollars more). Only thing i could do is take the refund and now i am left ticketless and completely unsatisfied with 2 days before the event. Ive been using stubhub for the last 5 years and never again will I use it. Or recommended.

• Updated by StubHub! · Apr 25, 2011

Dear lcag3415, We are reaching out to you from the Executive Customer Care Department of StubHub. We have read your comment and a member of our team is currently in the process of reaching out to you to discuss this matter further and hopefully come to a resolution on this. We look forward to speaking with you regarding this matter.

StubHub.com

[Resolved] payment delayment & customer service

The company sent my payment for tickets I sold to a nonexistent paypal account after I had changed my payment method to check immediately after I registered with their site. I immediately contacted them through their company site which promises an "8 hour reply tops", nope! I sent the message again with no reply. I called and again, no response. I sent an email with promises of bad publicity & finally received a response. This took over a week. Their response: you selected paypal, contact them & then we can get the funds back & you can have your check in 2-3 weeks. I replied furiously that was unacceptable so i had to open a paypal account to receive my funds which took an additional 3-4 days because paypal had to verify & receive the monies again from stubhub because paypal had sent them back. I am still in contact with the "customer service" team trying to get my fees back from stubhub for all the time, effort, delays, and frustration this has caused me. The last email from stubhub said that I had selected paypal & not check (so I'm the liar now) so they will waive my fees next time I sell tickets on their site. I will never use them for anything again in the future & I certainly will not recommend them to anyone. I verified on my account several times that my payment method was check while my tickets were for sale. The very least they should do is refund my fees, which are outrageous. Stubhub does not know the meaning of customer service and I am spreading the word to anyone who even entertains the thought of using them to sell tickets on their site.

• Updated by StubHub! · Feb 10, 2011

dalede37, We are reaching out to you from the Executive Customer Care Department of StubHub. We have read your comment and would like to speak with you personally and work with you in regards this situation. If you could email us at [email protected] and include your StubHub order number, a member of our team would be more than happy to follow up with you and hopefully come to a resolution on this.

StubHub.com

terminated my account

Stub Hub sucks! They have deactivated my account because they called the wrong number, and I have gotten the run around for three days. I totally lost out on purchasing NBA tickets for my family. They keep having you call back and then tell you they will fix it but never do. I will never use this service again. They are the friggin fruad!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! AVOID!

• Po
    Poland1 Apr 07, 2011

That makes no sense. Obviously they didn't deactivate your account for calling a wrong number. They only deactivate your account if you violate their terms and conditions. You're not telling us the full story.

tickets scam, poor customer service

Don't EVER use Stubhub for anything! They are thieves! I bought courtside tickets to see the Knicks play...

non existing seats

We purchased 2 Row D seats at almost $600 for a Rush concert. When we got to the venue there was no Row D a...

fraudulent practices

Here is the details. I ordered tickets, someone in my family accidentally threw them away (mistakes happen, we are all human), and I called stub hub. I was willing to pay even fifty dollars to have the original tickets stopped and have them reissued. They said no way they can't do that, our only option was to purchase more tickets. So since my mom felt so bad to throwing them away, she purchased 200 dollars more of tickets. Here's the kicker, the second tickets were MORE and were farther away from the game! Well, my friend, one of the ticket holders, called stub hub back because we didnt want to pay an extra 200 dollars on this, we didn't want to be put 8 rows farther back, and it was an honest, feasible mistake! The rep at stub hub told us they would refund us for our original row 4 tickets, and get us row 3 for the same price. They said no to refunding us for our row 10 tickets, even though they said at that time that there was no way at all they could refund our purchase, we had to purchase more. Well obviously this was a complete and fraudulent lie. They did do something, they refunded it, but didn't bother to do anything about those additional tickets that my mom had to purchase, they just pushed that issue aside and "turned a blind eye". With this issue, I have already put on my facebook, told all my friends, and every single feasible way to communicate to never go through Stub Hub. Atleast with TicketMaster, you pay a little more in fees, but you are GUARANTEED if something happens they have your back. I sure hope that if people see this, please pass this along. Stub Hub is not a good company. I am usually not a person to complain since I work in customer service myself and I know mistakes happen, but I do everything in my power to correct them. The woman on the phone even told me I couldn't speak to her supervisor. Please, pass this along, I don't want the same thing happen to you that happened to me. The one thing investors should know is that it may be cheaper, but oh boy, it is not safer. No way.

[Resolved] I would highly advise staying away from them

I sold 3 iron maiden tickets on stubhub for $50 each. I was supposed to get paid $127.50 after fees, and the tickets sold on 4/23. It's now 5/9 and i've emailed stubhub several times, they told me "oh yeah it was sent to your paypal account on 4/26". No, it wasn't. I checked my paypal account and I have recieved NO payment from them, and they keep insisting it has been sent. They say they send payments within 7-10 days, it's now 16 days, I've gotten no money and they keep lieing to me, saying it's been sent. I would highly advise staying away from them.

• Updated by StubHub! · Jun 21, 2010

My name is Jonathan and I’m following up with you on behalf of the Executive Customer Care Department at StubHub. I read your blog and want to sincerely apologize for the delay in receiving your payment. I’d like to follow up with you directly however am unable to identify your account without an e-mail address or a StubHub transaction number. I’d like to kindly ask you to respond to me directly at [email protected] so that I may further investigate this situation. My goal is to get this resolved to your satisfaction just as soon as possible. Thanks very much for your time and for choosing StubHub!

• StubHub's response · Aug 24, 2011

Hi Ronx995!

Thanks for reaching out! My name is Jennifer and I am writing from the Executive Customer Care Team at StubHub.com. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you have dealt with. We definitely would like to discuss your experiences further with you as we certainly want to make this right for you. Please send us an email with your StubHub Order Number and best contact information to [email protected] and we will definitely reach out to you directly and make this right for you.

Thank you.

Jennifer M.
    www.StubHub.com

[Resolved] bought 3 tickets that appears to be counterfeit

I bought 3 tickets to the frey concert past summer from stub hub & when i went to enter the concert i was told the tickets were no good (conterfiet ) I was told by security that this was happing often when tickets are sent by email you can print out many copies & sell them to anyone & i was told again by security who ever gets here first gets in. Being very very angry i called stub hub & they said no way but they were after paying for tickets & limo stub hub said they would make it up to me with other tickets. when it came time for stub hup to get me tickets they changed their minds on getting me tickets all they wanted to do is give 100.00 off of future tickets unbelievable.

• Updated by StubHub! · Jun 21, 2010

Dear Ouuslou,

My name is Jeffrey Kline with the Executive Customer Care team at StubHub. I was very sorry to hear about the experience that you had at the Fray concert last summer. Please allow me the chance to address your concerns.

At StubHub we are fans just like you and created our marketplace to bring fans together to buy and sell tickets for those events that mean so much to us. We rely on our sellers to provide tickets that are legitimate and authentic for entry. However, we have created our Fan Protect Guarantee for those rarest of the rare situations, when the tickets you receive would not ultimately allow for entry to your event. If this happens, we uphold our guarantee and refund you for your full purchase price. We also abide by our User Agreement as to where StubHub’s liability ends in these circumstances and unfortunately the additional costs you mention that were incurred in this situation are not covered by the StubHub Fan Protect Guarantee or our User Agreement.

That being said, I would like to apologize again for this most unfortunate experience. I would like to further discuss this matter with you directly and hopefully come to an amicable resolution of this issue for you. Please contact me directly at [email protected], ATTN: Jeffrey with your order number, name, and the best contact number and I will gladly follow up with you.

[Resolved] I would advise consumers not to trust their business practices

I bought tickets to a sold out event in December of 2009. The event was schedule for April 6, 2010, but was postponed for a later date. Ticket holders were instructed to wait until April 14th to obtain instructions as to how to exchange their tickets for the rescheduled date. The tickets in my possesion would not be valid for the new event date.

Knowing this I waited until April 14th, as instructed, and contacted the orginal ticket distributor for instructions on how to exchange the tickets. They informed me that I had to contact the seller to get them to exchange the tickets for me or to forward me information as to how to exchanges the tickets.

I contacted StubHub to get further information and was told that I had to return the tickets by April 22nd for a refund because the event was "cancelled."

I did prior research on StubHub's customer service webpage to determine how they handle a "postponed" event and how they handle a "cancelled" event.

According to the company who originally issued the tickets, the event was "postponed."

Yet, the StubHub customer service representative continued to argue with me that the event had been "cancelled."

At this point I am extremely dissatisfied with StubHub's service becasue they were not willing to honor the procedure the ticket distributor set for the postponed event, nor would they honor the information they posted on their website.

I would never refer anyone to StubHub due to this issue. I would advise consumers not to trust their business practices.

• Updated by StubHub! · Jun 22, 2010

Dear Vipoo,

My name is Jeffrey Kline from the Executive Customer Care team at StubHub. I read your post and understand you had a concern regarding our Cancelled and Postponed event policy here at StubHub. I apologize for any confusion but hope to address this concern.

It may first help to explain that at StubHub we are fans like you and created our marketplace to bring fans together to buy and sell tickets. We rely on our sellers to provide ticket listings and subsequently provide the tickets to our buyers. Although any issue is extremely rare, we created our Fan Protect Guarantee to protect our customers. One way we do this is with our cancellation policy under our Fan Protect Guarantee, which states: You will be refunded if the event is cancelled and is not rescheduled. To further clarify if an event is postponed and the primary market does not issue new tickets, then the original tickets will be valid for entry at the rescheduled event. If an event is postponed but the primary market issues new tickets, then the original tickets become invalid and StubHub must treat these instances as a cancelled event. If the event is ultimately cancelled or a contingent event is not played, we'll send you an email to let you know. Return your tickets within 2 weeks of receiving our email and we'll fully refund the cost of the tickets plus all service and delivery fees. Please allow us 3 weeks to process your refund.

My apologies again for any confusion on this matter. I hope I have helped to clarify our policy regarding cancelled and postponed events. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] ATTN: Jeffrey with your order number, name, and best contact information. I will then gladly reach out to you to further discuss this matter.

[Resolved] they are not responsible for game time changes and will not refund money I paid for ticket

I purcahsed two tickets for a Atlanta Hawks vs. Dallas Mavericks game, Feb 26. The tickets have a face value of $70.00 each, I paid a total of $225.00. As the tickets were a Valentines Day present to my girlfriend, I didn't mind all that much. Clearly printed on the "Legitimate" Philips Arena Tickets, it states that Game Time was 8:00 PM. When we arrived (approx 8:00 to 8:05P M) the score was 50 t 50, and it was the beginning of the third quarter.

I called Stub-Hub, and the "Customer-Non Service" gal said; It States on our Web Site that we are not responsible for game time changes. She ofered to refund me the $25 processing fee.

• Updated by StubHub! · Jun 08, 2010

Hi Onageme, my name is Sue and I am contacting you on behalf of the Executive offices at StubHub. We have read your comment and would like to address your concerns as best we can.

It might help to first explain that we are fans just like you, and we started StubHub to provide a marketplace for all fans to buy and sell tickets. We are not a ticket seller, which means we do not hold any ticket inventory. Thus we do not list the tickets, nor create the prices found on our website. The prices are actually set by the fans selling their extra tickets. The fans selling tickets at StubHub might be season ticket holders, ticket holders who have changed their plans or are unable to attend an event, etc. We're an open marketplace, which means that anyone can buy or sell tickets at StubHub.

As such, when a venue changes the date or time of an event, it is well beyond StubHub’s control. We do our best to notify our customers of any date and time or even venue changes. Unfortunately, as we are the secondary market, and again not affiliated with any venues, we do not always learn of such changes right away. However, when we do verify any changes, we send out an email to all of our buyers for that event. Please visit our help section for more details: www.stubhub.com/help

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the date change of your event. We understand that this can be a frustrating situation. If you have any further questions or concerns you can email me Attn: Sue at [email protected], along with our StubHub order # and I will be more than happy to follow up you with directly to further discuss this matter.

seat numbers did not match original order

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Tickets were sent 24 hours prior to the event, traveled 200 miles to the event to find out tickets are not valid. We even called the night before to make sure we received the correct tickets as seat numbers did not match original order. They still today say tickets were valid. Now awaiting full refund, yea I'll hold my breath.

[Resolved] rude customer service

I went to Stubhub to purchase tickets to a University of Kentucky college basketball game. The seller described the tickets as "student tickets" which I assumed meant they were in the student section but were among those regularly sold to the general public when the students don't use all of their alotment. This was over the Christmas vacation period. I have sat in the "student section" at many venues and never had to have a particular ID. I took non-student relatives and friends to game in the student section when I was in college and they never needed an ID. When I got the tickets, the tickets stated that you must have a student ID to use them. There was no warning that you would need an ID in the sellers comments or by Stubhub. When I called customer service they were very rude and basically said they did not feel any obligation to disclose the fact that the buyer would need a student ID to use the tickets.

• Updated by StubHub! · Dec 24, 2009

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and provide us with your feedback. My name is J.C. from the Executive Customer Care Department at StubHub and I’m sorry to hear that your experience with our Customer Service may have been unsatisfactory. I would like the opportunity to address your concerns if possible as our goal is straight forward: We want to provide you with exceptional Customer Service. Your feedback is important to us to ensure we meet our service goals. I apologize if there was some confusion around the term “student section” and would like the opportunity to rectify this situation for you. I would like to speak with you directly and if you are interested in discussing this further, please send an email to [email protected], attn: Jonathan. I look forward to speaking with you directly, Jonathan Corey, Executive Customer Care Specialist.

• Updated by StubHub! · May 14, 2010

Hi. I am reaching out to you from StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. We saw your post and wanted to apologize for issues you may be having and would certainly like to address this as best as we can.

It may first help to explain that we are a secondary marketplace, in which we carry no inventory of tickets. We are not directly affiliated with any venue, box office or ticketing source. All of our listings come from individual sellers and we do require our sellers to accurately list their tickets, according to the information printed on the tickets themselves. This includes anything printed on the ticket that will have an impact on the seating, such as Student tickets. In this case, it appears that the seller did list that correctly. As each school may potentially handle each event differently, we cannot know which ones may or may not require presentation of a student id to gain entry.

Your feedback regarding our Customer Service is very concerning to us. We are fans just like you, and we started StubHub to provide a marketplace for all fans to buy and sell tickets. We do expect our agents to show excellent customer service and professionalism at all times and would like to apologize if this was not the case.

I would like to look into this situation for you and see if there is anything that can be done regarding the student ticket listing. If you would like to email me at [email protected], Attn: Sue, along with your order #, I will look into this further.

• Di
    Dille Dec 23, 2009

I went to Stubhub to purchase tickets to a University of Kentucky college basketball game. The seller described the tickets as "student tickets" which I assumed meant they were in the student section but were among those regularly sold to the general public when the students don't use all of their allotment. This was over the Christmas vacation period. I have sat in the "student section" at many venues and never had to have a particular ID. I took non-student relatives and friends to game in the student section when I was in college and they never needed an ID. When I got the tickets, the tickets stated that you must have a student ID to use them. There was no warning that you would need an ID in the sellers comments or by Stubhub. When I called customer service they were very rude and basically said they did not feel any obligation to disclose the fact that the buyer would need a student ID to use the tickets.

refuses to refund my money

What do you call an e-mail that instructs you to copy the contents, labeling the content a ticket. I would call that an e-ticket. Stub Hub guarantees an automatic refund within 30 days for e-tickets. Yet Stubhub refuses to refund my money stating they request return of the tickets for a refund. Lets ignore the fact that stubhub never gave me real tickets, or that tickets used to be delivered via mail, fed ex, or ups and lets forget tickets are usually embossed, have seat numbers, dates etc. Ok, so embrace the new technology, no problem, e-mail me something that looks like a voucher, tell me to print the e-mail and leave me in hopes that when I arrive at the event, they'll accept the printed copies I made and let me in the door. When it comes to a refund though, the new technology stubhub used to get what is loosely called a ticket, to me, stubhub conveniently forgets how to refund their own e-mail. How's that for customer service.

• Updated by StubHub! · Apr 23, 2010

Hi. I’m Gregg with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. We read your comment and it sounds like you’re pretty frustrated with us regarding the type of tickets you received and our refund process. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration. I hope we can work out a resolution here - obviously if a refund is due, we want to make that happen. I am interested in trying to address your concerns as best as I can as well, around the overall process.

The ticketing industry is continuing to move more and more to electronic ticketing for various reasons, including being able to cut down on the potential of issues with lost or misplaced tickets. Electronic tickets are valid and authentic for entry. Our FanProtect Guarantee, should there be any issue that compromises that, we will investigate the matter fully as this is not the type of experience we want our buyers to have.

When an event is cancelled and not rescheduled, we will provide a refund to the buyer within 30 days of receipt of the tickets sent back to StubHub, according to the instructions in an email that our buyers receive. This is because we generally then have to send the original tickets back to our seller so they can work with the venue and obtain their refund as the original purchaser. The email the buyers receive usually also notes that for any tickets that were sent to the buyer electronically either as an emailed PDF file attachment or downloaded directly to their StubHub account, returning the tickets to us is not a necessary step. It is not meant to be an inconvenience but because we are a marketplace, we do have an obligation to return the tickets to the original sellers.

I would like us to look at your particular transaction together, so I can better understand your experience and work to bring this to the fullest resolution possible. Please send an email to [email protected], Attn: Gregg, with either the order number or email address that your account is set up with. I will respond directly and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you. Sincerely, Gregg Dispenza, StubHub Executive Customer Care.

[Resolved] fraudulent business practices

I tired to purchase tickets, but their ecommerce app told me my transaction did not go through. I tried again later and it did. I found out much later that both had gone through and I was stuck with extra tickets I did not want. StubHub's stance was all sales are final and that was that. So if they screw up; you get SCREWED.

• Updated by StubHub! · Apr 21, 2010

Dear StubHub Customer,

My name is Jeffrey Kline from Executive Customer Care at StubHub. I read your post and understand you had a less than stellar experience with StubHub. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by this situation and take a moment to address your concerns regarding the double purchase of tickets.

I understand that the “All Sales are Final” policy feels a bit strict, especially if something exception occurs, like accidentally double clicking on an order.

It might first help explain that at StubHub we are fans just like you but this is a Marketplace. We created our marketplace to bring fans together to buy and sell tickets in a safe, secure way. We are only the marketplace and rely on our sellers to provide tickets for sale. Once a sale is placed and confirmed by the seller there is a contract in place and part of this contract is that all sales are final. However, we understand there are circumstances that may not be accounted for. We always encourage our customers to re-list their tickets for sale if there is an issue where they can not use the tickets purchased. Although all sales are final, StubHub wants to and will work with buyers to try and rectify a situation. I’m sorry if that was not the impression you had here.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences caused by your experience. I would really like to try to resolve this issue with and turn your experience around. I hope that we can work together on this and resolve the issue. Please contact me, Jeffrey, at [email protected] with your order number(s) and contact info and I will gladly follow up with you directly. Thank you for being a StubHub customer and allowing me this opportunity to work with you.

• Sc
    Scammed in Alabama Nov 29, 2010

Jeffrey,
    The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine yesterday. I was the one clicking the site and I swear I did not hit any button twice. If the site has this gliche - why don't they fix it? Is it because it puts money in their pocket? "Ka-ching, Ka-ching"
    I realized the error within a half hour and called Customer Service. This was an even bigger joke. They initially claimed that they would resolve - but it soon became apparent that they tell you that - in order to keep you from making a credit card dispute. My friend is calling his bank tomorrow at 9 am. I hope the bank is helpful - if not, he gets to own 4 tickets costing $1600 when all he wanted was 2.

The only offer they made to my friend was to waive the fees - if he wanted to relist the tickets, or a credit of $800 to be spent in one year. Who wants to buy $800 worth of tickets in one year from scalpers. No wonder the price of the tickets are so high. Everyone that makes one order, gets two orders and they have to sell one order at extra rip off price to try and cover the Stubhub site order duplication rip-off and the prices are manipulated upward for the benefit of the person that makes a percent on the RIPOFFS that they created. j

[Resolved] do not count on them to deliver

4 tickets purchased for Wicked tickets for daughters birthday 2 months in advance with hotel reservations out of town trip. Contacted Stubhub multiple times regarding delay in receiving tickets. Day before the event still didn't have tickets and I was told worse case scenario they would send tickets in a PDF file. Didn't happen, fanguarantee they kept promising was no help. Supposedly they will refund the money but that is not the point. DO NOT COUNT ON THEM TO DELIVER.

• Updated by StubHub! · Apr 19, 2010

Hello. I’m Dave with the Executive Customer Care Department at StubHub. Your post was brought to my attention and I wanted to respond as soon as I could as I understand how frustrating your experience has been awaiting your tickets, especially for a special occasion like a birthday. I am very sorry to hear that you have received less than stellar service from our company. I understand how disappointing this has been and while It is not the norm, it is certainly not how our valued customers should be treated.

I think in context of the issue here, it may help to first explain that StubHub is a secondary ticketing marketplace where fans can buy and sell tickets to and from other fans. StubHub is not the ticket seller, and we hold no ticket inventory. All of the tickets sold through our site are being listed and sold by individual sellers who are responsible for fulfilling their orders with the exact tickets that were listed for sale. Obviously in this case, that did not happen. I would like the opportunity to try and turn this situation around for you somehow.

Since I don’t have the order information, I would request that you contact me directly via e-mail at [email protected] so that I may research your order and find out where this went wrong and why. You are absolutely correct in saying that simply refunding the money is not the point. We are all fans here as well and we understand that attending the event that you purchased tickets for is only part of the event experience. Again, my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused to you and your family. I hope to hear from you so we can work towards a resolution in this matter and turn your experience with our service around. Thank you.

[Resolved] could not give me my tickets in time for the event

I purchased 4 tickets to the PGA Players Championship in Alanta GA 4 months before the event, total cost of the 4 tickets $467.00. I received confirmation from Stub Hub that my purchase had gone through and I made non-refundable hotel reservations for the event at a total cost of $875.

4 days prior to the event I had not received my tickets so I called and emailed Stub Hub. For the next 3, I made a total of 13 phone calls and 8 emails. Stub Hub's customer service dept. assured me that my tickets were FedX'ed and would be received in time of the event. I live in Kentucky, 7 hours driving time from the event. The 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th phone calls I found out that the tickets had not been mailed out at all, this was less than 24 hrs. before the event was to start. Being that we had to drive to the event, Stub Hub could not deliver the tickets to my home address. I have 2 written emails from Stub Hub guaranteeing my tickets. As it turned out, they could not give me my tickets in time for the event. Needless to say, I was not only out the cost of the tickets but the cost of the hotel and a 4 day vacation. I turned this matter over to my attorney and we are still fighting Stub Hub in court. Stub Hubs so called ticket "Fan Guarantee" is nothing more than words. Stub Hubs customer service dept. are nothing more than commissioned sales people that will say and do what ever they have to do to get your money and get you off the phone.

• Updated by StubHub! · Mar 05, 2010

Hi. I’m Gregg Dispenza with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. I certainly apologize for the type of service you may have received from us regarding this transaction for the PGA Players Championship. Clearly, this has left you pretty frustrated and it is never a good experience when we cannot ensure that our buyers receive their tickets, regardless of the reason.

I‘d like to help resolve this for you if possible and, clearly, we would like you to have a better impression of StubHub. While it is true that we are a secondary marketplace for fan-to-fan ticket sales, are not a Box Office and have no direct connection to any venue or event. We rely on the individual sellers listing their tickets through our marketplace to fulfill all ticket orders and while highly unlikely, if a problem occurs, we certainly take it very seriously and do our best to fix it within our Fan Protect Guarantee which offers comparable or better replacement tickets or a full refund. We do care about your experience and want to do everything in our power to ensure it’s a positive one.

I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss this order with you in detail so we can be sure address any internal training needs that there may be. I’d also like to make sure that all of your questions and concerns are responded to as well. Please send an email to [email protected], Attn: Gregg, with the order number or the email address that your account is set up with. I will then be able to respond to you directly and look forward to hearing from you. Thanks! Sincerely, Gregg Dispenza.

[Resolved] stub hub simply awful

I sold tickets through Stub Hub and accidently put the seats in the wrong section. They were sold and upon receipt the buyer notified them they were wrong. Stub Hub charged me a 15% commission on the tickets. They then debited my credit card the cost to get the buyer an "equal or better" seat which I am sure they charged an additional commission on. Then they charged me an additional fee 6 days later for reasons unknown.

I have called and, like many after being on the phone for 30 mins or so got nowhere with rude condescending managemnt and employees. I was never told or hinted that when the tickets were wrong I would be financially responsible for the persons "upgrades". My problem is that they initiated all of the charges without notification, without an explanation of the charge, and without authorization to do so, as well as double billing commissions. Their customer service is rude & awful and their communications are horrendous. They even authorized all of the charges without the buyer even mailing the incorrect tickets back to me.

Having done my research now, and seeing how many people (Buyers and Sellers) that have complained about Stub Hub they still carry an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. I think it would do everyone a favor that has a problem with them to notify the BBB and seek a resolution.

• Updated by StubHub! · Mar 08, 2010

Hi. I’m Dave with the Executive Customer Care Department at StubHub. Your post was brought to my attention and I understand you sold tickets via StubHub and are concerned over charges that were processed on your credit card as a result of the Buyer receiving incorrect tickets. I can appreciate that this is a disappointing situation and will do my best to address your concerns.

As you already know, StubHub is a secondary ticketing marketplace, meaning that we are not a ticket seller and do not hold any ticket inventory. Sellers, such as yourself, post the tickets found on our website and are ultimately responsible for fulfilling any sales that come for their tickets exactly as listed. If a Seller sends wrong tickets to a Buyer, Sellers will be given the opportunity to provide the correct tickets for the order or comparable or better replacement tickets. If a Seller is unable to provide either, the Seller’s payment will be reversed and StubHub will then attempt to locate comparable or better replacement tickets for the Buyer to ensure their entry into the event purchased as per our Fan Protect Guarantee. As noted within the StubHub User Agreement, if there is any additional cost involved for StubHub to acquire replacement tickets for the Buyer, the Seller will be held financially liable for that difference. We do make our sellers aware of this information in advance. Sellers are advised of their responsibilities towards an order both when initially listing the tickets online and also when confirming a new transaction. Also when creating a StubHub account, all users must agree to the terms of the StubHub User Agreement before being allowed to use the site and the User Agreement contains specific language in regards to seller responsibilities and financial obligations.

I would like the chance to review your specific situation in order to provide a more detailed response and also to ensure that any additional questions or concerns you may have are addressed. As you mentioned in your post, StubHub does have an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau which is a testament to our loyalty towards our customers and is something we take a great deal of pride in. If you would like to discuss your issues directly, please contact me via e-mail at [email protected] Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

[Resolved] they are dishonest and cold to their customers

I placed a bid on tickets to game 4 of the World Series last year. My bid totaled over $900.00. Two days after I bought the tickets I had a family issue that made it that I couldn't attend the game. I called Stub Hub to see if I could retract the bid. They informed me I could not. I then asked to speak with a manager and he told me the same thing. It was unfortunate and I was upset but ultimately I understood. The manager I spoke with told me that since the auction was ending at 11:00 am on the day of the game and the tickets were e-tickets I could easily re-sell them on Stub Hub or even Craig's List if I were to win the auction. I ultimately decided to sell them on Craig's List. I even had a buyer lined up. Once I won I would e-mail him e-tickets once he paid me. I wound up winning the auction and I waited and waited for my e-ticket e-mail from Stub Hub. The e-mail never came. What did come was an e-mail explaining to me that Stub Hub could not provide me with the e-tickets that were advertised in the listing because of an "error". The e-mail explained that I needed to go down to the ballpark with my ID and the Credit Card I used to purchase the tickets. This was an impossible for me to do. I couldn't have my buyer go down there and get them because the tickets needed to be picked up by me with the two aforementioned pieces of ID. I eventually wrote Stub Hub to complain about the e-ticket switch-up and they told me that I could have whoever was going to the game pick them up but I had to give them the person's information. This was not feasible. Stub Hub’s response e-mail also didn't get sent back to me until about an hour before game time. Stub Hub did not care when I called them originally to try and back out of my auction bid. They didn't care why I couldn't go. They kept on going on and on about their guarantee. The fact that I had been a loyal paying customer of their company for over 5 years didn't factor into anything. They also royally screwed me over by not delivering my tickets to me electronically like the listing said they would and by waiting so long to respond to my complaint. You really shouldn't deal with these people. They could care less about you and what you want. Their guarantee only protects YOU the fan until it inconveniences Stub Hub. Then you are on your own.

• Updated by StubHub! · Mar 02, 2010

Hi. I’m Gregg Dispenza with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. I can totally understand your disappointment and frustration in this situation and will do my best to address your concerns.

Since we are a secondary marketplace, all of the tickets listed on our site come from individual sellers. When a bid was placed on an auction, it was considered intent to buy and therefore, the bid became a binding contract until the prospective buyer’s bidding range was exceeded. Similarly, with non-auction listings on our site, orders are considered commitments and that’s why the bottom of every web page states that all sales and bids are final. As the auction format was not very popular with our customers, that type of listing is no longer available on StubHub.

For most Major League Baseball events, we are able to integrate with MLB in order to have the barcodes on the seller’s tickets invalidated and new barcodes created for our buyer. This eliminates the potential of two sets of tickets for the same seats being used. In the rare instance where the new barcodes are unable to be created, our only option, per MLB, is to have the tickets set for pickup at the venue’s Will Call window. Should someone else be picking up the tickets, other than our buyer, we need to report that information to the venue.

We certainly want our customers to have as seamless an experience as possible when ordering tickets on our site. Without knowing the specifics of your situation, I’m not able to provide a more detailed response at this time. As such, I’m hoping we could look at this order together in detail. That way, we can see exactly what happened and if there is anything I can do to provide a more satisfying resolution. Please send an email to [email protected], Attn: Gregg, with the order number or the email address that your account is set up with. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks !

Sincerely, Gregg Dispenza.

• St
    StevieB469 Mar 11, 2011

StubHub is just part of the Ebay MONOPOLY!!! END STUBHUB'S FRAUDULENT PRACTICES!

James Cech Apr 27, 2013

Your company has used the excuse that you sent a check to Major League baseball and it is their fault I was not paid. All I know is I sold two tickets to see the Yankee's Vs the Washington Nationals MONTH ago and never got paid. Jim Cech

[Resolved] never use them

I ordered tickets to see Tina Turner @ Madison Square Garden for 12/1/08 from Stub Hub . Originally we had great seats! Stub Hub SUPPOSEDLY UPGRADED our seats from the original seats. Guess what?? We wound up sitting basically behind the stage on the side. We were looking at Tina Turner's back for most of the concert. If they did not have a big screen, we would have only seen her face 2 times! When I received the tickets & called to complain the woman kept insisting the tickets were better & more expensive then what we paid for. How can a ticket behind the stage when I was originally in front of the stage be an upgrade. NEVER USE STUB HUB!!!

• Updated by StubHub! · Feb 03, 2010

I am contacting you on behalf of the Executive Customer Care Department at StubHub. I first want to apologize for what I recognize as an unfortunate experience. I will do my best to address your concerns regarding the situation as fully as possible. I understand you were not happy with the quality of the seats you received and as well as the service you received. While I am not exactly sure what happened here but would certainly like to work with you on your situation and see if we can turn it around. I suspect that we were reacting to the original seller’s inability to fill the order.

It may help to explain a bit more about StubHub’s Marketplace. We are a secondary marketplace where fans can buy and sell tickets; however StubHub itself does not carry an inventory. The inventory listed on StubHub is coming from individual sellers and we rely on our sellers to follow the StubHub User Agreement when fulfilling their orders to avoid disappointing experiences as you described. In the end, the seller did not fulfill the order and consequently, StubHub normally will do our best to celled the transaction and offere replacement tickets to you to ensure you attended the event per the StubHub Fan Protect Guarantee.

Again, I''m sorry your experience was so disappointing. This is a situation that we most certainly would like to look into, though. I would like to follow up with you directly if possible. If you could please email me at [email protected] Attn: Sue, along with your order # and I would be happy to follow up and address your concerns. Sincerely, Sue Hickok, StubHub ECC.

[Resolved] they stink

If you value your sanity, do not use Stub Hub. After paying for and ordering tickets on 12/7/08, I still did not have them on 12/29. I started calling immediately that AM. I continued to call, be put on hold, get promised of return calls, emails from Monday the 29th thru the 1st (game day for the Cotton Bowl which is what I wanted tickets for was on 1-2!) Anyway, after about 5 total hours on hold and phone calls, non answered emails, incorrect info on emails, no returned promised phone calls, I never got my tickets. In all my 50 years of dealing with non caring folks, I hand it to Stub Hub. They are the worst! If you like to not get what you pay for, listen to the same hold message per phone call about 50 times per call (I am not exaggerating), and driving 8 hours from home to an event that you do not have tickets for, then by all means, use Stub Hub. If this type of fun doesn't tickle your fancy, then go somewhere else. I am making it my goal to let as many people as I can know that they stink!

• Updated by StubHub! · Jan 29, 2010

Hi. I’m Gregg Dispenza with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. I cannot apologize enough for the type of service you may have received, clearly it left you pretty frustrated and the service provided not up to our standards at all. In reading through, it seems that the delivery fro the seller of those Cotton Ball tickets was very problematic, and at the very least you should not have had to do all of the leg work to resolve this. At the end of the day, we want to help our customers create positive memories, not negative ones.

We appreciate you sharing your experience and would like to discuss your order in more detail with you personally and understand everything that took place so that we may be able to improve our services. Please email me at [email protected], Attn: Gregg and include the order number or the email address that your account is set up with. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks ! Sincerely, Gregg Dispenza.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices