Simmons MattressBack pain

M Review updated:

My warranty claim was just denied by Simmons. They sent a technician to the house and put a string from corner to corner of the mattress. That string show substantial sagging of over 1.5 inches in just one year. They did not test the integrity of the mattress. I have areas now that offer no support whatsoever and a more significant test would be to place 50-lb weight at different spots of the mattress and see how far it sags. Here is the official reply:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you. Simmons offers a limited warranty and strives to be as fair as possible when evaluating warranty claims. In assessing your claim, we found no structural failure in either the mattress or box springs/foundation.

In addition, the compaction of the panels in this style of bedding is to be expected. The compression does not affect the product's durability. As with other beds of this type, the thicker and more luxurious the filling materials, the more susceptible they are to compaction. Please note that this should not be considered a defect. The mattress is contouring to the shape of your body.

As a result of these findings, we are unable to offer a replacement because the product is performing normally. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Sincerely,
Simmons Corporate Warranty Department
Claim # 000494267D

I strongly disagree that a premium mattress is designed to contour to my body. Rather, it is supposed to support my body. $1200 for a queen mattress and the money is down the drain completely. Both of us have back pain now. Simmons is a major disappointment.

• Cu
    Customer # 13 Feb 05, 2018

We purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Refresh king mattress at Godwin's in Midland, MI in June 2015. It has a hollow vertically where each my husband and I sleep. I called the store a year ago. They sent us a a string with a fishing sinker at each end, telling us that when the sag was greater than 1.5 inches it would be under warranty. That was a year ago. The sag is just less than 1.5 inch! The pillow top is flat. The warranty is useless! To compensate I have laid soft baby blankets in the hollows, topped our pillow top mattress with a three inch topper!
    Needless to say, we will never buy another Simmons Beautyrest, nor recommend their product.