Standard Banktravel wallet is a disgrace

Late September 2009 I travelled from South Africa to UK with my 15 year old daughter on holiday. My daughter is a client of Standard Bank and I got her a Travel Wallet (A temporary debit card loaded with foreign currency for overseas transactions) from her bankers where 350 GBP was initially loaded. A further 500 pounds was loaded as we encountered the problems stated below.

All transactions that were not successful were debited against the card but not reversed with a credit. We always phoned the ATM operators or followed up with the respective merchants who confirmed that the transactions had been reversed.

By the time we left London on 3rd October 2009, Standard Bank and their counterparts HSBC Bank London PLC oweed us 350 Pounds. Our e-mail to Standard Bank while in UK about our plight yielded no response. Back home in South Africa we are told by the Standard Bank Lynnwood Ridge Branch that it takes 14 days to update the card.

They obviously think that somebody would hang around at a holiday resort for 14 days while waiting for them to update the card.

• Ha
    Hakove Sep 02, 2010

I, like most people, do not enjoy being called at work by telemarketers. The person was offering life coverage from Standard Bank. I was not interested, already covered. They continue 'that's great news you understand the importance of such insurances..' something along those lines, who writes this stuff really? Then go on to say 'what we are offering will not affect your current policies..' blah blah. I hung up. Call it rude but I hate being hassled by telemarketers. And I received the call on a collegue's phone to add frustration to the call. I never expected such a call from my bank. I understand they are trying to provide me with a service, but if I am not interested or I do not seem interested, end the call. Just a tip. It's not fun being on my end of the call. Especially when you know you are not interested at all, yet the call seems as though it will go on forever.

• Tr
    Trully Sep 07, 2010

I have been a customer of Standard Bank for about 25 years now and as of today I am going to take my business elsewhere finally.

I have always had an overdraft facility of R20 000 on my account but today I discovered that our overdraft had been brought down to R13 000 WITHOUT NOTIFICATION I spoke to my branch manageress who said I should come into the bank to review the overdraft as my account had been run very well and I could apply again for more. Well I just want to tell you that your communication methods stink because NEVER have I been notified that the facility would be lowered and that is what makes me the angriest.

I have to find out in such an embarrassing way that I don’t have an overdraft facility – this happened while we were on holiday and had to make a payment to the air school for our son that is studying there and my husband returned to Nigeria where he works today and was going to transfer the money over from his offshore account – but now I just want to tell you I am not interested in doing business with Standard Bank again.

• Dr
    Drevoss Sep 08, 2010

I received a call from the Standard bank sales trying to sell some form of 'life cover' in case of injury or death due to a criminal activity such as a hi-jacking. After politely stating that I was not interested, twice, the person started quoting crime statistics in order to convince me, telling how many people die every some many minutes in this country. I believe that it is poor form and poor ethics using scaring tactics in order to make a sale. I believe that the product should sell itself and Standard bank should be above this kind of tactics. Where are your ethics or is it just about the bottom line? Shame on you, Standard bank for bad business ethics. I don't want to be associated with Standard bank anymore!

• So
    Sobserr Sep 09, 2010

Standard Bank and its lawyers must stop harassing and threatening my wife henceforth. Her account was handed for collection due to an error by the bank. My wife requested a reduction order in her overdraft and that the account must be locked for all debits – only credits as she no longer uses the account (& will deposit R700 every month to pay off the overdraft). Std Bank didn’t do the latter, which we’ve accepted and agreed to pay all the charges on a monthly basis. Last month I paid Std Bank (R2 000) on the 14th, and even before the end of the current calendar month its lawyers are harassing and threatening my wife for payment. I have never refused to pay or skipped any payment. I will pay Std Bank before the end of the September calendar month as I’ve always done. Stop this sonsense please!

Magerr Sep 09, 2010

I had a illegal transaction from Iburst on my account, send a secure message no responce, phone the bank no consultant available to assist me with fraudulent transaction. The secure message does not even show on the reports.

What is wrong surely the bank must be able to assist if you have a problem. The bank are eager to take charges on your account, but is not willing to assist you with a fraud on your account.

I do not get a lunch time so I can not go to the bank, though the secure message will work but to my surprice it does not work.

• Sd
    Sdenka Sep 09, 2010

My first home I purchased through Standard bank but on a bad rate. They were not willing to budge so I had no choice but to switch to another home finance institution that offered me a lower rate. That was 7 years ago. Now I'm applying again and Standard Bank again will not give me a good rate. Standard Bank is my personal bank, why won't MY BANK give me a better rate than other banks who don't know me?

Quote from Standard Bank's Website: 'We understand that buying a house is more than just an investment, but also a place to call home and to create those memorable moments that will last forever. At Standard Bank we want to make this process as easy as possible.'

Well they not making this purchase easy for me!!!

• Be
    Belivore Sep 13, 2010

This is the third complain and still no answers. If you phone Baby, she covers for Lynette. Lynette always say I'll come back to you. She never does. If you phone the switchboard they don't answer. If you ask who the manager is at any other number they put you through to Baby. Baby is always rude, never does what she promise. After 6 months I am still struggling to get two machines transferred to the new owners. I was threatened to be handed over to Credit bureau and lawyer. No apologies, no compensation for all my calls. More than 50. Baby just don't listen, she blames the bank MD and system and uses Lynette to confront me as the client telling everybody that I sore at her and that I treated her bad. When Baby ran out of excuses she refused to help me further, saying the account is in my wife's name and that she will not help me further. I explained that I am also an owner of the business and my wife gave me proxy and that she sent them an email permitting me to speak on her behalf. Baby just said she will not take any nonsense from me and that she will get someone else to phone me. She specifically mentioned that I MUST be to Mark and I am not allowed to jump over his head.

• Ni
    Nielman Sep 14, 2010

Would have thought this would be easier. I have been to my branch THREE TIMES in the last year to change my one time password (good thing i use my other bank for most of my e-banking). Anyway I tried again last week, at which stage I was told my new number was only lodged with my branch, but not with my internet banking profile (whatever). Anyway I made a call to the internet banking call centre from inside the bank. I was told that my one time password would be sent to my email address(after which I could change it to my cell number). Great.

A few hours later I received a phonecall (which I had not been informed about) asking for personal details, which I refused to answer. I was then told that my profile would not be updated. I tried to phone the bank back but was put on permanent hold.

Since I was already told that my details would be updated, I assumed that the second call was a mix-up. When I next logged into internet banking I fount that my profile WAS STILL NOT UPDATED. And since it was after hours and there was no-one to phone, I couldn't do anything except log into my other bank.

This bank has wasted a lot of my time. STAY AWAY.

Jashmik Sep 16, 2010

Three weeks ago I was mugged at knife point. My cards and ID was taken. I asked Standard Bank for a new card and guess what...they could not give me one because I had SHORT PAID my card by R70.00.

Having finally got my other cards together I transferred R5000.00 yesterday and phoned today to ask for a new card.

Guess what...now I have to wait another 3 days for the transfer to go through, effectively taking 44 days to get a new card under extenuating circumstances!

Is it not possible to start the process on a payment confirmation fax from FNB, after all it is only a card!!

This is my second valid complaint in a month and by the time this is read and commented on by Standard Bank the 3 days will be up...so who wins?

• Ag
    Agennove Sep 17, 2010

I am a Standardbank Customer. I am under debt counseling. Because of this the Standardbank will not re issue an existing credit card. Understandable, but not only was the amount owed paid, the debt counselor over paid leaving the card with a credit balance of plus minus R2700. We call Standardbank, who confirmed the money can be drawn. However, I cannot get my money out of Standardbank come h ell or high water. I have been passed from call center to branch countless time and have spent hours in the branch trying to get my own money.

Standardbank simply cannot or will not resolve the issue. This is bad service but also against the Consumer Protection Act!

• Ug
    Ugrone Sep 21, 2010

I have recently moved from South Africa to the United States but I still have banking to do their via the internet banking system. However, I can no longer receive a One Time Password (OTP) due to my phone no longer working. I have tried to change my OTP method of delivery through the secure, password-protected website and the only way I can do it - YOU GUESSED IT - to have an OTP sent to me!!! This makes absolutely ZERO sense!

I have sent numerous emails to IB Support and have spoken to consultants in both the call centre and Prestige banking. A consultant from Prestige actually told me that he could change it to my current number and that someone would call, but nobody has called me since. I have sent further emails to IB support and they say that I have to call Prestige banking or have my OTP reset. For the past few days, every call I try to make to both Internet banking phone number and the Prestige number have been disconnected, multiple times. I have spent a lot of money and still have gotten no resolution to this problem. This is actually hurting the BANK because I can't conduct business via my online account.

Anotherme Sep 22, 2010

On 1 July 2009 I accidentally tranferred some of my savings into the incorrect beneficiary account. I logged a request first thing on 2 July to have the transaction recalled. On following up (unilaterally) I have either been informed that 'this should be resolved by the end of the week' or 'we are following up with our Johannesburg department' or, according to Ms Govender, 'I don't know what to do'.

Frustratingly, I have now spoken to atleast 4 people to address the query. I have sent two e-mails to the Recall Manager in Johannesburg, with no response, been to a branch to speak to one of the team leaders, and telephonically tried to establish what is going on. To date, I have received no 'straight story' or been advised of the action being taken to resolve the issue.

I am at my wits end and will definitely not recommend Standard Bank to my colleagues particularly those working in International Trade and Transport transactions.

• Wo
    Wotbeer Sep 22, 2010

I received a call from Standard Bank Card Division this morning and had the phone put down on me by Bianca. Are Standard Bank happy that their staff do this? I have banked at Standard Bank for 18 years, also have a current account and home loan through them and don't appreciated having the phone put down on me by some little clerk who has no manners let alone telephone manners.

I'm so angry I'm seriously considering taking my accout to ABSA, I believe they don't treat their clients this way.

• Co
    Constant Sep 24, 2010

I took out a personal loan of R9000 in 2005 for a term of 60months and instalment given was R201. Its been 4yrs and my loan amount is still on over R5000. I spent the entire day on the telephone with customer service, managers, etc querying how its possible for me to owe so much and be finished next year with only paying the agreed instalment amount of R201. I was given so much *** feedback about interested occurring on a monthly, yearly basis and that regardless of the fact that the loan agreement is for 60 months that after that term and the balance is say over R4000 I would still be liable to pay it. So in a nut shell I would be paying back over 100% interest and for an even longer term that what myself and the bank agreed upon. Now I am writing this complaint because there is no way any institution can charge you 100% interest and give you a *** reason on top of it. And yes I defaulted on my account maybe on 2 occasions and even so are you telling me that for 2 months default I have to now pay back more that R4000. I am lost for words!!! I cannot believe that standard bank.. a supposable reputable institution can go on doing this to South Africans!! someone help!!

Majorman Sep 28, 2010

My overdraft was handed over to Anthony Richards Attorneys, I spoke to Mrs October. I have been unemployed for more than 6 months, and told Mrs October the situation, and was told that, 'Standard Bank do not consider unemployment an excuse for non-payment'! You've got to love the understanding of the current economic situation. I can't wait for the recession to end - Standard Bank will never again get a cent from me after this.

• Kh
    khloee13 Sep 28, 2010

You over drafted and never paid it back...at this point they do NOT want you as a customer

• Cr
    Craig Oct 05, 2010

I have never experienced such frustration as i have experienced with Standard Bank in the last 2 months, i have been with them since i was 10 years old, a total of 19 years. 2 months ago i went to change my surname on my accounts as i was recently married, as well as open a cheque account. the sales consultant, Nick, confirmed that my card would be available in 5 working days and i had to mark off all my debit orders on my bank statement so that Standard bank could contact the suppliers to change the bank details for the debit orders. It has now been 2 months, every week i am told i will have the card by the following week, but i still have nothing. I am now headed for the second month of debit orders and i still have no idea which account they will be deducted from. I am at the point of moving all my accounts to another bank.

The branch manager called me back this afternoon, finally, after i left 4 messages and i eventually blew my top on the last message i left, he was barely even polite on the phone and i received not even one apology! I am disgusted!

• Vi
    Vixen1 Dec 21, 2010

I received a call 2 weeks ago from a collection agency, they said that I had been handed over to MBD collections agency on the 30/11/2010 for the amount of R398.00 for a Game card affiliated to Standard Bank. I have not had a game card since 1996 so I was curious, I phoned Game and they have no record of an account in my name and they bank with ABSA not Standard Bank, I phoned Standard bank and they say they have the outstanding balance under my id number outstanding since they think around 2000, or could be about July 1998, I asked them if they could tell me the exact date and if they could tell me what it was for or provide proof of the purchase, they refered me to their Lawyer. I have attempted to contact the Lawyer numerous times and left messages or been on hold for 5/6 min at a time to no avail to sort this issue out. I left south africa in Jan 1996 and only returned to South Africa in 2006, when I left to my knowledge the account was closed with no monies owed. The tracing agency first told me to email them stating this, then I told the supervisor that game does not have any account under my name he then informed me that I need to submit an avidavit to that effect, which costs money and why did the first guy not tell me this? incompetence is unbelieveable. I gave them 1 week to produce the evedence of the transaction and any supporting documentation to which i have received no further comminciation... it has been ignored. Now I know that judgement cannot be passed if older than 3 years but this incompetent idiots dont even know when or what it is for which is very scary as now they can black list me if I do not pay which is blackmail and ilegal... what does one do in this instance???

• Ag
    Agap Jan 11, 2011

I have been with Standard Bank for the last 10 15 years. My accounts are up to date, never missed a payment, but just hit a bad patch and would like to make a loan to consolidate my debts.

My fiance and I run a company - so i get a salary every month which differs as to the work load and profits.
    I have applied for a loan which has now been turned down and i need to produce financials and a papers from my bookkeeper. It has nothing to do with my company i am requesting a personal loan.So I now have to go into the branch like a pesant and beg and plead for a loan from a bank who i have supported for how many years.
    As soon as i have paid off my existing loan i will close all my accounts with STD bank if this is the service they give.

• Ho
    Hobboken Jan 12, 2011

About 3 weeks ago I posted my complaint regarding the terrible service I received from Standard bank, to date my query has not been sorted. I feel like I was just given a call by standard bank to shut me up or at least to make sure that I do not post another complaint.

I was given a call from a lady the day after I posted my complaint who assured me that she would assist me and my problem would be sorted out soon. What has happened since that phone call absolutely nothing all this has done is decrease my faith in Standard bank just when I thought they had redeemed themselves they disappoint me again.

Whats worse is that they promise to call me on a certain day to inform me of the progress what then happens is that I have to call them every time, makes you wonder if they can't keep a promise to call a client back what is it that they can do for their clients.

It saddens me to think that the only time someone will assist you is when you post a complaint on this website, is this what we need to do to get a response out of our banks. My only option now is to seek advice from the banking ombudsman maybe then someone will take me seriously.

• In
    Inasse Jan 13, 2011

I Changed bank accounts 6 months ago. I let Standard bank know via email to change my new bank account details. Got a response back to say that all is in order. Now all of a sudden my bank account details on my debit order is not right. The branch code for my new bank is my new account no. What must I do. now my account is in arrears and who will be paying the interest on the account. ME!!! Because it is the clients duty to update his profile, and I did!!! The call center lady that phoned me at 7h30pm did not even apologise because they ******* up. People, get away from Standard Bank. By the rate that they go on every body will be blacklisted before the end of the year!!!

• Ri
    Rimbane Jan 20, 2011

IN December 2009 I closed my RCP account as well as gave up my overdraft facility on my current account. Since then, the automatic payments to pay the RCP account (although I have not owed money on this facilityin over a year) continue to go off my current account and apart from that, I am getting chnarged for each stop order processed. I am also being charged a service fee for my oderdraft facility that no longer exists. I have immegrated to the United States about 7 years ago and with the time difference it is hard to contact Standard Bank continually to resolve issues that they are responsible for.

• In
    Indure Feb 03, 2011

So you become a Prestige client and are promised access to dedicated personal prestige bankers dedicated personal portfolio management blah blah blah. All marketing gimmick!

As my experience was the past weekend, my 'Personal banker' introduced herself to me for the first time in 3 years of being a Prestige client, two weeks ago when I sent a secure message via the internet to change postal address - Dedicated client. Not so Dedicated banker.

Upon visiting my branch to meet with the 'Personal Banker' - the disassociation was clear when she referred in discussion to 'The Bank' as if she does not represent nor work for Standardbank. De-Motivated perhaps? Which is understandable, in my whole discussion, she had to refer 23 times to other departments who hide behind the telephone - my question is why is the 'Personal Banker' there then - I could have phoned myself.

For the entire experience and waste of time Prestige Banking scores a big fat ZERO - it means nothing special, they charge you every month and when you ask them to do a bit of work for the fees they charge it is an effort and I was asked in a very impatient voice 'WHAT DO YOU WANT THE BANK TO DO?' - Un-involved.

• Gw
    Gwen Feb 09, 2011

Last year July i closed my account with Standard Bank! This month i still received an account statement, now it has gone into overdaft, something i never applied for! I have spoke to several at Standard Bank and nobody want to help me! My ref no is 0717521 & 13314875 i have even sent a secure message asking them to close it nothin has happend! Not sure why these people even have so people working in their call centre when no body can help me! I am tired of Standard Bnak and having to phone after them!

