Sleepy's - Kingsdown Mattresskingsdown give up making mattresses!

D

Buyer beware. Thinking we spend an average 8 to 10 hrs in bed daily. Spending nearly $3000. 00 on a kingsdown mattress is justifiable. Thinking we would wake up each morning well rested. That is the farthest from the truth. In under 6 months, the mattress softened and sagged. The material is actually shifted, so their is bulges on both sides. (Keep in mind, between the two of us, we weigh just over 300 lbs.) we had sleepy's come to the house to inspect the mattress. The 22 yr old boy, came with a small gadget in hand. Placed it on the center of the mattress, and said, well it hasn't sagged enough yet, to get a replacement mattress. You'll have to wait an additional 6 month, to request another inspection. When asked about the material bulging on both sides he had no answer, just shook his head. When i asked about which mattress gets the most complaint, he again shook his head and told me to spend $1200. 00 the most on a mattress. Its the expensive mattress' that he inspects most often. Kingsdown is an awful mattress. It will definitely disappoint you in under a year. Promise that. I found one other person, who also has a kingsdown mattress, and my jaw dropped when he basically repeated my story to me, he too has back pain and is ready to throw away his year and half old mattress.

Kingsdown give up making mattresses!

• Mb
    MBL1962 Dec 11, 2007

I agree with you 100%. I too, have the same experience with Kingsdown and the shlock operation run by Sleepies or should I refer to them as "Shleppies"? I tested the Kingsdown Matress system in a Sleepies showroom in CT several years ago. I thought that it was the most wonderful bed that I had ever felt. Well, 2 weeks later, the bed arrived and what a poorly designed, uncomfortable and miserable product it was. I immediately felt that it sagged and caused me to have horiffic back pain. Sleepies pulled their deceptive return policy. I sat with that crappy product in my house for 3 weeks until their drivers picked it up and replaced it with another Kingdown mattress. The same outcome, needless to say. Shleppies did everything in the world to stick it to me. They kept stalling and not returning phone calls. There "managers" flat out made no quams of defending their organization and supporting their illiterate customer service representatives (who's professionalism is sub par at best). I finally got rid of it and swore to never call them again for anything. I purchased from Dial a Mattress and wasn't thrilled with my purchase either. At least they were helpful and delivered something that lasted for 3 years. I'm convinced that most of the sleep systems that are sold by Sleepy's and others are mediocre at best and were never intended to survive for more that three years. I would splurge and review the numbers bed system or possibly a Tempurpedic mattress. I welcome your thoughts.

• Un
    unknown Jan 01, 2008

I have work for sleepys for two year so far. I love to sell kingsdown sleeping systems. No matter what, Every manufacture is going to have complaints. I get more complaints from sealy posturepedic being the largest manufacture and number one manufacture, and very very few complaints from Kings down. I'm very sorry that you folks had a bad experience with the mattress or with sleepys. Kingsdown has a return rate of 1% and they don't spend millions of dollars on advertising like other manufactures. I have called a few kingsdown customer of mine recentof 8 months that have purchase from me a few months ago and they love their kingsdown mattress. Kingsdown even offers you a much longer warranty like a life time warranty or a 20 year warranty. that's how much they believe in their product. Search other manufacture such as sealy posturepedic or simmons beautyrest and others and and you will see people complaint and talk bad about their product .

• La
    laura Jan 13, 2008

we purchased a kingsdown queen size matress for my son's room 8 years ago. He is now 20. Besides surving him and his friends and many guest for the last 8 year the only problem we have had with the matress is that recently one of the springs edge on the side of the mattres now sticks out. We have the edge against the head board so noone get hurt. This matress according to everyone who sleeps in it claims it to be their best sleep ever. We are looking to get a new set due to the spring but reading the comments now has me thinking twice about it.

Chris Kelly Jan 17, 2008

I wish that I had heard these stories a few months ago. In October my husband and I went in to Sleepys and absolutely loved the Kingsdown mattress. It was expensive but we figured that a good night's sleep was worth it. Within a month the mattress sagged and I felt like I was getting poked by little lumps beneath me. The inspector came out and found that the mattress was sagging 1-1/4". This shocked me but according to Kingsdown this is normal wear. I can barely stand to sleep in that bed and often end up sleeping on the couch, which strangely enough, is more comfortable. When I called Sleepys customer service to see what my options are they said that because it is a "comfort issue" I can buy another mattress at a deep discount. Fat chance.

• Da
    Danette Boni Jan 24, 2008

My husband and I just bought a cal king Kingsdown mattress 2 weeks ago. At first it seemed fine, a little fiem but, ok. After about a week my husband was waking up in the middle of the night with numbness on the side he was sleeping on. He also had back pain. I have a call into Ethan Allen where we bought it. They said that they will have the manufacturer call us, which should take a couple of weeks. Meantime they said turn the mattress over. Well this mattress cannot be turned over. It does not have a flip option. It is a hard backing. Little do they know about there mattresses. We will see how it goes. I will praying!

JoJo Mojocowski Feb 22, 2008

Sleepy's is the ghetto giant of mattress sellers. They will not help you over the telephone at the store level and their customer service reps at the 1-800-SLEEPYS line are just as bad, almost. They want you to "come in" so they can SELL, SELL, SELL. Once there, you walk out with what you think are pretty roses, but are really spray painted petunias instead! Buyer beware!

Once they make the sale (ie - take your money), you are on a raft in the middle of the ocean. Good luck paddling! Oh, did I mention you don't even have a paddle?

P.S. - Kingsdown is a great product designed for the average person. If you weigh more than you really should, the problem may not be the mattress. The durability is proportionate to the weight on it. If you weigh twice as much as the average person, the durability is scaled in half. Makes sense now, eh? This is not meant to offend, but to educate narrow minds.

mince Mar 12, 2008

I am having the same issue with Sleepys/Kingsdown. I spent $1500 on a King set. Within a few months, the mattress visibly sagged. My back began to hurt. We finally got an inspector out here who must have doctored the report to claim that our bed only sagged an inch. It needs to sag 1- 1/2inches to qualify for an exchange. When I measures the sag it was at least 2 inches. The policy is that I have to wait 60 days before another claim. After reading this forum as well as countless others, I am [censored]ed like everyone else. The inspector will claim to find mold or a rip voiding my warranty should I monitor his measuring this time around. On one of my several phone calls to 1-800-Sleepys, I asked a rep how many mattresses actually have been replaced? She answered "several."!??!? After thousands of failing mattresses they have replaced "several." If someone is thinking about a class action, let me know -- [protected]@yahoo.com

• Kw
    kwn Mar 12, 2008

Kingsdown the worst matress ever. It is that simple.

• Er
    Erin Apr 01, 2008

I wish I had read these comments six months ago. My fiance and I have had the worst sleep of our entire lives during the past few months. We wake up with terrible back pain and are constantly rolling towards each other. Oh, and "Jojo Mojocowski's"comment about it being because people are overweight is completely false. I clock in at 105 and have terrible pain from this mattress. Any advice on what to do? I'm being told it's a comfort issue which is completely ridiculous. We're currently sleeping on the floor of our livingroom because we can't deal with the back pain!

• Th
    ThanksFolks Apr 01, 2008

I just came from a store where a salesman almost handed me one for lot less price which he said may not be available tomorrow. Seemed very good though. Good thing I said I will do my research and come back. Thanks guy, I already have a terrible back condition and I don't want this to flare up.

Christianah Apr 03, 2008

I purchased a Kingsdown Orthapedic set in 1999 for $3500. For several years it was very comfortable. After about the fifth year, I noticed that the pillow top began to shift. Since I flip my mattress every 6 months, it was happening on both side. About 2 1/2 years ago, I called Kingsdown to complain because it had also started sagging. They said they would send someone to inspect it. They never did but to be fair, I was so busy taking care of my ailing father, I had not followed up either. About a month ago, the sagging had become unbearable and was causing my husband and I back pain, so I decided to look for a new set. A friend of mine had the same problem with her Serta and she advised me to call Kingsdown again. The inspector was here earlier today and the dip in my mattress was over 3". He told me that I should hear from them in about 7-10 days. I also found out that he inspects mattresses for all of the major manufacturers and told me that Kingsdown is one of the best, and he does the least amount of inspections on them. I am not sure what they will do, but I will let you know their customer service handles it. I must say that it was a great mattress for several years but I still feel that it should have lasted longer.

• Yv
    Yvonne Apr 15, 2008

I have read some of these issues with Kingsdown Mattresses and i honestly have to say is that i have not had a problem.

I bought a KA AUS (australia) 04 Body System 1 FBS T which was made in Jan 05 and i bought it in late mid-late 06 and started sleeping on it nearly a year ago. As i had to have it shipped from Australia to NZ during that time. It also has a lifetime warranty. This mattress was made in the USA and shipped for selling over in Australia.

I have had no problems with this mattress and my kids love theirs, it has not sagged, lost its shape or anything, i would buy another one even though i paid nearly $5, 000 Australian dollars for it, it was well worth it to match with my bedroom suite of over $20, 000.00 and due to the fact i can sleep soundly.

I guess every mattress is different but i have had no problem with mine.

Joanna Apr 22, 2008

My boyfriend and I spent over $3, 000 on a Kingsdown mattress just about a year ago and we love it. I used to have lower back pain and wake up in the middle of the night with numb limbs. Now I have a comfortable restful sleep. It is especially good as a compromise between myself (who needs a firm mattress) and my boyfriend (who prefers a plush mattress). Anyway, I love our mattress. We haven't had any problems with sagging or otherwise. I definitely recommend a Kingsdown! Oh and my boyfriend and I aren't obese but we probably weigh on the heavier side of average so don't be concerned if you have a few extra pounds.

• De
    Dee Apr 27, 2008

Simmons, Serta, Bob's Discount "close out" - all brands seem to last only a few years IF your lucky. We decided to try to seperate XL Twin Kingsdown (we almost went with the Temperpedic-yikes! what awful reviews on epinions!). Hopefully seperate mattresses will acheive a longer mattress life - normally we buy a queen and we both end up sleeping on the edges...mattress shopping what a racket!

Christianah May 04, 2008

Well, I did not hear back fromthem in the amount of time promised, so I called them last week to find out what was going on. I spoke to someone who was identified as the VP and he stated that I am receiving a new set. So I am glad they are honoring their warranty. My only concern now is whether he is sending me the cheapest one they make or one that is really comparable to the one that I had. I will post when I receive the mattress.

• Ga
    Gail P. LaVergne May 15, 2008

I am now in the same boat with a bad mattress. It was removed from our bed after 8 months because of back problems and we have been back and forth with both Sleepy's and Kingsdown to replace just the mattress. They have measured the bed 3 times and only after the last time did they get back to us. Even though we have a hammock in middle of the bed, the pillow top still fluffs up enough so we can't qualify for a new one. We were told that it had to be 1 and a half inch sag. What good is a warrenty if they wont replace so many bad mattresses? Sleepy's has offered a different brand and allowing $600.00 toward it. But they also said if we don't change the box spring then the warrenty isn't any good. They said that Kingsdown will not allow us to trade up unless we come up with $1100.00. And that is only for the KIngsdown. After spending $2400.00 I don't think that we will be doing that. People need to know about this company and what a bad product they are selling to the public.

Michael Fitzgerald May 29, 2008

my mattress is ok, but its definitely sagging at the edges 3 weeks after delivery. my BIG problem is the complete runaround i'm getting from sleepies on their "Incredible Price Guarantee". when i order my bed, i ordered the mattress and box spring set and it came to 2500. this was way more than i was looking to spend but the salesman did his job well and convinced me that it was worthwhile and with their financing it would be a breeze. while i was getting my paperwork filled out, my salesman got up to help someone else and had another salesman finish the order. OF COURSE this led to me getting a different financing plan than i wanted. i decided to just deal with it as i had other places to get that day. a few days later i found out that since i am buying a platform bed, i do not need a boxspring, so i called to cancel it. again my salesman was unavailable so someone else handled my order change. i asked him, when rebating me the $800 for the boxspring, to take the $470 i applied to my credit card off of it and the rest off of my sleepy's credit account. i didn't want almost $500 riding on my mastercard. he said ok, it's done. the mattress arives a few days later, i sign for it, then after they leave i look at the paperwork and the price of my mattress has gone from $1320 to $1650. i understand there might have been a package price, but as i was told by a salesman at a different sleepy's location, they cannot change that price on me, ESPECIALLY without telling me. the salesman i dealt with said nothing about a price change and told me i was getting credited $800 for the box spring. he also took NONE of the charge off of my mastercard, like he told me he did. i called customer service and they didn't care at all, told me they cannot change any of the money transactions (a former sleepy's customer care agent told me this is untrue and they should have refunded my money right then and there), and when i told them i'd found the SET for $1399, they told me to print out the ad and the rebate dept would call me. it's been over a week, and the 30 days i have for the price guarantee is running out. i tried the online cust service, got the runaround, i call, i get a runaround. i am calling my lawyer to see what i can do in small claims court and i am making sure i NEVER buy from sleepy's again, and making sure everyone i know hears about this situation.

• Al
    Allison Good Jun 19, 2008

My mattress cost over $2, 000 and although only 3 years old, it is sagging and causing us both to roll into the middle of the bed. In addition, I am having major back pain. I have a full lifetime warranty which Kingsdown has turned down saying that this is a normal amount of sagging due to body weight. This is a lesson well learned... I will never buy another mattress from them and will be letting Sleepy's know exactly how I feel about my profound disappointment with this manufacturer. I am also going to contact the better business bureau. This is totally unfair and they are not honoring their promises.

• Lu
    Luis Jul 21, 2008

I have had my matress for about a year and a half now, yes the matress is sagging and I also have such an incredible back ache. I thought that buying this matress would be one of the best thing I've done. Well I guess not. Not sure about sleepy's policies and integrity, but maybe they should come to some sort of agreement with their customers and at the very least maybe offer another matress even if it's from another manufacturing.
    Suggestions on the sleep number bed?

Matt Aug 15, 2008

Hey everybody. I just wanted to say that I've read most of your comments. I've never heard of Sleepy's. Anyhow I'm actually getting a kingsdown delivered. It's a $700.00 mattress that was originally $1, 100. Well, I'm getting a box spring and mattress. I already have a frame. This is queen size. I'm 21 years old and single at the moment for over a year so I don't have somebody sharing the bed with me. The place I bought mine is called Eaton Young Galleries. Now please LISTEN TO THIS STATEMENT. I noticed a bunch of you are letting the company walk all over you. Well, I know this guy that threatens ANY companies that screw him around. It's a safe threat though. All you have to do, next time you call or something and they give you the "runaround" is say: Alright, that's okay, I'll just give the Bureau of Better Business a call and tell them what's going on. They most likely will panic and help you. You have to be talking to somebody who is an owner or whatever because they are the ones that will panic the most. So what I'd say is, all of you many many people on here who have bought from "Sleepy's". I'd say quit being quiet about it. Get yourselves banded together through email. Come up with a plan to to fry their ###. You can do it. Every person's mind is different. Every person has a different view of something when any word is spoken to them. Share your thoughts with each other and RAIN on them. my email is [protected]@hotmail.com - this is how easy it is to give your email to one another. Good luck and I promise you all, if my kingsdown mattress does the same thing, I'm not gonna get screwed around- you can bet your ###. ;)

Michelle Aug 28, 2008

About an hour ago I spoke to the district manager of sleepy's, I had gone into their Garden City location last week. He offered me the Emerald Crown, cushioned firm for $450, just for the mattress, he also told me this was a big discount from the $691 I was quoted by them, yet they quoted me $800. I gave him a piece of my mind, telling him I will never enter his store again.

When I went into the store I stated that I had yet to sign my lease and was only trying to get an idea of what I liked, I was unsure of what I wanted weather I would go for a full or a queen and that I didn't know yet if I was going with a platform bed or if I needed a box spring. They 1st took me to the kingsdown mattress and once I told them it was out of my price range, they took me to the cheapest 1 in the store, extremely uncomfortable. Once I told them that I didn't like that 1 they brought me back to the 1st 1 and the high pressure tactics began.

They had 3 different sales people helping me within the 30 minutes I was in the store. They did all they could to try and get me to put a down payment on some/anything, even though I kept repeating my initial statement. They kept telling me the only way to hold the price is to put money down but that I could choose the size and box spring later. I was finally able to escape after giving them my new address and phone number, they promised to hold the price and printed me up a sheet.

After getting home I called up 1-800-Mattress and asked him about the mattress I had seen, he suggested I read all the bad reviews online and that Sleepy's is the only national company that carries Kingsdown. I believe he offered me a serta for $200 less. Finally I went into Macy's Clearance and found a Serta for $420. They were super nice and no pressure, which will ensure that I will go back to the same guy when I finally make my purchase.

DO NOT Go to SLEEPY'S unless you are tolerant of high pressure sales tactics and don't mind overpaying. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Do not buy the 1st 1 you see without confirming it's the best thing for your money and check out more than 1 store. Also buy during big holiday sales, I will be purchasing over labor day weekend to ensure the best price.

DON'T GO TO SLEEPY'S, THEY ARE ONLY CONCERNED WITH GETTING AS MUCH OF YOUR MONEY AS POSSIBLE AND NOT YOUR SATISFACTION OR EVEN YOU MAKING THE RIGHT PURCHASE. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST RIP OFF I'VE SEEN SO FAR.

John Sep 01, 2008

700 Stores and 3000 mattresses a day sold. 99.4 satisfaction rate. Sounds like an awesome company to me

John
    Dormo Mattress Owner 3 years
    Sleeping better than ever

• Ha
    harry Oct 11, 2008

John,
    only schleppies sales people call it dormo!

• Wy
    Wyle_e Oct 12, 2008

Yeesh! I wish I had never found this website... My wife and I just got back from Sleepys, where we bought a Kingsdown set on clearance (no return, no warranty). Regular price was $3100, but they sold it for $1075 because it was a floor model. We thought it was a sweet deal, despite not getting a warranty. At this point, everything in the store felt better than our current 4 year old Serta Perfect Sleeper (aka fishbowl). I'll try to remember to post an update in a few months, or so. Fingers crossed in the meantime.

• Lt
    lthomas Oct 28, 2008

I purchased my Kingsdown matress set ($1400 U.S.) from sleepy's about 7-8yrs ago. The matress set is not a pillow top but was more comfy than most brands of pillow tops matresses at the time of purchase. From the time i laid on the mattress in the store I have been hooked. My father and step mother came over for thanksgiving 4 years ago and slept on my years old kingsdown. They fell in love with the mattress but couldnt afford it. They eventually settled with a SEALY matress set that they replace 1 year after the purchase. They should have just purchased a kingsdown. I must admit that I do not flip the matress as i should, but the matress is still the best matress around. I have read the reviews by many people and I cannot agree beacuse my mattress is the best I have ever slept on. I hope kingsdown helps all whom have become irritated with purchase of their porduct. I still have minimal sagging and have not slept alone in the bed since its purchase. my warranty on my matress is lifetime, but i do plan on purchasing another kingsdown when the time comes to part with my best mattress ever! I do not like SEALY or SiMMons, or BOB's, so kingsdown here i come...I am a very satisfied kingsdown, sleepy's customer

James Oct 31, 2008

I bought my Kingsdown in Australia about 3 years ago. Spent $4500. It started to sag but got worse; I called up Captain Snooze (where I bought the bed from) and they organised a Kingsdown rep. to come out and inspect the bed 4 days later.

The rep. came and took one look and said 'Wow, you're getting a new bed!'. Which was great news to hear. The sag was 1.5-2 inches.

A brand new Kingsdown mattress arrived at my house 1 week later. Last night's sleep was great ;)

Marino Nov 15, 2008

I Agree with the comments on the Kingsdown mattress. is really bad i have purchase this mattress "kingsdown Body systems" from sleepy's and within a month developed a sgging in the center of the mattress. i have rotated, moved, change positions, sleep on different positions and the mattress continues with a big sag int he middle. surprising for a $2800 mattress in such of short amount of time.
    Iquickly called sleepy's and experienced a completely different treatment and customer service. NON-courteous, non competent, and uncooperative "this was a surprise to me", but we agree to get help which will show up 4 weeks later.
    A person showed with a small meter to measure deformation, mattress firmness, etc. this meeter it measures the difference in high from the sagging portion to non-saggy of the mattress. this tool is less than 8 ounces an does not press on the mattress. "what a joke" compared to a 180 pounds on top of the mattress. it is a shame that sleepy's is not paying attention to this.

• Jv
    JVN Nov 21, 2008

Kingsdown has 2 lines of mattresses at Sleepy's: the Body System and the Orthopaedic line. The body system tan and green are designed for very light people and use very low density foams on top. I have heard complaints of very small people (women under 100 pounds) having warranty issues on these mattresses with large indentations. These tan and green mattresses are not designed for heavy people.

Now, in their new pillow tops in the Orthopaedic line, the Kingsdown Caress uses the same light foams for everyone who is light weight or heavy. How long do you think a couple that weighs 400 pounds-500 pounds is going to last on foam that feels like a cotton ball?

On these new pillow top mattresses to save money, they also replaced the metal in the box spring with wood. Would I buy these mattresses? No.

Consider something with more steel like a Simmons Beautyrest or a Stearns & Foster. The Stearns & Foster has heavy gauge steel and a foam encased edge in the lower models - they have a liquid foam encased edge in the better ones. The World Class Simmons also has a foam encased edge. And don't worry if the store you are buying in says they have 40 extra coils - that means very little.

Martin Weiss Nov 29, 2008

Very unhappy with our Kingsdown mattress purchased from the Putnam, CT store in August, 2007. We have yet to complain (officially) but now are forced to do so (especially after reading other's plights). The middle hasn't sagged, but the sides have curved in, making one's sleep experience akin to clinging to a mountainside! Literally, if you shift during the night, you can feel your body rolling off the edge of the bed! The middle of the bed is higher than the sides, like sleeping on a half moon. It's somewhat comfortable if you're sleeping in the middle of the bed (squishing the curve flat) but sleeping in the middle is tough to do when you're a COUPLE! I'm writing a certifed letter tomorrow. We paid close to $3, 000.00 for this bed thinking it would last 15 years, and we're basically waing up stiff and sore after only 10 months!

• So
    sosick Jan 06, 2009

I agree with the horrible service Sleepy's has given. I have had my Kingsdown/King mattress for 4 months. Within 2 months the entire mattress has decreased in height from 15 inches to 10 3/4 inches. I am told nothing can be done about it because the decrease is not due to a body impression. Each side of the mattress is this height. When I bought it I could barely get the king size sheets on it, now they are loose at each edge. I get rude people on the phone that tell me they have never heard of this and the warranty does not cover this issue. I get salespeople from the store that can't believe it but can do nothing about it they say. And I get people directly from Kingsdown that say they have never heard of it, will call back sleepys to put in a claim but can't guarantee they can replace it. So much for the 20 yr warranty and thousand of dollars I spent on a mattress. I am beyond infuriated.

• Je
    jerry dudek Jan 22, 2009

I manage three mattress stores in the Midwest and although we are not Sleepy's and don't sell Kingsdown mattresses, left me tell you that I've heard all of these complaints before, whether customers are buying a top-of-the-line mattress such as a Sealy or Simmons, or any of the off-brands. With the exception of the Tempur-pedic, all mattresses will get body impressions. Most warranties state that the dipping must be greater than 1.5 inches. It's clearly stated in the warranties and should be explained to you at the time of purchase. What is happening in mattresses is that foam and fabric is crushing slightly. It is normal. It is to be expected. The idea that one's back can hurt after a few months on a top-of-the-line mattress, because their is a body impression is laughable. Go see a shrink. Body impressions are not the same thing as hammocking, where you sink way in, usually in the middle of the mattress. That would be indicative of coil failure and a lack of back support, not a small body impression. How many of you have complained to your car dealer that the tires wore out (it's called friction) or that the driver's seat is a little bit softer than the passanger's seat. Beds, no matter how well they are made and no matter how much they cost, will show wear over time. Tell me one thing that doesn't wear out. Perhaps you were too gullible in believing what the sales person told you. I am always very honest with my customers. Mattresses don't last forever, they wear out, they get body impressions, indentations or as one woman termed it "butt marks." Only the Tempur-pedic won't get impressions because you are basically sleeping on the foam itself, and not on fabric or dacron or normal polyfoam. Let me give you some advice --don't worry so much about body impressions if you are sleeping well but do worry about back support when you buy a mattress. As for the comment that the more expensive mattresses have more warranty problems, that's not true. Customers have a higher expectation when they pay more money for a mattress and sometimes it's an unrealistic expectation. I've sold a thousand $99 twin mattresses and never had a customer complaint on one of them. Does that make it a great mattress? No. People know they only spent $99 and don't think the mattress will be a cure-all for every ache and pain.

• Di
    DistrictManager Jan 23, 2009

I worked for Sleepy's. Kingsdown is a joke. If you paid $3000 for a set, it cost Sleepy's about $900. The salesperson will get a $400 to $800 commission if he/she sells it at full boat. When I was a District Manager, I would burn the crap out of the price so that the store would hit bonus... because when times were good, no matter what we had to sell you if you came in. ANY SALE you see at Sleepy's is bulls___. They make them up as the go in the stores. Then there is the IMAP pricing on them, as well as Tempurpedic and Stearns and Foster. SUPPOSEDLY they CAN'T sell below the listed price. Hah! Another lie and joke. To make my bonus, I would slash and burn! NEVER BELIEVE ANY PRICE YOU SEE AT SLEEPY'S! They are the Car Dealers of Mattresses. I AM SOOOOOOOOO GLAD not to work for these people. You should have heard some of the voice mails we got from Harry Acker the owner! Or one of his sons that come and go in the company!!! WEIRD-Os!!! 600+ locations run like a candy store.

Now that we are in a recession... you are sort of in the drivers seat more than ever. Whatever the price, bargain down. There is NO set price. Sleepy's is Creepies!

• Sh
    sherimorphis Feb 02, 2009

My first Kingsdown lasted 5 months was evenutally replaced. We had this second bed about a year when it began to have the same sagging as the first. When the mattress was new it was like sleeping on a cloud...now it is like sleeping in a concrete hammock! Minutes after getting into bed the foam packs down and now I awaken with severe back pain. I would not recommend Kingsdown mattresses nor will I buy another one. We purchased a Kings Court set at a price of $2, 650.00, not cheap. We were assured by Kingsdown that should this mattress fail within a 20 year period they would happily replace it, and how they stand behind their product. I sent them a letter, certified, in Dec 2008. Today is Feb 2, 2009 and I haven't even received a telephone call from Kingsdown. I have had better service, and a more comfortable mattress, longer lasting, from a $500 Serta I purchased from BJ's!

• De
    debat54 Feb 14, 2009

I have a Kingsdown too, thinking it was a top quality mattress. I hate it.

CHC Feb 14, 2009

Our Queen sized Kingsdown is over 10 years old, we paid close to $3000 for it. I did hessitate at the time because of the price. We are so glad we got it. Both of us had been waking in the am with backaches, no more backaches since we got this wonderful mattress. We turn and rotate it often as instructed with the information that came with it. It conforms to our bodies and we have never had any pressure points. After 10 years it still looks like new, no breakdown anywhere and we have been free of morning backaches. We would definitely buy another one if and when we need to. Both of us feel itls the best mattress we have ever had. We have recommended it to everyone and those who have bought one agree with us. My husband is normal weight and I am overweight, no sagging at all.

