Skyscannercompany logo

Skyscanner

Skyscanner

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 209 complaints
57 resolved 152 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Skyscanner customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Skyscanner reviews & complaints 121 - 160

Skyscanner representative

Most discussed
Skyscanner complaints

Your service
1 (posts on this topic)

Skyscanner complaints 209

Skyscanner - flight ticket from happy easy go

Today i have booked one ticket from Chennai to Ahmedabad on Indigo Airline on Happyeasygo website throught skyscanner but that ticket was not possible due to airline sold out which i come to know after 02 hours from that website due to i have called so many times that customer care. i request you to do not include such company in your portal as skyscanner is very good website. my concern is if ticket was not possible due to non availability of seats then they should rejected immediately but they took 02 hours time after that i paid 2500 more amount within 02 hours time for another flight. after 02 hours i called and cancelled that time they given the "fail" status on their website.today i had loss of INR 2500 due to this Happyeasy go. there are so many website which rejected at a time if seat is not available. even this company customer care is also not good at all and not customer friendly.

Regards,
Jayminee Shah
+91-[protected]
jaimini.[protected]@gmail.com

D

Skyscanner - Hutchgo input wrong name for flights

I booked to and fro tickets between Shanghai and Japan via Hutchgo on Aug 17. Their platform on IOS had and still has a glitch that automatically duplicated my input in the space for name. And when I realized the name mistake and asked for full refund of tickets. They said only tax can be refunded and I needed to bear the loss of $289 from cancellation.

It doesn't make sense for customer to suffer the losses from cancellation of flights when it's the agency that got customer name wrong in the first place.

I demand full refund of my tickets of them.

Skyscanner - I am complaining about ticket cancelation ion

I booked ticket for myself and wife with cancelation option and payed extra but when visa rejected I tried to cancel as I have bought insurance option of ticket but people from budgetair sending email that it is not refundable, what are they a doing this is not acceptable at all why then my ticket condition shows cancellation and change date possible, why I pay big amount if I can not change or cancel my ticket. I personally contacted with airlines and they said we don't have issue with cancellation as still we didn't receive money from budgetair, what is this I personally inform you that my visa has been rejected . I need immediately refund of my money. I accept refund fee which is 250 aed I agree to pay that I read it on your website and my ticket is refundable even status shows that and that is your policy even so why you don't want refund my money?

Skyscanner - ticket booked via skyscanner

Hi,

I booked an urgent ticket from Singapore to Delhi last night but via skyscanner but i didn't receive any ticket. Because of medical emergency i had to book another ticket. I tried to reach out the number given over 20 times.
Today morning just before 3 hours of flight i have been sent the ticket. I don't need this ticket. Please refund.
Booking reference: ZT304K

Please reach me out at mohindra.[protected]@gmail.com for further communication.

Skyscanner - I rent a car in turkey

Dears,
I rent a car for 5 days starting from today till 16th.
The company debited the advance payment from my card, now I'm waiting in the airport and called them, they are saying your reservation is not confirmed, I logged in to their website using a link from they confirmation email, the reservation was confirmed.
I believe they are not a straight and they playing with me.
Finally I took a bus.
Please block this company.

Reservation details:
Recipient: Abdulghafar Ihsanullah

Reservation Nr: B75379321

Invoice Date: 10 Aug 2019, 16:14

Service Provider: Booking Group Ltd

Skyscanner - flight booking

Booked a flight via Skyscanner booking reference PTB183337 via best price travel. Booking was confirmed and received email confirmation. Few hours later received a call from the agency advising booking has been cancelled because my starting point was outside of Australia. I've asked where in their terms and conditions this is written and the agent has fumbled without giving me a clear answer. He has then said an email was sent to me and when I reviewed it the email says the reason for the cancellation is because of dynamic changes in the seat availability. I have called absolute [censored] as they have given me conflicting reasons. When I went back on Skyscanner the same flight is still available however now at an inflated price

Hi,

In March I booked a flight from LBJ to DPS. The flight was booked for 16:10 on the 30th July (i have the booking confirmation if you need it). We arrived at the airport on the 30th to find that the flight never existed and instead we had to board a different flight at 18:35.

This caused lots of problems as we had a car waiting for us in Denpasar which we couldn't contact easily. In order to contact them i had to turn my data on which cost a lot of money.

At first I thought the plane times must have just changed and i didn't receive an email but that wasn't the case. The flight simply never existed.

I'm not happy about this experience at all.

L

Skyscanner - I paid for seat selection, but was not given those seats on the flight

I paid for seat selection, but was not given my selected seats on the flight. The airline could not move me as the flight was full. I selected the middle section as I was with my partner and being in the middle section on the plane we would not be bothered or have to bother another person to get out of our/their seats. I have put in a complaint with the airline and they said they cannot do anything and to contact the agent. Can I please be contacted on how to get my refund of $26.60 for not getting my selected seats. I have attached my boarding passes to show the different seat number and my original invoice is attached

Skyscanner - a travel agent used by skyscanner

My complaint is not about Skyscanner, but by a travel agent that came up on their website which I ended up booking flights with. I booked flights to two destinations. The first was from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh. Kiwi. Com told me the airline had changed schedule by 4hrs. My daughter arrived at the airport in time for her flight only to be told that there was no schedule change so she had to wait four extra hours for the original flight. I would have forgiven Kiwi this if our second flints with them had gone smooth, but that was not to be.
I had an SMS and an email from Kiwi telling me my flights from Nha Trang to HCM had been changed from the time I booked which was 18:15 to 14:30. The group of 6 of us turned up in time only to be told by Vietnamese Airline staff we were booked in at 20:30. When I contacted Kiwi.com on social media they said it was my fault as I hadn't clicked a button to agree the change. However, the text and email only stated there had been an airline schedule change ( to 14:30) and I was responsible for telling my travelling companions and printed off the new itinerary. Nowhere did it state that I had to confirm this change. With a lot of persuasion three of us managed to get on a flight at 15:30, but my friend and her two young children had to wait at the airport all day until the 20.30 flight. Kiwi had never mentioned a 20:30 flight to us. I contacted Vietnam Airlines ( who we flew with) and they have informed me that we were booked on at 18:15 as I had originally thought and the airline had rescheduled us for 20:30. Kiwi had never told us this - we had never been rescheduled for 14:30 as told by Kiwi. They are clearly totally wrong and although we all eventually got to our final destination it totally ruined the last day of our holiday. I wouldn't feel so annoyed if Kiwi admitted their mistake instead of trying to put the blame on us. I used them as they seemed to have good reviews on Trust Pilot and also because Skyscanner appear to endorse them. Since this has happened I've found countless complaints about them.
I have screenshots of my bookings and the response from Vietnam Airlines

Booking reference : [protected]

We booked a flight with the above reference number via Skyscanner website. The provider was Opodo. We were very careful not to add any extras. The price was £855 pp. However once the payment has gone through, Opodo has charged £871 pp. When contacted customer service and spoke to Owais Ashraf he didn't know why the price up ! He said he too cannot explain the price difference. If the payment system has taken the money, then the customer simply have to live with it !
I disgusted not just with Opodo but also with Skyscanner for promoting and allowing such unfair trade through your website

Skyscanner - opodo online travel agency

I used Skyscanner to source flight from Manchester to Stockholm. One option they offered was flights that could be booked with Opodo. Our return flight from Stockholm to Manchester was rescheduled to an earlier time, Opodo did not notify me of this, consequently I missed my flight.
Norwegian Air managed to source me an alternative flight back to London Gatwick the next day. But I had to stay overnight in Stockholm airport and then I had to travel from London Gatwick to Manchester airport to collect my car.
Obviously I have incurred additional expense because Opodo didn't notify me of the flight reschedule.
I have contacted Opodo with several emails and telephone calls, but haven't made any progress in getting reimbursed for additional cost incurred.
Opodo Customer service have been extremely difficult to deal with, they have promised to telephone me twice and failed to do so.

Research recently has revealed that Opodo have a history of complaints and poor Customer service.

Why does the Skyscanner organisation still promote Opodo on line travel services??

Skyscanner - flight booking.

Hello there, I recently booked a Ryanair flight via sky scanner. Skyscanner quoted me £186.63, so I went ahead and booked the flight believing that the Bulgarian quote it was showing me on the Ryanair website was the exact converstion. However, upon booking it, Ryanair have charged me £236.17 for the flight instead. Is there any reason for this? And is there anything I can now do? As there were cheaper alternatives had I of known I would of been charged nearly £50 more than the price quoted. I have emailed Ryanair but they have passed responsibility on to Skyscanner.
Thanks for any help with this. Kind regards, Hannah

Skyscanner - green motion car rental - unethical behaviour

***GREEN MOTION CAR RENTAL ***

***PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE THIS COMPANY FROM YOUR PLATFORM AS YOU ARE ADVERTISING CON ARTISTS TO TOURISTS COMING TO EDINBURGH***

Hello,
Please please please take Green Motion Car Rentals off of your site. I've always enjoyed using skyscanner over the few years since Gareth Williams set up this online platform, a fellow native of Edinburgh with a fantastic entrepreneurial work ethic I'm sure wouldn't want companies such as this one to be part of Skyscanner search engine (the only reason I found Green Motion Car Rentals is through skyscanner advertising them).
I was completely fleeced by Green Motion Car Rentals when returning a vehicle, they claimed that there were damages I caused which are questionable. This is a grey area ofcourse but looking at all the reviews from other disgruntled customers it's all too similar.
Too good to be true knocked down prices to take premium vehicles and then charged high prices for damages that are questionable on the return. They were keen to get quickly rid of me when I picked the vehicle up as I insisted that they stay with me whilst I checked over the vehicle pointing out scratches which they said 'these are superficial and you wouldn't be charged for those anyway', they kept fobbing me off from checking the vehicle repeatedly saying (it was 8pm in the evening with windy and rainy weather conditions), 'don't worry, you've got until 10am tomorrow to report anything you see on the vehicle' (I didn't have time the following morning due to work commitments), they weren't supportive of me wanting to check there and then whilst collecting the car making me feel uncomfortable for holding them back. Since reading their reviews and a report in the Guardian newspaper, these other victims experienced the same sharp practise tactics as the cowboys carried out on myself.
It makes me so sad that they rip many tourists off visiting the UK and it doesn't help when they are reached easily by search engines such as Skyscanner. Please look into this business and their work ethics, even rent one yourselves and see how you get on.
I'm going to contact the TV show rip off Britain to highlight the poor practise of these cowboys in the next few months. I don't want to name Skyscanner but should this not be addressed and a response to me, I will take this further as I'm passionate about looking after visitors coming to our country and don't want to be known as rip off Britain to these victims.
It seems to be a family who live between Edinburgh and Leceister who are all involved in Green Motion Business as I spoke to one of the owners when initially renting the vehicle.
I look forward to hearing from you at Skyscanner.

