Having problems with Forest River?

Forest River Customer Service Contacts

55470 County Road 1
Elkhart, Indiana
United States - 46514-9765

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Forest River Customer Service. Initial Forest River complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Forest River above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Forest River. Discuss the issues you have had with Forest River and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Dec 22, 2020

Forest River — 2021 travel trailer I purchased in september 2020

I purchased a 2021 Forest River Travelers trailer in September 2020. I had only used the camper once before...

Forest River2015 tracer air

The floor on this unit each year would get softer and softer. It had sunk to the point I put pine boards across to stuffing it up. I removed the boards while working on electrical box. When I kneeled on the floor my knee cracked through the vinyl and underpayment. To my surprise there was no issue of water infiltration. I have not begun to rip up the floor but based on the area in question it appears there is no support structure to maintain stability of what was the original build. it is my opinion that this is the fault of Forest River. Could you please send me the floor structure plans so I can figure out how to repair this problem. The area in question is from the front of the sink to the far side of the refrigerator and the width would be from the stove out to the outer edge of the heater vent. Thanks for your help, I love the trailer but for this issue, I look forward to your response. Thank you, Dave Egy 375 Orchard Street Millis, Ma 02054. [protected]

Forest River2018 wildwood heritage glen ltz 372 rd

We took a road trip july 2020 and the charging system went out, the fireplace quit working and the roof came loose. Had to file roof on my insurance. And the other on my extended warranty that I'm thankful i took out. Now the serious issue is we evacuated for hurricane laura and the fiberglass has cracked! They say we only have a one year structural warranty! When it comes to the fiberglass cracking it seems to be a serious issue structural. I would love to have this issue corrected with out having to file on my insurance. Not there place to fix something that was not our fault.

2018 wildwood heritage glen ltz 372 rd
    2018 wildwood heritage glen ltz 372 rd

Oct 13, 2020

Forest River — 2016 spartan 5th wheel

I think the only question is what hasn't broken on this inferior camper? When we went to pick thi...

Sep 23, 2020

Forest River — fsx platinum 170ss

I purchased this camper in late march, due to covid we were unable to use it for the first few months because...

Forest River and Campers Inn2019 salem villa

We purchased a brand new Camper and from the minute we had it delivered we have had nothing but problems right from the factory, The cut out for the sliding door is not square, they put in a new door 3 months ago but that did not fix it. From the month we got it we have had other issues like cabinet doors are warped the finish on the table is coming off and more more things we have been battling with them since May of 2019, we bought extended warranties and they will not help us they have avoided us and back paddled. I know others in this park having camper issues with them and they are being ignored. We need help!!!

Sep 02, 2020

Forest River — 2018 rockwood wrls2650wsc 5th wheel

Exterior Side Delamination that do not go away! Purchased this unit from Best RV - Turlock, CA January 2018...

Forest River2018 sierra fifth wheel. Mdl 378FB.

We bought the rv in oct. 2017 from camping world Tampa. Two days after that the holding tanks fell out taking the cover and plumbing with it. Camping world made an attempt to repair it. It was a very poor job. They had to get a mobile rv repair to fix it right. They said Forest River would put us up in a motel while they did the repair. We have not recieved a reinbursement for that to date. The cable.sat. and ant. wiring was all messed up would not work. Still dont work right. The holding tank vent allows a smell in the rv and the dump valves for the tanks are so hard to operate it takes extreme force to operate. Now just a couple of months after the warranty is up, the interior led lights are flashing and going off and on. Right now a total of six lights. The theater seating heating is not working and the covering is splitting. The living room air conditioner is freezing up and not cooling right. I would like to speak to someone about this. Levi [protected].

Forest Riverwildcat 31wb

Purchased a new Wildcat 31wb. Brought it home on a Friday January 17th, 2020 and took it back on Sunday morning the 19th. Apparently the slideout grabbed a few loose wires and wrapped them up around the slideout ram. The unit had to be rewired, new ram, new ram mounting bracket and who knows what else. I have no confidence in this trailer and just want a refund. I just made my first payment and I still have no trailer. Forest River customer service has been less than helpful.

Jan 29, 2020

Forest River — 2018 coachmen clipper

We bought this from a local dealer in May 2018. Since the day we bought this the slide has leaked. this will...

Jan 24, 2020

Forest River — poor product quality

I have had my destination travel trailer for 15 months. Each month reveals at least one more example of the...

Forest Riverreclining chairs in our fifth wheel

Service agreement - [protected]. We have a 2015 Forest River fifth wheel which was actually not purchased until 2016. We have used this unit only a few times and all four of our recliner chairs are totally peeling apart. The material is just coming off of the chairs. This is NOT from usual wear and tear and I would appreciate you backing your product and inform me how to get these chairs repaired. We can't even use our 5th wheel at this time and neither insurance nor extended warranty covers this which I find appalling. We bought Forest River for the high-end quality and reputation. Please see pictures below.

reclining chairs in our fifth wheel
            reclining chairs in our fifth wheel

Jan 20, 2020

Forest River — sofa bed ... and soft floor

When we purchased our rv 2016 fifth wheel the sofa which contains bed cannot be sat in it sinks. our floor...

Nov 02, 2019

Forest River — Forester 3011 ds

My wife and I purchased a Forest River Forester 3011 DS new in 2016 thinking at 70 years old it would be the...

Forest River2019 vengeance

My pregnant wife and I purchased our first ever brand new camper a week ago from holmans in Ohio. We towed it back to Tennessee and it's in storage. We planned our first trip next week and when going to and from our brand new camper to put our items in it I noticed bare wires on the slide out and the underbelly is falling down. We have not even been on our first trip with the camper and we have had it in our possession for 1 week so we are severely frustrated and now we need to cancel our first trip to have a new camper repaired.

2019 vengeance

• Updated by Peter Kallas · Oct 05, 2019

Here are a few more pictures

Comments
                  Comments

• Gs
                  G scott1 Nov 27, 2020

We ha e a forest river wildwood xlite have had it in the shop twice now for water leaking in the bathroom. We bought this brand new 12/2019 and have only had it out 4 times. This time im over 200 miles from home and and camping the week of Thanksgiving. Ive called forest river and no return calls cant take a shower because the water leak is coming from under the shower at the "T" in the pex pipe that feesd the sink and shower. I might as well be tent camping. My wife and i are so mad and upset.

• De
                  DennisJW Feb 11, 2020

Oct 03, 2019

Forest River — warranty coverage

Here is a copy of an email to the dealer and issues with forest river dealing with a new 2018 forest river...

Forest Rivergutter not installed properly. ceiling stapled, then smeared with caulking. it is turning more and more yellow...

I have not taken back to dealer because we are off on a job. Wondering if problems can be addressed in my area by mobile mechanic... 2019 palomino puma..3 slide all the staples are working out of paneling and the trim and door facings inside.
                Water keeps filling tops of my slides because the gutter is lower in the middle that on the ends.
                The ceiling where manufacturers smeared caulk to cover staples is yellow...

Forest River2019 wildwood 28rlss

I purchased this Travel trailer brand new in April. It's been in an RV storage until last Friday. I am using it for an extended stay while building a house. We were not given even decent instruction on use so I've watched tons of videos. We couldn't get hot water to come on. So watched video and I stood outside while husband switched on the gas water heater. It lit as I watched and as I was checking the flame was blue and not orange.. I look up and the tail light located directly above it is MELTING. I immediately yelled to turn it off.. what genius puts a gas water heater directly below a plastic light cover??
                  This is a very dangerous error that could have burned my RV down and if we'd been inside us along with it!
                  I am waiting to hear what will be done and am interested to see if this has happened to others. There are a lot of small quality issues with the trailer, seams loose, shower doors leak, doors do not close because latches were not drilled properly, one side of storage wont lock... just makes me wonder what else is wrong that I can't see..

Sep 21, 2019

Forest River — 2018 forest river surveyor

First trip the bed shocks broke, molding trim fell off wall corner trim on bed fell off sink fell out!!!...

Dallas

Forrest River2017 palomini 178rk travel trailer - horrid quality

Careless assembly, dangerous as well.

We purchased a factory new trailer. We found these factory defects:
                    Dangerous defects: (1) 3 way refrig was NOT installed according to manufacture's direction. The unit was NOT sealed to prevent carbon monoxide and other combustion gas byproducts from entering the trailer when refrig was operating on propane. Gaps at top and bottom were so wide my hand easily slid between Forrest River cabinet & refrig. There was NO exhaust gas deflector to direct gases out through the exterior vent panel. The floor of the microwave oven was NOT sealed to prevent exhaust gases from entering the cabin. (2) Tires are improper load range: 1700 pounds at 50 psi. Dry weight of the trailer is 3375 pounds. Maximum load exceeds the combined carrying capacity of the 2 tires even after deducting tongue weight. Tire disintegrated on a recent trip. (3) Propane heater was installed improperly. Instead of constructing a solid bed upon which the unit rest, the unit was installed with a narrow wooden board at the front (interior) end and the remaining weight was entirely supported by the inlet and exhaust pipes at the rear of the heater. These pipes are welded onto the heater. The exhaust pipe becomes very hot during use and the weld will eventually fail allowing carbon monoxide to enter the trailer.

Other non-lethal issues:
                    1. Upon collecting the trailer we found ALL faucets leaking and the drain in the bathroom sink disconnected because pipe to the holding tank was cut too short.
                    2. The breather pipe to the bathroom shower &sink holding tank leaked (we filled the clean tanks to determine leakage and this tank spilt water into the trailer).
                    3. The toilet was secured to the floor by 1 of 2 screws allowing it to rock side-to-side.
                    4. The medicine cabinet in the bathroom dropped off the wall after a trip. It was secured into 1/8 inch plywood with wood screws pointing upwards, instead of downwards. . .still 1/8th inch plywood is entirely inadequate for the load.
                    5. All paneling is secured only by staples, and many panels worked lose with normal use.
                    6. Wooden stick framing was installed inside the trailer, workers did NOT clean out the saw dust which continued to leak into the cabin during road trips.
                    7. Failure to seal necks of both toilet and shower holding tanks where the necks enter the trailer allowed road wind to enter the cabin and blow the saw dust about.
                    8. The toilet holding tank had 2 sets of holes drilled into the floor; the first set was placed in the wrong spot, and NOT covered; thereby allowing wind to enter and potentially rodent and reptiles.
                    9. None of the electrical wire was as the wiring plan indicated.
                    10. There was no 40A fuse in the converter to allow the convert to charge the battery.
                    11. The black thin metal fascia around the bottom of the trailer (exterior) was NOT supported by struts. One side blew off during a drive in a strong wind.
                    12. ALL shelving is 1/8th inch plywood, and ALL shelves collapsed with very light and normal load.
                    13. The common electrical grounds from the battery to the trailer frame are fewer than 5 inches from the tires. When the tire exploded, a piece of tire severed one ground; thus disabling the slide-out.
                    14. Neither of the two metal tire wheels (these isolate the tires from the trailer's insides) were installed properly. BOTH had gaps of 1/2 - 3/4 inch, allowing wind and rain to enter the trailer.

Several repairs I had performed under warranty. These were quickly approved and cost Forrest River approximately $4, 000 total. Those repairs that involved the dangerous and potentially lethal issue, because of my engineer's training, I performed.

In short, Forrest River produced a product that out their factory door was unsafe and unfit for use. There appears to be no quality control and the workers appear to be thoroughly disinterested in quality. The accounts appear to manage the company and will take all opportunities to increase initial profits while disregarding the back-end cost of warranty service.