Having problems with SpiceJet?

+1 416 323 9898 (Canada, Toronto)
+1 905 671 8400 (Canada, Mississauga)
+61 130 088 9195 (Australia & New Zealand)
+93 795 484 848 (Afghanistan)
+93 795 494 949 (Afghanistan)
+88 29 891 289 (Bangladesh)
+88 29 890 624 (Bangladesh)
+960 332 3069 (Maldives)
+94 479 0300 (Sri Lanka)
+66 22 779 000 (Thailand)
+971 43 965 186 (UAE, Dubai)
+971 65 505 853 (UAE, Sharjah)
+971 26 770 678 (UAE, Abu Dhabi)
+971 26 760 900 (UAE, Abu Dhabi)
+91 987 180 3333 (India, Reservations)
+91 965 400 3333 (India, Reservations)
+88 184 402 7481 (Bangladesh)
319, Udyog Vihar, Phase IV, Gurgaon

House №713, Street № 10, Wazir Akbar Khan Main Road, Kabul, Afghanistan

Bangladesh
Taj Cassilina (1st floor), 25 Gulshan Avenue, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

Kuwait
Office № 603 - Block B, Souk Al Kabir Building, Fahad Al Salem Street, Kuwait City, Kuwait

Maldives

Darwish Airline Bldg, New Salata, P.O.Box 737, Doha, Qatar

Sri Lanka
Jetwing House 1, 46/26 Navam Mawatha, Colombo 02, Sri Lanka

Thailand
446/2, 1st Floor, Soi 20 Mituna 11, Pracharatbumpen Road, Huay Kwang, Bangkok 10310 Thailand

United Arab Emirates

Abu Dhabi
Burj Al Saadiyat Building, Electra Street, Opp ADCB Head Office, Abu Dhabi

Complaints & Reviews

Attachey bag broken

I have travelled from Muscat to Ahmedabad vide Flight No. SG0062 dated 15th May 2015 of Spice jet. When I...

Muscat Airlines

Giving trouble

Dear sir,
I have booked a flight ticket from
Rajahmundry to Bangalore on 19/04/2015 they have just informed me very simply that your flight is cancelled and just to call to customer care for any reference.but when we call to customer care they have charged huge sum of amount on call that too without any confirmation and even without customer satisfaction and they people have not provided any other source.They have made me trouble and Please take necessary actions. This is not the first time I'm travelling sir you can even check with my Name Rohit Jain for the current journey my PNR-EERHFB.Please sort this problem with as soon as possible.

Giving trouble

RESCHEDULING OF TICKTS

Rescheduling of flights by you which was booked for January 2015 and February 2015 vide PNR no.G78 SGJ, PNR SBJVGN and PNR NO.A8M7PT
Sir,
I have made an agreement with you to fly in spice jet airlines and booked the following tickets which now after rescheduling the flights by you are not suitable to me as I can not take the onwards flight in spice jet to Amritsar because the arrival in Delhi from Kolkata is much later as the flight from Delhi to Amritsar leaves much earlier. The detail of booking and re scheduling is given here below;-
1. PNR G78 SGJ BOOKED THREE TICKETS IN THE NAME OF NARESH TUTEJA ASHA TUTEJA AND MEGHA KHANNA ON 30.09.2014 for travel on 30th Jan 2015 by SPICE JET FLIGHT SG 105 LEAVING KOLKATA AT 3.10 PM AND REACHING DELHI AT 5.30 PM. I ALSO BOOKED TWO TICKETS ON 2.9.2014 VIDE PNR- SBJVGN FOR Naresh Tuteja and Asha Tuteja from Delhi to Amritsar for 7 PM vide flight no. SG 2515. Now the flight to Amritsar can not be taken as your flight will leave much earlier from Delhi to Amritsar as compared to flight reaching Delhi to Kolkata. You have not informed me about the change in my schedule of my tickets and now I suggest and request you that I may be booked for 31st January 2015 from Delhi to Amritsar vide flight no SG-2515 Leaving Delhi 2.30 pm . The tickets are in the name of NARESH TUTEJA AND ASHA TUTEJA which were issued by you vide PNR NO. SBJVGN for 30th Jan2015 leaving at 7 pm
You are requested to issue the tickets under the revised schedule so that I can take the flights accordingly. The matter is very urgent and the action may please be taken at the earliest our email id is [protected]@pcmehrandco.com

cancellin of ticket

dear sir I booked a ticket through spicejet on 19th july from mmaldives to delhi.
as I was leaving the country for good . I clearly issued the boarding pass from the counter of spicejet, as I reached to the immigration they said you need the letter from immigation from maldives . they didn't permitt me to go . and I was stucked as I was
going for good, now unable to go, problem where to stay. I requested spicejet office to cancel my ticket or change it to another day, but they didn't . i feel if any passanger
unable to fly, then they should adjust the tickt with some penality, y all money wasted these spicejet office of maldives loting the passangers in such way . ridiculous?

