Standard Bank — travel wallet is a disgrace
Late September 2009 I travelled from South Africa to UK with my 15 year old daughter on holiday. My daughter is a client of Standard Bank and I got her a Travel Wallet (A temporary debit card loaded with foreign currency for overseas transactions) from her bankers where 350 GBP was initially loaded. A further 500 pounds was loaded as we encountered the problems stated below.
All transactions that were not successful were debited against the card but not reversed with a credit. We always phoned the ATM operators or followed up with the respective merchants who confirmed that the transactions had been reversed.
By the time we left London on 3rd October 2009, Standard Bank and their counterparts HSBC Bank London PLC oweed us 350 Pounds. Our e-mail to Standard Bank while in UK about our plight yielded no response. Back home in South Africa we are told by the Standard Bank Lynnwood Ridge Branch that it takes 14 days to update the card.
They obviously think that somebody would hang around at a holiday resort for 14 days while waiting for them to update the card.
More Standard Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Standard Bank - confirmation letter of closed credit card account
- Standard Bank - to get through to their number seems to be impossible
- Standard Bank - pathetic service from standard bank & their staff
- Standard Bank - standard bank froze my bank account
- Standard Bank - scam
- Standard Bank South Africa - change my email address on my account
- Standard Bank South Africa - outstanding card authorisation not resolved
- Standard Bank - no correspondence has put me in trouble
- Standard Bank South Africa - unauthorized debit by Standard Bank
- Standard Bank South Africa - standard bank home loans