Starbucks company logo
Starbucks
reviews & complaints
Starbucks
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

542 complaints
54 resolved 488 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Starbucks reviews & complaints 1001 - 542

Starbucks complaints 542

Starbucks - rude manager moore ok

It seems like everytime I go into starbucks after I work out I am treated rudely by the store manager who makes it a point to wait on me. I am looked up and down like I am not worthy while I am just wanting to pay for my drink. She makes a point of telling me that she is the store manager rudely but refuses to give me a name. I guess from reading the multiple comments on the internet starbucks could care less how they treat their customers. I will never go in there again!

Nobody cares.

Starbucks - rude manager

Twice I have been to this starbucks. First night was 2/26/11. Had asked if there were any pastries left and as the male barista was polite enough to let us know what was left his female manager...

Dec 22, 2010

Starbucks - double billing

I was double billed for a gift card I ordered online. Desiree, a superviser online for starbucks verified it was a duplicate charge but told me they did not have the "capability" of refunding me! She told me to file a dispute with my credit card company. So now I have had to go to the trouble of calling my credit card co & starting the long process of getting rembursed for the fradulent charge. Meanwhile starbucks is earning interest off of my money for 6 to 8 weeks. Quite a racket they have going... I will never purchase anything from starbucks again!

S

Wow the ### is calling herself a troll the only word the troll knows. Must be how it looks in real life.

S

Really could of fooled me

S

Brenda you are a stupid ###

ADVERTISIMENT

Starbucks - beetle in blueberry scone

On october 21st I purchased a blueberry scone from a starbucks in washington. After I had ate about half of the scone I felt something hard in my mouth. I pulled it out of my mouth to discover it was a beetle completely intact. It had been baked into the scone. I took the scone back to starbucks, took pictures of the beetle and the scone and sent a letter with pictures to starbucks. I have been talking to them weekly and last week I received a $15 gift card for my compensation for having a beetle in my mouth. Of course, I was furious and called them and said I didn't agree with their customer service. They told me there was nothing else they could do for me. So I am trying to get the work out there about how poor the customer service is at starbucks!

Absolutely revolting!

So sorry you had to experience that.

P
Nov 03, 2010

Starbucks - unqualified staff + bad cookies

I am a starbucks regular customer, today I went to order a mocha and a choc cooky

Thd cooky tasted aweful and the mocha turned to be hot chocaolate...

Contact me plz urgent [protected]

F

Starbucks - rude employees

My wife and I have been lucky enough to have always experienced a+ customer service in the mill valley store — until today, that is.

A very obnoxious, arrogant, rude woman behind the counter, jasako (spelling?), kept being rude and then said to my wife within hearing distance of our table, "you are only stupid americans and I can be any way I want!"

Apparently, she can.

I am from Venice, California. During the summer months, my fiance and I often drive about an hour and half south to San Clemente to surf at the famous San Onofre State beach. Before and after, we stop at Starbucks for a beverage and to work online for a while.

Last night, after enjoying 2 Cremes on the patio together, I decided that I'd like to wash the salt off of my face and brush my teeth. So I went to the counter to get a token for the restroom. This is annoying, but I understand it's Starbucks effort to limit the use of its restroom to customers only. Then, in the middle of brushing my teeth, about 3 minutes after I entered the bathroom, an employee, Jude Calamino, barged in, holding the door open in a gesture to kick me out, and said, "Okay...brushing your teeth is okay, but you're not allowed to bathe in the restroom." What in the world was this woman talking about? I calmly explained that I was rinsing my face off and brushing my teeth- that hardly constitutes bathing! She said, I'm just letting you know our policy, you are not allowed to bathe in here. Then she motioned for the customers waiting at the door that they could come in. Apparently the coast was clear.

Later, I privately told Jude that I was offended by the scene she created and the insinuation of her remarks. She justified her behavior by saying that San Clemente apparently has a big heroin addict and homeless problem, and she has to clean up after them for minimum wage.

The problem with that reply is that I had just bought over $7-$8 worth of beverages (and tipped a dollar- big regret), and asked for a token. The token itself should eliminate the danger of these supposed Orange County junkies storming the local restrooms. Being from Venice, where drug addicts and the homeless peacefully live amongst some of the wealthiest people in the nation, I find Jude's paranoia a bit humorous and highly offensive. To my knowledge, the Starbucks in Venice doesn't have the token system, nor does any other establishment in the vicinity, yet they manage to treat their paying customers with the respect they deserve.

-Stephenie

They wonder why Americans have a problem with them being here in our country. So typical of a foreigner

Starbucks - starbucks emplyee

I am a big fan of starbucks. I am honestly visiting the one in near my house everyday. Yesterday, I was visiting the glen one after dinner with my family.. I ordered cold beverage for myself and kid...

Starbucks - shouting and throwing infront of customers

This starbucks employee was shouting and throwing things forcefully into the sinks in front of customers. His entire attitude was extremely rude, not greeting or saying thank you. None. This is the type of employee starbucks hires? I will not go to starbucks again. There are many other stores server good coffee and have nice attitudes. The person behind me left starbucks after watching what this employee was doing.

Mar 23, 2007

I don't drink coffee, but until this incident, I would often get milk at Starbuckses. On one occasion at the Starbucks located at the Target at North Hills in Raleigh, NC, I asked for milk as usual and was subsequently mocked by the counter staff. I have never gone to Starbucks again.

I am a big fan of Starbucks. I am honestly visiting the one in near my house everyday.
yesterday, I was visiting the Glen one after dinner with my family.. I ordered cold beverage for myself and kids drink for my son. I ordered cold milk for kid size. and the lady filled up just a half of cup that left in the milk container. and she just throw the empty milk container on the floor right infront of me. and she gave me only half of the cup of milk. I said “can you fill full?” and she said very mean with mad face “you want whole cup?” and she opened another milk container and filled. what was that mean?
I paid full but have just a half cup because milk container empty and she doesn’t want open for another container? with bad attitude? I was frustraing and felt very upset. and right after she treated next customer with smile. I felt discrimination too. the Glen one is very crowded and walked a lot of time for shopping and stop by for the drink. this is crazy and uncomfortable feeling that I never felt since I visit the starbucks. I was so angry that I could hardly command my temper

W
Apr 04, 2009

to be honest, you would be better served buying milk at a convenience store. not only because its cheaper but b/c it would be faster and you obviously dont have to deal with attitude.

A
Aug 26, 2008

Starbucks should be boycotted anyhow by anyone who is a true American, for their horrible attitude tword our fighting men and women in the middle east. It is nothing but a gay liberal lisp conbention there anyhow.

May 04, 2008

To J.W Bennett : Nah, the company is supposed to uphold every single person who walks through their doors, so you shouldn't feel bad, and they shouldn't make you feel bad.
Anyway, it's not like you don't buy the occasional Latte now and then, right?

Nov 27, 2007

Keep in mind that Target owns the Starbucks in thier store. Starbucks Inc. has no power or authority to train or keep quality controls for their listened stores. Just go to a real Starbucks, and I am confident that they will be a great help to you.

Apr 29, 2007

I often ask just for an iced water. Sometimes I feel guilty for doing so. Comments?

Starbucks - disgruntled employee

I work at this store, and despite having worked uncountable days in the past while sick because no one could cover my shifts, I was written up for calling in sick with a fever of 102 a full 5 hour...

H
Mar 26, 2010

Starbucks - unexplained charges

Everytime I visit starbucks egypt (and am a regular customer), the cashier says e.G. Le 19.75 where I pay le 20! When I asked why, the employee claimed that these are taxes. I actually took the...

Starbucks - faulse advertisement

On the reward program site, you will read “get more coffee with your coffee. When you use your registered starbucks card to but 1 lb of your whole bean coffee, we’ll give you any tall (12oz) beverage of your choice.” the stores in my area, I have never been offered this. When I mentioned, they offered me only a tall brewed coffee. I have complained at the corporate level through their site. And I was told that except contracted outlets like in the hotels or other places, they should honor the programs. Well, the outlets are their direct stores.
The other day, after buying my beans with my registered card, I asked about a free beverage, then, they laughed over the intercom calling me stupid. Who is stupid? Employees do not know what the corporate level is putting out on their official site or customers?
Well, my point is if you are not going to practice what you say, why state in the web site. Or the corporate ceo does not tell the frontline employees to take a look at the site.. I am so upset a big company like starbucks cannot practice what they say. Or for the size of the company it is common.
Ceos should go undercover and find out what really is go ing on and why the company is losing money.

Starbucks - ignorant employees/worst customer service

on a recent trip to detroits mgm grand casino, we "treated" 3 guests to a specialty coffee. with 1 bag off coffee beans, which was marked up $2 with a magic marker, our bill came to over $40. we had the most unpleasant customer service by a woman who clearly didnt want to grind the beans. it took over 40 minutes to receive our incorrectly made drinks, and have the beans ground. i emailed starbucks with my complaint. i was assurred that i would receive coupons to replace my purchases. today, i did receive 2 lousy coupons. i will certainly stay clear of starbucks from here on. i truly was a starbucks lover. maybe tim hortons would appreciate my business

B
Feb 15, 2010

Starbucks - obstruction of justice

Starbucks, inc. (nasdaq:sbux) participates in obstruction of justice in big bear lake, california Posted on february 16, 2010 by thebigbearianreturns | edit At approximately 6:00 p.M. On september...

Starbucks - rude employees with no people skills

About a month, an incident started when an employee that was transferred from another store to the jefferson street, falls church, va - #7 store, in which I have been a regular customer since the...

M
Jan 11, 2010

Starbucks - loyalty unrewarded

The new "Gold card" promotion is the "anti-reward" for long-time Starbks customers.

Not only is the "reward" a complete reduction of the former "10%" savings program, but the new "Gold" card requires customers to keep a balance on hand in order to qualify for the "Free" drink after 15 purchases.

So much for rewarding customer loyalty. Our office of four daily Strbcks drinkers is going to a local coffee "casita" for a buck-fifty less.

Greed, once again, wins the day in the short run; I fully expect this company to fail in the next three years.

The Starbuck here in Glover Park is like a pig pen. They don't care about the neighborhood, just making money. Papers, butts, cups and litter is the norm around they shop.

V
Jul 01, 2008

I have a coupon for a 2-piece box of Starbucks chocolate Truffles. I took it into the Silverdale Store and they told me they did not have any and would not be getting any more. The coupon is good until August 29th. Why are these not available? The girl in the Starbucks booth was not one bit interested in trying to find out if they would be getting any before the August date. If you are going to send out coupons out in the mail have the product available. Mary lou Dahl [protected] Tracyton Blvd N.W. Bremerton, Washington 98311

I disagree with Brenda, they should have someone picking that stuff up. Customers are nasty no matter where they are and businesses should expect to have to pick up after them. If there is no one available to sweep up quickly, they need to make an effort to make sure there is.

Why are you complaining? It's people like you that are never satisfied in life. The program is free so that you can get every 15th drink for FREE. What is the big deal that you have to have money on your card if you are going to spend money at Starbucks anyways..?

Ah yes. A FREE program that gives you FREE drinks... what a rip-off. :eye roll:

H
Sep 25, 2009

The coupon probably has a line along the lines of "...Available while supplies last...".

T
Jul 29, 2008

Quite right. At my neighborhood Starbucks, I was told these 2-piece boxes are only available in grocery stores. I have been in grocery stores and drug stores all over the country, and have kept my eyes open, coupon in pocket. I've never seen them anywhere.

R
Dec 27, 2009

Starbucks - poor customer service

I went to order 6 coffee's for take out when i ordered i said i needed a tray to take them. They made all the coffee's took payment and then told me they had no trays left. This was 7:30 a.m. So i asked for a box because i physically cannot carry 6 coffee's with which they responded with we have no boxes i can use right now so after waiting in line and ordering coffee's i can't carry i asked for my money back. The clerk gave me a hard time as if it was my fault and did not want to refund my money. eventually he did and i left. Never to return to Starbucks. This story has been told many many times and will get told to everyone i know.
one good thing came of it. I have found that Mcdonalds has very good coffee.

a) they should have had trays and boxes. a business as big as starbucks should have it together.
b) because it was obviously THEIR shortcoming, the should have figured out some other way to help you. perhaps taking them out to your car, or figuring out something else.

McDonald's has a lot of coffee trays, if you want poor service with your half-[censor] coffee then go ahead, Starbucks is better off without a prude like you. And, if the music is too loud then you're too old, and just because you go there to "reflect" doesn't mean that others do. How hard is it to ask..."Can you please turn the music down?" I am sure they wouldn't mind. ...[censor]s.

Apr 11, 2010

So... what did you want them to do? If they didn't have trays or boxes... they didn't have trays or boxes. What the heck else did you want them to do?

Jan 19, 2010

My main complaint against Starbucks is that the stores are way too noisy. The stoves, ovens and thier timers are not bothersome. It the DAMN music (noise) Why is it that they have turned almost all their stores into bars with the latest disco bop and its turned up way TOO loud. So it's forced into your consciousness whether you want it there ir not. Very, very annoying. Don't know about the rest of the folks but for me going to the coffee shop is a time to reflect, plan a few things for the day or otherwise, read or sometimes have a nice conversation with a fellow customer. All quite impossible with the NOISE level. What Starbucks doesn't get is that most people want or don't mind a little "background" music but who the hell has declared that my every experience has to be infiltrated withe the latest noisy disco pop. Starbucks isn't the only culprit these days as a lot of banks have joined the fray-some hospitals. It wouldn't be surprising to find public libraries doing the same thing because they want me to have an "experince". Enough already Starbucks turn that NOISE down and let us think!

R

McDonald's does have good coffee!

G
Dec 07, 2009

Starbucks - never again

Carrabas in Willow Grove, PA has the worst customer service I've ever experienced from a restaurant with take out. First, I ordered the steak marsala, zucchini fries and a pizza. When I got home (about 15 minutes later) I opened the food to find the fries were a congealed glob in the middle of the dish. The pizza was burned to the point of being black and flaking off on one side and completely uncooked on the other side. Luckily, my mom's steak was edible.

So I called the restaurant to complain and was told that if I wanted to lodge a complaint, I'd have to call back when the place was less busy or I could hold but "it might be a while". I was kept on hold for 1/2 an hour during which time several staff members answered the phone as if I had just called and then told me to hold again. When a manager finally answered, they weren't remotely apologetic and instead told me that they were busy and if I wanted to come back, they'd try again.

Rather than driving and other 15 minutes back and 15 minutes home before I could eat, they offered me gift certificates. While that should solve the problem, they never sent any gift certificates. This went from being one of my favorite restaurant to a place I will never order from again.

Starbucks now carries steak and pizza? News to me.

Then again, I wouldn't trust a coffee shop for my dining needs either.

Starbucks - customer service

Employee spoke to me like I was stupid in the Starbucks located in the Target in Derby, KS. I am certain this employee is not modeling the behavior expected by Starbucks. Will not go back.

Jul 30, 2011

I went to Star Bucks in Millenia Mall in Orlando Store # 11402 the clerk was very rude we ordered regular coffee and the coffee was cold, we complained to the manager and she changed them and gave us two more cups took back the first cups, the new cups was also cold we decided to leave with them but another co worker took them back, ... he complained that the coffee was cold and he stated it was not cold whe I served them...I then ordered a Grand carmel Frapp it was the worst tasting Frapp I ever had...it was not done properly...I decided to leave and not cause attention...You guys need to take a look at the staff that is working at that location...

Apr 11, 2010

Lmao. What a ridiculous complaint. I bet your dog looks at you skeptically too.

Starbucks - why the rude employees?

10/03/09, 7:31a.M., store #06486
Why am I leaving this store carrying my new coffee press by the handle? I should be carrying this product in a bag or at least in its original packaging. Instead, i’ve been forced to buy the display coffee press and walk out like a thief who’s just shoplifted because starbuck employees couldn’t be bothered to serve me properly. Why, as a paying customer, am I made to feel that i'm interrupting them?

Three starbucks employees, (no other customer in the entire store but me), and not one of them can exhibit any modicum of respect. No greeting when I enter the store. They simply can’t be bothered to attend to this sale correctly. They're just too... Untrained, rude, inconsiderate, uncaring? As i'm paying, one of the female workers actually rolled her eyes when I declined a coffee sample, rolled her eyes! The male employee had to say to her, "she said no”, (talking about me whilst i’m standing there!) and then laughed.

This isn’t a laughing matter. Their behavior is rude and unacceptable. My day shouldn’t start off with rude starbucks employees treating me inappropriately. Bag my product. Get a non-display press from the back. Care about customer service. They won’t care, (i’ve read the complaints and blogs about how unresponsive this corporation is), but now I will boycott their stores and spread the word about their rude service. Shame on the rude little employees and shame on this corporation for allowing this poor customer service to continue.

Of course. Let us commence the coitus on the morrow.

Thank you my good man!

Bruno Bryans, You are both a visionary and scholar. May you be touched by his noodly appendage. RAmen.

Ah yes! A non display model! In a box! From the back, or perhaps from the underground warehouse under each starbucks! If the biggest problem in your day is the jerks at *$ didnt give you a bag for your coffee press, you should thank your lucky stars. How much did it cost? $30? 40$? 50$? For some people that is groceries for the week. You were fortunate enough to spend it on a luxury item.

No, you know what? On second thought, you're right! How dare those fools disrespect you! I hope they all get leukemia so they can get a taste of your pain.

grow up.

You do realize that Starbucks locations do not always have extra "non-display models" in the back? It's not a leprechaun's grab bag of goodies back there, chief. So some punk kids decide to disrespect you? Go out and get you some respect, nukka. Don't sit here on your anus and write a puerile rant about your experience. Don't be a drama queen.

G
Sep 24, 2009

Starbucks - failed

Starbucks coffee mission statement: to establish starbucks as the premier purveyor of the finest coffees in the works while maintaining our uncompromising principles as we grow.

Uncompromising principles:
To maintain a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity

Embrace diversity as an essential component of the way we do business

Apply the highest standards of excellence to the purchasing, roasting, and fresh delivery of our coffee

Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time

Contribute positively to our communities and our environment

Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success

On february 21st starbucks laid off over 250 employees they call “partners” in an effort to control costs. Not a single executive took any kind of pay cut and the new ceo howard schultz even gets paid more than the previous ceo jim donald. They created a new cco position with a six figure salary, yet they cut over 250 “partners” who need to feed families and have benefits. This coming from a company that claims to be different and “people focused.” starbucks violated its very own mission statement to save upper executives and board members from having to lose a small portion of their income. There was no “great work environment” on february 21st and there hasn’t been one since. Ever since mr. Schultz took over the “partners” working in the ssc in seattle have been walking on egg shells.

I was told I could take a lower position with a significant pay cut or look for another job. I was given a small amount of time to decide. I am forced to work there due to needing medical benefits. This is coming from a person who used to vehemently defend starbucks because I believed it to be special. I guess I was wrong. It’s just another big greedy corporation, except it claims to be something it’s not. This needs to stop.

It seems that starbucks only follows its mission when the stock price is favorable.

See what a mean, what a lovely woman to do business with! LOL
Cheers Tara, you are GRREAT! xx

take what ever this person Tara says with a pinch of salt. She is a scam on the web just check out this site to see for yourselves. I am doing all I can to stop anyone else getting ripped off by this awful person and her evil website. Good luck and kindest regards Silly girl x

By the way just type in Tara medium and you will find all the posts and information you need to know that you shouldnt go anywhere near this woman or her site and all the rubbish she spouts, its not a free reading and she will bombard you will horrible things of an evil presence etc and ask you to pay lots of money to rid you of it. ALL LIES! Please use your gut feeling and check her out.

1  ...  25 26 27 28