Strayer Univesityfinancial aid

I started Strayer in June 2010. It was very easy to get into admissions, I should have known that this was too good to be true. The6y said I was approved for Financial Aid then they turn around and said I had reached my Accrual Limit on the NSLDS which is not true. they post the wrong amount o9f funds to my account this quarter and now they state I owe them for the Summer Quarter which is not true because I receive a refund in the summer. I also have a credit balance for the fall which I have not receive a refund for because they can get their books right. Please if you are thinking about going to Strayer DON'T GO. It's a big rip off the take your money and pocket for themselves. I've been asking for and invoice since June so I can see what my charges are and they refuse to give me one. If someone who is reading this is a lawyer please help me contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com.
Thanks

Andrew Prielipp Aug 06, 2011

I am a victim of Strayer, too. I started there in 2005. I received my Associate of Arts in Computer Information Systems in 2007. I decided to go on with my education and obtain my Bachelor's degree. In late 2010, after 5 years of attending Strayer, they told me the same thing. I have reached my aggregate limit. Now, I'm stuck at my Senior year with no Bachelor's degree, and a mountain of student loans to pay back. It's absolutely ridiculous that Strayer does this to people.

• Ec
    ecooper35 Jan 03, 2011

We are researching this industry and we are hoping you might contact us.

e-mail: mikecooper54 (at)gmail.com
    Subject: 8465178

Thank you.

• Cc
    ccupp Nov 25, 2010

For the above: first of all, it's "aggregate" limit. And, nslds is the "bible" with regard to fin aid. So, it IS accurate. If you've managed to hit your aggregate, then you probably ought to look in the mirror first - before you blame everyone else.

• Ha
    harold thomas Nov 24, 2010

Happy to know that the Complaint Board exist...was a former Strayer University student. Attended the Philadelphia, Pa campus located at1600 Cherry Street. Got expelled for unfounded rape allegations by Ms. Cheron McNeil, student who received a settlement from the university. But, the university failed to allow a fair hearing.

Strayer University's Board of Trustees breached their fiduciary responsibilities by failure to properly administer my student.

My name is Harold Thomas...I am a victim of Strayer University [protected]

• Ec
    ecooper35 Nov 22, 2010

We are researching this industry and we are hoping you might contact us.

e-mail: ecooper (at) nyms.net