Staples.comstaples.com gift cards are not usable

I went to a Staples store to purchase a toner cartridge, they did not stock it in the store. No biggie, they offered to order it there, but since I was in a hurry, i figured I would just order it online that the next day.

I did this then tried to use a cash card that I got from a return and a gift card I was given-both were from Staples and both said Staples.com on them. The problem is, you can not use either on there web site! So, I 800 number, again, there was no way possible to use either card. I was told that I have to go into the store to use them. I told them the store does not stock the item. It didn't matter, I had to go back to the store, to place the order for something they do not stock in the store in order to pay with the cards. The nearest Staples is 30 minutes away. That is why I shop online! No where in the store does it tell you this. Online you do not find it out until you finish your order.

Time to shop elsewhere.

• Sh
    Shahid Masood Apr 10, 2007

I bought some toner cartridges from Staples online. I was sent a rebate form which I filled out but it was rejected later on and I didn't receive $10 rebate money back. I was deceived by Staples into this deal.

Not only that, but also many times I was discriminated at Staples location at Logan Town Centre, Altoona PA while trying to purchase items, when I needed help, I was ignored because I am an Asian but other customers were taken care of. The store manager's name is Penny. I am very upset with this kind of policy from staples.

• Ed
    edward lachioma Nov 29, 2008

i made a purchase in store1625 black friday the man at the cash reg. did not put the item in the bag i when out to the car saw that the item was not there when back in the store they could not help me/ i think its a scam between your staff i am getting a lawer to take this case, the item was a soraher set for a computer cyber 14 watt price 25.99 this is not a way to run a buss. i know noting will be done this is why i am getting a lawer for the rest of the public not to be taken

• Ia
    Iaeye Sep 18, 2018

Ashley in the Mason City Iowa Location is very rude and makes up to many excuses why she can't perform her job. I won't be back for a long while because of her. Thanks

• Yo
    Youlanda Patterson Sep 19, 2018

overcharging me putting cookies on my account that I did not ask for. Staples Credit Card 6035517864193726 Youlanda Patterson 972-814-0056 cell 469-232-9441 phone zip 75231 I over $284.18 my on my credit card is $515.82. 7126 holly hill drive 112 Dallas, Texas 75231

• Al
    Alley Banks Oct 03, 2018

There is such a lack of customer service there, it's unbelievable. Managers no where in site. No one works on the floor or in the aisles. Employees not knowledgeable about products in store and if they are available. I hope this culture don't continue or else I'd have to take my business elsewhere.

• Ha
    Hailey Runt Jun 26, 2019

An employee at a staples location in Glendale was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in customer service. She was extremely rude and even cursed under her breath after I asked a simple question. Her name was Victoria, hopefully the management at this location does something about this employee.

• Co
    cohenmike159 Sep 17, 2019

I'm here to present a complaint about an unpleasant experience that happened on the morning of Sept/10 at the store mentioned.

That day I tried to get assistance from associates, but unfortunately, they were no cashiers or managers to help you and the others were too busy on their phones.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices