Stearns & FosterLux Estate Lucille

Bought brand new Stearns & Foster Lux Estate Lucille- Plush Euro Pillow Top mattress, paid $3300, and it is rock hard, like laying on a cement block. Have been in severe back pain since first sleeping on it. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ASLEY'S. ONCE BOUGHT YOU CANNOT RETURN and absolutely nothing has been done to date. STEARNS & FOSTER need to take a good look at the springs in their bed. Nothing could make a bed that hard. Nothing. And it has to be thrown away.

• Bo
    BOB4521 Aug 14, 2012

WHAT A JOKE!! DUMBASS! THIS BED IS THE BEST OUT THERE. YOU SADLY PICKED THE WRONG STYLE FOR YOU, NOW BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR YOUR PROBLEMS, IF DEFECT S&F WILL WARRANTY- BUT NOT FOR STUPIDITY-ASHLEY HAS A 60 NIGHT SLEEP GUARANTEE WHICH YOU CAN RE SELECT. KNOWING YOUR DUMB ### YOU PROBABLY DIDNT PUT A MATTRESS PROTECTOR ON IT AND NOW YOUR DNA, STAINS, ETC ALL OVER MATTRESS THUS VOIDING THE WARRANTY. iF CASMERE, SILKED LINED COVER, DUEL INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED COILS, AND BOTH HIGH END LATE AND MEMORY FOAM ARENT FOR YOU THEN MAYBE NEXT TIME TRY A BUNKBED MATT FOR $99.

• Se
    Sergio M. Dec 29, 2012

Your complaint is more based on the firmness of the mattress rather than the quality of craftsmanship and quality of materials. It is very rare if not nearly impossible to poorly manufacture a spring once the design is in place. How many people do you know that have returned a car to the dealer complaining of the ride quality of the car due to faulty springs? I believe your issue could have been avoided simply be trying out the mattress at the store for more than a few seconds.

Maudie Bongiovanni Apr 07, 2013

I also bought a Stearns and Foster Lucille mattress form Ashley furniture. Within two weeks the matress started to sag. When I called
    the store regarding the waranty, I was told they would only take it back if I paid an extra 20% which would have bee at least $500.00.
    I also called Stearns and Foster and was told that the mattress would have to sag ond and onehalf inches for the waramty to be honored. This seemed a lot for a two-week old mattress. They also displayed the mattress on the floor so you would not be aware of
    how tall it was until you put it on a frame. I had to buy a step stool in order to get into bed.
    My bedskirt is too short, my coverlet is too short and it is difficult to find sheets to fit. It is impossible to find ready made bedding to fit
    this mattress.
    I am stuck with a mattress I hate that cost me $2300.00 for that is very unconfortable. I will never buy another thing from Asley
    furniture . I guess I, m better off than the person who paid $3300.00

• Tw
    Twojbutlers827 May 22, 2013

We loved this mattress~at first. The king-size unit was delivered on Sept 29th, 2012 and was like sleeping on a comfortable cloud, which was sincerely appreciated given I was 9 months pregnant when my husband and I started sleeping on it.
    Within months, however, the mattress began to sag. Having had Sealy mattresses in the past, we were quite surprised and turning the mattress every 60 days only seemed to make the sags occur in more places and become worse.
    I contacted Ashley Furniture who referred me to customer care. Service came out and deemed the mattress to have more than the 1.5" required sag for warranty coverage (was just a smidge over 1.75" in some areas). The tech took photos and placed the order for a replacement mattress. We figured it was a fluke so ordered the same Lucille model.
    Service was out on April 12th, 2013. As of today May 22nd there is still no replacement and Ashley Furniture has had a difficult time obtaining information from their Sealey reps.
    I am now holding Ashley Furniture responsible as a few days ago, I learned that their service department didn't even place the replacement order until May 1st.
    I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. Frustrated and concerned with the lack of quality/customer care by Sealey regarding this costly mattress and with Ashley Furniture for severely dropping the ball and standing behind the product they sold us.

• Je
    Jerald Horner Jun 10, 2014

The mattress sags...It is like crawling out of a hole when I get out of the bed. My wife sinks into me. It is almost like a water bed where the heavier person creates an indention that the smaller person falls into. This mattress kills my back and we had to replace with another mattress.

• Mo
    Monica Vanhorne Aug 09, 2014

I bought a king size stern& foster mattress from raymour &flanigan in 2010 for the first 4 years it was comfortable now my mattress start sinking I call raymour &flanigan I was told that they are unable to change my mattress because it need to be 1.5" sag is required before changing my bedding they came two times I am very unhappy after spending so much money for my comfort. I am taking my complaint as far as I can go. I am very with customer service from raymour&flaigan.

• Valerie Aug 12, 2016

Stearns & Foster refuses to return any form of communications with it's consumers. I have been trying through email addresses, Phone numbers posted by the company on their web site for customer service, been tol that they are having technical difficulties and will return my calls. THEY DO NOT RETURN THE CALLS. and ALL emails are forwarded back to me.

Just how do you reach a company that falsifies all forms of communication when there is a problem?

NEVER, NEVER, spend this kind of money before doing your homework on what kind of company you are investing in. And for the store of purchase ...if they already have this knowledge of this cimpany and continue to sell thier products, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS. IHEY ARE JUST AS FAULT AS THE MANUFACTURER IS.