Southern Motion2 southern motion power recliners

M Aug 02, 2019

We bought 2 Southern Motion power recliners for $1300.00 in September 2018 from Art Van. Didn't actually receive them until December--unacceptable delay from the company. And then when we did receive them, they were the most uncomfortable chairs we've ever had. I have a family of 4 and none of us could even sit in them for over a couple hours before our backs were killing us. Art Van wouldn't return them because they were just over the 30 day return window so I contacted Southern Motion and got a reply back from Mike Gregory on July 29, 2019. Not sure who he is but I'm assuming he is a nobody because he kept giving me these stupid comparisons and didn't offer any help at all in resolving my problem. Comparing our chairs to a pair of shoes and a refrigerator, saying every one fits differently. Quote from Mike Gregory, "I think it is similar to buying a pair of shoes. If one purchases the wrong style/size of shoe, they may not be comfortable, but possibly would be to a different person." He wasn't even hearing me--I have 4 people in my family and all of us hate them! What a bunch of bull crap. I've never purchased such uncomfortable chairs in my life and I've certainly never had a company just say, sorry, you're out of luck. You mean nothing to us and we've got your money, so bye bye. I told him I would be giving his company bad reviews everywhere I could. And still no response. How unprofessional!! So now I'm out $1300.00 and can't use these pieces of junk! Want a full refund--you can have these terrible chairs back!