Silverleaf ResortsI stopped paying!

C Review updated:

Ok, just wanted to update everyone on my post from September. Silverleaf sent us notice that they would foreclose on the timeshare in OCT. The phone calls have stopped and we have been monitoring our credit closely. Nothing! There is no record of Silverleaf on there anywhere! I do think that something should be done about a class action lawsuit, though, to prevent this sort of thing from happening to others. Good luck to all of you!

• Sh
    Shirley Yarbrough Jun 08, 2018

I have stopped paying and continue to get letters and phone calls from Orange Lakes. I contacted them for 4 months following Harvey and never received a response. Told them to foreclose on the property because it was worthless per one of the high pressure salesman, and there were deceptive trade practices regarding the original sale. I am 74 and cannot throw good money after bad. I have my presidential almost paid for, but I DO NOT CARE. This is property so they need to take it back. I am interested in the class action suit that I keep hearing about. They are using timeshare properties for vacation clubs and timeshare owners have none of the benefits of the vacation club unless they spend thousands more to get points!!!

• La
    Laura tazzy Feb 17, 2018

I tried to work with them because I was divorced and unemployed. At that time they said there was nothing they could do. I've been too worried about keeping my home than messing with them. It has been 20 months. They reported my late payments to Experian this month and just the late payments, no on-time payments from the previous years. When my now ex husband and I visited one of the properties, he was very, very disappointed with the way it was maintained. He was feeling sick and the sales managet wouldnt let us leave the sales office. To top it off, we all went home sick.

• Xy
    xyz102 Oct 19, 2017

Class-action lawsuit recommended against SilverLeaf.

• Ha
    hauntingvirus Mar 23, 2017

Went with Resort Relief that uses a group "Castle Law".. paid around $3000 to get out of our Silver leaf timeshare (Paid for over a year and a half with a crappy experience the couple times we went.. the one time we actually were in our unit the A/C wasn't working in the middle of August). They sent me copies of the notices they sent to Silverleaf stating to "not contact us" and to "not report to credit bureaus". It's been over a year now. I have not been contacted by Silverleaf nor have I seen anything on my credit reports. I'm getting the cold shoulder from the Castle Law group though. They originally said it could take up to a year. Now that the year has passed they really don't answer back, so I am beginning to feel like we were played twice in a row. YOLO! Anyways.. seeing the balance due recently when logging in to my silverleaf account is very upsetting. I'm considering just taking out a loan to pay off the full balance and then try out that "deed back" option that some ^ have seemed to have success with. I am just ready to be done with this virus that haunts my thoughts every now and then.

• Bu
    bunnyhop58 Apr 29, 2017

@hauntingvirus Before you waste money paying those crooks, contact Jim at www.timesharetricks.blogspot.com, he is a great guy and you'll pay him only 400 dollars then a commission after he gets you out of the contract with your money back.

• Sc
    Sckooter Oct 02, 2017

@hauntingvirus If you paid Resort Relief by credit card you can get your credit card charged back, I did. Kevin Hanson and Castle Law are fraud!!!

• Sw
    Sweet05 Feb 22, 2018

@Sckooter How did you get your card charged back, if it's been over a year?

Ledis Cano Oct 02, 2018

@hauntingvirus The same thing happened to us. we got played by those cooks

Angelitamm1 Dec 29, 2016

Please if anyone is planning a lawsuit or has info about stopping payment pass on the info to the rest of us.

• Bu
    bunnyhop58 Apr 29, 2017

@Angelitamm1 I got a guy! Always wanted to say that. Jim at [email protected] is the guy you want to talk to. His website is www.timesharetricks.blogspot.com

• Ha
    HAZMAT tech Oct 16, 2016

Like many of you who have posted. My mother and I have been scamed by silverleaf resort as well. The also told us to upgrade to the diamond program to use as much as we would like. Everytime we try to book not available. If anyone has any advice or would like to participate in bringing justice to these crooks, please contact me at [email protected] Thanks

• Mo
    Monika Crossley Aug 03, 2016

Any update on those who stopped paying?

• Sm
    smokinintexas Jul 31, 2016

I am having the same problems with silverleaf. I plan to file a 1099-c with the IRS and a 1096. 1099-c is cancellation of debt and the 1096 is a form needed to file the 1099-c.
    From what I understand one should receive a treasury check for the amount of your timeshare. This should solve the issues.

• Un
    UnahappyCustomerTx Jun 18, 2016

Well I still have this stupid resort; this was my last post:

All,
    I am still paying but I have paid $3, 500 toward a lawyer stepzero and Kayira Law, LLC to help me againts Silverleaf.
    I submitted my paper last May and right now just waiting.

According to Kayira Law Team, this could take months if not years but they could not recommend me to either cancel or continue with the payment. I am still paying cause because I don't want this againts my credit.

I wasted $3, 500 with stepzero and Kayira Law who could not help me.

I am thinking of stopping my payment this Summer

• Hu
    HurtinTexas May 25, 2017

@UnahappyCustomerTx I paid out 2800 to Step zero and the Griffin Law firm in 2016. They advised me to stop all communication and payment to Silverleaf and created a letter for me to send to Silverleaf. They promised to settle as is and that I could just walk away from the time share after my cease and desist letter. Fast forward into 2017. I just checked my credit score and it tanked by 200 points! I ran a credit report and saw foreclosure Silverleaf Resorts. Now I'm out legal fees and my credit went from excellent to poor almost overnight. How do you recover from that? I did exactly as the lawyer advised.

Ledis Cano Oct 02, 2018

@HurtinTexas How are you doing now? I believe that was also a scam

Les Y. Jun 01, 2016

The ENTIRE Silverleaf Resort Company is a set of liars and thieves who commit fraudulent activity on a frequent basis! They tell you anything to become an owner. They put unauthorized charges on your credit card/ bank account. They tell you one thing one minute, and something else another, and won't honor what they say. Stay away for your sake! Once you sign up, it's hard to get rid of, but one way or another you pay and you PAY PAY PAY dearly.

Cheryl Rios May 21, 2016

I recently have been getting statements from Silverleaf saying that I was behind one month on my upkeep fees. I searched and found out that the reason for this was that in Dec. 2015 I switched one week for another, and I was charged for both weeks that month. I went to BBB in Florida to complaint about it, and after four months I got a call from them telling me that they did make a mistake and charged me twice, and after they get my payment for May 2016, we will be squared away. A week later I received a response from Silverleaf attorney, through the Better Business Bureau, contradicting what I had been told on the phone just days earlier. These people would sell their mothers if they were going to profit from the sale.
    They once tried to sell me a week at a resort they own in Georgia. Two months later, when I tried to make plans to use that week at Oak and Spruce(another Silverleaf owned resort) I was told I could not use it here since the one in Georgia is a get-away vacation resort and the one here is a Destination Resort. Nobody explained that to me when they were busy trying to sell me a week. They are worse than used car salesmen. Crooked to the bone.

• Nm
    NMacharia Nov 15, 2015

Hello, me and my husband bought into silver leaf last year and even upgraded. Now we are ready to purchase a home and want to completely stop paying silverleaf. I'm reading all these horror stories in this post but we really cannot afford another payment. We do not own it, though so I fear the worst from them. To anyone who has stopped paying or been able to give the property back (not having the principle paid off) could you please contact me?
    [email protected]

whiteztearz Oct 30, 2015

Good luck to everyone and PM me if you need further assistance. I'll try my best to respond promptly.

whiteztearz Oct 30, 2015

UPDATE!!!
    I got rid of the timeshare within two-three weeks.
    I had just brought the timeshare June 2.
    i was out of my rescind window.
    I had made a formal complaint to several agencies such as the attorney general of Texas, the BBB, the company itself.
    I did a lot of researching and I ended up requesting a deed in Lien of foreclosure even though my payment doesn't begin until August 1st.
    Luckily, the only payment I made was the down payment which was on my credit card so I had to call in and was advised from the credit company to call in a 'misplaced' card versus a "I want to close my account" because "they" can still track to get your money.
    For those who are getting these non-stops call and letters you need to look up the FTC guideline and laws and make sure you tell SLI to back off - we have rights as consumers from collection calls.
    Go on YouTube and look "steps on how to get out of timeshare".
    Fortunately, I found a real estate/property lawyer and we were able to mediate the situation - refund me my money and take the deed off my hands. I did not PAY A DAMN cent to SLI.
    Everything worked out fine and I haven't heard from them since.

Christina Barr Sep 23, 2015

UPDATE!
    Silverleaf resort was bought out by ORANGE LAKE RESORTS in early 2015. From what I have been told by a family member, Silverleaf is not allowed to collect any money from people who haved stopped paying or harass them for non-payment. And ORANGE LAKE RESORTS has had to pay back people that Silverleaf collected money from illegally. I would contact ORANGE LAKE RESORTS to confirm this information, because I haven't confirmed it myself. I have also heard there are numerous lawsuits against Silverleaf. I hope people find this info helpful.

• Er
    Erik Hansen Sep 09, 2015

Just called the owner services number as posted by Jazzabell and they are mailing us forms to sign over our deeds. We have 2 and never used our weeks. Used bonus time a few times but that was it. Always got the same BS in the "quick meeting" that turned in to hours. Our principals are paid so that is what makes this option work. I will be so happy when I mail back those signed forms.

• Ce
    Celina Gutierrez Aug 31, 2015

My partner and I bought into this scam not even a year ago. Now we want to stop paying. I actually work in collections myself so Im dreading the fact that we may default on it. Im curious if anyone has called them and been offered any other solutions than to just default? I really dont want to ruin my credit

• Ka
    Katisa Aug 22, 2015

I just spoke with yet another sales rep at the villages resort from silver leaf. I told him that we didn't want this from the start and the only reason we signed is so we could get our two crying kids out of the building because every time we got up a sales person was on our heels. What was supposed to be 90 mins took 5+ hours and they actually told me to cancel my doctors appointment for the day because it would take over my scheduled time. He then told me that she should have tried to reschedule but haha she didn't and neither did he out of the 6 times he walked into the room. We were so fed up that he offered is his employer discount to get us to sign an upgrade. Trying to get out of there before I had a seizure in front of my kids because I had yet to take my meds or get to the dr my husband went ahead and signed. After that she offered free water park tickets for our time and was all bouncy and happy. We missed a payment and they claim they called on Wednesday but when you want to call to discuss things they are never available. This has been horrible.

• Li
    Lizzy Lizz Aug 17, 2015

I'm pretty bummed out that those who went through this haven't updated the forum. I am currently 90 days past due. Thus far, I have received the final notice of delinquency today. It basically states that if I do not pay, one or all of these three things could happen: 1) they could call the full amount and have it payable immediately, (2) they would report my delinquency to the credit bureaus and (3) they could sue me for the amounts owed. I am pretty sure, that I will NOT be making any other payment. I promise to keep you guys posted on all other communications with them.

• Zz
    ZZuniga Feb 27, 2018

@Lizzy Lizz hi there, any updates?

• Li
    Lizzy Liz1 Apr 29, 2018

@ZZuniga Hi..yes. Today I got a certified mail from them stating that I need to pay the full amount of principal plus interest in 20 days or they would exhaust all measures for collection. I am planning on reaching out to a Timeshare lawyer th st was recommended by someone I trust to see what they can do to help. My credit score is still unaffected and I am almost 2 years past due

• Sb
    Sbrady Jun 25, 2019

@Lizzy Liz1 Any updates?

MacFac Sep 30, 2019

@Lizzy Lizz Lizzy Lizz, hi there any updates?

whiteztearz Jun 22, 2015

Has anyone gotten an update after they recreceived a letter of foreclosure and anything about a lawsuit or bad credit?
    Obviously, this is a total scam that I was bait into and I haven't made a single payment on it and I can't cancel contract since my rescind window is overdue. I am not paying a dime for this debauchery!

• Na
    Nana Salts Jun 19, 2015

we went over to the Silver leaf resort and after 6 1/2 hours and all the lies we of course bite the worm and bought it. Now all the phone calls everyday from different # drives us crazy we r not behind on our payments but u can't get them to leave you alone. I am school bus driver and i told them i can't answer the phone, i blocked the # and they just change it and call from somewhere else. I didn't want it and don't want it. Been there one time and one time only. My vacation week is the third week in January and I can't get off work as we just got back from Christmas break. Hate having to pay them, HATE THE PHONE CALLS. Just can't get it NO MEANS NO

• Ms
    Ms. Li May 29, 2015

This deceptive company was in the mall and as usual I was skeptical but wanted to see how well trained the person was in trying to sale of this "mess" knowing that I would come home and look them up. I was not surprise to find many complaints about them. I consider myself a whistle blower and love to take all of these complaints to the sales person to see the look on her face!!!

Texasraised Apr 23, 2015

Anyone have a update???

Texasraised Apr 15, 2015

I'm in the same situation just received a letter for full payment in 10 days or a lawsuit. Praying it goes away. Anyone who has been through this. Will you please message me with what happened. Thank you

• 57
    576 Mar 17, 2015

We stopped paying last year and just received a threatening letter. Stating they would sue, but its been past 10 days and we've yet to hear anything else from them besides voicemails.

MacFac Sep 30, 2019

@576 I just received the same letter, saying that they are taking actions to collect the money owed, what happened to you next? did they did any action?

angryinTX Feb 25, 2015

I've been paying $450 a month for the past three years and have only visit the "resort" once on a free weekend two years ago. It was a dump. The room didn't look anything like the brochure or the rooms that they showed me when I visit the "call center" in Irving, TX. Old tube tv sets, no wi-fi, only one shower and a very old broken bathtub in the other bedroom. It was so nasty. Then they took me on the tour of the "diamond" club owners, which looked more like a condo and better facilities. For what??? I'm not paying more for "better ammenities". The place is a dump in poor sections of town. They just scam and lie and pressure people into purchasing more. The red dates mean nothing. I've never been able to use them. The RCI program that I thought I could use is no longer in affect. They keep changing the services that you can use. When I complain, they just say that they are under new management after getting so many complaints. That's at least one a year. This whol industry should be investigated. When I first purchased the time share, the guy in Irving wanted to follow me home so I could go pick up a check and bring it to him. Are you insane, sir??????? That should have been my first hint that these are scam artists. I want to tell everyone that I see NOT to do it. The "resort" is nothing but an old LaQuinta or Motel 6. For what I pay for a month, I spent on my summer vacation hotel stay for a week last summer. It was a beach resort. A real resort. I'll never recoup what I've paid to Silver Leaf resorts and I just want out. I had a friend who said she stopped paying and they had to write a letter or sign something stating why they ceased payment and they are not being penalized and it never hit there credit. Thinking about it, how could it hit your creidt? It wasn't a loan and nothing was financed. As soon as I get the courage, I'm goign to stop paying too. I am only 3 days late in my payment this month and they are calling me 5-6 times a day on my cell phone and at least 3 times a day on my work phone. I blocked the # and they just started calling me from another #. They do not conduct business professionally and every month they call me for a "free" visit so they can sell me more stuff. Every time they have called me to sell me something, I've asked them to lose my # becuase they are a horrible business and I am so sorry that I made a deal with the devil.

• Fu
    Furious Customer44 Jan 23, 2015

They are calling me 4 and 5 times a day when I clearly told them that I do not have the money to pay them this month. When I spoke to them today, they said that they will keep calling until they get the money. I finally put them on the reject call on my cell phone. I do not understand what harassing people will get them. I am bipolar and this is not helpful to me.

Jazzabell Jan 19, 2015

I just called Silverlead corporate and talked to owner services and was able to give my timeshare back to them. They are sending me paperwork in the mail to sign and send back to them. One thing tho is my timeshare is completely paid for and all I was doing was paying mainatence fees. They are stopping my auto-pay of my maintence fees. For those that have a timeshare and it's paid off and you aren't wanting to get anything out of it and just get rid of it this is the way to do. I told them I live in another state which I do and never get to TX where my resort is and I would rather someone else have it that can use it. I'm going to be saving myself almost $1000 a year doing this. the number I called is [protected]

• Un
    UnahappyCustomerTx Jan 09, 2015

Hi All any new news to those who stop paying?

Happy New Year

AEH821 Dec 28, 2014

I broke down and paid a company to get rid of it for me so hopefully that wasn't a waste of money as well. Ill let everyone know how it goes

• Sh
    Shirley VRANA Dec 28, 2014

We have stopped paying as of August. We received letter saying that they going to sue us for balance. Today is the last day to respond too letter. Guess we will see what happens. I gave read all reviews hope t bc eye don't do anything.

AEH821 Dec 15, 2014

On the ones of you that stopped paying and received the foreclosure info what has happened since then? I just received that letter today and it got me a little worried because the woman said it would effect me ever being able to buy a house or car or selling our house in the future. How true is this? Any information on whats happened with yall would be much appreciated! !! Thank you!

Mary olivio Oct 05, 2014

I stop paying on my Silverleaf payment they keep sending a bill I just cannot afford paying for it anymore

• Mi
    miakobe Aug 08, 2014

All,
    I submitted my paper last May and right now just waiting.

TexanMan Aug 08, 2014

My wide and I stopped paying for about 3 months now. We wanted to just cut our loses. Which is probably around four thousand dollars. I just received a letter today that our full amount is due now within 10 days or there will be a lawsuit against me. They call probably 8 times a day. I have never used this except the free weekend they offered. The unit was pathetic. Tube televisions and very old fashion. The pools at the 2 different locations that I have seen are pathetic considering this is a resort. Before we got our house the pool at our apartment complex made their pools look very unappealing. It has been the biggest mistake I have made. I will never give in to high pressure sales tactics ever again. I guess we will see where this goes if they are actually going to attempt a lawsuit against us or not. I will keep you posted.

AEH821 Aug 05, 2014

I am also curious as to what happened to those that stopped paying? Did it hit your credit pretty bad? I keep going back and forth with just stopping my payments because I have tried getting rid of this Timeshare since about 3 weeks after I bought it. I've never used it and don't ever plan too and like many of you have stated they just won't give me any options to get out of it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Ju
    Junadi Jun 24, 2014

To those who have stopped their monthly payment for silverleaf resort, did it affect your credit?

• Tk
    tkd0322 Jun 08, 2014

when you guys stop paying did they send a letter saying they will file a lawsuit against you??

• Ba
    Barbara Siegert Apr 17, 2014

Joined back in 2008 for the trial version which gave us a week of free vacation at one of the resorts, had to have emergency surgery so we called them to let them know & they said it wasn't a problem that we could still use it. Well surprise - surprise we still didn't get it even to this date. They still call wanting us to come to a meeting to discuss the issue so far we have been to quite a few with no results, now they say we have to buy the time share in order to receive our week. My husband & I have told them to quit calling but they don't and it is the same lies every time. Beware people of their false claims ..

• Mi
    miakobe Apr 16, 2014

I saw them at the Houston Japanese Festival this weekend "Carah" and I was going to say something to the people who was signing there name.

Anyhow please let us know what your next step.

Thanks and best wishes