Having problems with StubHub?

1866 788 2482 (USA & Canada)
1800 770 534 (Australia)
1800 436 0113 (Mexico)
+1 415 222 8400 (International)
+44 800 783 0260 (United Kingdom)
199 Fremont Street, Suite 300, Floor 4
San Francisco, California

Complaints & Reviews

Stubhubseller beware

If you think StubHub cares about their sellers or how long you have been doing businees with them, you are wrong! They only care about nickel and diming their sellers. I sold tickets to an event with over a month before the event took place and they cancelled the sale without even a phone call to explain why and to make matters worse they charged me a 49.50 fee. Customer service admited they never called and offered me a discount on the my next commision fee but there is no guarantee my tickets would sell and the commision fee would be far less than the 49.50 they were charging me. I hope you never have problems. If you do, good luck getting a resolution.

• StubHub's response · Oct 06, 2011

Dear Mbrancatojr,

Hi, my name is Jennifer, and I am writing from the Executive Customer Care team at StubHub.com. I want to first extend my sincerest apologies out to you for the frustration and inconveniences you faced during your experience with us. I am also happy to look into this matter further for you. At your convenience, please e-mail me at [protected]@stubhub.com with your order information.

Again, I am deeply sorry for the troubles you have experienced with us. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Stub Hubtotal rip off

Stub Hub took my 2 Cowboys football tickets and sold them and issued a rubber check to me in the amount of $1, 360. When I tried contacting them to get a new check issued, they claimed it was cashed by their bank. My bank contacted their bank and confirmed that it was not cashed. They are cheats and liars. Do not sell your tickets on their site.

StubHub.comscam

So Stubhub finally cancelled the pending charge for the tickets which I had cancelled and I went on my merry way after a bad experience.

Then I checked my bank account days later and found that THE CHARGE WAS BACK ON MY ACCOUNT! This was days after I cancelled the tickets and had the fist mess cleaned up! Totally illegal!

So I immediately called my bank at 3 am and told them about it and they said they would pursue Stubhub for me if funds were not given back. I called and emailed Stubhub and they promised to give me my money back (again). "Oopsie".

Do these guys just hold on to your personal financial information and try to sneak charges past you? It's ridiculous!

So now I am waiting again for my own money which they had no business taking. As soon as the money is restored, I am closing my bank account to keep these guys away from it. It's companies like Stubhub that keep me from being comfortable buying online.

• StubHub's response · Oct 04, 2011

Dear mcbriden,

Hi, my name is Jennifer, and I am writing to you from the Executive Customer Care team at StubHub. I would first like to sincerely apologize for the recent experiences you had with us. While mishaps such as this are rare, we want to do everything we can to make it right for our wonderful fans. We would be happy to look into this matter further for you. Please email us at [protected]@stubhub.com with your order number.

Again, I am deeply sorry for the poor service you experienced with us. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you!

www.StubHub.com

Stubhub — do not sell tickets on stubhub - it is fraud website

I am a full series subscriber to the US Open Tennis championship and sold several tickets on stubhub for the...

Stub Hubbait and switch

Sleazy company. My son bought tix (on my card) for Dave Matthews at Hershey. Tickets were described as "General Admission" with a seating chart labeled "StubHub Maps" that showed the section right in front of the stage (the equivalent of about 15 rows deep).

Lo and behold, the chart later switched to include a "Front GA" (the first 50 YARDS from the stage) and a "Rear GA" (the second 50 yards from the stage). His tickets are, you guessed it, "Rear GA, " a section that didn't even exist at the time of sale. StubHub took no responsibility, and we even lost the credit card dispute because of StubHub's user agreement.

Basically, what we learned is that the seller can claim anything, StubHub will go along, and there's nothing you as the buyer can do about it. It was an expensive lesson for my son, but in all honesty, folks, you have no rights. Do not buy through this company. (If you're looking to scam someone as a seller, however, this is a very accommodating environment.)

• Updated by StubHub! · Jun 21, 2010

My name is Jonathan and I’m following up with you on behalf of the Executive Customer Care Department at StubHub. I read your blog and want to sincerely apologize for the situation that occurred with the Dave Matthews Band tickets. I would like to address this with you directly however I’m unable to pull up your account without an e-mail address or an order number. Please contact me directly at [protected]@stubhub.com as I’d like to reach a mutually agreeable resolution just as soon as possible. Thanks very much for your time and for choosing Stubhub!

• StubHub's response · Aug 25, 2011

Hello Collen,

We certainly apologize for any inconvenience you and your son have experienced with us. We are here to make sure you have great experiences with us moving forward. Please contact us at [protected]@stubhub.com as we want to reach out to you and make things right. Thank you for your patience, we look forward to hearing from you!

StubHub ECC
            www.stubhub.com
            1866 STUB HUB

• Ri
            Richard Jul 29, 2009

This company took my 2 $792.00 that I paid for VIP NichleBack tickets and subsituted them with "row" tickets. Bait and switch, no refund. Buyer beware? I have talked to stubhub manegement and filed a complaint with paypal. NOTHING has been resolved. I have proof and will give details...[protected]@hotmail.com.

MY RECOMENDATION...I didnt know this until tonight...Go to Live Nation to purchase tickets. Those $792.00 (for 2) VIP tickets, that I paid for June 23, and will not get, are still available at LiveNation.com for $397.00, 3 day's before the concert here in Virginia Beach. Sorry for the rant, but I hope this helps somebody in the future.

• StubFlub! Aug 28, 2011

Hi Collen,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with StubHub. Like you, I too had a negative experience with them and they refused to resolve the situation. I launched a website - http://www.stubflub.com to expose their shady business practices and dealings.

Stub Hubmisrepresents tickets

I purchased tickets to a Yankees game for May 15, 2010 as a Christmas gift for my son. The tickets I purchased from Stub Hub advertised the tickets as Legends seating at a cost of over $1, 100.00. However when I received the tickets they where for Champions seating which was NOT what I purchased, therefore it was minus the additional perks that accompany those tickets.Stub Hub made a meaningless gesture but did not correct the tickets. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN NOR SHOULD YOU.

• StubHub's response · Aug 22, 2011

Hello westway,

We are very sorry you did not receive the tickets you had purchased, and we definitely want to do our best to help you. Because we are a secondary ticket market, we do not actually own any of the inventory listed on our website. We can request that our sellers re-issue tickets, but unfortunately there are times they are unable to do so. We would very much like to make this right for you. Would you mind emailing your StubHub Order Number and best contact information to [protected]@stubhub.com? We are more than happy to reach out to you directly.

• StubFlub! Aug 19, 2011

Hi westway,

Stub Hubbuyer beware

Do NOT use Stubhub unless you are willing to call Ticketmaster (or whomever else is the direct seller for the event) to validate the tickets once you've received them. I bought 6 of 7 counterfeit pit tickets off Stub Hub for the Dave Matthews show in Noblesville, IN. I called Stub Hub to explain the problem, and they cannot back up their Fan Protect policy. They refunded all the money, but the night was no where near what we had planned for. I was in the Pit, my friends were on the lawn.

• StubHub's response · Aug 14, 2011

Hello ChrisIrwin1971,

Thanks for reaching out! My name is Emilee and I am writing from the Executive Customer Care Team at StubHub.com. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you and all of your guests faced at this Dave Matthews Concert. We definitely would like to discuss your experiences further with you as we certainly want to make this right for you. Please send us an email with your StubHub Order Number and best contact information to [protected]@stubhub.com and we will definitely reach out to you directly and make this right for you.

Emilee D.

• StubFlub! Aug 19, 2011

Hi ChrisIrwin1971,

StubFlub.com

StubHub.comI used to really like this site but after that experience never again

For the idea of last minute tickets this site is good, but I've recently had some problems when buying Phillies tickets last fall when they over charged me then gave me different tickets with horrible seating and after I had received them I called up and said these aren't my tickets. So then they said that my tickets had already been sold. They would not give me a refund and they basically told me that I'm [censored] out of luck and to take it or leave it. After that they stopped responding to my emails and phone calls. To save face I was able to get my credit card to reverse the charges (thank God) which took a while but eventually came through. I used to really like this site but after that experience never again.

• StubHub's response · Aug 06, 2011

Hi Uotsee,

This definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want for you. We stand by our FanProtect Guarantee and apologize for any inconveniences. We'd love to review your order and discuss it with you. Please send us an email with your order information to [protected]@stubhub.com.
                  We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
                  1866 STUBHUB

Stub Hubfake tickets!!

Bought four tickets for the MAN-U vs MLS stars in reliant stadium a month in advance. Downloaded tickets online. Took the day off from work, drove 200 miles to Houston to see the game with three friends and on reaching the gate was informed that all our tickets (worth almost $700) were fake!! Never again will I or anyone else I know ever use this company again! I would expect a company to at least make sure the tickets they sold their customers were valid.

• StubHub's response · Aug 14, 2011

Hello,

My name is Emilee, and I am writing from the Executive Customer Care Team at StubHub.com. We would like to apologize for the hassle and frustration with the tickets you purchased. Our FanProtect Guarantee is available to ensure you receive authentic and valid tickets. We assure you that as your tickets did not work, you are absolutely entitled to a full refund, and the seller will not be paid for the tickets they sold you. We also would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further, and hopefully make this right for you. If you could please email your StubHub Order Number and best contact information to [protected]@stubhub.com, we will be happy to reach out to you directly to make this right for you.

Emilee D.

• StubFlub! Aug 09, 2011

Hi,

Stubhubbeware

We purchased two tickets to "Sublime with Rome" a month before the concert date. Because we don't go to concerts very much this was a special event for us. I wanted to make sure the $250.00 tickets we purchased were indeed front row. After talking with StubHub personnel on two separate occasions I was assured both times that the tickets were for the front row. Upon arrival at the concert we take our seats front row and are immediately escorted out. This was not only embarrassing but the seats we did end up with sucked. The ticket was for AA but the front row was 00. Sure this is an honest mistake but I checked twice with StubHub personnel before buying the tickets and was absolutely assured these were front row seats. So after the concert I call StubHub to inform them that I want to speak with a manager or get a complete refund. The person on the phone throws $50 my way because they do indeed have record of my several phone calls inquiring about the seating. Then I'm put on hold for over an hour, I call back and get the same treatment. I then email the complaint department three different times and I'm ignored. I email every contact I can find and call back several times but I'm simply ignored. I will NEVER use StubHub again. Buyer beware.

• 1d
                      1d1073rr0r Nov 05, 2011

Yeah you can't really prove that the buyer never went to the event. StubHub does protect sellers as well.

Stubhubfraud

Warning, do not buy tickets from Stubhub for in-demand events. When a seller recants, they cannot provide an alternative. Despite plans, money spent or commitment to the event, you are left with the option of "here is your money back" or an inferior offer. It is a bad value proposition.

Do not buy hot tickets from this site. This has happened twice, for the Yankees and for the US Open Tennis. The Yankees should know better.

StubHub.comno tickets, no refund

I released $207.00 to StubHub for concert tickets. No response from seller. I was promised a refund from StubHub several days ago. Still havent received it. No response form customer service, going on day 4. Stay away from this site unless you want to get into a bind.

• StubHub's response · Jul 28, 2011

Hi Skybluebuddha!

My name is Selena, I work for StubHub's Executive Customer Care Team. We certainly want to address this issue for you right away. Please email your order number to [protected]@stubhub.com. We will reach out to you for a resolution.

Thank you!
                          StubHub ECC
                          1866 STUBHUB

Stubhubstubhub can arbitrarily charge sellers additional fees if there is a ticket issue

I sold a pair of tickets on Stubhub for a concert that was rescheduled. My vendor told me that the original tickets were still valid so I did not worry about it. The tickets actually got reissued and the buyer could not use my original tickets at the gate. Stubhub never contacted me regarding this and ended up charging my CC the value of the tickets. If I was made aware of this, I could have called my vendor and this issue would have been resolved at the gate, but Stubhub did not bother to go this route. Since I cannot be told of what happened next, I can only guess that Stubhub purchased another pair of tickets that is had listed and provided them to the buyer. By going this route, Stubhub would collect an additional 15% seller commission fee. If Stubhub called me, this would have been all sorted out at the gate (of course, no additional commission fee for Stubhub).

A few weeks later, Stubhub charged me an additional $200 as an "inconvenience" fee for the buyer. I have no idea where the $200 number came from, but this was the amount charged to my CC. Stubhub can charge whatever amount they feel like and charge this amount to the seller. Since there are no limits in place, this type of policy unfairly favors the buyer. What happens if Stubhub decided to give the buyer $1000 or $10000? My CC just gets charged and that would be the end of the story. If a company is going to have such biased policy, limits need to me made and terms need to be clearly stated. The shady part about this is that the $200 is a just "store credit" the buyer receives. If the buyer never uses the credit, Stubhub basically makes a free $200 (at my expense). With the credit, Stubhub is forcing more business to itself so it can collect the outrageous 25% commission for a new ticket sale. Sellers watchout!!

• St
                            Steve168 Jan 09, 2012

StubHub is terrible and their fees are ridiculous. I'm so happy I found a solution just going through craigslist and using switchon3.com for security. 6% in fees is a lot better than 25+%.

Stub Hubhorrible customer service

The company sent my payment for tickets I sold to a nonexistent paypal account after I had changed my payment method to check immediately after I registered with their site. I immediately contacted them through their company site which promises an "8 hour reply tops", nope! I sent the message again with no reply. I called and again, no response. I sent an email with promises of bad publicity & finally received a response. This took over a week. Their response: you selected paypal, contact them & then we can get the funds back & you can have your check in 2-3 weeks. I replied furiously that was unacceptable so i had to open a paypal account to receive my funds which took an additional 3-4 days bc paypal had to verify & receive the monies again from stubhub bc paypal had sent them back. I am still in contact with the "customer service" team trying to get my fees back from stubhub for all the time, effort, delays, and frustration this has caused me. The last email from stubhub said that I had selected paypal & not check (so I'm the liar now) so they will waive my fees next time I sell tickets on their site. I will never use them for anything again in the future & I certainly will not recommend them to anyone. I verified on my account several times that my payment method was check while my tickets were for sale. The very least they should do is refund my fees, which are outrageous. Stubhub does not know the meaning of customer service and I am spreading the word to anyone who even entertains the thought of using them to sell tickets on their site.

• Updated by StubHub! · Aug 11, 2010

Hi GTE295E. I’m Gregg Dispenza with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. We read your comment, can certainly understand your frustration in this matter and wanted to respond as best as I can.

As you may already be aware, StubHub is a secondary marketplace for fan-to-fan ticket sales. In most cases, as part of our integration agreement with Major League Baseball our sellers have the opportunity to input their ticket barcodes when listing their tickets for sale on our site. This action then allows Major League Baseball to invalidate the original barcodes when the tickets sell, which create new secure barcodes for the StubHub buyer to ensure that there will be only one set of valid tickets for those seats. In discussions involving the Cubs, the agreement has been that only pre-approved and qualified sellers, meeting the team’s specifics, may list tickets for the Rooftop section on our site. My understanding is that because these seats do not fall under our standard reselling integration agreement with Major League Baseball, the actual hard copy paper tickets are required when fulfilling an order.

Once the seller confirms their ability to fulfill an order, all points of our Fan Protect Guarantee are put into place, which Guarantees our buyers that they will receive their tickets in time for the event, that the tickets will be authentic and valid for entry, or if for any reason a seller cannot fulfill a confirmed order they will receive tickets comparable to or better than the tickets they ordered, or their money back. Per our User Agreement, if a seller is unable to fulfill an order after they’ve confirmed it, they are responsible for any additional costs to StubHub, beyond the price of the original listing, to obtain comparable or better tickets in order to gain entry to the event for our buyer in order to fulfill our Fan Protect Guarantee.

I apologize for any confusion that you may have experienced and would like to take a look at your particular order in detail with you, to better understand what exactly happened in this case. Please send an email to [protected]@stubhub.com, Attn: Gregg. Please include the order number itself or the email address that your account is set up with. I will follow up directly and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
                              Gregg Dispenza, StubHub Executive Customer Care.

• Updated by StubHub! · Aug 11, 2010

Hi AnnieMack1956. I’m Gregg Dispenza with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. We read your comment, can certainly understand your concern and wanted to respond to you.

I apologize if the service you’ve received from us at any time has not been to your satisfaction. We are continuing to address our service levels and our site has undergone continual changes throughout this year, which have impacted things on several fronts. We have added clarifying information during the steps of both our buy and sell processes, as well as expanded our online Help section. This will be an ongoing effort based on feedback that we receive from our customers.

To better understand what your specific StubHub experience has been, I would like to speak with you directly, as well as address any questions or concerns that you may have with StubHub. Please send an email to [protected]@stubhub.com, Attn: Gregg, and include any order number involved or the email address that your account is set up with. I will follow up and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gregg Dispenza, StubHub Executive Customer Care.

• Updated by StubHub! · Jun 20, 2011

Dear danice37, We are reaching out to you from the Executive Customer Care Department of StubHub. We have read your comment and would like to speak with you personally in regards this situation. If you could email us at [protected]@stubhub.com and include your StubHub order number, a member of our team would be more than happy to follow up with you and hopefully come to a resolution on this.

StubHub.com

• Gt
                              gte295e Jul 29, 2010

We recently attempted to sell Cubs rooftop tickets on Stub Hub. It is commonly known that Cubs rooftops do not issue tickets, they get your name on put it on a guest list. Stub Hub had the option for rooftop/all inclusive as well as our particular rooftop on their site. Our tics sold and they demanded the physical tic, which we couldn't provide. We explained all of this and they told us we couldn't sell without the tics, which stinks to say the least but on top of that they charged us a 35% markup our sale to find "replacement tics". Anyone that has ever been to a Cubs rooftop knows that there is no replacement for this experience so if they can't sell ours because we can't provide a tic, how did they manage to buy a ticket to another rooftop when none of them issue tickets???? After asking them 4 times and continuing to get the run around we gave up and will never use "stub[censored]ers" as we like to call them again and are telling everyone we know how awful their customer service is. Even in an event where they share the blame they are still willing to trample all over their customers. It is evident by the significant number of complaints on this site that we are absolutely not alone in our disguist with this company and even as big as they are they cannot continue to treat their customers like [censored] or one day they won't have any.

AnnieMack1956 Jul 29, 2010

StubHub is awful when it comes to customer service. They are next to impossible to get on the phone and when you do, they are condescending and eager to get you off the phone. You have to be VERY careful when listing tickets if you don't have electronic tickets because the place to select physical tickets is TINY and not in the body of the ad with the rest of the information. I was able, at the last minute, to get StubHub to call the buyer and get her address so I could overnight her tickets. It all worked out but I'll never use them again because they are not customer friendly and only out to make a buck.

Hi danice37,

Stub Hubbeware

Between January 27th and and February 18th, an unauthorized party accessed our StubHub account and changed our listing of concert tickets. Originally, we had placed two tickets for sale for approximately $175 each, but the altered listing showed them at $200 each. Additionally, they were listed as "General Admission" tickets, but the altered listing showed them as being in "VIP" status, meaning, in essence, that they were now advertized as being more valuable than they really were. Without realizing that somebody had changed our listing, I authorized a sale that reflected the altered ticket information.

I complained to a StubHub representative, stating that my account had been accessed and altered by an unknown and unauthorized user, but they still held me solely responsible for the transaction and have stated that they do not intend to investigate unless we provide proof that the account's security was breached. All we have is the confirmation email at the time the listing was created, showing the correct ticket info and pricing at that time. We are currently at a standstill in the investigation since we do not have access to their servers and can't say when and from where the account was accessed.

I contacted the Cyber Police (FBI) to resolve this problem!! Stub Hub plans on charging me $297.00 FOR THEIR MISTAKE...THEIR LACK OF SECURITY!!!

• Updated by StubHub! · Jun 20, 2011

Dear septimia7,

I am writing from the Executive Customer Care Team over at StubHub.com. I have read your post, and I am so sorry that we have not yet been able to reach a resolution with you. Please send an email to [protected]@stubhub. com with your name, order number and best contact number and I'll be happy to assist you.

Emilee

Hi Septimia7,

Stub Hubconcert ticket disappointment

This is the first time I have tried StubHub, heard good things so was excited to order concert tickets and was even more excited when I received immediate communication. The tickets arrived quickly which was more exciting! When I opened the Fed-Ex envelope I saw the tickets and was immediately deflated and disappointed at the amount of money that I had paid which was $759.00 for 4 concert tickets and the face value of the tickets was only $47.50 each from TicketMaster. I knew the seats weren't the greatest but I had a difficult time finding 4 together since I was a little later ordering them but that's a huge price difference for not so great seats. No very excited anymore and won't return to StubHub. Too risky and Too expensive of a lesson-I feel pretty cheated and ashamed to tell the friends whom I was ordering tickets for to attend the concert with me... what happenend. :(

Hi Gabe800,

StubFlub.com

Stub Hub — bait and switch!

On march 20, 2011 I decided to buy 2 tickets to a Friday night game for my husband and I. Went on line to...

Stub Hub — $1,600 for wrong tickets

StubHub allows sellers to list specific seat numbers, yet fails to back up those listings. After ordering the...

Stub Hubbuyers beware

I bought 3 tickets to a concert over the phone with Stub Hub . I was assured prompt delivery to my hotel prior to the concert. I called the day before the concert event only to be told that the seller still hadn't responded. When I pressed the issue of needing the tickets I was told that the seller had 48 hours from when I bought the tickets and to wait(it had been more than 48 hours). I asked the sales person if she could contact the seller to see if he still had the tickets and was told they don't contact sellers. I pressed the issue again and she put me on hold and called the seller. When she came back on I was told the tickets were no longer available as the seller had sold them. I asked the sales person if that was it, there were no other tickets and she said no. I asked to speak with a manager so I was given to Steve. He came on and told me that the tickets were sold by the seller. He was cold and unsympathetic that I had traveled 2500 miles to attend the concert only to have the tickets pulled out from me. I called Ticketmaster and got new tickets from a helpful staff. I will never use Stub Hub again.

Stubhubincompetence

Several days ago, I listed 4 tickets for sale to an NHL playoffs game on Stubhub. My listing expired before the tickets sold (or at least that's what an e-mail I received said), so I relisted my tickets which eventually sold. Several hours after receiving the first e-mail that said my tickets had sold, I received an additional e-mail saying that my tickets had sold. I called Stubhub to inform them that they had sold my same 4 tickets twice because I didn't want the two buyers to get ripped off due to Stubhub's error. I was told my claim was going to dispute resolution and I would be contacted within 24 hours. The following day I received an e-mail saying that I was being charged over $260 because I double listed the tickets and could not fulfill the orders.

I've called Stubhub several times since they decided to screw me over and my claim has again been submitted to dispute resolution, where I will allegedly be contacted by them again within 72 hours. Gee, I wonder how many hundreds of dollars they're going to try to steal from me this time! Their customer service reps are incompetent, rude, and incapable of resolving anything. I am a season/playoff ticket holder, so Stubhub will unfortunately be missing out on tons of $$$$$ and many transactions because they decided to screw me over. Do not buy or sell from these ###s! I will continue to badmouth this company to everybody I know and through every outlet I have until I am refunded my money! I will continue to call these losers everyday until they refund my money!

• Updated by StubHub! · Apr 25, 2011

Dear oshea1222, We are reaching out to you from the Executive Customer Care Department of StubHub. We have read your comment and would like to speak with you personally in regards this situation. If you could email us at [protected]@stubhub.com and include your StubHub order number, a member of our team would be more than happy to follow up with you and hopefully come to a resolution on this.

StubHub.com