Sterling Optical Logo

Sterling Optical

Having problems with Sterling Optical?

Sterling Optical reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 19, 2008. The latest review Lenses are not what I ordered was posted on May 19, 2021. The latest complaint awful experience - poor quality - no refund policy was resolved on Jun 21, 2011. Sterling Optical has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 14 reviews. Sterling Optical has resolved 3 complaints.

Sterling Optical Customer Service Contacts

520 Eighth Avenue, 23rd Floor
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sterling Optical Customer Service. Initial Sterling Optical complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sterling Optical above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sterling Optical. Discuss the issues you have had with Sterling Optical and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sterling Optical Complaints & Reviews

Sterling OpticalLenses are not what I ordered

I spoke to Kristina on 4/26/21 - Account 38947 and explained to her what i needed. I was asking for crizal and transition xtractive. She went over the prices with me and she explained that my lenses was and for the crizal and xtractive was going to be 280. I asked her if the lenses were going to be thin because of my perspcription. She stated that it the lenses were going to be thin. I even expressed the transitional lenses are going to be dark and she once again agreed. I had my new frames from Warby Parker so i didn't need frames. I paid for the lenses and I got a recipet that i paid. When I was called to pick them up they looked fine and felt heavy. I put them on and walked out the store and it was a sunny day. The lenses were not turning dark like they are suppose to since they are suppose to be Xtractive. I got home still testing the lenses out and i expressed to my husband that they are not right. They only got 10 percent dark. I went back to the store the same day because they stated that the lenses needed to be activated. I noticed that they gave me plastic lenses instead of the thin ploy lenses. At this moment the manager came up to help us since we were having issues with the lenses. He stated that i would have to pay 100 more for thinner lenses and that the Xtractive needs a higher temp and sun to get dark. That's a lie because I spoke to the Transition company and they said Xtractive lenses should already have a 10 percent tint and when the sun hits them they should turn into sunglass dark. The manager kept saying that it needs time to activate. I left my glasses there since they were ordering the right thin lens. At this point I asked him for a printed out detail reciept and I expressed to him why my recpecit says transitions signature gray- i said its suppose to say Transitions Xtractive- The manager stated that their computer system only has that option for transitions but I did get Transitions Xtractive. Once my new thin poly lenses came in i got the call and I picked them up. I spoke to the Manager again and once again I said this lenses are going to get dark right and he said you need to give it time to activate. Well its been about 2 weeks and its been very sunny and they do not get dark at all. They only get like a 20 percent of darkness. I was lied to at this location and they are stealing people money by not giving the customer the product they pay for.

Lenses are not what I ordered
Lenses are not what I ordered

Aug 05, 2019

Sterling Optical — glasses replaced

I went to get my glasses fixed at the camp hill pa store. They told me they were not broken without even...

Aug 01, 2019

Sterling Optical — services

Me and my son went in to make an appointment on 8-1-19. They were able to see us at that moment but not with...

Sterling Opticalcomplaint

I went to the transit road store in buffalo new york. They fixed my old glasses for me no problem, gave me an appointment no problem. They and I have the name of the person who said some things to me which were considered a violation of hippa.
    I also got a voice message from this same person with the exact words used as in our conversation which was against hippa.

You need to train your staff better. I know I won't get anyplace with you about this but it was very embarrassing to me.

I voiced what was wrong at the time of picking up my order. They all looked confused. Guess they felt nothing was wrong. I have been in customer service for most of my life. I know how to talk to a person and how to make them feel like they want to come back.

You may contact me.

Sterling Opticalprescription sunglasses/customer service

I was provided the worst service I have ever had at sterling optical at the Eau Claire, WI location on commonwealth drive. I was told upon order my sunglasses (which took over an hour just to finish the order in the computer) that my glasses would be there within a week. I ordered my glasses on approximately April 11th. Upon follow up the next week I was told by two different people there that they would arrive at the end of the week. Thursday of that week my husband was told there was something wrong at the lab with the lenses and the manager would follow up with me the next morning. I called in that Friday afternoon as I hadn't received a call and they called the lab only then to see what was happening and told me it was the frames they were waiting on and that they couldn't rush the postal service. We went on our vacation and received no calls while we were gone. Upon returning home we stopped back in for them to correct my husband's sunglasses they did and I asked if my glasses were in and they said no and this was approximately April 29th. By this time I am beyond frustrated and was told I would receive a call personally from a girl named Rebecca the next day, I never received a call. I called in on Wednesday to talk to the manager and received a call from someone that may have been a supervisor maybe or just a worker there and she told me they were in, I went in to try them on the lenses were ridiculously thick and my prescription isn't that bad and on top of that the prescription was wrong I couldn't even see out of them. I told them I wasn't taking them for the $300.00 I paid for them and wanted to talk to the manager to get it fixed. I then received a call from a Rebecca stating I could get new frames that were thicker or they could try again and that the prescription was correct because she was the one that entered it. I told them I didn't want to wait another three weeks as this whole thing had been ridiculous and the only thing they would do was provide me a discount on my next visit. My glasses finally came in a week later and granted they were correct this time they just gave me them and I left. This entire time I asked to speak with the manager and never heard from them and wasn't provided anything from them other than a verbal you will get a discount next time and basically a better luck next time when I spent $300.00 on these glasses. I won't be back to even get a discount if their verbal discount were to even hold. I am beyond infuriated as to how I was treated during this month long ordeal. The customer service I received from Rebecca who loves my order and said she knew nothing about this until the very end when she resubmitted my lenses which wasn't true is ridiculous. I can be contacted via email if needed at [protected]@gmail.com

Sterling Optical — unable to provide service for hearing impaired customers.

I'm replying on behalf of the services provided to my sister who is hearing impaired. She had services at the...

Sterling Optical — glasses/lenses

I purchased new glasses september 2016. On the lenses i got the transition bifocal, tint, glare resistant. I...

Sterling Opticalthere is no email address or phone number to directly reach sterling optical...

I am trying to reach THEM to discuss my problems with their corporate office before stating multiple issues online to "everyone else".
        Before I post my letter of complaint on this site, I would like the people at fault to see what they have done wrong but there is no way to each them (Corporate Office).
        The insurance company is trying to intercede on my part.
        Obviously, I have problems with their policies, stores, and service... will follow.

Sterling Optical — customer service

I was in asked when my daughter exam is up they told me April29 my daughters glasses broke in Jan2016 they...

Sterling Opticalthis man is unprofessional, I believe he is a crook, he is completely unreasonable and a bully

I brought my two sons for eye exams, contacts and glasses. The eye Dr. was very nice and professional. I paid for all of my services at the first appointment. A mistake. The Dr. explained the new prescriptions to me. I told the clerk I was going to go through1 800 contacts to order my contacts. She then said the store would match the price and so I said okay. I paid for all of this over... $700 . At home I realized one son was now given a prescription much below what a previous Dr. had done and that he had been wearing for two years. I also discovered my other son whose prescription did not change had plenty of contacts at home in his correct prescription. I immediately called Sterling and said I wanted to cancel my contact order and that I wanted to speak to the Dr. because of the discrepancy with son #1 prescriptions. They assured me nothing would be processed until the boys had their follow up appointment. I then went directly to the store on that day to in person explain my concerns and my desire to cancel the contact order. Again I was reassured that I could talk with the Dr. on Sat. their fitting appointment. I then see that my check has been sent through. I call the store and reiterate my concerns and my desire to not order contacts at this juncture. I am given the manager's name and told to call Saturday morning. In the morning I call, the manager is in but I am asked to speak to someone else. I nicely explain my concerns and am told there will be no refund. I ask to speak to the manager. Eventually John does speak to/at me. He does not listen and instead believes he knows exactly what my concerns are. He accuses me of putting my son's eyes at risk, he tells me I am not allowed in his store for my follow up appointment(already paid for), AND THEN HE HANGS UP ON ME. I go immediately to the store. He is argumentative and rude and again refuses to refund my money and is still stating I am not allowed to return with my sons. I finally move to the back of the store and state that I intend to wait and speak to the Dr. directly about my concern's with son#1 prescription. She was very kind and spoke with me about my concerns. Ultimately my son's prescriptions were held hostage. John stated he refused to have the Dr. give me the prescriptions because my sons were not going to follow directions and were going to use old contacts before purchasing the new ones. I did relent as I did not want to waste my money. I find it ironic, Big John lost a customer, a family with 4 contact and glasses wearers, to gain whatever kickback they get from having folks order contacts in the store. This man is unprofessional, I believe he is a crook, he is completely unreasonable and a bully. Do not seek services from this store.

Sterling Optical — awful experience - poor quality - no refund policy

In February 2011, my wife visited Sterling Optical in Jefferson Valley Mall – Yorktown Heights, NY. She...

Sterling Optical — bad lenses

i purchased new glasses in march of '09. there were a few problems and all were corrected-all but...

Sterling Optical — no refund policy

I walked into the store on Friday 4/3/09, and purchased a pair of custom lenses and frames at 12 noon. I wa...

Sterling Optical, Bethesda Maryland — horrible manners

I have been a patient at Sterling Optical for approximately 5 months, and have never experienced such a...