Straight Talkphone drops incoming calls

About 4 months ago I went from Tracfone to Straight Talk, which is the same company. I purchased the LG 290CM phone, which has buttons on the sides and I'm forever accidently pushing them when I get the phone out of the case, which sux. My major problem is that 99% of incoming calls disconnect after about 30 seconds. I've called numerous times to downtown Calcutta or where ever it is after long periods of time on hold and than there's the language barrier. I can never get a direct answer if my problem is the provider or the phone. He/She always "reprograms" my phone which doesn't work. I was asked to note what providers the disconnected callers use, and ironically my two major callers are with Verizon, and its my understanding Straight Talk uses Verizon towers. Apparently there isn't anyway to contact Straight Talk except through the Mid East. I even contacted LG, which suggested I contact the provider. I can place the call and talk all day and I've started ignoring the received calls and I call them back. Which sux the most; phone, service provider, or customer service?

• Be
    Beverly May 19, 2011

I just filed an FCC complaint. I suggest that everyone does the same. Please reference this number in your complaint to the FCC. 11-C00304818. Call and complaint to the president: F Pollak [protected]

• Za
    Zarro Aug 31, 2010

Yes, I am a relatively new user (about two months), having ported my number from Verizon. I seem to have the same issue and after reading the complaints would agree that it's all/mostly on incoming calls and it is often about 30 seconds into the call. Very annoying. I've had more dropped calls in two months now than I did the whole three or four years on Verizon. It's not a signal strength issue, since we're on the same network.

Next stop: find out how good their customer service is. They did pretty well when I asked them to turn off the automatic announcement of minutes left on new calls, so I hope they can answer this one, as well...

• Gr
    Group999 Apr 03, 2010

Straight talk sucks.

We are initiating a mass-action against them.

We got thousands of complaints saying that Straight Talk does not allow incoming calls from most of the providers.

• Mo
    Modify Mar 30, 2010

I have the same problem with Straight Talk, with incoming calls. It doesn't matter the location or what. It's not 99% I would say 70% of my incoming calls and it always disconnects if it's going to within under a minute. Calls to customer support with the language barrier as you said is almost a joke. They gave me a new phone, reprogrammed and same thing since October 2009.