Southeast Toyota Financereturning car at end of lease

S

Thank you for allowing me to blow off a liltle steam. My complaint is not with Southeast Toyota Financials directly but with the inspection company they do business with and the inspectors used by DataScan. In order to return a lease to Toyota you must first have it inspected. This is arranged once the last payment and $350.00 restocking charge is received. Approximately 14 days ago I spoke with a representative from Datascan to set up an appointment for my inspection. After checking her calendar for availability with the inspection company (this part of the work is farmed out to independent inspectors) the date of December 4th was selected because according to the representative the entire day was open and it was my choice if I wanted a morning or afternoon appointment. Since I work I choose the afternoon which is from 1 to 5. At 11:48 a.m. on December 3rd I received a confirmation from DataScan that the inspector would be at my home between 1 and 5 the next day and if I could not be there to call them. At 3:30 that same day I received a call from the inspector directly that he wasn't going to make it on Tuesday and in his words "he can only do so much". I can't figure out what happened to my appointment that was made 14 days previously and at that time the entire day was open. How did I end up being pushed out? Also let me mention that you are supposed to have the car spotless for the inspection. Therefore on Sunday I washed the car so it would be all bright and shiny for my Tuesday inspection which has now been moved to Friday December 7. I do not have a garage so the car sits outside collecting leaves, dust and bird poo it should look really good by Friday and who knows if they will show up even then. In the meantime I have leased another car and it was NOT A TOYOTA so now I have 2 cars to maintain with insurance coverage on a car which I don't even drive any longer and can't because the tag was transferred to my new car.
I have worked most of my life and if I ever treated a customer or client like I've been treated I would not be in business.
I appreciate your time.

• In
    InspectMyRide Dec 07, 2012

Dear Sophie10:

We regret you have had a disappointing experience with a DataScan inspection, and are looking into the situation right now. I can assure you that our inspectors and those with whom we contract are known for their prompt, responsive and attentive service. Complaints such as yours rarely arise-- but when they do we take every measure to ensure our customer is ultimately satisfied with our service.

We apologize for the significant inconvenience this has caused you. If a customer service manager has not already contacted you, please contact us with all the details so we can research the issue and resolve the matter to your satisfaction. Please email the specifics to: [email protected] at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,