SonyVEERRRYYY POOR SERVICE CENTER IN EGYPT

H

I had a problem with my Sony TV that the sound keeps going & coming. I contacted the Service Center. They sent a technician to fix it at my home. While fixing it in my house some problems appeared in the display picture like lines began to cover the upper half off the screen which was his fault. He said that he would fix it. Then I informed him that the quality of the picture has been reduced. They blamed it on the antenna. After they had fixed it by two days, new problems were introduced like the quality of the picture became worse and lines started appearing again on the screen, the power cut off completely & wouldn't turn back on. All of that in addition to the old problem regarding the sound. I contacted them again. They came and took it with them to their shop. After a week, they sent somebody with the tv covered in dust. When I asked what did they do with the TV. He replied saying that I should ask the technician not him. He just carries the TV. When I asked where the technician was, he replied that he wasn't here. After that he gave me a bill that I should pay. I refused to pay it as the problems where introduced by them. He gave me the number of the technician. On contacting him, he told me to send the other guy with the bill. Three minutes after he left, all the previous problems reappeared again. So I contacted the technician & asked him to call the other guy & send him back. That's when he told me that he couldn, t find him. Couldn't find him??? Then I asked him where he was? He answered that he was waiting downstairs in my appartment. I asked him emmediately to come up. He said that he was on his way. And guess what??? He left & closed his cell phone!!! At night a very loud noise came out of the TV while it was closed and the writing that use to appear on the TV while entering the menu, turning up the volume all dissappeared.

I didn't think by any means that this is the reputable Sony company. Should I ask for a new TV or what as it seems that my TV has been destroyed????

• Do
    Do Nov 10, 2008

Have a Playstation 3
    Bought the Bluetooth remote for wathcing DVD's and Blue Ray disks. Had it for 11 months and probalbly only used it about 10 times . It just stopped working. It is obviously defective.
    Best Buy will do nothing to replace it, as is typical with them.
    Tried to Contact Sony Canada and that is where the fun begins.
    Anything to do with Playstation 3, they will not touch. Say that is a seperate company. After contacting Sony USA in California after hitting 2000 buttons on the phone, I got a live body. They want me to package a 30 dollar remote, send it by courier to California at my expense ( probably more than the cost of a new one ), and look at the remote and possibly send me a new one 10 weeks down the road. The instructions on what you have to do on sending them the defective remote is mind boggling
    Have 4 Sony TV's, 3 VCR's, Stereo system, Playstation 3 and God knows what else from Sony
    Their customer service is absolutely crap. If anything goes wrong with a Sony product in Canada GOOD LUCK.
    My love affair with Sony is over

• Os
    Osama Elnomany May 30, 2011

I called SONY SERVICE in Alexandria/Egypt to check my TV LCD screen at home which was not used since bought 2 years ago due to my travel. The service technician diagnosed the defect due to humidity inside the unit for not being used for long time. He will take to to the service station for 2 hours and returns it back, which he never did. He called once to advise the cost which I agreed, but he disappeared for 4 days where I had to call many many times and hear promises which never met. Finally they failed to repair and advised to send it to Cairo. I refused and asked my TV back. They returned it without repair and with 12 cm deep scratch in the middle of the screen !!! which makes it impossible to enjoy this TV watching by any means if repaired. I called the service manager who was very rude and denied taking any responsibility for this damage. I tried reaching any manager in this company without success or response from them.
    Conclusion: Before you buy any appliance or electronic unit, check the service first. For me, this is my last SONY unit in Egypt.

MAGDY NAKHLA Dec 26, 2011

HERE UNDER IS THE HISTORY OF MY COMPLAINE WITH SONY EGYPT

l To sony middle east

حسبى الله ونعم الوكيل فيكم
    You succeed in your customer care job to make me very very very dissatisfied from any Sony Product and I will print this maile and distribute it to all of your competitors like Samsung and L.G. to inform them how Sony suck the blood of their customer .
    And I wonder How a superior like you can not dominate his subordinate like B.TECH. and how you evaluate his performance?!!!
    By that you loose many customer and by that your performance go down.

Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:38:45 +0800
    Dear Mr. Nakhla,
    We are sorry to learn of your experience with the repair and can empathize with how you felt.
    Further to your query, we understand that you find the repair charges too high.
    Please understand that Sony has no direct control of the labor charges since we are operating through our service dealers.
    We do sell them the spare part and the price of the spare part is determined by several external economic factors such as demand, cost of raw material, shipping costs etc. That is why, our local service center is not in a position to provide maximum discounting on the spare parts.
    Trust the above meets your kind understanding.
    Received: 22/12/2011 1:23 AM
    Dear Mr.Syed Abdul Khader
    In the begining if I were you I will force them to repair it for free to save our precious time and the name of GREAT SONY NAME.
    I thought that you understand my point of view after my long explanation that the repair cost whatever it need does not logic does not logic does not logic does not logic as I told you that they have a new product with 80 G.B. hard disk with its new lcd and cable only 2500 egyptian .Also it seems that you are not trying to solve customer logic complain or on another way you don't care about Sony customer Satisfaction like B.tech..
    I am not satisfied with this naive reason as they told me that before also I hope you have the authority to correct their action and force them to correct this wrong estimation not to support they illogical illogical illogical explanation, or you forward me to higher authorized person who can understand customer point of view and not to leave me very very dissatisfied, I know that I don't have any power over all of you and you also can leave me without any reply but this will be a very bad story to be tailed so please not to disappoint me and as I told me they may loose once beside they many many gains and at any case please reply.
    Any way I will throw this camera a way and I will forget any product with the name SONY.
    sorry for this aggressive tone but you can understand my angry if you switch with me.
    Waitig your prompt reply

Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:30:31 +0800
    Dear Mr. Nakhla,
    Please be informed that as per the service center report they received Camera On 5/12/2011 With LCD Not Work and the Camera Was Open Out The Service Center.
    After Check Found It Needs To Change The LCD and Cable and the cost of the total repair is 2036 LE
    Trust the above meets your kind understanding
    Received: 19/12/2011 7:56 PM
    Cc: [protected]@gmail.com
    Dear Mr.Syed Abdul Khader
    Again I do really appreciate your interest to reply to me and I hope to take the responsive corrective action to preserve the image of Sony products from a carless dealer which have about 7 famous trade marks like(ariston, craft, philips, etc.)as indicated underneath the repair slip which mean that he does not care from the loose of one trade mark as he have another 7 ones.
    I would like to inform you that I do sent complain fax (copy attached) with the repair slip as you want to inform them by my complain and get the very disappointed reply from person called Mr. gorge from customer handling department that this is a final decision.
    the NO. OF MY REPAIR JOB IS ([protected]) .So what I need as indicated in the fax sent is to repair the camera with the reasonable price which is 450 egyptian pounds even they may loose some profit from their total selling profits.
    Waiting Your reply,
    Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 22:29:15 +0800
    Dear Mr. Nakhla,
    To assist you further we request you to please provide us the following information.
    Repair Job Number:
    Scanned copy of the repaired slip received from the Service Center:
    Meanwhile we will wait for your reply

Received: 18/12/2011 8:37 PM

Dear Mr.Syed Abdul Khader

Thank You for your care to respond to me but I am totally dissatisfied of your un convincible reason of the illogical high repair cost which is almost near to a new camcorder one as I told You that the equivalent new one now is about 1500 egyptian Pound and only the estimate of repair is 1200 egyptian pound BY THAT YOU LOOSE YOUR CUSTOMER.
    and it is ridiculous that you don't have any access or control of the repair price which lead to manipulate the customer and punish him that he bought a famous brand sony, by this behavior do you think that I will buy any sony product in the near future ?!!!.
    By the way I have a Honda car and they did to me like that but after my logic complain they do a considerable discount on they repair cost (I am not complainer but I have a simple logic mind not blind one)but Sony they let me kick my heat at the wall, very excellent customer satisfaction, and I will try to inform every one by this treatment of Sony also You don't even contact this very Bad Dealer(B.TECH.) to Know why and how they estimate this unlogic repair Prices and make it reasonable to deal with customer logic mind not paper price list .Again my complain No. is ([protected]) on 5/12/2011.
    What I am asking You is try to contact Your dealer to investigate and feed me back other wise I try to appeal to High level.
    At last I am Terribly very Dissatisfied and regret to buy sony product by the way I have a vaio laptop VGN110 and want to buy a new internet sony LED t.v. do you think I will? !!!.
    Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:12:42 +0800
    Dear Mr. Nakhla,
    Thank you for your time in reaching Sony Gulf contact center.
    Further to your query, we understand that you find the repair charges too high.
    Trust the above meets your kind understanding.

From: [protected]@ap.sony.com
    Received: 15/12/2011 8:52 PM
    Subject: dcr-sr82 - MAGDY - NAKHLA

Below is the result of feedback form. It was submitted by MAGDY NAKHLA ([protected]@hotmail.com) on 15/12/2011 16:52:40

Title : Mr
    Product Category : Standard Definition Camcorder
    Model No. : dcr-sr82
    Place of Purchase : Egypt
    Type of Enquiry : Complaints
    Comments : i am complaining from high repair cost of the lcd screen of that product at cairo egypt dealer(B.TECH.) it about 1200 egptian pound although the new complet camcoder is abut 1500 egptian pound i.e. equal cost of new one so i am very dissatisfied although i complain here and no body care what I want is to decrease the repaire cost to areasnable price which is 450 egyptian pound. till now I am pro sony as it is a very famous company but by that customer misshandling you force me to be againist sony products waiting your response

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices