Menu

reviews & complaints

StubHub Complaints Summary

67 Resolved
284 Unresolved
Our verdict: With StubHub's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for StubHub has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of StubHub. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

StubHub complaints 351

Sort by:

Newest StubHub reviews & complaints

I
2:48 pm EDT

StubHub ticket price gouging

I have been a StubHub customer for many years. I decided to purchase Barbara Streisand tickets half an hour ago for $139.50 each. As I am CHECKING OUT and PAYING, they raised the price to $200 per ticket. I refreshed the page but the tickets were still priced at $139.50. I called StubHub and was unfortunate enough to receive an extremely rude male employee with a thick eastern European accent who put me on hold for nearly half an hour only to tell me that the ticket seller has the right to raise the ticket prices even if they are mid checkout. Apparently, price gouging is totally legal and acceptable on this site. I sent him a screenshot of the tickets on their site for $139.50. I asked him if it would be OK for him to shop on my site, purchase tickets for one price, and then have me hike them up $100 WHILE he is PAYING for them. He said "No, that would not be OK". Then WHY is it OK for them to do it? How did the conversation end, you ask? HE HUNG UP ON ME AFTER LAUGHING ABOUT IT TO HIS COWORKER ON THE PHONE WITH ME. THAT is StubHub! BUYER BEWARE, and always surf in incognito mode since STUBHUB is NOT above price gouging and unfair business practices, as well as EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL employees. NEVER shopping with them again!

12:48 am EDT

StubHub selling concert tickets

I could no longer attend a concert, so I figured I would sell my tickets on StubHub. These are completely valid tickets since I had purchased them through Ticketmaster, I had a receipt and all. Well it sold the day of the concert just 5 hours before it started. The next day I get an email from StubHub saying that the tickets were invalid and that they would be charging me a whopping 925$. That's crazy, that is well more than what the tickets were sold and worth! Anyway I'm still trying to get scan reports but either way it won't matter because if the buyer is a scalper they could have taken the tickets and sold them to multiple people and then the scan report will show that it was used multiple times so this "confirms" that YOU sold them invalid tickets. So then you have to pay that ridiculous price. Truly an awful company to use and work with! No seller protection at all! But they don't care about these issues because they are making an insane profit off of issues like this!

10:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub attempt to sell ticket

At the last minute on the day of a show, June 28, 2019, I listed tickets for re-sale on stubhub where I originally purchased the tix back in March. When listing the tix I did not recall that the tix were delivered via UPS. I also assumed I would be able to transfer them electronically as the format for listing was not intuitive. The tix sold the next hour. The email stated that there was nothing for me to do and the tix would be delivered in the next hour. Three hours later when I did not receive a confirmation email I reached out to stubhub to inquiry about the transaction. At that time, I was informed that since the tix were delivered UPS there was no way to have them delivered to the seller and I was instructed to cancel the order. The rep assured me that I could go ahead and use the tix and a confirmation email would be sent cancelling the order. Cancellation ##[protected]. At no time does the email notify me nor did the rep notify me that I would be charged another $178.5 above the already $470+ spent on the tix. When I noticed the withdrawal from my bank account, I contacted Stubhub and was basically told to read the fine print, there's no way we can reverse it. I am extremely disappointed that I would was not given notice that a fee was being withdrawn from my bank account or given the option to attempt to meet the seller and provide the tix. The fact that the rep was negligent in providing me sufficient information to make an informed decision and the 2nd rep basically blamed me for not reading the fine print has caused me undue financial hardship, stress and I will never do business again with an unscrupulous company. By the way I was unable find in the extremely lengthy fine print any such support of a 40% penalty fee as the rep claimed. I am filing a complaint to demand the return of my $178.50 as no services were rendered or warranted this fee.

V
12:21 am EDT

StubHub unethical behaviour

I had listed two tickets to sell in StubHub.#[protected] 2019 Cricket World Cup - Bangladesh v India Tickets.

When I had listed, there was no mention about not selling child tickets.

Tickets was sold and now, StubHub buyer didn't want child or alchol free ticket.

StubHub is asking me to get two adult ticket in alcohol section. Asking me to pay penalty.

Here is Unethical behavior by StubHub:

1. On June 8th, 2019 - There was no option mention about not selling child tickets. They introduced very recently. They have changed rules.
2. Alchohol free restriction was choosen by me. Now, they are saying it was not choosen.

It is responsibility of StubHub to give me the committed price the ticket was sold for.

D
2:27 pm EDT

StubHub unethical behaviour

I purchased tickets many months ago to see the Rolling Stones on June 25th in Chicago. Unfortunately the tour was postponed and ticketmaster offered me a full refund for the tickets I purchased. I forgot to take down my resale listing on StubHub and they have just charged me over $1, 400 as they sold them 24 hours ago. I called them and they were not helpful and told me I had no recourse. I post various things for sale on different sites but never has this happened to me. See my email trail below from ticketmaster. Please help!

ticketmaster_logo_white_retina

Hi Rolling Stones Fan,

The Rolling Stones have announced the postponement of their No Filter Tour. The promoter is working on rescheduling your show now.

The Rolling Stones
Tue • Jun 25 • 7:30 PM
Chicago, IL — Soldier Field
Get Directions
My Tickets
Your order has been canceled. If you have any questions please contact Fan Support.

Order #
38-16936/CH1

A
10:12 pm EDT

StubHub champions league final tickets

Hello,

I just have been cheated by stubhub.
I bought 6 tickets for usd 18, 000 two months ago and we flight from Chile to Madrid just for the game.
The day before the game Stubhub inform us there will be no tickets for us, after weeks telling us everything its ok and tickets are being delivered.

Now Im looking for some lawyer that can help in in a class action lawsuit because I know there is a huge amounts of funs in the same situation.
I will cover all the legal costs to anybody that would like to join my claim

Thanks,

N
Nikky15
, HK
Jun 25, 2019 3:34 am EDT

i've faced the same situation, would you please leave your contact information that I can contact you.
Much appreciated

8:24 pm EST

StubHub atp 2019 tickets women's finals

I bought 2 tickets for the ATP 2019 Women's finals for $623.35.
It is originally a gift for my girlfriend 30th Bday!
Women's finals is at 7pm this Sat 26th Jan.

Now I look at the PDF, I have 2 tickets for a play at 1pm on the ROD LAVER ARENA: THESE ARE FAKES! There is no game at this hour!

The price on the tickets is even $148 x2!

StubHub are ROBBERS! DO NOT TRUST THIS SERVICE!

Z
1:23 am EST

StubHub tickets sales /fraudulent charges

I have been billed and billed for fake tickets I bought off stubhub and resold. The show was out of town and car issues meant I couldnt go. I resold the tickets through stubhub! They repeatedly bill me and refuse any kind of resolution. I was robbed! Dont make the mistake of buying or selling here; you are safer in a dark alley.
This customer service team is only helpful at screwing you out of your money and making fake promises before charging you again!

P
12:38 pm EST

StubHub fail to provide the credit accordingly

the ticket below was received hours after the concert started, consequently we didn't have enough time to attend the event which is against your policy. Under your policy I'm requesting a full refund or a credit towards another event. Please issue the credit towards my account as soon as possible. looking forward to hear from you.

FanProtect Guarantee contents

FanProtectTM for Buyers

FanProtectTM for Sellers

FanProtectTM for buyers

Summary of StubHub guarantee to Buyers:

•You will get your tickets in time for the event

•Your tickets will be valid for entry

•Your tickets will be the same as those you ordered

•If any of these things do not occur and you comply with applicable policies and timelines, we will find you comparable or better tickets to the event, or offer you a refund or credit for use on a future purchase
and

•If the event is cancelled and not rescheduled, you will get a refund

Getting tickets on time

If you don't receive the tickets you ordered by the date communicated to you when you placed your order or in subsequent communications, notify StubHub. StubHub will, in its sole discretion, attempt to locate and facilitate delivery of your tickets, provide you with comparable or better replacement tickets at no additional cost, issue you a full refund (including any fees and shipping/handling charges), or issue you a credit for use on a future purchase.

R
4:00 pm EST

StubHub invalid ticket handling

StubHub Order #[protected] - I sold tickets on Stubhub and on November 2, 2018, I get an email telling me that a buyer was unable to gain entry with a ticket I sold and they requested a scan report from the venue. I contacted the venue and apparently this is not standard practice to give scan reports. They did however send me a printout showing which of the tickets I sold had actually scanned and which did not. Anytime I send information to them it takes at least 5-7 days to hear back from them but in turn they wanted this information from me in 2 days and have since charged me because the 2 day deadline passed.

Z
9:30 pm EST

StubHub overnight hair ended up being 4 days later

on Monday the 19th I went to ups store the minute it open in Palm Harbor, Fl. The clerk assured me that the football tickets would be delivered no later than Nov 20 at 3PM! these tickets were time sensitive so stub hub had us pay for overnight air. I checked over and over again after 3PM tracking and NO DELIVERY. IN the early evening of Tuesday the 20th I did a live chat with a Stub Hub Agent and she proceeded to file a lost or stolen report. Which put me in a state of anxiety because the game these tickets were for was on Friday November 24 at 4PM! It was already Tuesday evening! She said that the investigation could take 8 days. On Wednesday Morning I went to the UPS store that I sent them from and the clerk said it was under investigation and the tickets may have slipped under something, in between somewhere, blah blah. SO I immediately called my USF representative and thank GOODNESS he said he would talk to management and see if they could send replacement tickets via EMAIL to the buyer. I called STUB HUB and spoke to a Seresha and asked for the buyers email. I gave the email to the USF rep and I was saved by them. Meanwhile, it's Thursday and Thanksgiving, No Delivery. On Friday while at the Tampa Bay Stadium at 2:32 I receive an email stating the tickets were delivered. TOO LATE! My son sold the tickets with his stub hub account for me. He paid for the overnight air. PLEASE refund us the shipping charges. It was not delivered as promised and as paid for. the tracking number was 1Z18V5311341522047 His email is [protected]@aol.com

6:45 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub parking pass at the forum

I purchased a Stub Hub parking pass on November 15, 2018 en route to the Forum to hear Michelle Obama speak. I was with a carful of friends and they asked me to get a special parking pass for the event. They cost 124.88, but since I was treated to the event, I felt it was my responsibility to purchase the parking pass. With no time to spare, we stopped at a Fed Ex store to print the tickets. I couldn't get past the "find your order" step because it wouldn't accept the access code I received. The Fed Ex people also couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. I didn't have time to call Stub Hub and engage their help. Turns out that the last digit in the passcode looked like the letter O, but was a zero. I failed. Never got the ticket. We paid cash for parking and we were late. Stub Hub will not refund my money and simply say, "I'm sorry you had this issue. We won't be able to process a refund for you." I've used Stub Hub in the past and been satisfied. I am very frustrated and disappointed this time.

12:57 pm EDT

StubHub purchased world series tickets

Me and a friend flew down for the World series at dodgerstadium it was 3 hours before gametime and I was trying to purchase tickets on stubhub.com app, I found the tickets I wanted entered in all my information but when I went to enter my credit card information it kept telling me it was incorrect tried 3 separate credit cards same issue! Called customer support verified my information she was able to find the tickets but the price was more expensive through the phone than online, She said she was sorry but that can be the case and I said well I can't order them online it's not allowing me to she said she was sorry she couldn't price match it. I continued with the order she told me the tickets which showed online as instant download would take about 5 to 10 minutes to show up in my stub hub app and email, We sat outside the stadium for an hour finally it was getting closer to game time when I got a phone call from stub hub to verify my order I said yes I placed the order she said you will receive your tickets within 2 minutes. Finally got the tickets went to the gate to scan them for some reason the tickets would not work she said you need to go to the stubhub ticket office located on the other side of the stadium we walked down 3 separate flights of stairs from the top of the stadium where we entered had to ask 3 people that work at dodger stadium none of them had any idea where the stubhub office was, By this time the game had started we were extremely upset we didn't get into our seats until the 3rd inning missing most of the excitement of the game 2 home runs 1 of which we were told left the field and landed in our section 20ft away. I complained to the stubhub office at dodger stadium and all they did was give me apology after apology offered no type of discount or refund which is absurd when I pay $700 for 2 seats to a baseball game 2 hours in advance when were already at the stadium and are told are tickets will be ready for us to enter the park within 5 minutes and it ends up taking over 3 hours and us walking around trying to find someone to help us! Needless to say I'm extremely disappointed in stubhub I will be canceling my account and never using them again buyer beware!

A
5:31 pm EDT

StubHub selling tickets then being charged as invalid

I sold 2 tickets with Stubhub. I contacted customer support multiple times before tickets sold involving listing them. They sold pretty fast. I transferred tickets to sellers name & they was sent an email from ShowClix telling them to pick up at willcall & it also gave them a code to get in. Never once in all the emails I sent back & forth with Stubhub did their customer service say this would be any type of problem. I had problems getting paid because they kept doing weird things to make it not go through but once I threaten to contact my bank & report them for fraud the payment went through. I didnt think anything else about this until I got 2 emails from my bank stating they stole money. In the email from Stubhub they said the tickets were invalid which they were not. That they would take money from Paypal. Which is not where they took money from. Everything this company has done has been done with false pretense. There is no truth at all. This company rips off innocent people. I want to sue. I contacted BBB and its not worked out. I think this company should be shut down & be forced to pay out all the money to its victims it has ripped off for their own profits. Please contact me if you know of any class action suits. I will be contacting attorneys to try to get one started.

D
3:58 pm EDT

StubHub ticket to a johnny mathis concert

I purchased 4 tickets for over $157.00 per ticket. On top of that, I was charged over $186.00 in fees...fees for what? I have no Idea. To add insult to injury, my tickets arrived and were marked $80.00 each. I feel such a fool. I am so mad, I am willing to sell these tickets to anyone out there for half of what I paid. I will never use or recommend StubHub. Never ever! Fees for what? For having someone charge me almost double the ticket price. I've been scalped by StubHub, but never again. They run a business with a license to steal.

11:10 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub tickets to a concert not purchased by me

Tickets to a concert was purchased from someone using my card information due to my identity bein stolen. I spoke with stubhub on this issue and waited 48hrs for an email response which i requested a call back. The customer service representative Martina was very rude and disrespectful and offered no solution to resolve this issue. I am the customer and my information was stolen. I was frauded and nothing was done to resolve this issue now I am out 300 dollars with tickets to a concert I cant attend.

J
10:58 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub Deactivated account due to ip issues from friend's house

My son bought a ticket to tomorrows Foo Fighters show in St. Paul 10 months ago. The ticket seller never mailed his ticket. So he contacted SH and they said they would issue him a new one and to check his account. When he tried to log in, his account was deactivated. Here's the kicker... SH deactivated my son's account because of a chargeback claim between SH and one of son's friends. Apparently, AJ bought tickets on SH to a different show from his friend's house this summer. SH has an issue with that person... And since my son used the same IP address, SH has since deactivated my son's account too. Why in the world SH would punish my son over a claim with someone else is beyond comprehension. Poor kid, he was sooooo looking forward to the show and now he's out of luck. I wish I could help him, but you know what it's like trying to get help from SH phone operators who say they can't get a manager on the line, or say the situation is out of their control.

M
6:29 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StubHub ticket: charged visa on tickets that are being speculated on (admittedly by stubhub)

I bought tickets from stubhub because I missed the early sale for a concert. The tickets were a special (and rare) gift purchase so I decided to splurge and settled on stubhub because of their posted policies against speculation. I went through the process and when I entered my visa info and pressed "complete order", although it did say I'd get tickets by the day before the concert, I expected (as with any purchase) that my visa wouldn't be charged until the seller confirmed there were tickets.
When I realized that this indeed wasn't the case, I carefully re-read their policies and then called stubhub and got a rep on the phone. I asked him to confirm that my tickets were in fact legit and purchasable explaining that getting them last minute was ok if I were to actually get them. That if he couldn't I'd be tempted to get them elsewhere (as they are available now at the venue) and giving someone the option of re-selling in less than 12 hours is not a service.
The agent on the phone, saying he understood, offered to call the seller to see if maybe he could get them earlier for me (to gift)...he put me on hold... When he returned, he said "the seller doesn't have them, he said they won't be released until the day before the concert". Was shocked and said, "what if I can't wait that long and want to know because this is a gift and I don't want to ruin the surprise?" He said; "well you can resell". I asked how that was helpful if I wouldn't even find out if I'd get them until less than 12 hours before the concert. I'd be stuck trying to sell tx last second AND I'd have no gift.
He suggested that I could resell at any time so I asked; "isn't selling or reselling something that doesn't yet exist, speculation?" I thought you had policies against speculation?
Again, I learned for a fact that the tickets to this concert had been available and were once again released as they added a second show - so the argument that the tickets weren't yet released is invalid unless that seller was speculating. The agent gave me the same canned response and quickly ended the call.
I called my Visa company and asked if there was a way to dispute the purchase, they assured me that Stubhub guarantees against speculation in their terms of service and that after the 20th, they would pursue it but I'd have to wait until after that date.
I decided to try another agent via messaging on their website so at the very least I could have a record of the conversation. they gave me the same canned response: We won't refund, the seller will send you tickets the night before the concert, you can resell them if you don't like this arrangement. (I have screen shots. of the whole interaction).
They admitted (although they tried to convince me) that they couldn't guarantee their sellers weren't speculators. All that agent told me was "he's not, he's one of our best sellers"...I asked her how I could possibly re-sell if she couldn't guarantee that those tickets were indeed valid or legitimately available - "If I don't get the tickets until a few hours before the concert, I have no time to resell...so that's clearly not a legitimate option and If I post a resell now, I'm speculating because I don't have the tickets and can't guarantee I can get them!" ...
This company cannot offer what they say they can. they are falsely advertising their ability to provide a legitimate product. In my particular case, I don't care about the refund as much as I care about the tickets. this isn't something for me, this is an experience for my child - one that she's never had and I wanted to give her as a very special and unusual gift. I rarely spend money on anything because I'm a single income parent. I wanted this to be special and now I actually don't trust that it will be. It might, but there is no way to know for sure. when I bought the tickets, I never imagined that someone would be selling something they couldn't guarantee they would actually have. I never imagined that a company would take people's money from them without first confirming that there was a product to sell... I get the brokering and trusting your sellers part but there MUST be a time limit on when the product is presented. You can't tell people "Oh, but you can resell them" if you barely give them 10 hours or less to do so.
I attached two screen shots; one is of something I found that showed a rep summarizing the policy and the other is the tail end to my online conversation with a rep - I screen shot much more as she "argued" with me during our interaction...even asking if I knew the seller -insinuating that's how I knew he was speculating - even though I told her I had spoken to another rep on the phone who put me on hold to call the seller and confirmed they didn't have any tickets yet).

J
5:02 pm EDT

StubHub cannot remove your account ever

three years ago, i was a victim of fraud linking my stubhub account with my paypal account. i was told back then that stubhub would scrub my account from the internet. i recently found out that it is still there. i again was told the account was scrubbed, but it is still there. now they are telling me it is impossible for them to scrub an account, even after fraud - they also refuse to give me the fraud office contact or the corporate contact. most sites offer a button to click to remove an account, but not stubhub - so beware, once created, they will NEVER delete it, only deactivate it, which anyone then can reactivate. insanity!

E
2:41 pm EDT

StubHub ticket purchase

I tried to purchase tickets through Stubhub for Hamilton in Boston. I succeeded in only making several mistakes as a first time user. I wanted to purchase 6 tickets total for my family for husband's surprise birthday. Mistake one, I purchased two individual tickets, thinking that they were side by side only to find out after that the tickets were in different rows (piggy backed). Mistake two, I went back to purchase more tickets (as I needed six total) and the site had automatically brought me to the current day, not the date I had last purchased the tickets . I immediately then called customer support to try to fix all of my issues. Four tickets all mixed up and not what I wanted. I was told that the only way to correct this is to resell the tickets.
Two tickets were easy to relist (the ones in the separate rows), but the two tickets that are the most time sensitive (tickets for today's show) took over two hours on the phone with customer service as I could not list them for sale until they were transferred to me. These are two hours I can not spare if I am to have any shot at reselling. Further, since the tickets are mobile form only, I am not able to list them on other sites. Stub hub charge $50 per ticket on the sales side and $25 on the resell side. I have to date paid out $225 for buy side and fees for the sell side have been waived for which I am grateful.
That said, I feel very strongly that Stubhub should be refunding my buyer fee for the tickets that were purchased in error for today. Strictly speaking and in the disclaimers you are not required to, but in good faith it would be the right thing to do.
Elizabeth Reynolds
[protected]@verizon.net

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

StubHub contacts