reschedule of flight

spice jet reschedule my up and dn flight so, my all, up- word journey disturbed.
who is responsible for such irresponsible behavior.?
i have booked my ticketing in 72days in advance.now, i am in such a bad shape, if i go for re booking i have to pay 3time more com-pair to my original booking.
i feel i am cheated by airline, they have planed to make money in such a way that all passenger leave their seat and vacant their booking,
air line asking for cancellation charge too.
pl help me to get compensation
i am seeking help to get return ticket as per original schedule. so, i can maintain my schedule of My connecting journey to Delhi-Ahmedabad.
my Pnr No is : VB2PEL
booked on 12th march, 2012.

kinna shah May 21, 2012

today i have checked the current rate for same journey for same flight is Rs.10, 399.00 infact i have booked for 6200.00
    i think if the airlinne change the timiing for serious reason. thay should composate at current rate.

baggage damage

I boarded a spicejet flight from Bagdogra to Delhi on 9/11/11 - SG885. My first issue was the ground staff at Bagdogra who told me i couldn't have my choice of seating as the flight was via guwahati. I tried to explain 5 times that it is a direct flight but I finally gave up. Secondly, upon reaching home in Delhi, I noticed that the handle of my samsonite suitcase was broken. In the years that I have had it and the numerous flights I have taken it has never ever broken. up till now. I stay fifteen minutes from the airport. I called spicejet and informed them. And they told me they would lodge a complaint. The reply I got was that I should have made a complaint at the airport itself and it is now not applicable for reimbursement. My suitcase handle is at the side of the luggage and it flips inside. It does not stick out so it isn't visible till you try to drag it. Secondly, since it goes inside it doesn't break easily either until spicejet got its hands on it. It is so sad to see that customers of spicejet are treated so poorly. And how this mistreatment gets translated onto your poor luggage. At all airports most people tend to pick their luggage and leave asap, I have never inspected my luggage because most airlines do not damage your suitcase. I assumed that Spicejet would realise the rationality of this. But as I have noticed, this is not so with spicejet.
Spicejet reminds me of deccan airlines and the bad services it used to render. Hopefully someone decides to buy over this airline too and improve it. With the numerous budget airlines in the market now, I hope spicejet realises that people do not show loyalty for airlines. The only thing that differentiates airlines nowdays is not the price anymore, it is how people are treated. I for one, will definately avoid all dealings with spicejet. I hope people reading this who do travel especially on spicejet to check their luggage properly before leaving the airport. Because this company does not care about you or your luggage, just your money.

compensation regarding the delay of flight

I have booked two tickets (PNR –A3MPEN) from Srinagar to Hyderabad by Spicejet on 05/03/2011, the Scheduled Departure of the Flight SG 239 is 07:50 PM from Delhi to Hyderabad, but the SG 239 was departed at 09:45 PM and reached Hyderabad at 00:00 on 06/03/2011 because of the delay I could not attend the Important Meeting at Vijayawada. On 06/03/2011.and also paid an amount of Rs.35/ per Km from AIR port to RTC Bus stand and I missed the reserved Bus of Vijayawada and also forced to stay at Hyderabad. . Because of the Flight SG239 I got a great loss.I request that the compensation may be given accordingly.
P.Lakshmana Kumar babu
[protected] [protected]

Non Redund & Cheating

I have booked a return ticket on SpiceJet with Booking Reference Reservation Number : T8R1EL
Mumbai to Delhi SG 136 Feb 11, 2011
Delhi to Mumbai SG 109 Feb 21, 2011

On Feb 20th I wanted to cancel Delhi to Mumbai SG 109 and called up the customer service but they refused to cancel on the ground that it is a return ticket and second leg of the journey can't be cancelled because I have already completed first leg of journey. Customer service flatly refused to refund or issue a credit voucher, not even for the UDF of Delhi Airport.

This condition is nowhere mentioned on the ticket printout. This is clearly a cheating on behalf of SpiceJet.

Naresh Gupta
+91-[protected]

kinna shah May 21, 2012

i do agree, spice-jet don't care for their passenger.
    it is most 3rd class airline i have seen in my last 20 years of international and domestic air travel.
    we are with u pl take this to all consumer foram and authority so, people will come to know and boycote such airline.
    rgds,

• Fe
    feelamil May 22, 2012

23 May 2012 proved a complete shame for Spicejet Airline. Spicejet offer on 7th Anniversary proved fake. Spicejet played foul with people. I tried continuously on spicejet website and spicejet call centre to book a ticket on Delhi- Srinagar sector but all in vain. Spicejet website was getting unresponsive and the call centre guys were unable to provide reservation.

What a shame spicejet

Flight no. SG913 from Jaipur to Ahmedabad (22nd Aug'10)

To,

The Chairman

SpiceJet Ltd.

Dear Sir,

With this email i would like to bring to your kind attention the misbehaviour

done by your staff member with the Passengers and His Holiness Sant Shri

Asaramji Bapu.

The referred incident occured on flight SG913 from Jaipur to Ahmedabad which was

delayed by 3.50 Hrs due to some technical snag.

His Holiness Sant Shri Asaramji Bapu was also travelling in the same flight

along with other passengers. Due to the technical glitch there was a delay in

departure of the flight. For 3.50 Hrs Passengers were stranded within the

aircraft without water or food and neither passengers were being given any

Estimated time of departure. This led to unrest amongst passengers.

Sant Shri tried to calm down the passengers. However limits were crossed when

the Pilot of the said flight came out of the cockpit and misbehaved with His

Holiness. He said objectionable words to the saint and insulted him. When people

protested against the pilot's behaviour, he went back into the cockpit.

This is your company primary responsibility to take care of passengers in the

event of flights getting delayed and provide them with basic neccessities like

water and food. Above all, such incidents of misbehaviour are not something

expected out of reputed Airlines like yours.

We condemn the incident and demand an investigation into the matter and suitable

disciplinary action taken against the erring pilot. Also an apology should be

extended to His Holiness Sant Shri Asaramji Bapu as soon as possible. His

Holiness, Shri Bapuji is a respected Saint of India and is followed by millions

across the world. This Incident has deeply hurt their followers. I on behalf

millions of followers of Bapuji request you to take suitable action and extend

an apology to the revered saint.

Expecting a timely action from your end.

Thanks and Regards
AJit

• We
    Wertcraft Jul 13, 2010

I was at the airport before 40 mins that at 5.40pm and after baggage xray by the time I reached the counter at around 5.50 they were in process of closing the counter and putting the placard of counter closed. I was refused and straight away told that your ticket is now NO show as it is all printed in the eticket the clause of forfieture if you are late than 30 mins prior departure. As if they were waiting to get us trapped, but aboarding pass with seat no.2a was given at around 6.10pm to a lady passenger by the samre person who was refusing us. They did not listen to any of my request there were more than 4 or 5 passengers all in total. In no wher in the world can they forfiet the money without giving service.

• Mi
    Mishkole Jul 20, 2010

I have booked the flight ticket from mumbai to delhi on 14/JAN/2017, the departure time showed as 1:45 hrs, which i understood as 1:45 PM and i missed the flight. As the Indian mentality of viewing the clock is of 12 Hrs clock and not 24 Hrs clock.I was not the only passenger who was caught in the situation, but there we also few.They didnt refund any money but they didnt care to help us to solve the situation.

• Di
    divs20 Jul 20, 2010

I had to board my flight at 15:25 on 13 June, 10 from Delhi to Hyderabad. After reaching airport at 1300hrs with my parents I went to the waiting room. I asked the person sitting at the customer service desk if the flight is on time and I was told that my flight has been delayed and is at 17:30 now. I asked him, why didn't they inform beforehand if such thing is going to happen. But anyways we waited there till 1600hrs and when I went for check in, the lady told me that my flight has already gone. I was trying to tell them that all the displays in the waiting room as well as the main airport display is showing the flight time as 17:30. They didnot agree and told me to take refund which I refused to take. Then they said thy'll arrange for some connecting flight via mumbai. I ahd to agree as I didn't have any other choice. The senior person present on the spot spoke very rudely with my father too. After fighting for about 45 minutes, they told me that my flight in which I actually had to go didnot take off and is still in Delhi airport due to some technical fault. Though they gave me the same flight in which I'd to travel, but their behaviour is really not acceptable. Also, when I boarded the flight the captain announced that flight had been delayed due to bad weather condition and he didnot say anything about any technical fault because there wasn't any technical fault. I agree, Indigo is way better than others.

• Fe
    Feelingbad Jul 21, 2010

I had booked tickets for my wife and son (3.5 yrs) to fly on SpiceJet flight 0S-216 on 3-May from Bangalore to New Delhi. PNR details : FBQ5ER.

The flight was scheduled for 17:10. On 1-May, someone called and said the flight is delayed to 19:10. Then on 3-May, at 15:00 someone called and said the flight is leaving on time. It was a great rush to get to the airport in time. The flight was delayed to take off at 17:40.

My wife and son checked in and got their boarding passes. They went through security check and were waiting in the lounge. There was no one to tell them the status of the flight. My son has to use the toilet and in the 10 min that my wife and son were in the toilet within the security check area, the airlines claimed to have made announcements, and deplaned their baggage and the flight took off. They had the mobile number of wife to call/page her but they did not. Removing luggage for a loaded plane is atleast a 30 min activity so I think they never loaded it in the first place.

The duty manager who refused to give his name was very rude to my wife, shouted at her and shunted both of them out of the airport. He refused to put her on the next flight to Delhi via Ahmedabad at 19:45. When I got back to the airport at 18:15 pm, he refused to come and talk to me either in person or on their wireless set. After a lot of back & forth with the lady at the counter, they made me pay the differential for full fare and only then put them on the next flight to Delhi.

I have the boarding passes with me to prove their incompetence and high handedness. I think they have singled out my wife and son since we had bought the tickets online for a pretty low price and I think they wanted to make more money.

I have complained via the web and when I call their helpdesk number, it is only for booking and nothing else.

• Is
    Ishan Aug 23, 2010

This kinda behavior is shocking..a private company is known for its service and if we see this who will now fly with spicejet

Spicejet consigns flight safety to the dustbin - overloads domestic flight SG 103 Delhi to Mumbai on 2nd June 2010

Copy of email sent to the CEO of Spicejet Airlines on the series of incident on flight SG103 Delhi to Mumbai on 2nd June 2010

To:
Sanjay Aggarwal
CEO
Spicejet

I am sending this mail to you and simultaneously copying The Honourable Minister for Civil Aviation Shri Praful Patel; Secretary, MOCA; important functionaries in the DGCA; important business groups; alumni mail lists; digital and print media; friends and relations. Your company must be exposed and held responsible for sacrificing safety for profit so soon after the worst aviation accident in Indian history at Mangalore.

Your airline today seriously compromised on flight safety and made it personal for me as my family is on this flight SG 103 Delhi to Mumbai on the 2nd June 2010. To make sure you believe the seriousness of this mail and don’t dismiss it as a crank mail my complete contact address is below, I am also happy to share the booking reference with any agency which wishes to enquire into this. Also the flight will soon land in Mumbai and I am sure the passengers who were eye-witnesses have their own to add to this.

This is not about the fact that a flight which was supposed to depart at 12:15 hours is still sitting on the tarmac at 16:45 hours as I write this or the fact that this delay was caused by “technical snags” in the aircraft (as told by your ground staff). That is a dismal thing to say the least and another matter all together

This is about basic aviation safety.

I am sure you will see the uproar later today on TV, and social media sites as photos and videos get uploaded on how Spicejet created a first in aviation history by boarding about 20 extra passengers on flight SG 103. In fact I am told by my wife who is on this flight, as I write this, that even after de-boarding several passengers the flight is about to leave by making small children who are NOT infants and who bought and should have been allotted separate seats in the plane; to sit in their parents laps without the mandatory seatbelts.

Shame on you sir and your employees for running a “banana” airlines giving India and its hard working people a bad name.

I look forward to the Ministry of Civil Aviation instituting a full fledged enquiry against your airline for violating basic flight safety norms !

Regards
Sandeep Srivastava

Refund of cancelation

Hi,

Please look in this urgently.

I booked a ticket from Delhi to Hyderabad for the 28th of oct 2009 FROM CLEARTRIP.
TRIP ID-[protected] FOR SPICEJET, 237.
PNR -Q1E5AQ.

Later i preponed my tickets TO 26th of Oct 2009 from through Spicejet customer care.

PNR-Q1E5AQ

Later due to some emergency i need to cancel my trip.
My tickets were cancelled and the refund was also made.
BUT PLEASE NOTE, NOT THE TOTAL REFUND.
The refund amount which was given to me was as per the 1st booking.
When i changed my booking for 26th oct, then the ticket price had increased and i paid the extra increased amount along with 750 rs for rescheduling.

I have yet not recieved the extra amount.
I called up multiple times to the customer care but each time they promised me to call back and settle down the issue.

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS URGENTLY.
Please note i am as if now out of country, so ypu can drop me a mail for the same.

Ankita.

unauthorised calls

6 months before i received a call from Spicejet- customer care, bangalore office. They said you are selected as a privilage customer in a lucky draw, so we will going to issue Cr Card for you with joint venture with SBI. (related to my last travel with them) Then they ask my personal details and promise me to send a person to collect my ID proof for issue the card. Till now nobody comes for that. ( They called twice & did the same thing). I hv sent a enquiry mail to the airlines, but no reply.

Unhelpful attitude of Spice Jet towards customers

I had booked return flt tkt from Mumbai-Hyderabad-Mumbai in the first week of Jan. After reaching Hyderabad, I recd an urgent call from my employer and had to travel abroad from Hyderabad.

I cancelled my return ticket Hyderabad-Mumbai (PNR-YP14BE, 2 adults and one infant, 04th Jan morning flt) through internet (Spice Jet website). I recd a confirmation stating status of ticket as refund pending and showing refund amount. As I was sure that ticket has got cancelled and after returning I wated to rebook another ticket in Spice Jet and asked company to adjust refund amount in my new booking - Spice Jet is simply refusing saying that my ticket was not cancelled and they will not refud the money. Despite trying to contact their customer care, they have been very rude and not willing to help and co-operate.
I had sent them scanned copy of confirmation which I got after cancelling the ticket adn also tkt booking copy. Cancellation confirmation clearly shows refund amount and pending status. Spice Jet has simply said that cancellation process was not completed and they will not refund money or credit same for another booking.

This is very disgusting and unhelpful attitude of this airline and I feel to protect customers interest this airline should be made to realise that they need a more reasonable approach while dealing with customers grievanes to customers faith alive in them.

This is a very sad experience I had with Spice Jet and would recommend airline passengers to avoid Spice Jet as far as possible

Please suggest how to make Spice Jet undrstand customers troubles.

Fraud and scam

SPICEJET, a no frills airline eat up travel agents money in following way:

1] Take deposit from Travel agents and make their Web Log- In ID non- functional and compel travel agent to book with their call center and charge them a call center service fee of INR 50 per sector per passenger.

2] No one can know about senior management and can not approach senior management for any issue and no one from lower posts would revert to public.

3] Call center people will keep on hold to the clients and customers for hours and days and weeks and months and years.

4] They have a perfect way to fraud public.

SPICEJET MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO COME FORWARD AND TAKE SOME ACTION AGAINST THEIR CORRUPT SALES STAFF AS THEY OBTAIN COMMISSION FROM FEW CONSOLIDATORS AND AVOID DIRECT CUSTOMERS AND CLIENTS.

kinna shah May 21, 2012

what do u think? the fraud is done by top management by using call center people.
    i have checked so, many fraud activity done by them.
    1. cheating by reschedule.book ticket in advance say 2-3 months, once they get money they reschedule the flight so, 50% will make cancellation .so, they make money for cancellation. the amouncment done just when few days left.
    diffrent of rate is 3time more form prior bokkinng and current.
    further they also not refuning money when u go for cancellation of one trip when u have booked round trip.
    we have u unite and take this to consumer forum
    rgds,

Missing luggage

My wife traveled by the Spicejet flight SG 504 (PNR #UFKKEA) on 29.05.2008 from Bangalore to Delhi. On arrival at Delhi airport, much to our consternation, we found that one piece of luggage - a Black Strolley (brand name: Forecast) with contents worth Rs 18000/- was missing. After lodging a complaint (CR/19056/2008), we proceeded to our tourist destination which was the very next day. After returning to Delhi, we found out that we have been issued a cheque for a paltry (or should i say 'princely') sum of Rs 3000/- for the same! We have no clue regarding the luggage but we don't intend to take it lying down.

• De
    Deepinder Sohal Jun 09, 2008

Hi, (Conf#wdcpla, SG 109, 9TH JUNE)
    Reached at 8.30am at your counter in Gate #2.Flight sg109 for mumbai on 9th June08.During the security check-in i said its bad weather in mumbai can you book me for a later flight for Mubai.Ms Kavita said ok and aske d me to waitand agreed to help without any reference for any xtra's to be paid .As I was waiting for Ms Kavita to help after she finishes the mumbai q.Then Ms Prabjot came in and she was askng for any mumbai passengers.I told her that i;ll be taking the later flight today, as i had to be back on Wednesday and couldn;t take a chance of getting stuck in the monsoons. She said thats not possible and either way whether today or on 10th June i;ll have to pay Rs750 and price difference .I SAID I WAS ON TIME AND MS KAVITA IS THERE HELPING ME OUT& ASKED ME TO WAIT SO THAT SHE CAN CLEAR THE MUMBAI Q.Then she said whether later today and or tommorrow you;ll pay the cancellations and the price diff.That was ridiculous.I spoke to another lady in spicejet room behind the security checkin.She said its tooo late now and both for today and tomorrow you'll need to pay.Thats some cust-care. Itswas 10am that time.But that lady called me on my mobile after 15-20 mins as i got a call on my mobile, as i hadby mistake left my wallet on her table, WHICH WAS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.(MY CELL RECORDS PROVE THIS).I caught a CAB FOR GURGOAN AND REACHED HOME AND AFTER AN hOUR I SPOKE WITH MS pRIYANKA REG THIS AND SHE SAID BY Then I WAS A NOSHOW AND THEY CANNOT DO NOTHING BUT REFUND RS 225 AS DISCURTEOUS ALLOWANCE.NO SHOW ARE ENTITLED TO THAT.
    One thing is for sure even if i get a free ticket to SPICEJET i;ll prefer walking all the way than boarding this.Also a refund will be appreciated or we meet in the court.
    Choice is yours.
    Regards,
    Deepinder

TATA AIG SPICE JET JOING RACKET?

I bought 3 spice jet tickets on the net Bangalore delhi bangalore.
At the time of purchase I was offered what I thought was a very useful domestic travel insurance covering much dreaded oft occurring events of travel on these budget airlines like ,Trip Interruption,Trip Cancellation,Baggage Loss-Checked,Flight Delay,Common Carrier Delay,etc(http://www.spicejet.com/tata_aig_productdescription.asp) in collaboration (collusion?) with TATA AIG .

Spice did not transport us as scheduled on Bangalore to Delhi for their own operational reasons.
The best they gave us was "Credit" refund for that and a credit shell for the return journey, though they had received the entire amount as cash. I tried recovering the amounts confident ( totally misplaced as it turns out to be) that the Great name and reputation TATA AIG
would refund the amounts under Trip Interruption,Trip Cancellation. Since September through umpteen emails to all levels at both spice and Tata.
Now come the worms out of the internet woods- as exclusions in the 27 page 190 kb policy wordings which no one checks when the product description is so attractive-.
The email link to domestic travel insurance at Tata has demised, You guessed right, they have not paid. Worse odds than Las vegas roulette tables.
No one would have bought this touched the policy with a barge pole but for the TATA name in the policy.

BEWARE even the great TATA reputation is no guarantee of fair play or justice.

We Indians are deeply Sorry that even youTATAs had to eventually succumb to these little rackets to make little money-?Rs.385/-to be exact and sacrifice your reputation?

• Rd
    rdx1003 Jan 17, 2008

Tata is the biggest con company in India, It makes quick money from their own brethren, offering substandard products and services.
    Tell me one product or service that they are good for....

Tata Indica? Indigo? Titan watches? Tata Indicom? Nano?.

They also make substandard steel, the only thing they are good at making.

Do not waste your precious liquid by even pissing on them.

Cheating customers for refund

I had to cancel a ticket with Spice jet which resulted in Rs 10000 sitting in the account with Spicejet. When I tried to book another ticket using this amount, they asked me for Rs 2400 more than the fare available online for the same ticket saying that thats the way their system works!

I was told that I could only use my refund amount by booking over the phone (some thing that one is not made aware while purchasing the ticket). The phone rate was Rs 400 more than the online rate available at the same time!! Over 6 tickets (3 each way) I would end up paying 2400 extra.

Repeated complaints to the customer service has yielded no resolution as the agents have no authority to resolve any complain. So, I can kiss Rs 10000 goodbye. Or shell out extra money to fly spicejet... not worth the pain they have given me.

Bad decision to book with them. Will suggest everyone to be very careful while flying with Spicejet if they don't want to be cheated of their hard earned money.

• Ni
    Nihar Feb 23, 2009

Even they cheated me with my bookings as well. It just worth Rs.2700 but its not about money its all about service. When i asked to book it for 28th then the executive made a mistake and booked it for 20th. Now i understand the pronounciation are almost the same but they are not ready to accept their mistake and now noone is listening for my complaint and said they have closed my complaint. So Spicejet service is the worstest one of all the airlines. I will suggest not to fly with Spicejet. Also the same thing when i cancelled my ticket previously at that time they didn't mention to me that if i want to book my ticket again using the provided code then i have to call them up, can't use it online. Really bad!!!

• Rg
    rgriya Aug 11, 2009

we want to cancle our tickets, will they refund our money or not ...

rajeev_ag Aug 14, 2009

I was booked on Spice Jet to travel from Banglore to New Delhi on the 12th August 2009. CPPYEN was my PNR code.

First of all the flight got delayed by 3 hours, and then it was cancelled. Finally after a lot of haggling we were re-booked on another flight to New Delhi.

Then when we reached Delhi Airport, we were forced to wait 90 minutes for the luggage. There was not a single spice jet executive there to take control or explain the delay or apologize. A 2 /12 hour journey turned into an 7 hour ordeal for us.

I will never travel by Spice Jet again and advise any one else reading to do the same.

Sami_035 Feb 19, 2010

Yeah, me too same case it was 23 Jan 2008. Our Honeymoon trip(Blr-Delhi). and after all the resheduling and stuff, when we land at the air port, for our 5 pm flight, confusion alore!!! the seat allocation system is not working the people (a guy and a lady) on the exterme left apologise and say we will accomadate you, I get my seat allocated. Wola!!! think thats the end of the drama? Not a chance, the stupid staff forget to allocate a seat to my wife, we have to come running from the security checkpoint cause of that. Now the real trouble start, we board the plane only to find us directed towards the end of the plane.. and surprises galore!! there are only two seats left and that to far apart. Think of the irony, Honeymoon couple promptly asked by the air ghostess to take the seats available. I tried to convince an elderly to takeup the centre set in the middle bay since he was alone; Not a chance!! seeing all this drama a lady in her early 30's gives her window seat to us, this time the oldie is quite happy moved to the adjecent seat. Just-just hold!! Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost!! The flight land exactly with a delay of 1hr after circling the over Delhi skies for 40 odd mins. And as a result of that our further Reservetions for Train & Bus to reach Manali were totally ruined.. I have made a pledge not to board these cheap carriers exept for Indigo, which I haven't faced any difficulties yet.

samy Lakshmanan May 04, 2011

Very bad on punctuality. I will never ever fly with this airline again!. Lost 50K by missing connecting flights. I wont recommend this airline to even my enemy. Bit cheaper.But, you will end up loosing more money and more stress.

Spicejet will sell odomos in flights

Surprise! Surprise!! Spicejet is planning to expand their inflight service by selling odomos to passengers.

Do not beleive this! I have the first hand experience. Story goes like this:

On Apr 27, I used SG 529 Spicejet flight for my way to Bombay. I already agree with you that they are best in:

1. Messed up counters.
2. At the rate at which their system goes down.
3. Untrained and unprofessional ground staff
4. Consistently running delayed flights no matter where you are boarding from.

As this was not enough and they added one more achievement to their name - Unhygenic, untidy and badly smelling cabins, which have now become apt for breeding of mosquitoes.

When I boarded the above mentioned flight the first thing that literally cought my eye (made a physical contact with my eyeball) was this maleria mosquito Anopheles gambiae. I was shocked to see it there but I did not know then that there were surprises for me in store. As I moved further inside the flight more and more mosquitoes could easily be seen and also I could see a live example of how untrained their inflight crew are. The cabin was smelling bad as if the flight has just returned from Kandhar (The IA IC 814 story, remember). It was like sailing over nallah in a boat with that smell and those mosquitoes sharing the flight. I just wanted to immediately return out of that flight but could not help as I had to reach Bombay urgently. When I complained about this to stewardess she said she could not do anything.

So, what do you think, what will be Spicejets strategy when they have resident mosquitoes in their flights?

I think the kind of consideration they have been showing for their customers they will definitely not leave customers in this discomfort. They will go ahead and strive to serve customers better. I bet. And, they will start *selling ODOMOS* in flights. Just see, I am sure they will sell odomos with just 25/- over and above MRP. Spicejet directly beleives in this philosophy: "customer is the king". And, indirectly believes in this philosophy: "Being a king, customer has money to spend. customer is flying with us, so customer is an idiot. just give them the opportunity to spend and they will spend".

Being a lowcost airlines should it be allowed to compromise on basic hygenic and comfort needs of customer? what do you think? For me there is only one answer to it.

There are other low cost airlines as well but this I have never seen with anyone.

In order to keep my expenses on travelling down I used low cost airlines for many a times, needless to say that I had used Spicejet earlier also on good number of occassions but I never had a good service from them and when I saw good reviews here on mouthshut about Spicejet, I was surprised.

I hope this review helps.

Ramoo Mar 05, 2008

Spicejet is utter nonsense... Don't ever step into this flight.. they will wait for VIP ppl if they dint arrive on time(It will be a joke if VIP's on time).. They made us to wait for 1 hour in airport,that also after boarding,without switching on A.C.

Very bad flight to be true.

Not allowed to Board the flight

This was in the month of December, 2006 from Mumbai airport, we were at the airport 35 minutes before the flight Departure, however were not allowed to board the flight, saying that we are already late. Whereas, it was a business trip and we were supposed to attend an event on that particular night. After constant requests as well, we were not given any kind of compensation, credit note or any kind of help from Spicejet. Due to which we end up traveling by Jet Airways, which was of relief to us.

• Na
    NAVNEET KUMAR BHARTI Nov 26, 2007

Dear Sir,

I navneet kr bharti. i am the customer of ur bank last 3 year. i am using ur credit card since 2005. recently i got ur facility of plock account. on saturday dated Nov 24/07 i went ur vasant vihar atm machine i used my debit card. but machine was not working so my debit card stuck on your machine that day. i recieved my debit card on Nov 26/07 from vasant vihar branch. but after that i recieved my debit card my debit card is not working and it 's showing faulty card. i have tried so many time to custome care number but all the contact no is not working.
    So request you to please solve this issue as soon as possible.

Regards
    Navneet Kr Bharti
    9811912577

Rajesh Mar 05, 2008

Spicejet is very bad aircraft I ever seen. The people inside doesn't have manners and uncultured. You have to take care about your belongings before stepping into this stupid aircraft. You may miss your valuable things without any clue. Even if you complained against it they just say they couldn't find whatever missed from your bag. They have kept pickpocketers as a luggage room boys. I think they don't give proper salary for their boys,so boys will steal the things from passengers bag to survive. I just feel pity on their security arrangements in luggage room.

I had very bad experience with this aircraft.

• Aj
    Ajmal Feb 06, 2009

My Father In Law was booked on a Spice Jet flight from Coimbatore to Hydrabad, and he was not allowed to board as there was a mistake in his Name, but all the contact details were perfect. Inspite of his request to an arrogant station manager that he would give his ID proof and a letter that there was a small name typo error while booking and he is the passenger travelling, the station manager used abusive language and asked him to get out of the Airport. We have filed a complaint with the airport Director and shall take it seriously to the media in view to teach a lesson to such customer unfreindly airlines.

• Ha
    Harjinderblr Aug 13, 2019

I reached airport 50 mins before exact as I got stuck in traffic when I ask spicejet for check in they ask for money if want to go by supervisor. It was from Bangalore.

• Ta
    Tanmay Mairal Dec 14, 2019

Not allowed to carry laptop bag as hand baggage weighing 5.5kg, I don't even have a single check-in luggage. When asked about permissible 7 kg as hand baggage, got a reply that we follow 5 kg rule at this particular airport.

Definitely not travelling in Spice Jet again neither recommending it to anyone.