Having problems with Valve?

Valve Customer Service Contacts

10900 NE 4th St Ste 500
Bellevue, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Valve Customer Service. Initial Valve complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Valve above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Valve. Discuss the issues you have had with Valve and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

SteamGames.com — credit card fraud

I found 6 steamgames.com charges to my card this morning totaling $600. Luckily my bank will take care of it...

Steamsoftware won't run and never ran but no credit given

Bought many game cards from steam. Then I bought fall out four for $60.00, could not load could not run never logged on game. When I contacted steam to help me they said I was on the game2 hours and fifteen, it also shows that I waited two hours and fifteen minutes for game to load. Never played or opened. I am out $60.00 be careful with this company.september 2015

Steampowered.comgame does not work!

I use Steam for a long time now and really love it, but recently I have purchased a game and when I wanted to play it I found out it was not working! This was my first bad experience with Steam. I tried to restart my computer but it did not help. I never ad problems with games! I asked Steam customer support for help but did not receive a response. I hope they'll help me.

Valvesteam

Every single time I've had reason to contact Steam support, I am reminded that this is a company that cares absolutely nothing for its customers. It's taken the company a month at minimum and two months on average to respond to my tickets at all - and never in any kind of helpful way. As for refunds, I have around 300 games on the platform, but on the 2 isolated occasions I requested refunds (because the games did not function at all on my system), my requests were automatically rejected, despite being exactly within Steam's company policy for automatic refunds. My subsequent tickets went unanswered for months, by which time the games were out of the refund time window and the point was moot. This doesn't even touch on the fact that Steam arbitrarily changes terms of service, including removing users' ability to sue, and locking you out of your library until you "agree" to the new terms - as if you have a choice. Steam is only a good service as long as you never encounter any issues. With their absolute garbage customer service and draconian DRM, best go with another service. I'm going to be boycotting Steam indefinitely. I'm sticking with GOG for the time being.

Steamsteam games

I used to buy at least one pc game every month before this rubbish called steam was introduced. I bought just cause 2 and could not play it as I dont have bandwidth to waste on so called updates and there was no indication that it was based on this rubbish of steam. I will never buy pc games anymore. I cannot understand why I have to be frustrated to play a game I payed for. I have gone back to my old ways of downloading pirated games on the internet (torrents and whatnot) Steam will lead to the death of pc gaming. It just takes away all the fun out of it.

Valvesteam currency change into dh is unbalanced

Today, 11/11/2015, Steam's currency changed from US Dollar ($) to the local currency of UAE, the Dirham (DH). This change was only for those who are in the UAE. However, there is an issue with the change. Games are priced in odd ways than they were before. An example: Game X was selling for $60 before the change in currency. After change in currency, the game is now selling for $80 when converted from DH to $. However, not all games are selling the same way. Some remain to sell at the same price, meanwhile others sell for same amount or less. Requesting Valve to address this issue!

steam currency change into dh is unbalanced

Steampowered.com — fake charges for the subscription, which I have stopped

I subscribed for www.steampowered.com. I thought that I subscribed only for a month, because after that I...

www.steamgames.com — my access was blocked

I have no idea what the hell has happened. I registered on the website www.steamgames.com. I used thi...

Valve Steam — allies with hackers

My kids are avid gamers so they only ask for steam gift cards whenever they are due a present. Unfortunately...

SteamGames.com — impossible to get any replies from the support team

My friend ordered game from the website www.steamgames.com. I got the game, but it didn’t work and when...

SteamGames.com — bad experience

I ordered bioshock infinity from the website www.steamgames.com. my payment went promptly, but I...

Valve Software — unauthorized charges

File a police report with your city for identity theft/fraud and file a claim to dispute the charges with...

Steampowered.comthey do not stand by their products

Not only do they require you to install and program giving them access to your computer, they also do not stand by their products. I purchased a product from Steam, and there were numerous bugs in the software that rendered the program unusable. After more than a month of arguing with a customer service team that didn't actually respond appropriately to the questions I asked, they continually refused a refund based on the fact that "they do not offer refunds even if the software does not function as specified at the time of purchase."

DO NO PURCHASE FROM STEAM. There are many other vendors that do not require you to download a privacy invading program that consumes computer resources and mines data, and sell the SAME software at SAME OR BETTER prices. Oh, and I have never had any issues with any other software vendor that denies refunds when they ADMITTEDLY SELL YOU A FAULTY PRODUCT.

• Go
                goose20 Jul 16, 2012

I bought what appeared to be a simple video game called Sniper Ghost Warrior at Walmart for about $15. After I thought it was installed, the only application available was "Steam." It is the online agreement. After going through several pages of user agreement, I began to see the catch. I've been through simular scams. Just create and account, give us your credit card numbers (so we can automatically bill you anytime), and give us complete access to your computer. And, of course the game CD cannot be returned if you opened it. So, I lost $15 to these pickpockets. That will be all they get from me. This scam should be in the news. Everyone should be warned about this method of theft. I'll just stick to Windows Solitaire. Games have become a scam.

• Ra
                Randy Mc Nov 17, 2012

I totally agree, I lost double the amount. I wrote to them and they advised they do not offer refunds or exchanges. The company is a pure rip off.

• La
                Laramen Jan 21, 2013

I have also been sucked-in by Steam, after purchasing software for Doom 3. Having successfully installed the disc and access the website account, I still cannot get the game to operate, and there is no assistance whatsoever from admin or technical support, despite my inquiries. It is a complete rip-off.

Steam — no support contact

I purchased a game - Sid Meier's Civilization V from Best Buy. I installed it on my computer and it...

Steam Powered/Valveblocked account due to paypal issues

I recently bought a game from Steam on an account which I have multiple games. The next thing I know, Paypal stopped the payment, thinking that it might be linked to fraud. They then required a response from Steam.
              Steam then simply shut my account down, and told me that I had to resolve it with Paypal. Paypal have told me that Steam have to resolve the issue.

I've since sent 3 three emails asking Steam to give me the details to make a new payment via paypal, but after several days they have still not responded.

Steam has terrible customer support, with even worse response times. When they do reply, it's normally a canned response which bears little relevance to your question.

My advice is: stay away from Steam as much as you can, if something does go wrong, you lose everything and they don't care.

Valve — steam bugs/poor suppport

Valve's Steam is very poor. Playing games have many bugs and problems. The problem is that there i...

Valve/Steam — ripped off for team fortress 2

I went to my nearby Circuit City in the company's final days in hopes of scoring some good prices on...