Stauer Jewelryrefuse to replace ring

T

I ordered a ring 1/4 size smaller than what I needed thinking that a jeweler could "stretch" the ring that tiny bit. You can only order rings in whole sizes. When the stretch was made, all the stones began to fall out. Stauer says that because it was touched by a jeweler that they can't take the ring back and send a repacement. However, not in any of their literature or on the website does it say that rings are unable to be sized. It does not say that the silver rings are coated in rhodium so that most jewelers won't size the ring for you either. I am still awaiting a call from the company, but am sure it won't come. This is a company that I URGE you not to purchase from. They send all sorts of emails saying that they care about their customers, and that their customers are important to them. If that were true, this would be resolved. I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

RESOLVED

• Stauer's response · Apr 22, 2011

I am a rep for Stauer and would like to make known that Stauer puts the return and exchange policy in all of their catalogs, on the back of every packaging invoice and on their web site (http://www.stauer.com/faq.asp#20). Within the policy it specifically says: “To return an item it must be sent in its original packaging, complete and in saleable condition. Products and or jewelry cannot be sized or altered. If the product has been sized or altered, the product will not be accepted for an exchange or return.” If there are any questions on the return and exchange policy please call our customer service department at [protected] Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (Central Time).

• Ra
    RalphPM Feb 17, 2017

Their watches fail along with their "leather" watchbands". Chinese Junk

• Ca
    Carlymariep Feb 06, 2013

I have recd gifts from Stauer and they began changing color the very next day the stone from my ring fell out the prongs were in tact no bent sides nothing just a missing stone. I called them and they said it was my skin changing the metal I have a lot of silver covered in gold plate and none of them discolor my skin or themselves. They had me send it all back to them it took them four weeks to replace them and I put them on and within 48 hours the same thing ring turned faded and black my finger turned green . I have asked my husband to cancel this so called platinum thing and if he must do buis with them please just buy the sterling silver this electroplated stuff is truly junk and the cost is way to high for what you get. His watch doesn't work mine the band broke and the battery is dead I think but neither work. Info had my way I would return it all for a refund and not give them very good reviews.

• Jn
    jncanfly Jun 14, 2011

I agree with the Stuer Rep as long as it is a manufacture defect they have to fix the problem at no cost but if you sent the ring to outside jeweler to re-size your taking a risk and lose your warranty.

• Ph
    photobug Feb 19, 2011

I have been a customer of stauer for 6yrs. all there jewlery comes with a Guarrente The rings come in the size that you order. First of all you never have a ring streched any real jewler will tell you that I bought a ring for my girlfriend I need it smaller took it to my jewler he sized it the propper way with no problems and I have bought several rings from them and none of the stones have fallen out that was the fault of who you took it to. that wasn't stauers responsablity if it had been the would have replaced it without any problems they stand behind what they sell they have a 100% money back Gaurrente.

• Hu
    Husband707476 Dec 13, 2010

My wife was wearing a ring I bought her from STAUER when it saved her finger from a slaming door. The ring, however, had to be bent to get it off of her finger. We then had it re sized and re-ringed to round with no problems from a local jewler. She still wears it today.