In anticipation,

Gaynor Nichol-Jelen

Skyscanner - skyscanner and partners

I attempted to book a flight on 13th July to LAX From London

I entered my details FIVE times and each time when I had submitted my credit card information they then said the flight was not available.

I finally got a flight at a more expensive price, around £400 - but I now find I have been charged over £700 by the company.

This is disgusting and I want to know why when I clicked pay the amount shown was £300 less than what I was charged??

Skyscanner - not cancelling flight and processing refund

I booked a flight with gotogate (found via skyscanner) from Kiev to Bangalore (via Instanbul and Muskat). Order number is KWN5X5. I wrote them couple of times to cancel the flights and process the refund for past couple of weeks but all I got is empty promises (case number [protected], [protected], ). I am going to lose all this money just because I chose to book flight from wrong agency via skyscanner. Please help me.

Thanks,
Govind

Skyscanner - wrong connecting flights given

Elliot Green Flights sourced through Skyscanner
Valencia to Palma Tues 9th July 20:55 Ryanair FR7214
Palma to Bristol Tues 9th July 00:20 Easyjet EZY6044

Flights from Valencia were too late to connect at Palma . These were the flights booked through skyscanner . A train back to Valencia . A train to Alicante. An overnight stay at the airport for a flight to Bristol at a further cost of £289.
Due to the times of flights, it can be seen how the computer search engine mistaked the schedule, however, this was very stressful and very costly and as a student I have had to borrow the money to pay to get home .
I would grateful for a response asap

Skyscanner - ticket sales

I paid a large sum to Skyscanner through Akash nanda, have not received any confirmation from him and can not get through to him he is one big scam artist I fear he offered very cheap business flights to Bangkok which seemed to good to be true, much correspondence done through WhatsApp so beware or you may get scammed

Skyscanner - misusing my credit card

I have book the ticket from UAE on 1st July 2019
The ticket cost is AED 3119.25
The ticket from Trip this is sub agent
Problem is today the trip misuse my credit card yesterday debit AED AED 65.50

This is cheating please transfer agine that amount to my card
Booking order KXBFQ7
Booking number GWRAEW
Agent TRIP

Please help and transfer the AED 65.5 my card

Skyscanner - flights

I urgently need to change my return flight dates with Travel Trolley and According to their terms & conditions they need to charge me £150 per ticket per booking however they have now said to my husband it's going to cost £275 per ticket.

When I personally called their office before my flight enquiring about possibly changes I was advised £150 charges.

They have increased their prices and its inconsistent with their terms & conditions.

My flight booking ref is LX3AG7.
Outbound 20.06.19 14.20 Bham UK to Dubai
Return 30.08.19 Dubai to Bham UK 14.55

Booking is with:

Travel Trolley
Direct Line : +[protected]
Email :[protected]@traveltrolley.co.uk
Visit our website : www.traveltrolley.co.uk

Please can you urgently assist in this matter as I need to return on 31st July.

Mrs Shahanaz Begum

Skyscanner - airline tickets issued by gotogate (link provided by skyscanner) not valid

We had booked a Moscow to Delhi flight (Aeroflot - Moscow to Dubai and AIr India - Dubai - Delhi) for INR 1.37 lakhs for 23 June 2019 - 4 tickets The order number of our booking was KWYS0A and our booking reference number for Moscow to Dubai was AVBKQS and Dubai to Delhi was EJBNBL. When we reported to the Moscow airport for check-in, we were denied boarding the airline because we did not have a single ticket for the route Moscow to Delhi. We were travelling with two small kids .

It was a horrifying experience for us as we were stranded in Moscow airport for almost the whole day. Our Russian visa was till 23 June and our hotel bookings were also till the same day. That day itself we were told that we could not board the flight about 2 hours before the departing time. We had to urgently contact the Indian embassy on a Sunday to get our visa extended and book our flight tickets for the next day.

We need refund of the full ticket amount that we had booked for 23 June 2019. Why were such tickets issued which were not valid for the Dubai transit. In addition we incurred about Rs 20000 in the visa and hotel charges.

Our travel experience was completely shattered. The pain and agony continues to haunt us. We need reimbursement of Rs 1, 57, 000 at the earliest.

1  ...  3 4 5  ...  11