• Ct
    ctwolf Mar 01, 2009

I have had my Kingsdown Body System from Sleepy's for 15 months now and have had absolutely no issues with it. It doesn't sag, I have no body aches and I sleep well. My experience with Sleepy's has so far been very good. My sleeping partner and I together weigh about 370 lbs, but no issues with the mattress. If any of that changes I will post again.

chilli0007 Mar 06, 2009

My fiance and I have a queen Kingsdown Embrace Mattress from Sleepy's with the low profile Kingsdown box spring. The bed is still great after 4 months. It has a soft, pillow top but enough firmness under that. So far no problems. We sleep right through the night. I have the bed frame with the 3 bars going across vertically. We have been flipping it every two weeks. Sleepy's on the other hand is not so good. They didn't deliver until one day after it was due so we slept on the couch. They called to say they where running late and wouldn't get to my house until 8pm. Then at 8pm they called and said the truck broke down. we didn't get the matress til 3pm the next day. On a side note, there was a chemical smell for about 3 weeks as the mattress aired out.

• Ha
    Hates Sleepys Mar 15, 2009

We spent the $3000 on a Kingsdown, was better off with a $300 mattress from Sams Club. We may have had the mattress for 5 or 6 months and the middle of the bed had a bad sag in it. My wife called sleepys that in return gave her another number. Bottom line they told us the same thing not all that bad. we spent $3000 on it and he says not all that bad haha. I swear we did not get the same kind of mattress. The one we tested at the store was so nice and soft. This one just stinks.

We called sleepys back and they pretty much turned their back on us. It is a POS mattress. SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY !

• Ou
    Ouch!!!! Mar 23, 2009

Back in November 2008 my husband & I stopped at Sleepy's to purchase a new mattress. We filled out forms listing our various aches & pains & using their diagnostic mattress which is hooked up to a computer they analyzed the 2 of us & came up with a list of mattresses that would be best for us. At the top of the list was the Kingsdown mattress. We almost choked when we saw the price tag but gave it a try anyway. Well, we thought we had died & gone to heaven!!! It was the most comfortable mattress we had ever been on. But since it was costly, we decided to give the others a try. None of them could compare to the Kingsdown & even the salesperson agreed that none of them feel the way it does!! So we spent $3, 000 on our Kingsdown mattress.
    When it was delivered I noticed that the center of the mattress bulges upward but thought that maybe it was because of the pillow top. When we laid down on it we were totally disappointed. It felt nothing like the one in the store!!! And the way it bulges upward, it causes our heads to thrust back in a very unnatural position. Even the Sleepy's pillows we purchased didn't help. The only thing I could figure was that maybe they build them up like this in the center to compensate for sagging & hoped that in time it would become more comfortable. It's been 4 months now & we still feel like we're sleeping on a mound. I wake up with tingling & numbness in my arms, upper & lower back pain & terrific neck pain that lasts through the day & prevents me from turning my head without pain. And forget about getting a good night's sleep. I'll find myself suddenly awake in the middle of the night only to realize that it's because I was about to turn over & it caused enough pain to wake me from a sound sleep. At that point I hold my breath & as quickly as possible turn over & bear the pain.
    The worst part of this is, we bought a new mattress in order to sleep more comfortably & to eliminate our aches & pains but with this mattress I can honestly say, we didn't know what pain was!!!

• Da
    DACDA Apr 03, 2009

The worst mattress in the world. Don't do it, absolutely the most horrible mattress in existence. I would rather sleep on the floor. My back is constantly out of whack and I simply can't get a restful night sleep, because I am pacing the floor all night. I actually have had two Kingsdown mattress'. The first was a nightmare. I called Kingsdown and they sent a rep to inspect the mound in the middle of my king mattress with 2 large holes on either side after just 6 months. He agreed, and a replacement was approved. However, I did upgrade to better mattress, so I was told my Kingsdown. I also had to pay an additional $300.00, but what an upgrade???? Now I have over $2, 000.00 invested in another piece of junk. This one lasted a couple of months with a larger mound in the middle and bigger holes on either side. I was so frustrated I took this mattress apart. I wanted to see how this was actually made. Springs, foam, foam, and more foam. No wonder the indentations. I went back to the original mattress with a make do topper to get me by until I purchase a Sealy or go to Fox Mattress and buy a real mattress. I am telling you don't do it...