Stearns & Foster King MattressIndentation in mattress - 2 times!

B

We purchased the "top of the line" mattress in November 2004 for right under 3K from Mattress Warehouse - a Stearns & Foster King Set, ultra plush Euro pillow top. Within a few months it had developed a HUGE indentation in the middle that we would fall in to. We followed the waranty procedure and it was replaced finally in July 2006. The new mattress was the "Grant PArk" model - a latex mattress costing around 5K (per salesman). Within a few months this mattress, too, has started having a huge hole in the middle that you have to pull yourself out of. My husband and I are average size adults and we were out of state for over 3 months last year and didn't even use it. 3 months ago we started the warranty replacement process again. Mattress Warehouse has been impossible to deal with so we contacted Stearns and Foster. They were worse - no customer service at all. After filing a complaint with the BBB and continuing to pursue this we just received approval for a replacement mattress last week. Mattress Warehouse has advised to look in to another brand - HOWEVER - insisting that Stearns & Foster is the best and they rarely have problems with them. I wish there was a consolidated place where we could list our experiences so people looking at mattresses in the future could learn from what we have gone through. S & F makes low quality mattresses at high prices.

• Tl
    tlh08 May 30, 2016

Year and a half old and our king size S&F has two huge indentatations. You roll into the holes every night. Mattress Firm was our retailer. Absolutely regret not keeping our old mattress, it was 12 years old and still better than this year and half old wavy mattress.
    We are gonna have to buy a new mattress if was want our backs to stop hurting and want to get a good nights sleep.

• Ev
    Eva M. Mar 10, 2016

Its the same in Canada, too, folks. We bought a top-of-the-line Sterns & Foster mattress from The Brick. Within 6 months, the foam in one corner felt as though it was breaking down or almost crumbling apart. Out came the technician. (Let me pause here to ask, "technician"? Give me a break!) We were told that it was normal breaking-in. Complaint rejected. At 15 months, a giant crater had formed on my husband's side. He's 225 lbs. BUT I'M 120 LBS SOAKING WET AND I HAVE MY OWN CRATER!! In addition, the top layer of fabric on the mattress has come away from the surface and bunches up nightly into a 3 inch high version of the Rocky Mountains straight across the middle of the bed. When the chiropractor bills started to add up, and the people who sold us the bed in the first place saw the pictures and said, "You should apply for a refund", I insisted we buy a Tempur-Pedic and we put the Sterns & Foster in the garage. Good riddance! Out came the "technician" again. He yanked the top layer down, told us that was normal (on what planet???), and measured the sag (with alligator clips and a piece of sting! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) at 1 1/4 inch. Complaint rejected. I'm reporting S&F to the Canadian BBB. These guys are not only crooks, but their mattress "science" is laughable!

Debra Anne Ingram Jul 02, 2015

I completely agree with all of these comments! I too purchased the firmest Stearns and Foster mattress from the so called Bedding Experts for $2, 500 last year. Within a month, it was like sleeping in a canoe. The sagging is unbelievable. We are not big people and would not expect this from such an expensive set. My first mistake was going to The Bedding Experts, secondly buying a Stearns and Foster. WARRANTY, WHAT WARRANTY? I have been told that I would have to pay $59.00 just to have it inspected. With the amount of complaints about these mattresses, WE SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED A DIME MORE!!! I wake up each morning with an aching back. I have taken some attached pictures to show the sagging. I rotate at least every two months to get a day or two relief. A CLASS action lawsuit needs to be filed against this company. I would be the first in line if there were. I have already told my friends who have been looking for a new mattress set NOT TO BUY A STEARNS AND FOSTER. I HATE IT!!!

Debra Ingram
    LaPorte Indiana

• Ka
    Karl J Jun 20, 2014

I will say that S&F did send out there inspector and measured and checked all the tags to make sure everything was in order.
    After the inspector looked at the bed an said our mattress was the worst he has ever seen and took his measuring device (which he had was neat tool) it measured 2.5 inches
    and sent his report to the company and they called me an told me to go to local store an tell them that we are here to try out there new line of Mattresses an pick one out and call them and if there where a price difference if it where more expensive we would pay the extra amount, which seemed fair to us, or they would send one out that was like what we had the first time, , anyway we ended up picking out one of there WilliamStad (Ultra Firm) Mattress which is firmer than we had but what a great Mattress it is so far, it cost a $164.00 dollars to have it delivered to us and the company put the mattress in place and where very nice people !
    It did take a few weeks to get claim taken care of but it was worth the wait..
    We have also found out that S&F was bought out by Tempur- Pedic ...
    K&M Janulewicz
    Redding Ca.

• Jb
    Jblee60 Jun 20, 2014

I was just getting ready to buy a new matteress and was going to get the S&f friendfield now after reading these reviews I am thinking I shouldnt. my sister bought a king darlington 7 years ago and they just love it and no issues. they would never buy another brAND they ove it so much. sounds like they got lucky!

• Ka
    Karl J Mar 31, 2014

I bought a S&F Cal King and Have the same issues, (Sinking into bed)
    S&F was contacted by us and Had us measure, take pictures and name them and send to them, now they want to send inspector out to look at it after they had me tear the bed down and take pictures and re assemble it, why did they waste my time?
    I think all the people need to get together an get an attorney that will file a Class action law suite against the company, we may not win but we may keep other people from
    buying very expensive JUNK!!!
    I went to the company I bought the mattress from and they no
    longer carry there products because of the warranty issues are not taken care of
    They told me good luck with S & F>>>
    That's my complaint
    Karl J

• Li
    Linda's Recommendation Jan 30, 2014

We bought an expensive pillow-top mattress. Thornwood Luxury Firm, Stearn and Foster. We were given a 10 year warranty. It has a deep trench in the middle of the bed. We were required to pay an independent inspector to come out and measure the sag in the bed if we wanted to send in a warranty claim. We did. The inspector tests the bed without an weight on it. It measured 7/8" depression. It needed to measure 1 1/2". When you put weight on the bed in the middle it sinks 6" or more. We didn't get any satisfaction from Ortho who we bought the bed from, nor Stearns and Foster. Don't buy one. It is a waste of money. You'd be better off sleeping on the floor.

• Mj
    MJW2 Jan 09, 2014

I bought a king size Stearns and Foster Fiona 2 years ago. This mattress is garbage and is highly defective. Stearns and Foster will not honor their warranty at all. I am hiring a lawyer and will be contacting the attorney general in my state. I am also contacting the better business bureau. This is deceptive trade. Poor quality sold at a premium price. The warranty is a pack of lies. No customer satisfaction at all. This company should be put out of business.

• Vs
    vsbright Jan 03, 2014

This is our third Sterns and Foster mattress we have had to return in less than 3 years, same issue with all 3, sagging and a big hump in the middle, now our replacement feels like we are sleeping on a rock, the mattress is shorter than our last one, so now it is down in a hole, on a low profile box spring, which they say they can not replace without a charge because it is over a year old, they ran the delivery truck off in my yard, and scratched my new hardwood floor dragging mattress across, said we waiting too long to file a report, ( 3 days ) WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER ! I am contacting the BBB and our local T.V. station! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! :(

• Gr
    Grams96 Dec 13, 2013

I bought my first Stearns & Foster w/pillow tops on both sides in 1976. I absolutely loved it and it lasted about 17 years (and 3 moves..1 cross country). I bought another in 1993 also with a pillow top on both sides after much searching for the right fabric for the cover. I've spent the last two years looking for a replacement with no luck. What has happened to Stearns & Foster? The styles are awful, the fabric is weird and what's with the button indentations? Surely with all the complaints about this product someone in the company would have enough sense to go back to producing the old models Stearns & Foster had the reputation of having superior quality. Now, it is a shoddy product and is losing faithful customers. I won't be buying another until they look and feel like the two I loved. .

Jaye Harris Oct 27, 2013

Two and a half years ago we purchased a Stearns and Foster mattress, we bought the top of the line thinking it would last us the rest of our lives. The mattress is bulging out the side and sagging in the middle. We purchased it through American Furniture, so we called them and they gave us the same answer as most of you all got! It wasn't sagging enough and never addressed the bulging side. I think this is a terrible way to treat customers and it doesn't say much for their integrity! I will never purchase another thing from Stearns and Foster nor from American Furniture and I wont be shy about spreading the word about what a terrible product this is and terrible customer service! JOIN ME?

• Ra
    Randy Jefferies May 07, 2013

We have owned a $2, 600 king size Stearns & Forester for less than three years. Severe body indentations and sagging are irregularly located and occur within two years. The pillow top masks them when measured and in any event the warranty does not cover them. Neither of us are overweight and our last mattress lasted for ten years. We now are in the process of replacing this Sealy brand of mattress and will never buy or recommend Stearns or Sealy to anyone.

• Pr
    Primobabe Apr 18, 2013

I'm shocked to read all these scathing comments. My husband and I purchased a Stearns & Foster queen-sized bed, and we're delighted with it. We've had it for a little over a year, and it still feels brand-new -- no sagging, bulging, or other problems. Most of the negative comments seem to be from people who've owned their S&F's for 2-5 years. I'm now wondering whether we'll be very disappointed by this time next year?

Maryland c Feb 26, 2013

I usually do my research and I am so made at myself. I haven't had the the bed a week and I'm sinking and in so much pain. I can't sleep either. I can't get anyone on the phone at Value City Furniture so I'm going in on Friday. I also filed a formal complaint with BBB just in case they don't want to honor their 120 best sleep guarantee. I will Never buy S&F again!!

• Ze
    Zeekmeister Jan 09, 2013

I to have purchased a lovely Sterns and Foster Blisswood Luxury Bed. It is less than a year old and a total piece of crap. I called Bay Area Mattress here in Coos Bay, Oregon to report the mattress I bought from Brian Latraim is a complete mess. It sags. Where I lay down it digs into my sides and back. Brian, their salesman told me for the first 10 years the mattress is fully under warranty for any reason. That is a lie. Imagine that a salesman that lies! A lie that S & F confirmed when I called them. Also any type of stain save for a boot print voids the warranty. That's right. You spill anything on your bed and it can have springs coming out the top and they will void that warranty. I have to say the lady I spoke to at S & F aka Sealy, was very nice. She really did try to help me, but the sag needs to be 2 inches or more before they even bother to accept the submitted warranty claim that they will then deny for more reasons than you can count. I find the whole thing just incredible that the company satisfaction rate is less than 4% and they are losing money hand and fist over the making of these beds, but still refuse to make customers happy. I have an idea. MAKE A BETTER BED. Just saying. Back in the day, as my dad use to say, they made better mattresses. The first mattress I bought lasted 17 years. God I really miss that mattress.

Point is for all the people considering buying a Strerns and Foster or a Sealy Mattress. DONT DO IT. Save yourself the trouble and invest in a cheap mattress. One that you will be ok with throwing away after a year and then buy another cheap mattress.

As for Sealy. Eventually you will go out of business because people will stop buying your product. I am creating a Facebook page and will have so many dislikes that you will wonder why you just didn't replace my mattress. I'm not a vidictive person, I just don't have money to burn. I scrimped and saved for that mattress as a gift for working so damn hard. Shame on you Sealy for making such a crap product.

• Na
    NancyW May 30, 2012

This is wild. I too wish I had read this information. We have indentions where we lay in our SF king mattress...a firm . Paid 2000.00 for it at Ashley Furniture. We originally bought a sealy memory foam and the indentions started on that and so they took it back and thats when we got the SF one. Ashly's was very helpful. Now I think I have to work with Stearns and Foster ? We have had this bed approx. 1 -1/2 years.
    This is alot of money to spend on something that does not live up to it's expectations.

• Be
    Belomor May 03, 2012

Why did not I find it before/! I got my $3K+ Stearns & Foster Lux Estate Jeraldine II Firm Euro Pillowtop only THREE WEEKS AGO! And guess what...?! I am already sinking on my right side of our king size mattress! Just filed a complaint with Stearns & Foster tonight, and then started looking... Turns out I just bought myself a big problem... Going to the sore tomorrow first thing!

• Di
    diana tait Mar 13, 2012

I have the exact same complaint. My stern and foster mattress started sagging within a few weeks of use.This mattress was an upgrade from my old mattress which was under warranty. so the new mattress had the remainder of the warranty about 8 months left.So I complained to s&f about the impression.They said it was only an inch and half and wasn't deep enough.Within a month the sag got deeper.The foam or pillowtop bunches in the center and makes sleeping impossible. waking up with aches and pains every day.so I called S&F again. they agree to exchange it but I had to pay cost & shipping.which I payed already.I thought that was unfair and complain for a better deal or agreement. While waiting for an answer the warranty expired. they did not honor the warranty.They said I should of took the first offer when offered. Maybe we should all get together and start a Class Action suits for selling defective products.

Deb3344 Feb 26, 2012

Same issues here. Exact same complaints. Didn't even think to look about this, I thought it was just me. Not until I went mattress shopping did I learn of this! Shame on S&F. Put a board across the mattress measure the distance into the hole, more than an 1.5 inches is considered defective! VERY DISAPPOINTED!

• Ve
    Very disappointed oc Dec 03, 2011

So now still in 2011 and we are experiencing the same. Just a shame - we just got our letter of bull!

Joe in Texas Sep 09, 2011

I have the same complaints about my sagging S&F mattress. To JS4, if you have the option, trade-in your newish S&F at the store now taking the 10-20% deduction. Buying mattresses seems hit or miss. I chose to buy an inexpensive "firm" mattress and also bought a removeable soft memory foam mattress top. That way when the foam fails, as they all do, I can simply replace the $300 top and not replace the $2000 mattress. Good luck.

• Js
    js4 Sep 08, 2011

On my Second king S&F ultra firm in 6 months. The first one was getting body impressions within a week with me at 140lbs and my wife at 110lbs. We got S&F to replace it. It's been 6 weeks with the new one and what felt so good the first few days is quickly turning into sore backs and lack of sleep. I wish I had seen this site sooner. I don't know what to buy next but I've had enough. The store claims they rarely have a complaint but I just can't see how. I was told to turn the mattress around and let it break in for a year. With the body impressions developing so quickly its hard to see how this will last a year. These are not the mattresses we had 10 years ago for sure.

• Cb
    cbv123 Jul 12, 2011

Do you NEED to hear one more complaint against S&F? I purchased my bed 2 years ago. The first bed that was delivered left me feeling like I was sleeping in a hole. Ortho did replace it immediately and I wish I had purchased another brand; instead I spent more money and bought I Thornwood, over $2500. It took a couple of weeks, I'm only 135 lbs., but I was back in a hole. Called the bed inspector, as Ortho refused to honor their guarantee, the bed police said he couldn't find anything wrong but wouldn't measure the gaping holes created with a 20 lb. weights on the bed. Save yourself aggravation, time, money and sleep lost, DO NOT BUY STERNS AND FOSTER!

• Well, I guess it’s my turn for the run around. I just filed a request for a warranty replacement online, I can see that they must have a lot of problems by the length of the online form, It would take a customer service rep 15 to 20 min to complete a phoned in request so for the people who don’t want to waste time on the phone I would fill out the online form. Here’s the link www.sealy.com/Customer-Service/Mattress-Waranty.aspx

I bought my S&F in June of 2004 and have followed the Mfg’s recommendations of rotating the mattress every 4 to 6 months. The mattress is a pillow top that can only be turned (not flipped over) I now have impressions on both ends that are over 3" deep. My wife complains that her legs & feet seem to be hovering over a hole (my body impression is at her feet). By the way I am 5’11” and weight a whopping 185lbs.

When I was in the processes of purchasing this mattress I was told that two sided mattresses are a thing of the past and the one sided pillow tops are the way to go. I was still a little skeptical about that but I went with it anyways (my dumb mistake). Well, I still see a lot of two sided mattresses on the market so I guess the salesman BS'ed me because I would have never went with a mattress that could not be flipped.

I will keep you informed on how S&F stands behind their warranty……….TO BE CONTINUED……………….

• Et
    EthicicalEddie Jul 10, 2011

I bought a Stearns & Foster in 1980 and it lasted a long time. Replaced it with a Sealy than sagged after three months, but since it was from Costco, took it back and got a refund. Then shopped around and ended up at Macy's with a new S&F. It was so comfortable in the beginning, then now, in 4 years started to sag, and getting worse. Have backpain. I am a single guy, only 155 lbs. The mattress is type that need not be turned over. I measured it with a leveler, and it is 1 inch depression with no weight on the bed. When I am in the bed, the depression is worse. How do they measure, weighted or unweighted. Based upon complaints here, I am wondering if the warranty will be honored, and I am sure to be jerked around. All I can say is, class action suit and other massive publicity would be the only things that would work against S&F. Their premium price and past reputation are no longer warranted. This company deserves to be punished and put out of business if they don't take care of their customers. The best thing we can do is spread the word to everyone we know--don't buy Stearns & Foster--boycott--put them out of business, plus sue them in class action--we have nothing to lose if they go out of business because they won't honor their warranty anyway. We have already lost by buying Stearns & Foster. At least we can prevent them from duping other potential customers. What do you say? Let's do it. United we stand, and divided we fall--and they count on customers being divided, and jerked around individually. So only if we united can we win.

• Du
    Duped in PA Jun 14, 2011

I just purchased a S&F mattress from Sleepys last Nov and the stitching is coming out on the top sides. The Sleepys inspector came out and was not interested in looking at the damage he was more interested in looking at the box spring and the frame...trying to find a reason to not honor the warranty. It is clearly a matter of faulty stitching and not anything to do with the box spring and bed frame. He advised me that Sleepys would be in contact with me. I heard nothing. When I called them, the lady first informed me that my frame was faulty and they will not cover the warranty. I told her that the Sleepys salesman checked it out and said it was fine at the time of purchase. Then she changed her story and said that the stitching had nothing to do with the performance of the mattress and therefore is not covered under the warranty. I tried calling S&F and could not get through. They have an option to press 1 and request a call back but when I did that the line went blank then they put me back on hold. I am going to call my salesman, write to the CEO and to the BBB. Maybe that will get someone's attention.

dekaja Jun 13, 2011

I totally agree about the SF mattresses being lower quality than other mattresses. I've been sleeping on this SF mattress for 9 months and it is not getting any more comfy AT ALL. It puts parts of my body to sleep, and when I wake up (if I get to sleep that is) I can hardly walk when I get out of this bed. I am miserable, and not sleeping enough. My husband has similar issues, but more back aching than mine. I've called Slumberland, where we bought it and of course am getting the run around. I will call SF once Slumberland tells me there is nothing they can do. I don't plan to give up, we don't like to throw this kind of money away.
    This last weekend I went to my daughters bridal shower/bachelorette party and stayed in a hotel. It dawned on my just how uncomfortable this bed is. I awoke after sleeping through the night for the first time since we bought this bed, I had nothing sore, I could walk fine and didn't feel like I needed to go to the doctor.
    The salesman we bought this mattress from gave us a 'firm' mattress when we wanted a soft one, not to mention that we wanted a specific bedroom set and he told us that the SF was the only mattress that would fit that set. We originally were going to buy a Serta Perfectsleeper, which is what we had before this nightmare SF mattress. I guess you can't trust anyone these days.

• Sh
    Shiara Leon-Pfeiffer Jun 06, 2011

I recently had a back surgery so me and my husband were willing to invest in a good mattress. The sales person reccomended us the S&F Fiona, which cost more than 2K. When I told the sales person I needed a mattress that was not that firm but not so soft either, he told me the middle firm version of the S&F was the "PLUSH", and it would never get softer because of its amazing quality.
    It turns out now me and my husband can not sleep because we sink in the mattress, and our back are so sored in the morning it drains all of our energy before we go to work.

The reailer, MATTRESS FIRM, did all the promises for quality and warranty, but we went to the 94 days which was when we exhausted all the options to be able to sleep in the mattress, and they told of the store warranty had expired, and sterns and foster say they cannt provide warranty unless we leave "body impressions" of more than 1 1/2 inch. UNBELEIVABLE!!! I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER RECOMMEND ANYBODY BUYING FROM MATTRESS FIRM OR BUYING A STERNS & FOSTER MATTRESS. We pretty much threw our money in the garbage. We feel very frustrated and robbed! I hope it doesnt happen to you too :(

• sleepoutfitters May 26, 2011

Gail Swiatek: I have just reviewed your comment and have sent a message. Please let us know how we can assist with your Sterns & Foster.

Thank you!

Sleep Outfitters

• Ga
    Gail Swiatek May 26, 2011

We are on our 4th Stearns and Foster "replacement mattress". We had a 10 year warranty on the first one and they have replaced it every few years. Now that our 10 year warranty is over, I am afraid we are now out of luck. The last replacement we received is now starting to sag also.

• sleepoutfitters Mar 02, 2011

We have seen several complaints for Sterns & Foster products through this thread and want to help if you are purchasing from or having problems from Mattress Warehouse or Sleep Outfitters. If you contact us directly via e-mail for the Sleep Outfitters account on Complaints Board, we will be able to review your case, direct your concern to the proper store or marketing manager, and provide with Kim Knopf to resolve your issue. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any issue!

• Ms
    mshold123 Feb 09, 2011

I have a Sterns and Foster I purchased from Macy's in 2007 along with a mattress pad cover that wasn't suppose to let leaks/sweat through(but didn't do as guaranteed, $150) they replaced the mattress once I complained within the 30 day, now I've had the thing since 2007 and it has a big dent in it, I am going to attempt to get them to do something, but I am not optimistic, I bought it on sale for more than $2K, what a waste of money. When I was in College in the mid 70's I purchased an old bedroom suit and it had a Sterns and Foster mattress on it(the previous owner didn't have it long an it was covered, but in almost brand new condition) I loved it and swore when I was financially able that would be the dream mattress purchase--- this is a nightmare.

Mattress and More Jan 26, 2011

Service has been terrible with Mattress and More in Louisville KY, I have had this bed for 14 months and its a Strearns and Foster $2900 King size and has sunk in on both sides, I was told that you could not buy the mattress seperate from box springs because it will void warranty, now that the mattress has defects they only want to replace mattress or give me a $2200 credit to purchase a NEW mattress, oh yeah they want to charge a additional $40 for delivery on a replacement ! PLEASE dont buy from Mattress and More in the Kentucky area or Furniture Liquidators which is same company ! I am on hold with Stearns and Foster and have been for 20 minutes and still holding!!!

• Zz
    ZZZZless Jan 17, 2011

When my husband and I got married two and a half years ago he had an almost brand new Stearns & Foster Silver Dream king sized bed. The first night I slept on it I woke up tired and aching. Two and a half years later, night time has become a silver nightmare to me, and to my husband - who wakes up holding his back every single morning. I can't turn over without waking up and hoisting my miserable, aching, exhausted body up out of the cavern I'm sleeping in, grabbing the edge of the bed and heaving myself over. I have dreams about being in pain - then I wake up and realize I AM IN PAIN!! I have not slept through the night in two and a half years - except for a couple of really blissful nights in a hotel bed. I weigh 120 lbs - my husband weighs 177 lbs...we are pretty average size folks. I think that S&F went overboard in the "soft" department. The bed really has no support - and it is saggy and lumpy with huge indentations where we sleep. We are bed shopping now. It certainly will not be a Stearns & Foster that replaces this bed. It is disappointing - but in a way it has been a relief to read all of these posts. Now I see that I am in good company - there are a bunch of us that are trying to work the kinks out of our aching backs and hurting necks and shoulders as we drink our morning coffee. I am looking forward to buying a new mattress - though quite honestly I am feeling gun shy. If a company as reputable as Stearns & Foster doesn't make a good mattress - then who does? I read somewhere that a top of the line mattress always spells trouble - maybe I should do what another sleepless couple did and buy a Walmart mattress!! Just sign me - sleepless in Florida.

Jonette Wardman Jan 10, 2011

Wow I am not alone!! My husband and I purchased a S&F mattress and the same thing happened 5 or 6 months from purchase. I at first didn't notice it but I started waking up every morning with aches and pains in my back. When I mentioned this to my husband he also said he hurts until he is up and about for about 30 mins then starts to feel better... A few years later the bed now has a big indentation in it and every night my husband is not working midnight shift I find myself rolling in the middle of the bed falling into him. I was consdering contacting S&F about my pillow top Silver Dream Queen mattress that was 3400.00 that I purchased back in 2006 but not sure if I want to deal with all the BS that I see everyone is going through plus I too have a small stain that is on it. I feel that it shouldn't matter that there is a stain on the mattress when there is a problem with tbe construction of it. It's not like they can ever resell the mattress to someone else after they take it back. I know one thing for sure am looking now my for a new mattress and I WILL NOT BE LOOKING TO BUY A STEARNS AND FOSTER!!!

• Cb
    cbgonzo Dec 15, 2010

This is crazy reading all of the complaints. I purchased a S&F Kenleigh king in 2005 and had to have it replaced in 2007. I purchased from Haverty's and they had my replacement in less then 2 weeks. I now have the same problem with the Ashingdon Manor King mattress. I just called Haverty's this morning and they have scheduled someone to come out to take a look. Hopefully we can get a replacement, but for now, I bought a foam mattress from Walmart for $265 and my husband said it is the best sleep he has had in the 5 years we have had the S&F. Kinda pissed that I paid $2200 for a mattress but perfer to sleep on the $265 on. I agree with one of the other posts, that it depends on the store. Haverty's has never given me a problem.

• Pa
    pajdesign Nov 30, 2010

I too wish I had read this forum prior to purchasing a Stearns & Foster Firm Pillow Top Mattress from Sleepy's in Hoboken, NJ. The bed was delivered on April 30, 2010 and after only 4 short months it begin to sag in the middle. I had Sleepy's perform an inspection and although my bed was clearly sagging at least 1 1/2 inches, I was told that my warranty was void because I did NOT have a center support (I have two, one is 1/3 away from the top of the bed frame and the other is 1/3 away from the bottom, thereby providing even support) and because I had a stain. Excuse me for not walking around on eggshells while sleeping on a bed that I purchased. The Sleepy's agent on the phone also quaintly told me that sleeping on a bed as heavy as Stearn's & Foster without a center support is like "driving on a new car with 4 flat tires for four months and that I was bound to have a problem." Say what? I am now composing letters to the CEOs of both Sleepy's and Stearn's & Foster. How dare they falsely advertise claiming to have a superior product that is sub par at best. And when you complain about it they basically tell you that you are SOL and that they only they can do is offer you a deep discount on ANOTHER bed. Is this supposed to be consolation of reassurance based on the piss pour customer experience you had in the first place! I am so angry and disappointed.

• Sh
    Sharron canada Oct 31, 2010

Wow. My husband and I have suffered for three years with this damn mattress. For the longest times I thought it was me, and that the arthritis I have was preventing me from getting used to this mattress. It got so bad that I had to get out of bed and back in to roll over, which is no easy feat for a short person in a high lumpy bed. I am glad to read these comments ... At least I now know it isn't just me. Two nights ago it was the last straw as I slept I the lazy boy instead of the very expensive sf mattress. Yesterday we bought a new simmons pyreneese mattress. Sf is going to the dump when the new one arrives. I think I will beat it with a baseball bat as it leaves. Maybe that will give me some satisfaction. Maybe I should utube that. Good luck to all and thanks for posting.

• Bl
    blventi Oct 27, 2010

Wow, I am in shock so many people are having the same problem as us!! King sized SF was purchased from Art Van in 2004, and I was told to rotate the mattress. This has been done every 4 to 6 months, without any changes. I can't roll out of the hole, over to my husband, as there is a huge hump in the middle of the bed. Both sides are sinking in, and then the middle is raised up. I was told I had to live with it. Had to go to back therapy and am in such pain every morning. He wasn't even home during the week for 18 months of the time we have owned this mattress. I am not sure what to do next, reading these posts makes me think nothing good will come of it, and I DO NOT want another one of these mattresses! Going to start the fight tomorrow, wish me luck!

• Kepo19Taz59Lime Oct 10, 2010

Based on what I read on this website and a story in today's New York Times [protected] The Haggler on Page 5 of the Business Section), I will never buy a Sealy or Stearns & Foster mattress. Why deal with a company that spits in the faces of its customers. Shoppers, we have options; exercise them