• Al
    Alenafer Feb 10, 2011

I received a mail saying that money has been transferrred via my internet banking account. An amount of R25000.I immediately went downstairs to the bank.They say they have to wait to see where the money has gone, i filled out forms and got them faxed.By that time, the money will really be gone.You security is obviously pathetic.I only use my work machine, and my home machine. No public access machines are used.This is absolutely pathetic service, and this is my hard earned money that my wife and I have been saving for years.Your call center doesnt help. I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW!!! I want someone at standard bank to do their job and sort this out NOW!!!

• Su
    Sudove Feb 13, 2011

I have requested vehicle finance to delay a debit order as I know it will not go off. The call centre agent then informed me that they need 7 working days to change this, in this day and age this is not acceptable. Then I asked if I can terminate my debit order and pay manually on a monthly basis, to this they have said it is not allowed. I dont understand this as does it really matter how the account gets paid, it is more important that it gets paid. I am sick and tired of having to pay R115 because of incompetence and unwillingness to assist, The motto moving forward should be changed to moving backwards.

• Cl
    Clencios Feb 22, 2011

Considering that I've been a client for 20 odd years, I'd think that I'd get SOME sort of service.

I get a letter stating that I should apiply for a new titanium credit card due to its great benefits to me. So the following day I apply online with a confirmation that I will be contacted within 24 hours. Two business days later, and still NOTHING.

I'm amazed at how you can send me junk mail all the time, but as soon as I DO request service, I get none?!? What is wrong with you?

• Ca
    Caron Botha Apr 12, 2011

Dear Standard Bank – Ref 18715148
    I am incensed at your handling of my complaint. I withdrew R1000, and the machine gave me R400. After misinformation and countless phone calls to you, I was told to go to a branch, which I did, filled in the forms and was told the matter would be resolved in 2 days. I received an email this afternoon stating that I was wrong, the machine was right, and you will not refund my R600?
    I am a teacher, and although R600 may not seem much to you, it is A LOT of money to me. I would not have spent 2 weeks chasing this money if I wasn’t being honest.
    Here is what I plan to do:
    1. I am going to move my current account to a competitor
    2. My husband will do the same
    3. We will move our credit cards from Standard to another company
    4. As soon as feasibly possible we will move our bond account too.
    Our bank fees alone are in excess of R300. Add the interest of the bond, and it makes the R600 seem like a small amount. I will not bank with you again, my family, my kids, and their kids too will NEVER use standard bank again.
    You didn’t even have the decency to call me? Continue to treat your clients like this; it is a great way to herd them out the door!

Caron Botha

• Ka
    kashiefa Oct 26, 2011

I settled my loan account on the 30th of august already, Standard bank still debit from my account on the 24th of september, I complained on their customer care number, I went into the bank twice, I spoke to probably 10 different consultants, no one knows how to close my account as I do not bank with standard bank but with Absa. This month they debit from my account again!!! Still no one can assist me, its been two months already!!!I will never open an account with standard bank again, every time I have to stand in lines at the bank and I'm almost 7 months pregnant!!!for an error that wasn't even mine. why can't they just close my account, and compensate my money that doesn't belong to them!!!.I am so disgusted!!!

• Vr
    Vrimkole Jun 03, 2016

I really hate to be threatened by anyone, the guy who called me today around 4:40 if it were up to me i would fire him on the spot for threatening the banks clients, he has no respect, at point blank he forced me to take hollards insurence, when i told him i was still shopping around, i dont want hollard, he kept on forcing me, on womens month threatening a woman, up told me that the bank will take its car, who the hell he is? i do not appreciate bieng threatened by anyone especially if i'm contributing to his salary, i know how to threaten too!! for instance, non perfoming loans has fallen from 0.75 percent to 0.44 percent, so far i have been paying my loans, am not in arrears, i'm within the 0.44 percent meaning i'm still contributing to the well bieng of the bank, so can i pls not be tested, cause i can do one of the following thing's, (a) stop paying for the car until you come and reposses it, (B) go under credit review or administration and who is going to loose? thats your gues not mine, that ***** must be revied or he will cost the bank its clientelle, i'm not going to pay for hollard, kill if you want or arrest me!!! the ***** refused to tell his name.

• Er
    Eroppo Jul 12, 2016

One the 4th of January I phoned Standard Bank homeloans and asked them to change the date of my debit order for my house bond. The tenant in the house said he would pay his rent on the 10th of January, to allow for the cash flow implication I phoned Standar Bank and asked them to change the debit order date of my bond to the 12th of January for this month, I would then personally change the date back for the following months.
    the lady on the other side of the line confirmed that she changed the date on my debit order after she confirmed it with her team leader.

tonight on the 6th of January I get an sms that shows the debit order went off today, now I'm stuck with a negative bank balance because of Standard Bank's incompetence!!!

If this is your idea of customer service I will gladly move my bond to Absa!!

• Kh
    khloee13 Jul 12, 2016

did you have the debit set up thru your mortgage company? If you did...legally the bank can not change it. I

• Su
    Sullimat Jul 12, 2016

On the 26 August 2009, Standard bank debitted my account for R1000. I was not aware of this debit order and did not budget for this. I am a widow and receiving a pension, I recently surrended my vehicle which I was unable to paid. When the gentlemen took the vehicle, he did not state the conditions he was taking the vehicle, when the bank informed me (the vehicle will be sold at an auction and the balance payable by myself, also I did not receive any correspondence from the bank stating I owe this amount of money and I will be debit. If this was explained to me, I would have kept the vehicle and made arrangement to pay, I am now blacklisted and owing this amount...I have other committments, this is not fair for a debit order to go through and not receive any correspondance regarding this order. The lady at the JHB call centre was very rude and unhelpful...Is this how standard bank respects the elderly.

• Of
    Offshos Jul 12, 2016

I always pay my car over the counter at standard bank the reason for this is becuase they once debited my account twice while they were trying to take their vehicle amount from my account and then I told them to never debit my account again. I am actually supposed to pay my car on the 25 of every month and which I do every month and when I make my payments I normally do them on the ATM. Standard bank consultant always harrasses me saying that they did not receive my payment for the vehicle and i dont know why do they always say that while i pay every day. They would call me and even sent me an sms telling me that I have not paid, while I know very well that i have paid. I am even thinking of changing my vehicle account to another bank where i will be treated fairly cause it looks like standard bank like harassing people for things that do not make sense.

• Ah
    Ahkloe Aug 10, 2016

My Boyfriend (a prestige banker) went to go and collect his new credit card. Unfortunately we were send to the wrong place (by a consultant over the phone) and ended up at the service centre in Cresta. There we wasted 20 minutes of our time as we had been directed to the wrong place and had to pay R 3, 00 for parking unnecessarily ( are you going to refund us on this one Standard Bank?) We then went to an overcrowded Northcliff branch which had hundreds of customers, closed tellers and no aircon. Being a prestige banker and after so much hassle, my boyfriend was moved to the pensioners queue (with no one behind him) by Ronnie one of the managers. When he got to the front NDUMI NGOBA refused to serve him! Even after Ronnie instructed her to! He eventually got his card after much sulking and fighting (in front of other customers) and mutterings from NDUMI NGOBA. We told her that we would report her and she said in a rude voice: 'Fine!' What the hell Standard Bank? Is this how your prestige customers are treated? Management makes a decision and your staff don't cooperate! Never before have we been so disgusted! Everyone will hear about this and NDUMI NGOBA, we have never met anyone as rude as you!

• Mi
    millies Aug 24, 2016

I have a personal loan with standard bank, so last months it didn't debit cause I didn't have money, so I phone them and ask them to debit twice wen I get paid this months, they told. Me is not possible for them to debit twice, that I must make a deposit in the bank, on the 12 december I go to the bank and deposit money, on the 13 I got paid they deducted the money, on the 17 someone deposited the money on my account and they debited again, how am I going to survive until end january, they must return one payment cause my family wil suffer,

• Ip
    Ippare Aug 25, 2016

I bought airtime via cellphone banking, it didnt go through but the amount was DEDUCTED from my account, that was thr R25.00 cell-c, i bought two of those and then later on, i bought the R30.00 MTN airtime and still it didnt go through and again money was DEDUCTED.I am so fusrated and very very angry @ the same time because those two amounts make up R85.00 and its a whole lot of money.This was the reference number i was given REF:14715664.It doesnt look like anything is being done about this.I want that money back in my account or i want the airtime and after that has been done.I NEVER WANNA USE CELLPHONE BANKING AND IM THINKING OF CHANGING FROM STANDARD BANK TO ANY OTHER BANK!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices