Steamno support contact

I purchased a game - Sid Meier's Civilization V from Best Buy. I installed it on my computer and it initally ran fine. I had a problem with my computer and Windows 7 crashed. I backed up my game on an external hard drive and also backed it up to Carbonite Online Backup. I tried to re-install the game and Steam sent me my Account name and I reset my password as I requested. Steam did not accept my account name, email address or my password not when I tried to input it. When I tried to contact support - I was again asked to provide my account name or e-mail address as well as my password. Same was not recognized by Steam. I have had to resort to installing Civilization IV but I am NOT satisfied as I want to play the latest version but cannot. Please register my complaint and help me.

• Re
    Reviewer18043 Feb 03, 2016

The game will not launch. Do not do business with this company. Save your money. Boycott this company until they fix our games.

• Be
    bexarsgirl May 18, 2015

Cruz Pinon, you need to file a dispute with your bank for unauthorized charges. That's the only way you're going to get your money back unless you contact the merchant directly.

cruz pinon May 18, 2015

i also have xsolla "xsollacom at [protected] they dont answer they hit for 24.95 please see what you can do

cruz pinon May 18, 2015

i was charged 88 dollars for games i did not order/ i am 85 years old and do not play these games please have company refund to same as i am on a tight budget and cannot afford such expenses

• Mi
    mightyman14 Dec 01, 2013

i just purchased civ v it hasnt played one time and i cant get any help or support from steam they have my money just legal criminals

• Be
    Ben Wills Nov 02, 2013

How many companies out there make you create separate accounts to use their product (what little Steam provides) and a completely different account to get support for their product? I hate steam it is making one of my favorite games unplayable. Does Bethesda own a piece of Steam because you can't seem to play any of their games without it.

• Sh
    shaya Dec 12, 2011

Steam is selling Transformers: War of Cybertron for 75% off. Unfortunately, I am unable to purchase this game, because the game has not been released in my region (Australia), and looks like this PC version never will be. It is not on the shelves of our game stores. This makes me annoyed. I want this game at this great deal. If the creators of the game would just let anyone buy it, they will earn more money. Instead now, it instigates illegal downloads. If I want to play a game in my own time, on my own computer, it shouldn’t matter where I live!

chop Jun 12, 2011

i agree they shoud be looked into, there support well what support, there is none, we pay good money for games, this company, has control over uss playing that game witch in my eyes is not right

• Na
    nathangrant Apr 04, 2011

I am currently having problems with Steam, though not of the nature you describe. I am finding their customer support awful with no reply in 4 days. Reviewing their terms and conditions I see that they refuse to make refunds in any circumstances. Further, they have no telephone contact only email and that, so far, elicits only automated responses.

I can't recommend dealing with this company but many games give you little choice if you wish to play them. I fear one runs a substantial risk of losing ones money and, worse, they can cut off your account which, as I understand it, would make any games you had previously bought unplayable. I feel a bit of a fool for ever having anything to do with them as they have all the signs of an untrustworthy, uncaring, monopolistic and draconian business.

As an aside, Civ 5 was a very poor game and you are much better off Civ 4.