Star LedgerStar Ledger Subscription

V

I am unable to get your subscription to the Star Ledger started due to the following problems:

1. On 6/6 I sent in check # 1146 in the amount of $29.88 and the appropriate form for the twelve week subscription and the cooler bag
2. On 6/13 the check was cashed by Chase Bank
3. On 6/26 I called customer service and spoke to Steven and he asked me to fax him a copy of the check. I will not do so as it would be a long distance phone charge, I finally got him to give the address so I could send him a copy. Copy sent to his attention in Newark, NJ.
4. On 7/5 I called customer service and spoke to Alma. She knew nothing said she spoke to Steven and he did not get the check. She said call back.
5. On 7/10 I called customer service and spoke to Viola, again she knew nothing. She said did I know that I must send in the cancelled check. I said yes, I sent it to Steven on 6/26. She said she would have Steven get back to me immediately.
6. No progress. Even after 4 calls to customer service and being treated like a criminal and having constantly to defend myself. Evidently, you have no records of checks or forms sent in.

Today, I noticed that the Star Ledgers were thrown all over my development even at vacant houses. I live in a senior citizen development. You should be fined for throwing trash in our neighborhood.

Now, I do not want to deal with anyone in your Company and I just want my $29.88 check back.

I am just now starting a campaign to alert all people of your consumer fraud actions and your total lack of concern.

Sincerely,
Victor

Manahawkin, NJ 08050

Joanna Oct 15, 2006

Very true, we have the same problem here.

Sent they check on Sep 11, they cashed the check on Sep 15. Till now, we still don't have newspaper. Called the customer service today (Oct 15), said they don't have any record, ask me to send them the copy of my check.

• Pe
    Perry Louis Hamburg Jan 11, 2008

I cancelled home delivery after repeatedly having to retrive my paper from beneath my car or from my next door neighbor's lawn each morning, even after calling the circulation department twice about this.
    This problem turned out to be a blessing in disguise, however; I now read the Internet edition, instead, saving myself considerable expense and the bothersome chore of re-cycling.

• Gb
    g brenton Feb 15, 2009

i purchased the paper 2/15 /08 at the local quick chek -morris ave in union. the sunday paper didn't have any food coupon section.
    when i went back to the store- none of the sunday papers did!
    i would like you to send me my coupons-
    txs gina

• To
    Tony DeOliveira Jul 07, 2013

For three weeks running in a row, I have received the sunday paper without any comics or coupons. I called after the second week and still nothing has changed.

• Se
    SELWYN WIMBERLY Mar 15, 2014

HELLO MY NAME IS SELWYN WIMBERLY I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION OF THE WEEKLY STAR LEDGER, THEY HAVE BEEN TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT AND I HAVENT RECIEVED NOT ONE PAPER YET THIS IS THE SECOND PAYMENT THEY TOOK OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT THE FIRST ONE WAS JAN 19TH AND THE SECOND ONE WAS FEB 19 PLS DONT TAKE ANY MORE OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT
    THANKS

SELWYN

Andrew 195 Jun 08, 2015

They missed the delivery yesterday SUNDAY, I called 3 times and was told a delivery was on the way. PAPER NEVER CAME. This morning they said they would bring me a copy. No credit for missing? Not the first time. I cancelled, I want a check.

drjg Jun 21, 2015

I did not receive my paper on 6/21. I can find no easy way to report non-delivery to your circulation department. Why is it so difficult?????

drjg Oct 22, 2015

For the second time this month I have not received my paper. I have not had this problem in the past. If I have a new carrier please tell them that this level of service is unacceptable.

drjg Oct 22, 2015

Once again no paper today Still difficult to report.

Annared Sep 19, 2018

Im very disappointed in yours sports department which it seems are all Yankee fans since we are Met fans very little is mentioned of them because you are pro Yanks. Get your act together.

• Ca
    cary gerson Dec 25, 2019

endemic danger to patients at this institution. abuse of power. incorrect diagnoses. general rudeness, and arrogance towards patients and family. risk of mistake and infectious procedures are off the charts.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices