Menu

Shutterstock  -  Unauthorised withdrawal from my debit card

O
Author of the complaint
8:03 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a registered user on Shutterstock official website (https://www.shutterstock.com/) with Username: seunlovingme30
and User ID: [protected]

Based on the company or organization (Shutterstock) regular persuasion before and after registering on their website I gave in and signup for a month free trial subscription at zero charge. The free trial subscribed to was never explored in whatever way as I became ill shortly after I registered for the 'A Month Free Trial' on the 30th April, 2021 as I did not make any download throughout the period.

On the 1st August 2021, I woke up to a deduction or debit alert of $29 (US Dollars) by Shutterstock on the 31st July 2021, Inc. from my bank account through my debit card submitted on Shutterstock website. This deduction was carried out by Shutterstock two (2) months after 'a month free trial subscription' I signed up expired on the 29th of May, 2021. This unauthorized deduction was carried out by Shutterstock without any prior agreement, notice nor email sent to me before and after the deduction.

I thereafter contacted the Shutterstock customer service through both email and phone calls on their website requesting for the reversal of the amount illegally deducted from my bank account through my debit card. Shutterstock however admitted the withdrawal with the excuse that their system runs subscription auto renewal after a month free trial but with their refusal to reverse the transaction as I was told the deduction was irreversible.

It is important I state that the company or organization (Shutterstock) never stated before, during and after the sign up for a month free trial subscription that their system runs auto-renewal neither was any message or email sent to that effect to me aforetime or prior the unauthorized deduction. Also, I never at any point in time explore any download. I mean I never downloaded any image on the Shutterstock website since I registered on the platform. All the above explanation to Shutterstock requesting for a reversal proved abortive.

Kindly note the following:
Date of the Incident: 31/07/2021

View 0 more photos

More Shutterstock complaints & reviews

Shutterstock - Terrible company!
Shutterstock - unauthorized debit